Forum Settings
Forums

Not even sure if I can ask this here, but I'm going to ask it anyways!

New
Jul 24, 2012 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
How do you get torrents to work? I'm using bittorrent and whenever I go to watch something it says that Windows Media Player doesn't support it. They're all in MLV file type. Help, please?
Jul 24, 2012 2:25 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not sure what MLV is, but if you, by any chance, mean .mkv, you can download VLC media player.
That's what I usually open them with. KMPlayer is also a good choice.

"You sit on a full-moon lotus-cushion of white light In the hundred-petalled full bloom of youth."
Patrul Rinpoche

Jul 24, 2012 2:27 PM

May 2012
MADALIAN said:
Not sure what MLV is, but if you, by any chance, mean .mkv, you can download VLC media player.

That, or download a video converter, if you've download of good quality MKV (If that is what your going on about) Convert it & it should stay in good quality.
Jul 24, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
You either need the correct codecs (see: Combined Community Codec Pack) to properly play the video or to download a player that can decode a multitude of video formats (see: VLC).
Jul 24, 2012 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
The latest VLC player is quite good. No reason to use anything else.
My apologies, children, for I am afraid I cannot save you all.
Jul 24, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2009
MADALIAN said:
I'm not sure what MLV is, but if you, by any chance, mean .mkv, you can download VLC media player.

Absolutely do not do this.

Verdale said:
You either need the correct codecs (see: Combined Community Codec Pack) to properly play the video.

Do this. CCCP also comes with Media Player Home Classic, which is better than VLC and comes with everything you need.

Your problem doesn't sound like an issue with torrents... if you are having problems with that then you should update or change your client. I would recommend Bit-Torrent or uTorrent. But do the above first, because that is likely the issue here.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jul 24, 2012 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
I am using Bit-Torrent though.
>__<
But I am downloading the CCC Pack so hopefully that works. Thank you~!
Jul 24, 2012 4:35 PM
Sep 2010
Vlc doesn't require codec packs but since you already downloading it cccp should be decent for you.
Jul 24, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
I personally use Media Player Classic after getting fed up with artifacts on VLC, but I hear the latest version is good. Eitherr is fine I guess.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Jul 24, 2012 6:38 PM
Feb 2012
Latest version of VLC is quite amazing. Download the file and then open it using VLC.
Jul 24, 2012 7:33 PM

Dec 2007
Mechatastical said:
I am using Bit-Torrent though.
>__<
But I am downloading the CCC Pack so hopefully that works. Thank you~!

All Bit-Torrent is is a program for downloading and sharing files. Asking how to play/open the file you downloaded has got nothing to do with torrents.

Video files require "codecs" to play them. CCCP contains all the codecs you need to play most videos.
Jul 24, 2012 7:41 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm, never used BitTorrent, I use uTorrent, and you can play the file right from uTorrent Screen with your set Media Player. I've only used VLC Media Player. Don't need to download codecs. The only problem with VLC is that when your CPU usage is over the top it won't play the File. So a Good PC or a rationality of how much programs you have opened up is needed.
VLC has a pretty good GUI too.

Therefore, I suggest the newest version of VLC
"Hmm, Loli is Fine Too."

Jul 24, 2012 9:04 PM

Aug 2009
I'll always be biased toward MPC over VLC. I absolutely hated VLC and was so pleased when I switched to MPC-HC. I would definitely recommend it.
Jul 24, 2012 9:12 PM

Aug 2010
ycart59 said:
I'll always be biased toward MPC over VLC. I absolutely hated VLC and was so pleased when I switched to MPC-HC. I would definitely recommend it.
Indeed. For example, a couple of days ago I was installing Shogun 2, so my processor was 100% used, to a rate that I couldn't even browse Internet, yet I could watch an anime with MPC...

Also, you don't quite need all the codecs. You could do good with MadVR only.
Jul 25, 2012 5:30 AM
Jun 2012
you can use a few programs to open those files

1) VLC player
2) media player classic
3) DA player

all of these 3 programs are able to open .mkv files. i recommend you to use a few different programs instead of sticking to one.

sometimes the fault lies with the program, not the file. so you might want to use another program to open the same file
Jul 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2008
I like when people try argue "not needing to download codecs" as a good reason to use VLC player.

It's like saying "why do I need to cook when I can just eat fast food for the rest of my life?"
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 25, 2012 9:27 AM

Feb 2012
I can't make them work, that's why I don't use them. I'm freaking lame.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
7 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
8 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.