Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 23, 2012 12:09 AM

Aug 2011
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Tomodachi5 said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Felt like I was watching Master Chef or something lol. And I agree with everyone about this being the best school festival in any anime. Seriously, this is a school festival done right!

Man, Eru would make an amazing wife. Step up your game Oreki!

Also did anyone else notice Lelouch's VA? He was the guy that Satoshi was talking to early in the ep.

You mean the guy in the class room talking about the missing drink right?
Yea that guy.

I don't think it was Lelouch... or at least it didn't look enough like him.

He was talking about Lelouch's VA (Voice Actor) Not his actual looks

oh... I thought VA = Visual Appearance ... but that didn't really sound like him.... or maybe I'm used to him sounding more dramatic.
If you listen closely it sounds just like him. Mazui even said there were 2 top seiyuu guest appearances this ep :P

Still not sure who's the second one though.
it's obviously Gintoki's VA xD
Jul 23, 2012 12:15 AM

Aug 2010
Mayaka used the power of improvisation! Quite a sight to behold, this power enables you to make something out of nothing (the most famous dish made with this power is the noodle surprise: you prepare noodles, put them in a frying pan and be surprised by what else you found in your empty foodstores)

Eru cooking was too damn cute. So damn girly and moe, I'd marry her right away. Personally, right now I'd like to see a BEST WAIFU contest between Eru and Ui Hirasawa XD

That being said, this episode was damn amusing and I loved every second of it, even though nothing happened really

As for next episode... eru using coercion? Sorry, I can't see her being capable of it. I wanna know in what way she fails ^^
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 23, 2012 12:19 AM

Nov 2011
I feel more and more torn between Eru and Mayaka with each passing episode. Mayaka has been too adorable lately.

Something about this school festival arc as well... I've found it extremely entertaining.
Jul 23, 2012 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode.
Lol'd at Sirius' "Change Element". I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Aquarion reference.
Jul 23, 2012 1:04 AM
Sep 2011
I agree, I don't recall an anime that has pulled off a school festival episode as well as Hyouka.

And Chitanda is starting to take advice not only from Oreki but from Irisu as well? She will be an unstoppable force, now that she is following in the footsteps of the master of deduction and the expert of manipulation respectively.
Jul 23, 2012 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
Cute interaction between Irisu and Chitanda. We'll see how Chitanda applies what she's learned from Irisu next time. hehehe
I really enjoyed the cooking event. Made me almost forgot about the "missing items" case until the end there.
Jul 23, 2012 1:19 AM

Jun 2009
Probably the most fun school festival in an anime I've ever watched.

I haven't enjoyed a school festival portion of an anime as much as this one.
Jul 23, 2012 1:37 AM

May 2010
The cooking battle is entertaining enough !
Jul 23, 2012 1:39 AM

Feb 2010
great episode. Mayaka was awesome in cooking that dish with few ingredients left
Jul 23, 2012 2:48 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, all that exchanging from a pen to a pin to a gun to a pack of flour actually paid off at the end
Jul 23, 2012 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
This was actually really entertaining. Props to KyoAni for pulling off the school festival so well. <3

I'm a bit curious myself about what all those notes are about. Hopefully this goes back on track with more mysteries now that the festival is starting to wrap up.
Jul 23, 2012 3:20 AM
Jul 2010
Anybody notice the different art?
and,damn mayaka can draw so good,i'm lose -_-
Jul 23, 2012 3:27 AM
Aug 2011
I loved "Gintokis" I'm Curious

5/5 - Epic Cooking from Mayaka and especially the girl from the Astronomy Club. (The darkness envelops you)
Jul 23, 2012 3:40 AM

Apr 2008
I love when Chitanda was doing charades to peel the daikon. hahahahahah ~
Nekomimi~
Jul 23, 2012 4:21 AM

Jul 2012
Shall we play detectives?

Episode 12/13/14 clues:

1. Apple juice was stolen. Owner "hardly took a sip". (Seen by Oreki).
2. Wheel of fortune tarot card was stolen from the fortune telling class. A note was left saying that the item will be returned after the festival. A guide was also left open on its last page. Mazui's TL only says that the item was lost. Commie's TL implies that the Club was responsible for the lost item.. (Seen by Eru).
3. Stones were taken from the go club with a note "I've taken a few stones from the go club". (Seen by Satoshi)
4. A ladle was stolen, left with the note "The cooking society's ladle has been lost". - Similar to Commie's TL.

Ideas:
-The culprit wanted an open Apple juice rather than a fresh one...
-Oreki's sister was acting strange.
-Ibara somehow recieved 200 copies of the anthology, although she only ordered 30.

Anyone got a theory?
Jul 23, 2012 4:26 AM

Sep 2010
Nice cooking contest.... And holyshit Mayaka was fucking cute in this episode....

4/5
Jul 23, 2012 4:58 AM

Aug 2010
twonline said:
Nice cooking contest.... And holyshit Mayaka was fucking cute in this episode...
I kind of relate to that. Even though I hate short-haired characters, Mayaka was something else this episode.
Continuing the train of thoughts, yes, the culprit might be Oreki's sister.

And heck, I'm just a step before raising the score on Hyouka. These last episodes were quite entertaining and catchy really.
Jul 23, 2012 5:32 AM

Jun 2010
OH NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!
My first thought at the end of this episode. Yeah, those looked like some harmless pranks before, but now it's on!

And just so you know, Mayaka has been this cute since the very beginning, you're just slow to realize that.
Jul 23, 2012 5:41 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was so much fun
Cooking style a la "Mister Ajikko"
The announcer copying Chitanda's Catchphrase was a laugh
Looks like the thievery prank/mystery is unfolding soon
Jul 23, 2012 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
This is the best cultural festival EVER MADE in anime history
Jul 23, 2012 6:21 AM
Mar 2008
The school festival arc's been the best so far, because, well... there are no fucking lame mysteries.
Jul 23, 2012 6:35 AM

Jun 2007
I wonder what happened to the judge after tasting the food from Astronomy Club.. Sugita Tomokazu will always be the best.. "Watashi kininarimasu!"

I actually thought the whole trading stuff would helped them in the mystery.. Didn't expect them to use it for the cooking contest.. Oh well, at least it shows that "everyone did something", especially when I kept thinking how free Oreki is compared to the others..
Jul 23, 2012 7:13 AM
Jan 2011
Another filler :|. But it looks like next week everything will be back to normal...
Jul 23, 2012 7:22 AM

Jun 2010
chanotek said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Tomodachi5 said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
itsok2bu said:
Yvese said:
Loved this ep.

Felt like I was watching Master Chef or something lol. And I agree with everyone about this being the best school festival in any anime. Seriously, this is a school festival done right!

Man, Eru would make an amazing wife. Step up your game Oreki!

Also did anyone else notice Lelouch's VA? He was the guy that Satoshi was talking to early in the ep.

You mean the guy in the class room talking about the missing drink right?
Yea that guy.

I don't think it was Lelouch... or at least it didn't look enough like him.

He was talking about Lelouch's VA (Voice Actor) Not his actual looks

oh... I thought VA = Visual Appearance ... but that didn't really sound like him.... or maybe I'm used to him sounding more dramatic.
If you listen closely it sounds just like him. Mazui even said there were 2 top seiyuu guest appearances this ep :P

Still not sure who's the second one though.
it's obviously Gintoki's VA xD

First one was Fukuyama Jun, Second one that you're talking about was Sugita Tomokazu.
Jul 23, 2012 8:06 AM

Nov 2009
So much food... I'm hungry and i just ate.

I've always liked Mayaka. She's better than Eru, in terms of personality.
The most epic and enjoyable cooking contest i've seen. Oreki, can you get even more awesome? Damn you xD.
Jul 23, 2012 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
mijuku-nii said:
Another filler :|. But it looks like next week everything will be back to normal...

They're not fillers. They're leading up to something.
Jul 23, 2012 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
Turik o Turiito~~~
Jul 23, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2010
team mayaka <3
Jul 23, 2012 9:17 AM
Apr 2011
Good god. This episode was so good. The best one yet in my opinion. They should make this show more slice of life and less mystery. The characters are all awesome.
Also, Sugita Tomokazu. I immediately recognized his voice.
Jul 23, 2012 9:43 AM

May 2010
Nice episode, the girl from the manga club is king now so many Kof reference, and was wondering if that bag of flower was gonna come in to play somehow and for some reason Chi-chan cuteness was off the charts this episode i want her as my house wife damn she can cook, and so the trouble start for Oreki with Chi-chan power of expectation.
HydnlifeJul 23, 2012 9:50 AM
Jul 23, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
Dat animation!

I'm surprised no one didn't mention it.
Jul 23, 2012 10:28 AM

Jul 2010
Lynjan said:
mijuku-nii said:

They're not fillers. They're leading up to something.

Filler generally refers to stand-alone episodes that are anime only and outside of a story arc. These episodes all come from the third novel:
- Volume 3 The Kudryavka Sequence クドリャフカの順番 - Welcome to KANYA FESTA!

eworm said:
OH NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!
My first thought at the end of this episode. Yeah, those looked like some harmless pranks before, but now it's on!

And just so you know, Mayaka has been this cute since the very beginning, you're just slow to realize that.

I agree, it is just that Eru is sooooo much cuter! The moe in this show is so thick it practically oozes out of the screen! (I mean that in a good way!)

SephiriAzure said:
And Oreki saves the day. I really was expecting him to go and deliver the flour himself, but this was good too.

Really nice episode.

Oreki? Deliver the flour himself? Never happen! LOL! That would take way too much energy!
Jul 23, 2012 11:59 AM
Feb 2012
Wasn't the best episode out there since it lacked some Hyouka typical aspects (namely Oreki's wit) so it was mainly a nice little comedy to enjoy. The festival wasn't as good as I expected it to be but this might change depending on the Juumonji incident. We shall see. 4/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 23, 2012 12:18 PM

Mar 2011
So, who's Mayaka cosplay this week?
Jul 23, 2012 12:28 PM
Jan 2011
I hate Chitanda.
Jul 23, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
MVP: Mayaka
Backstage MVP: Houtarou

Great episode, I liked how even Houtarou was a part of the cooking contest in a way. What's up with him trading items every episode? xD

Speaking of items. The next episode will be about the missing items in every club. Chitanda's going to try out her new interrogation techniques it seems.

Jul 23, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2008
blazehero said:
Fell in love with Mayaka in this episode.
I hope Satoshi too :D
K4N3 said:
'Kageki ni fire!' - clear Macross/Basara reference? Or is it just me?
Thought the same :D
Jul 23, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
Nasty001 said:
I hate Chitanda.

I hate you. Come at me.

Zaraquiel99 said:
This is the best cultural festival EVER MADE in anime history

I agree!
Jul 23, 2012 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
Hyouka has really improved since the cultural festival started. Seeing each character in their own separate worlds last episode brought a whole new prespective to the show.

And in this episode seeing them all come together to accomplish something was very nice.

Dat character development.

Hyouka does slice of life much better than it does mystery. Although next episode's mystery that the past two episodes have been leading up to actually seems interesting.
[center]
Jul 23, 2012 4:50 PM

May 2012
Loved it, as always. Oh man, can't wait for an explanation of the Kanya Fair thief! Maybe they were the one that stole Mayaka's manga from her? Of course, if that was the case, they're probably part of the manga society along with her.

I never get sick of seeing the cosplays in that club. I find them very amusing.
Jul 23, 2012 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
lol'd at Oreki :D

It looks like Chitanda is finally going to use the skills Erisu-senpai taught her :D
Jul 23, 2012 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
so mush satoshi x mayaka AHHH I LOVED IT ASIJKLSAD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2012 7:14 PM
Jun 2012
Satoshi's cooking skills reminds me of my own: Able to make a decent meal, but not going to be efficient about it.

Also, the musical arrangements are approaching legendary levels.
Jul 23, 2012 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
Mayaka and Chitanda are so cute! And an amazing cultural festival too! Loving this anime more and more.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 23, 2012 7:57 PM
Mar 2012
wow, better than Hell's Kitchen. Reminds me of a chef episode where kids were in outdoor kitchens in Disneyland. The daikon peeling was epic!

Irisu n' Eru: is that a tug-of-war handshake? wa....? LOL
Mayaka: drawing, running, cooking, that's a lot of genki. Nice double bonnet hairstyle.
Eru: inu ability activated: super dog ears to sense lazy Hotaru
Oreki: shouting across a baseball field is a lot of energy for him. yep hard work.

Tonjiru 豚汁, pork miso soup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butajiru
Is like tonkatsu ramen w/o the noodles?

giseyaki 擬製豆腐(豆腐と野菜入り卵焼き): http://www.kikkoman.co.jp/homecook/search/recipe.php?numb=00000516
or geisei yaki (imitation food grilled/broiled/pan-fried)
The ingredients use hard tofu, so what's fake about it? Maybe if it uses imitation crab or rice flour then it makes sense.

kakiage a type of tempura 天麩羅: http://bebeloveokazu.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/kakiage-mixed-tempura-sauce/

imo-mochi ジャガ餅: http://makiucan.blog.com/2010/12/11/imo-mochipotato-mochi/
Fried rice cake using potato starch instead of rice.

hungry...
gophercgJul 23, 2012 8:25 PM
Jul 23, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
So in the ending... Chitanda is Sherlock Holmes, and Mayaka is Agatha Christie [still unsure if it's her, or one of her characters]

All the words in the background are books/short stories by Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie

And I'm guessing Mayaka was dressed up as Mabel West from the anime: "Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple"
FrostToasterJul 23, 2012 8:43 PM
Jul 23, 2012 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
Satoshi's smile at Mayaka <3

Loved the entire episode. I'd say this is one my favorite episodes that DON'T include mystery.

Hope next episode is as good, and if we're lucky, the mystery starts. (:
Jul 23, 2012 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
The hell is this? This episode was fucking stupid, a cooking competition really? What happen with this anime?
Jul 23, 2012 9:44 PM

Feb 2010
-khriz- said:
The hell is this? This episode was fucking stupid, a cooking competition really? What happen with this anime?

Yeah i really don't like this arc, so different from previous arcs.
Jul 23, 2012 10:15 PM

Apr 2012
-khriz- said:

Well they did mention they were going to do this last episode, and I think the purpose was to build suspense.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.