Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Oct 6, 2008 7:34 PM

I hope this is appropriate for the club. I just want to practice having conversations in japanese with others! i'm not really sure what to write but maybe it will get somewhere when more people start posting :D

こんにちは!このページで日本語を勉強する! 私は一年日本語を勉強した。 今まで勉強する。 もちろん、アニメとまんがが好きです。まんがとアニメがどちがいいです?私はまんがのほうがいいです、でもふたりはとても 楽しいと思います。

みんなさんは、はなしましょう! よろしくおねがいします!
Modified by Zealous, Dec 5, 2008 9:12 AM

Oct 7, 2008 12:21 AM

いい思いつきですね。僕も一年くらい日本語を勉強しました。でも今まで上手がありません。
今年の日本語能力試験lvl4がしたいです。難しいでしょうか。早い過ぎでしょうか。
どうでもいい、一生懸命頑張ります。^^;

Oct 11, 2008 7:17 AM

I suggest using
lang-8 for that so native japanese speakers can fix your sentences cause ther'es definitely mistakes. I get what you're saying but there's mistakes. Some of the mistakes are mad weird but yeah lang-8, they'll take of it for you and you ca nlearn from them.

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆

Oct 11, 2008 6:48 PM

I think you might want to take a step backwards, and fix your mistakes in English, Miss midori-. ;)

midori- said:
I suggest using
lang-8 for that so native japanese speakers can fix your sentences cause ther'es definitely mistakes. I get what you're saying but there's mistakes. Some of the mistakes are mad weird but yeah lang-8, they'll take of it for you and you ca nlearn from them.

The Internet is serious business, you know.

Oct 11, 2008 7:05 PM

Whee, katsup, it makes me super happy that though it still takes me forever to read through a sentence (and understand the kanji), I can still get a general idea of what you are saying. Such a difference from the summer when I knew nothing about the Japanese language =D

Oct 14, 2008 4:31 AM

but i thinks its a great idea, i know that my sentences are also somekind of weird^^; but mistakes are important to improve ^^. But i still understand whats she wants to say

Oct 14, 2008 10:01 PM

なかなか日本語よむことができません >_>

Oct 15, 2008 10:28 AM

Kiseki: 試験頑張って:)4級はとても簡単だと思う。

Oct 15, 2008 10:37 AM

Iriya: :D いま、にほんごをべんきょうする?

midori: このサィートをおもしろそうです。 してみたい。 :) i know my japanese isn't so good, because i always mess up the particles. though i think that i'm not confindent enough to do a site like that yet though.... ^^;

luisen: かんじをよめなせん?。。。ひらがなとかたかながいい?

kiseki: 。。。たくさんかんじをしりません。D: ;.; ごめん!

Oct 15, 2008 12:24 PM

Luluko: ありがとう。僕もそう思いですが、でも今とても怖いです。たくさんの日本語をわかりません。色々を勉強したい。
katsup:だいじょうぶ、いちにちあなたがぜったいじょうずがなる。
If i wrote something wrong, so please correct me ^^;

Oct 15, 2008 4:46 PM

Yeah... particles are wrong. I just recommend using lang-8, get something corrected and learn from it.. Or like do song lyrics, also can learn kanji at the same time (Reading the kanji at least) + build vocabulary. Like anime songs are the easiest... (As easy or more easy than J-pop...-You know they pretty cliche.) If you want start off Easy.

例)
Like a better of saying/corrected or katsup's would be like.
大丈夫、ある日必ず上手になるでしょう。

Modified by midori-, Oct 15, 2008 4:51 PM

어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆

Oct 15, 2008 6:45 PM

midori- said:
Yeah... particles are wrong. I just recommend using lang-8, get something corrected and learn from it.. Or like do song lyrics, also can learn kanji at the same time (Reading the kanji at least) + build vocabulary. Like anime songs are the easiest... (As easy or more easy than J-pop...-You know they pretty cliche.) If you want start off Easy

I write journal entries every week for my class and i'm always doing hw so i dont really need to use lang-8 since i wouldn't know what to write to get corrected. I just need to be more comfortable writing things that are more conversationlike. i guess. Like when i was learning french i would talk to french people and even though they didnt really correct what i was saying, just having a conversation with them was enough to help me become more comfortable.

you know whats funny, in my japanese class we actually do listen to songs and fill in the lyrics (my teacher takes the lyrics and deletes certain words/phrases that we have to fill in.)

if anything we could always try to correct eachother here, but i didnt want that to be the main focus. cause sometimes you dont notice you've made a mistake till after you've written it, or it's easier to spot out mistakes reading other posts. I wanted this to be a thread where people could openly practice conversations. Of course there will be mistakes.. but i dunno. .
Modified by katsup, Oct 15, 2008 7:07 PM

Oct 15, 2008 6:57 PM

katsup said:

luisen: かんじをよめなせん?。。。ひらがなとかたかながいい?

すこちかなじができますでも、 かたかなができません。。 :(

Oct 16, 2008 7:04 AM

へー、このクラブを訪れるのは久しぶりだな。。

最近、人気に成ったんだよねこのクラブは。。

あぁ!こんにちはみんなさん! (☆ω☆)ノ

Oct 18, 2008 2:56 PM

こんにちはみんなさん!お元気ですか。フェダーです。 みんなさんはどこで日本語を勉強しますか。学校で?それとも一人で?聞いてくれませんか。

Oct 19, 2008 1:41 PM

へぇ〜、こんなクラブありましたか?大喜びです 笑

ちょっと自己紹介します。バブルです。昨年の九月、大学で日本語の勉強始めたんだけど、今年はとれないから、今一人でがんばっています。じゃあ、よろしくお願いします。

えーと、実は、特に勉強していませんが、日本語でテレビ番組見たり、ニュースpodcast聞いたり、漫画を読んだりすると、上手になることがとてもかんたんになると思います。漢字書くこと以外ですが。つまり、わたしにもっと漢字を勉強する事が必要なんです。

フォーマルで話すと、頭の中に、とても少女っぽいな声がなぜか聞こえます。へんですね。

Oct 31, 2008 10:21 PM

konichiwa!! im new to MAL, but i've studied japanese for 2 years in college. I'm still not up to parr, but i have a question. i started a japanese group on another website and i think i might have translated the title incorrectly. can someone help me out? i translated "Let's Shout Japanese!" to "Nihongo no Sakebimashou!". did i do that wrong? =3

HEY YOU, BIG STAR, TELL ME WHEN IT'S OVER..

Oct 31, 2008 11:03 PM

Merciless27 said:
konichiwa!! im new to MAL, but i've studied japanese for 2 years in college. I'm still not up to parr, but i have a question. i started a japanese group on another website and i think i might have translated the title incorrectly. can someone help me out? i translated "Let's Shout Japanese!" to "Nihongo no Sakebimashou!". did i do that wrong? =3

I think so.
You could do any of the following:
Nihongo de sakebimashou! (let's shout in japanese)
Nihongo no sakebi (wo) shimashou (let's do a japanese language shout)
Nihongo tte sakebimashou (let's shout 'japanese!')

And probably some others. But your version sounds off to me. I think you can replace ga with no sometimes, but you wouldn't be using ga anyway. Not that I remember the grammar explanations that well. I know there's something I'm forgetting, but I'm kind of not basing the examples on the explanation anyway if that makes any sense.

Nov 1, 2008 6:31 AM

How about 叫ぼう  More fun.

日本語を叫ぼう...

nihongo no sakebimashou means
let's shout 'the thing of japanese'
Modified by midori-, Nov 1, 2008 6:39 AM

어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆

Nov 3, 2008 2:20 AM

どうもありがとうございます!! =3

if anyone wants to check out the group. go here::
NEWTYPEZONE

HEY YOU, BIG STAR, TELL ME WHEN IT'S OVER..

Nov 18, 2008 7:34 AM

こんにちはクラブの皆さん(^ω^)
新しいメンバだからちょっと自己紹介します
俺も一年位日本語を勉強しました
「サシストン」と読んでにくいからサシーです

今17才男、オランダからです

学校へ行かないけど自分で勉強するです
昨日暇な人だから クラブサーチで「日本語」を探しました
いっぱい英語のウェブサイトには漢字できないから「見つけられないかな」と思ったけど
見つけた!と
「キターーーーーーーー(・∀・)------」な感じを出しましたwww

皆よろしくおねがいしますね(^ω^)/

ミスごめんなさいね(>。<)
Modified by entalpi, Nov 18, 2008 7:57 AM

Nov 18, 2008 9:08 AM

いらっしゃい~

Nov 22, 2008 2:01 PM

._. I just started taking Japanese, but I'll try posting a bit (we haven't done kanji yet, so bear with me -_-')

おは伊予皆さん!どうぞよろしく。わたしは日本語だいすき。

Does that make sense?
Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can --and often do-- turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin. They will bow thier heads, condemning those victims for bringing calamity upon themselves, and cast their eyes toward heaven in thanks while their neighbours lay dying around them.
~Soren, Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance

Nov 22, 2008 6:51 PM

UchihaItachi6660 said:
._. I just started taking Japanese, but I'll try posting a bit (we haven't done kanji yet, so bear with me -_-')

おは伊予皆さん!

What? Is that supposed to be おはよう? My dictionary tells me it should be お早う and that what you wrote is おはいよ which is incorrect.

どうぞよろしく。わたしは日本語だいすき。

Does that make sense?

This on the other hand is fine. だいすき can become 大好き though (it usually is). And わたし can be 私 but doesn't have to be (probably because 私 has several valid readings that differ in terms of who would say them).

Nov 25, 2008 5:32 PM

Mistral said:

わたしは日本語だいすき is also not fully correct. Before (だい)すき there should be particle が. I bet that in slang lazy Japanese can omit this particle but you can't! lol So correct version is わたし は にほんご が だいすき。

I'd argue that it is okay for foreigners to use slang, and personally I love it. If you forget が on a test or in formal conversation that might be bad, but slang is ok in the correct context. Note however that on this thread most people have been talking a bit more formally.

ね、みなさん、和製英語はどう思いますか?たとえばプリクラやドンマイ。好きですか?変だと思いますか?
和製英語と言うのは日本で作った英語です。
Modified by bubble, Nov 26, 2008 12:49 PM

Dec 2, 2008 7:13 PM

こんにちは、みんなさん
僕はたった今部を入りました。多分この部の方よりもっと高いレベルかもしれないが、これからもよろしくね。

僕のばあいは、今もっと珍しい語彙や漢字を勉強しています。

とにかく、どんなレベルでもがんばってね。
Modified by Zealous, Dec 5, 2008 9:23 PM

Dec 5, 2008 9:09 AM

- No English Allowed - ;)

Heisig debate copied and continued here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=55721&pages=1&show=0

I modified posts that were primarily English. However, those that were constructive to somebody's Japanese were left alone. This is how it should be. Stay on topic. :P
Modified by Zealous, Dec 5, 2008 9:44 AM

Dec 5, 2008 10:12 AM

ね、sleepydayさん、ポストを消す事できるでしょう?editページにはそういうボタンあるんです。消したくなかったんですか?そんな方がよかったかなって思いましたから。

まあ、とにかく、最近機動戦士ガンダム(Mobile Suit Gundam)を見ています。こんなに好きなのがびっくりしました。なんか、キャラが面白くて好きになりやすいし、アムロもその敵も悪い事しちゃうし、戦争の悪さを考える事になります。そして戦いがすごいんです。笑

Dec 5, 2008 9:27 PM

はい! 助けて呉れてありがとう! 
Modified by Zealous, May 24, 2009 1:25 PM

Dec 6, 2008 3:00 PM

bubblehead said:
ね、sleepydayさん、ポストを消す事できるでしょう?editページにはそういうボタンあるんです。消したくなかったんですか?そんな方がよかったかなって思いましたから。

まあ、とにかく、最近機動戦士ガンダム(Mobile Suit Gundam)を見ています。こんなに好きなのがびっくりしました。なんか、キャラが面白くて好きになりやすいし、アムロもその敵も悪い事しちゃうし、戦争の悪さを考える事になります。そして戦いがすごいんです。笑

まだガンダムを見た事がありません。ま、アニメのファンになった前まではガンダムのことを知っていましたが、まだ見る気がなかった。それほど面白いと言うなら、もっと早く見たいかも知れません。

Dec 8, 2008 9:42 AM

Is a college 101 & 102 learner.
Know the basics and then some.
But, its been a while and I never really spoke it or planned out what I wanted to say, it was all book work. I'm not too familiar with Kanji.
I know romanjii very well, Right now I cant use Japanese on this computer, but the one I own i can.
Ohayo goziamas!
ano, Watashiwa Sukoshi Nehongoga Wakarimas.
Sumimasen.
Watashiwa waruimas.

Dec 8, 2008 4:38 PM

Bananers said:
But, its been a while and I never really spoke it or planned out what I wanted to say, it was all book work. I'm not too familiar with Kanji.
I know romanjii very well, Right now I cant use Japanese on this computer, but the one I own i can.
Ohayo goziamas!
Sumimasen.
Watashiwa waruimas.

Others make take note of this. If you are pointing out mistakes, English is acceptable in this thread. That should be clear in earlier posts as well. ~

Anyways, I'd like to mention that even your romaji is full of errors. For instance, in your --masu words, you're dropping the 'u' which isn't necessarily suppose to be that way in written language.

I don't understand why you capitalized each word, but that's not really a big deal.

One more thing. "Nehongo", if you're referring to "Japanese" as a language, is written in romaji as "nihongo."

Dec 13, 2008 12:55 PM

sleepyday said:
Bananers said:
Ohayo goziamas!
Sumimasen.
Watashiwa waruimas.

Others make take note of this. If you are pointing out mistakes, English is acceptable in this thread. That should be clear in earlier posts as well. ~

Anyways, I'd like to mention that even your romaji is full of errors. For instance, in your --masu words, you're dropping the 'u' which isn't necessarily suppose to be that way in written language.

I don't understand why you capitalized each word, but that's not really a big deal.

One more thing. "Nehongo", if you're referring to "Japanese" as a language, is written in romaji as "nihongo."

Yeah, I don't really understand why people try to write in Romaji, for those who do, understand that it's not actually "Japanese", it is an equivalent to Japanese pronunciation written in Roman characters. It's really best, as a start, to just learn hiragana and katakana, which you can easily do in a day if you set aside a couple hours. That way, you might not be fully writing normally in Japanese, but at least you'll be writing in Japanese.

とにかく、最近このスレ(Thread)には会話があんまり続けていないみたい・・何か新しい話題でも話してみよかな?

・・と言いたいけど、やっぱり僕は面白い話題を考えられないかもしれません(笑)。

Dec 14, 2008 5:47 PM

おっすw
自分で日本語を勉強します。まだまだよく分かりませんが。
えっとっすねぇ

まず、自己紹介しましょうっか。
16歳の女子高生です。 今はまだドイツに住みますが12月21日からはオーストラリアン人でよ。 凄いかねw
アニメや漫画などが大好きです。好みのジャンルは違いないに百合ロマンス。キャーw
実は自分はかなりのだめ人間オタだと思います。

とこれで「二ワサトウ」と言う名、別に意味ありませんわ。

とりあえず今日はこれで以上でーす。 皆さんよろしくお願いします!
(ミスはすいません!)

Dec 18, 2008 9:54 PM

hikky said:

大学の日本語話会もいつもそのようです。その会を一番続かせたい日本人はいつも「だれか、話したい事ありますか?」って聞いても、あまり誰も答えません。

あ!あった!日本のクリスマスはどう思いますか?一緒にいて、ケーキを食べて、手をつないで歩くカプルの日だそうです。恋人のいない人は寂しくなって、外国で旅行に行くそうです。

私も好きな人がいても、恋人がいないからそういう日はやっぱり嫌ですけど、何かクリスマスケーキ食べてみたいなーと思っています。白くて、上にイチゴがあるケーキだそうです。

Dec 18, 2008 10:30 PM

bubblehead said:
hikky said:

あ!あった!日本のクリスマスはどう思いますか?一緒にいて、ケーキを食べて、手をつないで歩くカプルの日だそうです。恋人のいない人は寂しくなって、外国で旅行に行くそうです。

私も好きな人がいても、恋人がいないからそういう日はやっぱり嫌ですけど、何かクリスマスケーキ食べてみたいなーと思っています。白くて、上にイチゴがあるケーキだそうです。

やっぱり無理をさせたらあんまり会話ができないね。「大学会話」って、日本語の教室での会話ですか?それとも留学生との会話?

そんなラブラブなクリスマスは意外といいかも知れないが、僕も恋人・・いいや、好きな人までいないしちょっと寂しい。ま、いいけど。

ケーキの味が好きですけど・・いつも健康のためにつまらない物しかたべていない~

Dec 18, 2008 11:07 PM

hikky said:
bubblehead said:
hikky said:

クラスじゃありません。えっと、クラブみたいな物かもしれませんね。つまり、先生が二・三人で、日本人の留学生が四・五人と六・七人の日本語を勉強する人が行きます。英語で「Language Table」と呼ぶんだけど、日本語では何と呼んでいい分かりません。休み以外にほとんど毎週会います。

へえ〜 つまらない物しか食べませんか?イチゴやみかんも食べませんか?私果物が大好きだから聞きます。

Dec 18, 2008 11:31 PM

bubblehead said:
hikky said:
bubblehead said:
hikky said:

クラスじゃありません。えっと、クラブみたいな物かもしれませんね。つまり、先生が二・三人で、日本人の留学生が四・五人と六・七人の日本語を勉強する人が行きます。英語で「Language Table」と呼ぶんだけど、日本語では何と呼んでいい分かりません。休み以外にほとんど毎週会います。

へえ〜 つまらない物しか食べませんか?イチゴやみかんも食べませんか?私果物が大好きだから聞きます。

あ、なるほど。そりゃ面白い・・僕はまだ大学に入っていないだからそんなクラブのような事がありません。ある知り合いしか練習相手がないだから直々な会話になれていない

そうですね、みかんも苺を食べていない・・あんまり砂糖が入ったのでね。ま、たまにりんごを食べますけど、やっぱり果物より野菜をいっぱい食べるよ。

May 7, 2009 7:45 PM

Wow, I've just realized how good of a measure of progress this sort of thing is. Looking at the previous post right above mine, which is only ~5 months ago, (And I've been lazing off for at least 3-4 of those!) I almost laugh at all the mistakes I made and weird ways I said things. It's amazing how much faster you start to improve once you have laid the foundations for that improvement.

とにかく、このスレが以前からあんまり進んでいないんですね。

僕にはもっと練習が必要なんですが、皆さん、このように話せることができたくないんでしょうか?

まぁ、無理もないですね・・・日本人がいないし、間違いをすれば、すぐ気づく方法はありません。

やはり、他の日本人のいるサイトで話すのがましかも知れません。

May 8, 2009 6:16 AM

こんにちは皆さん
新しい員がこのクラブに入った、名前はノーラです。よろしく
日本語一人で勉強しますけど。かんじはちょっと難しいそして面白いと思います

上手になる為にいっしょけんめい頑張ります^-^
Modified by Noa-Sama, May 8, 2009 6:26 AM

May 24, 2009 12:08 PM

へー、私はこのクラブがこの様なスレッド(日本語でみんなと話す)を要りました。だけど、今日、私はこれを探してから、ビックリしました!

he-, watashi ha kono kurabu ga kono youna sureddo (nihongo de minna to hanasu) wo irimashita. dakedo, kyou watashi ha kore wo sagashitekara, bikkurishimashita

じゃ、私はこのクラブを入ったのが久しぶりだったのに、自分をよく紹介しませんでした。^^’

jya, watashi ha kono kurabu wo haitta no ga hisashiburi datta noni, jibun wo yoku shoukai shimasen deshita ^^

私は黍団子と申します。'きび'を読んでもいいです。
watashi ha kibidango to moushimasu, 'kibi' wo yondemo ii desu.
今、アメリカ高校の三年生で、好きな科目は日本語と歴史です。
ima, amerika koukou no san nen sei de, sukina kamoku ha nihongo to rekishi desu.
趣味はアニメを見ることと、漫画を読むことと、絵を描くことなどなど。
shumi ha anime wo mirukoto to manga wo yomu koto to, e wo kaku koto nado nado

夏休みにギーターをひけるようになりたい。そして、もっと日本語を勉強しようと思います
どうぞよろしく。 natsuyasumi ni giitaa wo hikeru youni naritai. soshite, motto nihongo wo benkyoushiyou to omoimasu. douzoyoroshiku.

しつもんがある! : このクラブの皆さんは、夏休みに何をしようと思いますか?^^
shitsumon ga aru! : kono kurabu no minasan ha, natsuyasumi ni nani wo shiyou to omoimasuka? ^^

May 24, 2009 12:33 PM

NOH said:
こんにちは皆さん
新しい員がこのクラブに入った、名前はノーラです。よろしく
日本語一人で勉強しますけど。かんじはちょっと難しいそして面白いと思います

上手になる為にいっしょけんめい頑張ります^-^

ノーラさん、あなたは間違いところがある。
最初はこの句:「新しい員がこのクラブに入った。」
構文がちょっと変です。「私はこのクラブの入会者(にゅうがいしゃ)です」のような句の方がいいと思う
それから、漢字が難しくても、おもしろいのことについて句も間違いがあって、
上で書いてる方はよりいい句とおもう。

Translation of above.
NOH, you have some errors.
First, this sentence: 「新しい員がこのクラブに入った。」
Its structure is a little wierd. Its better if you just say 「私はこのクラブの入会者(にゅうがいしゃ)です」 (watashi ha(wa) kono kurabu no nyuugaisha desu/ literally, I'm this club's new member.)
Also, your sentence about kanji being [漢字が難しくても、おもしろい](hard but interesting) should be written like above.^

Soshite(そして, means "and") might look like its usable to connect adjectives since we use "and" to connect everything in English, but it is not. It is almost only used for conjunction between related sentences as well as nouns. If you want to connect adjectives or verbs, the "te-form" is normal the way to go.

Otherwise, your Japanese is not bad for a self-learner. Avoid structuring your sentences as you would in English. Japanese is not English. They are half a world away in terms of origin. I'd really suggest looking up and learning the "te-form" mentioned before if you're interested in getting better in Japanese. Believe me it will help TONS. Anyways,

こんにちは皆さん、私はコナクと申します。私は高校で日本語を習っていても、一人で勉強します。それでも、私の日本語は万全じゃない。だからこのクラブに入った。よろしくおねがいしますなのです。:)

May 25, 2009 11:51 AM

Konak said:
こんにちは皆さん、私はコナクと申します。私は高校で日本語を習っていても、一人で勉強します。それでも、私の日本語は万全じゃない。だからこのクラブに入った。よろしくおねがいしますなのです。:)

I understand ally you could everything you're trying to say just there's errors in them. Some sorta weird.

Probably dokugaku is better word than hitori and just decide whether you're gonna be all polite or all chill. Like starting with moushimasu then going to dakara is sorta weird.

Maybe you want to say naratteiru ue ni.

so putting all that together:

こんにちは皆さん、私はコナクと申します。高校で日本語を習っている上に、独学もしてるんですけど 私の日本語は まだ 万全じゃないんです。そういうわけで このクラブに入りました。よろしくおねがいします。:)

Why the おねがいしますなのです? I Found 2 people people say thatin their blog on google. I never heard of it.... where'd you hear it??????

어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆

May 25, 2009 1:10 PM

midori- said:
Konak said:

I understand ally you could everything you're trying to say just there's errors in them. Some sorta weird.

Probably dokugaku is better word than hitori and just decide whether you're gonna be all polite or all chill. Like starting with moushimasu then going to dakara is sorta weird.

Maybe you want to say naratteiru ue ni.

so putting all that together:

こんにちは皆さん、私はコナクと申します。高校で日本語を習っている上に、独学もしてるんですけど 私の日本語は まだ 万全じゃないんです。そういうわけで このクラブに入りました。よろしくおねがいします。:)

Why the おねがいしますなのです? I Found 2 people people say thatin their blog on google. I never heard of it.... where'd you hear it??????

I'm pretty sure that なのです thing comes from Rika-chan (the girl in Konak's avatar, also a character in higurashi no naku koro ni). She says it.. a lot.

May 25, 2009 3:53 PM

こんにちは。高校生です。
来年私はたくさん漢字を習いたい。
今、百四十漢字が知る。

(... I think my last sentence has a grammar problem. Grammar's my weak point. >_>)

May 25, 2009 10:05 PM

Gin-iro said:
こんにちは。高校生です。
来年私はたくさん漢字を習いたい。
今、百四十漢字が知る。

(... I think my last sentence has a grammar problem. Grammar's my weak point. >_>)

You shouldn't use kanji for numbers, "140" is actually correct. Kanji is usually only used for numbers in traditional vertical right-to-left reading format.

A better way to phrase the last sentence would be 今、140の漢字を知っています。

May 26, 2009 9:58 AM

hikky, would you just want to say something like 漢字が140字を知ってる or 漢字の140字を知ってる? I don't know if I've ever seen a number used with の to count things. And, I think 字 is the appropriate counter for characters. I could be dead wrong, though. But, I got this sentences from a Google search: 日本語は常用漢字が1945字あります…

I'm not really sure. ~

May 26, 2009 12:12 PM

I would just say
漢字は 140ぐらい覚えてます。

漢字の140 Just sounds wrong to me...It's not the meaning you want? in fact i don't even know what meaning you get from that..
Modified by midori-, May 26, 2009 12:29 PM

어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆

May 26, 2009 1:23 PM

I can't explain why の as a quantifier works, but it's a format I'm familiar with.

Now, it's unnatural to say how many kanji you know in the first place, but how I said it before is how I'd personally do it.

If you google, for example, "1000言葉" (In quotes), you will get a couple thousand results and they are mostly Chinese. If you google "1000の言葉" (In quotes), you'll get over 100k results. Or you could google "1000の*" and get other results such as "1000の物語" or "1000のバイオリン" Again, I can't tell you why, as I often can't, that's just what sounds right. "140漢字" probably stems from a literal translation of "140 kanji".

"日本語は常用漢字が1945字あります" is a different format; "____が[number]ある". I guess it's different in the sense that "I know 140 kanji" is not the same as "The kanji I know total 140".

@midori-, Note that I said 140の漢字 and not 漢字の140; very big difference there.

Maybe this is something to ask a native, because I don't want to pass my advice off as definite; I never hear people say "I know [quantifier] of [anything]", it just seems unnatural to begin with.
Modified by hikky, May 26, 2009 1:27 PM

May 26, 2009 3:16 PM

Well, I did some searching. Which, if I were smart, I would have checked this first, but check this out:

Yahoo! Japan 辞書 said:

4〔分量〕

・ ひと握りの砂
a handful of sand

・ 一瓶のワイン
a bottle of wine

・ 2足の靴
two pairs of shoes

・ 幅6メートルの道路
a road six meters wide

・ 5階建のビル
a building five stories high

This is pretty intense. ~ I mean, aside from this, I haven't found anything else on it. But, hikky is right in that it can be used like that. I'm just wowed by the fact that I could only find this one thing on it. By the way, the word 分量 means roughly "quantity" or "amount."

Maybe someone can write about it on lang-8 or something and get some confirmation here. I'm pretty satisfied with my find though.

I couldn't really give you an accurate description of what I think is happening here.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »