Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Post New Reply
Poll: Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion

Mar 6, 7:15 PM

About to watch Kimi no na wa however, i'm still convinced this will remain as one of the best movies i've seen.

2 hours is a generous length for a movie however no time was wasted for plot development. This is a story about life so i'm glad they paced everything accordingly.

Can't think of any faults, weaknesses - 10/10.
~

Mar 19, 7:04 AM
I rewatched this movie again with my family, & my mom, my little sister, and I bawled out our eyes during certain parts.
My mom said she cried throughout the movie into the following morning.

I loved this film & I loved how understanding, emotionally strong, committed, and loving Hana, the mother, is. Whoever dubbed her in English did an excellent job. I REALLY loved her voice <3

Such a beautiful& enjoyable movie. 10/10

Apr 3, 3:03 AM

The sad aka bad ending is pretty awesome and amazing like Kimi no Na wa. I fuckin' love this movie.

11/10 scores

Apr 17, 6:02 PM

I just watched the movie I didn't like the characters design but the story line was amazing the plot twist of timid and tearful Ame abandoning his humanity and become an animal was huge suprise.I wanted him to see his sisters graduation ceremony or at least visit his lonely mother but sadly I don't think he will return to his human form ever again.

Apr 18, 10:31 PM

8/10 an excellent well animated and enjoyable fantasy drama that has human emotion, some humor, feeling and all that.

Apr 24, 9:29 PM
NegativeOtaku said:
If you don't mind beastiality (thankfully the sex part wasn't shown), its a beautiful film, still beastiality though.

Why say beastality? humans are animal beings too and can love whoever different species/race of person they want as long as they are consenting adults. And what makes Roger Rabbit and Jessica, Eliza and Goliath, Regular Show with Eilen/Rigby (one a mole person and a raccoon person) with Margaret's parents one being a human man and a humanoid bird woman, Vastra/Jenny on Doctor Who, Star Wars/Star Trek, Hepzibah/Corsair on X-Men TAS/Marvel comics etc. no different than in this movie in terms of interspecies romance for there is nothing wrong with interspecies romance.

For 30 years since i was 5 years old when i saw Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures (the Ralph Bakshi and John K one)'s episode The Littlest Tramp where it had a sexy blonde mouse lady who married a human rich man as they even kissed after the wedding, Beauty and the Beast the TV show with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton (i had a thing for her back then) with Catherine/Vincent (a beast man who resembles a lion even with fur/claws and born that way), Splash with Tom Hanks/Daryl Hanna which has a human man and a mermaid in love, Star Trek The Next Generation then later Alien Nation and so much more showed me that love isn't just the same species/race you know.

Marvel has plenty of that as you have Howard The Duck (an interdimensional duck Being) and a human woman named Beverly Switzler, Lilandra and Xavier (mutant man and alien bird woman who's race evolved from some species of alien bird), Hepzibah and Corsair (Cyclop's human space pirate father and an alien furry skunk-cat woman), Gamora and any alien man or human etc. and that's what i love about Marvel is they don't judge odd romances as love is love you know.

Now take Regular Show for example with Eillen and Rigby are great examples as they love each other for who they are and not what they are, for appearance and species don't matter as one is a mole person and one is a raccoon person. I'm glad they finally got married at the end and have a family, same goes for Frank and Denise whom one is a humanoid bird woman and one a human man which i'm very proud the creator of this show had guts to do and did it nicely. Frank and Denise reminds me of a similar interspecies couple being Roger and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Recent examples of interspecies love is Vastra and Jenny on Doctor Who which has an earth alien lizard woman who is lesbian married to a human woman, i'm proud of that they did too and shows love isn't just the same species/race of being.

Afterall i am a furry and do support inter-species/inter-being romances in comics, games, Science Fiction/Fantasy stories/books/movies/shows, fanfiction, art, animation etc. but ONLY if they are humanoid Being, sentient/sapient being, alien being, magical creature being (ala mermaid or gargoyle or elf or vampire etc.) or mutant being which is OK as they can consent and similar to us in some ways with body structure/parts/height/emotions/feelings etc. but NEVER to a 4 legged ordinary regular feral animal creature like say if a man does it with a regular everyday plain ordinary 4 legged Beagle, than that would be beastality as it's a thing that can't consent to Beings you know nor is a humanoid or a Being in general.

Now on Bojack Horseman in that universe humans and anthro humanoids co-exist plus it's legal for anthro humanoids to romance/marry different ones even with humans like Charolette and Kyle for example a deer humanoid woman and a human man married and have kids. The same thing applies to the Marvel lovers i mentioned.

Another example, Minerva Mink and a human man in a story series i'm reading, i mean both are sapient mammal beings who are consenting adults as she is a humanoid mink woman with parts/all like a human's even breasts underneath the fur/tail/ears with all that plus high intelligence/can think/similar DNA like a human's and all even for romantic with the man and can get married in their world and produce children even half-mink person half-human hybrids or if the children end up the same species/race as the mother.

I mean there is plenty of inter-species or inter-being romances like Cheetah/Batman on Justice League, Kit Mambo/Rene on Animalympics, Sonic and Sally, Nick/Judy on Zootopia, Star Trek/Wars alien species/races of Beings romancing other races/species of Alien beings even human beings, InuYasha and Kagome, Hellboy/Liz, Tankgirl/Booga, Aragon/Arwen (human and elf), Charlene and Vinnie on Biker Mice from Mars, Roger Rabbit and Jessica and more.

I believe in comics/games/animation/Science Fiction & fantasy stories & books & movies and shows/fanfiction etc. that people should have the right to love whoever person they want to love and the word "people" doesn't mean just human but just Being in general and as long as they are consenting adults. I am a very open minded person and when i read a book/graphic novel/fanfiction story or watch a movie/TV show or play a game i go into the world into escapism to be drawn into the stories.

As Prince Lir in Peter S Beagle's The Last Unicorn (ever read that Book and seen that movie folks?) once said when he found out by the magician Schmendrick about the loveliest girl Lir ever laid eyes on and romanced known as Lady Amalthea is a humanized unicorn that is her secret "Unicorn, mermaid, sorceress, lamia, gorgon, vampire, werewolf, gargoyle, elf, genie...no name you could give her would surprise OR frighten me...i love whom i love" which is one of my favorite quotes, and do you know what Lir meant by it?

May 6, 11:22 PM

First of all, I regret holding off on having watched this because of my silly aversion to anthropomorphic anime. I should have listened to my wife, who saw this film last year and loved it. Well I finally watched it, and, while some aspects were "odd" for me, the work is a masterpiece of the beauty of nature and the spirit of rural Japan, a part of the world that beckons me, as if to say "home".

At times, the animation was groundbreaking. The rain streaming off the roof, the clouds, the run through the snow. I wondered how they did it so fluidly, yet not having it look CG.

From what I can tell, this film is set in Toyama Prefecture. It's north of Gifu, and borders the western coast of the main island, Honshu. The west coast gets heavy snow in winter, because of the moisture from the sea. It's a gorgeous area. And, as portrayed in the film, the people are rugged, but caring.

A brother and sister choose separate paths. In a way, it was sad that Ame chose to live as a wolf, but in another way, if that is the destiny that he is most comfortable with, then so be it. Yuki chose the human way. And I think we know who she will marry later on. They are two peas in a pod, the same in spirit, yet complimentary in personalities.

A lovely story, with a lot of the best human elements in it. Every time I see a film like this, it reaffirms that humans have the capacity to be wonderful creatures.

Jun 7, 12:56 AM

That was the most heart warming story i enjoyed because i was raised by a single parents too. We were like those little wolves comparing our behavior. I loved this movie but Ame disappointed me when he went to the wild and decided to be an animal. I guess Yuki really wanted to be human and even going to Middle school to embrace her form. Hana was the star of the show really.

Jul 15, 12:29 PM
A fantastic, wondrous and awe-inspiring journey, to sum it all up. Seriously, it was just this good. Had their been a better display of animation and art especially towards the beginning and a more impactful and memorable ost, I'm sure this show would have been present in the top 5 anime movie rankings through the MAL rating system. Well, it's not like that's what hinders this movie at all even in the slightest, trust me. Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki brings to us a flawless and pure story of the importance of family. Hana, the mother, would do anything and I mean anything to support her children and make sure to find an environment to their liking. She travelled to the countryside abondoning her bright future in the cities with scholarships and etc to a countryside where the hardships of life simply keeps tumbling upon her. Yet she perseveres and strives to live even in the harshest of days for the sake of her beloved half human, half wolf like children. It's actually hard to put it in words since the beauty of the story can only be expressed through the movie honestly. While it is sort of true many say that the ending was incomplete and too open, it still does well enough to conclude things firmly I reckon. It truly was a big shock to see Ame take the initiative to be wolf-like instead of Yuki for various reasons, however it portrayed this wonderfully. Even I was sobbing when that eventful morning scene came in, but I think that last moment among mother and son was perfect as it was. Now that Ame already left in order to lead the forests or however you'd like to put it, it would be very odd and unreasonable had he come back again to human form or at least that's what I personally got from the movie. On the other hand, Yuki seemed to have been carrying on with her human-like life graduating and moving on which is great to see. Personally, if Yuki were to be leading the forests, I imagine it'd be a very hard time for her prey to survive in(Lol, that's what I first thought as the movie ended). All that said, I was kind of disappointed that Ame and Yuki never got to sort things among them and I don't think they will ever even meet again so that really is depressing and therefore slightly disappointing.
Overall, it's amazing!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto... ­čśť

Aug 19, 6:58 PM
I finally decided to pick this up after constant debate and man what a tearjerker. I cried throughout the movie and the whole ending song. The feels were real. What a great movie

Aug 27, 9:24 AM

Their story was very sweet but Hana getting laid with him in his wolf form instead of his human form was pretty weird to think about. I suppose the thing is that she loves him enough to make love with him twice regardless of appearance which is touching~

Poor dad jumped into a storm drain while chasing dinner and died too soon ;-; Seeing the werewolf siblings fight each other savagely because of their opposing views on life while destroying the whole house was hard to watch...and pretty much opened my eyes on how me and my siblings fighting causes collateral damage similar to that.

Witnessing the house renovation and rural struggles step-by-step was a very nice way of showing how diligent Hana can be, a fun watch as well ♥

Even after it took so much to raise them, looking back on it only felt like yesterday~ (No, it's not because of the movie length '^' ) As long as they're happy with doing what they want, it's fine since that was what Hana and Wolfguy wanted in the first place~

Sep 1, 3:58 AM

I don't even know what to say to this movie. I was told that most likely I was going to cry watching this which I DID; when that werewolf guy died for I don't know what reason. And seriously we didn't find out what exactly was the reason why he died. And that was the only moment where I cried, but the rest made me laugh, and pissed me off.

This movie had a lot of potential to be great, but the moment it's about to reach its ending, I really wanted it to end fast because turns out like Ame's become a rebellious kid who doesn't like to live with his family anymore and just be a lone werewolf in the forest because his fucking master died who I don't even think is a significant character.

This movie kinda pissed me off, but I'm still rating it 8 for its precious moments while Yuki and Ame were growing up, and Hana's dedication as a mother that happened in this movie.

I guess Ame hitting his head changed him? How about we bang his head against the wall to make him realize that he's being a rebellious sissy, and yeah his mom just let him do what he wants because it's the natural thing to do. Idk that scene with Ame just made me hate this movie. Ugh.

This movie had a lot of great moments, but more of a bad and annoying moments. I really enjoyed 1/2 of it, but the remaining 1/2 of it pissed me off.

8/10
Modified by TheDoggoneGirl, Sep 1, 8:11 AM
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Sep 22, 12:28 PM

F.U Ame !!! Ungrateful bastard.

Sep 25, 8:07 PM

Pretty neat movie. Honestly the only part where I felt kind of emotional though was when they tossed the dad's corpse into a garbage truck.

Like I can't even imagine what that would feel like, lmao.

Oct 2, 5:56 AM

Was Hana ever happy after getting pregnant with the werewolf?
Hana gets pregnated and is obligated to abandon her studies and dreams to look after her childrens.
Then Werewolf died and Hana need to moves to the middle of nowhere (without money, job, friends)
At the end of the movie her son and daughter abandoned her to live their proper lifes.
Hana stayed alone forever.

What a sad life. To meet the Werewolf was a mistake for her whole life.

5/10 movie. I don't know why people like this.

Oct 11, 10:33 AM

I really liked the movie. It was almost too furryish for me. And I struggled with the wolf kids at first. Especially Yukki's insanity. But ultimately I thought it was an engaging and emotional film. And I really liked how it was about the mother. Mother's are props and plot devices in anime. And for a film to actually focus on the growth and story of a single mother was kind of lovely. I wish it had ended a little more happily for her. Maybe we knew she still had a good relationship with her daughter? Beyond that one picture. The fact neither of her kids were that old. And she already viewed raising them as a fairy tale was kind of really sad to me.

But forreal what a great Mom. Probably the best Mom in anime. I'm glad there was never any serious scenes where like the police or government were trying to lock her up and take her kids away. Just a pleasant film about a single mom doing her best. With a few completely heart breaking scenes scattered in.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]