Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After some fun on the beach where Izo, Kirius and Array have their haunted house flop and the girls serve cool treats and play games we get to the vox experiment. It was what Lan was trying to accomplish, but since it puts so much stress on the mind it has a potentially dangerous side effect of living the person unstable. The experiment looks to create vox particles. Dizelmine believes they can use this to destroy planets, while Asteria thinks it can be used for good.

Therefore, they have Madoka try it. However, thinks like anger and other types of stress don't affect her. Asteria gets the idea to embarrass her by talking about how she is a virgin. This works and Madoka's vox particle levels start to rise as she starts thinking about her first time (whenever that may be). Of course, as predicted it starts going out of control and Madoka begins shooting out flowers and also creates a bunch of other machines. She meets the mysterious girl we saw in the first season but this time the girl is upset with Madoka. Madoka is able to shut down the reaction, but now Le Garite and De Metrio have seen everything. Also, we see the mysterious girl is actually with Dizelmine, but has a much more cheery disposition then when she was choking Madoka.

Lastly, we see the Muginami version of the ED. I wonder if they will release three songs for each version or if each girl's version will be a verse.
prismheartJul 22, 2012 8:24 AM
Jul 22, 2012 10:59 AM

May 2011
WOW this episode started slow, but BAMM! It sure did it get nuts near the end. It's hilarious that Asteria picked up on the Yuri vibes and then used dirty talk to elicit a heightened emotion out of Madoka. But, something that is lurking. The lady from the last time returned in a weird form and berated Madoka for awakening her.

what's worse it the lady looks like a La Granite ancestor. As she's the spitting image of the young princess of La Granite.

Essentially this episode says that Madoka is naive and dense to situations and emotions. But once she "gets it," she can go way overboard.
Jul 22, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode with some fun at the beach :)

Also lol'd @ Asteria. Priceless.
Jul 22, 2012 12:16 PM
Mar 2008
They also updated the OP.
Jul 22, 2012 1:22 PM

May 2011
oh Asteria, you're so sly there.
Jul 22, 2012 1:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
In short, everybody now knows this about Madoka - don't piss her off. ;)
Jul 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
Why we love Rinne no Lagrange and the Jersey club:

Jul 22, 2012 2:18 PM
Oct 2010
Madoka's power is over... ok, 2500, but I bet it will reach 9000 at this rate.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 22, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
Haha Asteria knows how to work Madoka.
Jul 22, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty meh episode; Mamiko Noto just like stood there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 2010
flustered madoka <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 23, 2012 2:12 AM

Oct 2011
That relax-o-vision :D
it reminded me of Nyamo's "special lesson" from AzuDai
Jul 23, 2012 3:23 AM

Apr 2011
Funny how that contraption on Madoka's head look and acts like bunny ears. So cute. XD
MagitoJul 23, 2012 3:28 AM
Jul 23, 2012 3:46 AM

Aug 2010
Magito said:
Funny how that contraption on Madoka's head look and acts like bunny ears. So cute. XD

Yeah, loved those mecha-bunnyears, too.
Also, madoka's reaction to what Asteria said... and Mugi & Lan's reaction as well.

I have a weakness to blushing girls, and this was waaaaaaaaaaaaay over 9000 in terms of moe-power
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 23, 2012 6:02 AM

Jul 2010
"What does that have to do with anything?!" - What a priceless reaction. Lan and Mugi's too. Shame is a great way to activate someones subconscious it seems.

Looks like all three sides will actually be reunited next episode. Looking forward to it.

Jul 23, 2012 6:05 AM
May 2012
What is goin on?! Dark Yurikano?!

God, my feelings is getting so intense.
Jul 23, 2012 6:48 AM

May 2010
Red in the face Madoka haham that why i love this show, the yuri factor is strong this season, being a dude the only line from a song that pop in to my head is "i kissed a girl and like it" and im ok with this.

Till next week.
Jul 23, 2012 8:15 AM

Jan 2012
Dirty talk power. Asteria knows how to experiment. Great episode again. Looking forward to next episode.

Jul 23, 2012 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
Seeing Madoka's reaction at the talk of Asteria i can only wonder what she was thinking even tho Asteria said she has a dirty mind when she realised what she was doing her response seemed pretty innocent.
The reactions of Muginami and Lan where also pretty funny.

It seems like Yurikano made a failsafe on Madoka's unit to prevent people from repeating her mistake and she was pretty serious about it.
Judging from the dark Yurikano we saw appearing before Madoka.
She also seemed of the impression that Madoka knew of her mistake in the past and that was before we saw the flashback of her destroying that satellite.
Maybe she thought Madoka was a soldier from her planet or that from Lan's and that it was mentioned in History lessons or something like that.

About the Yurikano on Lan's brothers ship it her voice was different from the one in Masoka's dream when she met her also her behaviour looked very childish.
Almost like she was a little girl.
Could she be a clone or maybe she has a serious case of amnesia?
Basically what i am wondering is where did she came from and is she the real Yurikano or as mentioned a clone?
Jul 23, 2012 9:37 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Many people said something along the lines of:
Asteria knows how to experiment.
Agreed Asteria knew how to get a reaction out of Madoka. The only problem is that it got The Wrong reaction.
It's the only thing that bothered me about the entire experiment from the start - they are trying to demonstrate that the VOX can be used for good, and yet they try to get a reaction out of Madoka using negative emotions like hate and anger?
Jul 23, 2012 10:04 AM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
Why we love Rinne no Lagrange and the Jersey club:

LMFAO

I love Madoka cause she is lovely but Asteria is amazing

Jul 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
Mediocre episode. Saying that, It did get a few laughs out of me!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 23, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
First of all F all of the episode till the end. That ending was just so amazing that it’s like what happened in the episode before did not matter. THIS IS INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! The revealings at the end despite being cluster infused propel Rinne into an amazing plot! That of reversing a MASS destruction means to end a mass disaster. This will truly be fascinating. I will therefore only address the end of this episode. First of all Yurikano in the following,

Along with the spoiler
I am still O_O WTF? I though she was dead! Dead totally! No way to survive. Must be a clone and fake. Yurikano was to be dead since S1. They said that did they not? Else how would she be able to be in soul form? By that I mean the WTF freak out of the spoiler
that thing! OMG! So hyper over it! It freaked me out. One does not need to go further than the spoiler
to see how much of a scare it was for me. Not to mention Madoka being choked there. Yurikano is still love, she has a nice body and breasts.

About Mass Planetary Destruction, look at nothing than the following,

If, if that happens to Earth! IT’S OVER! GAME OVER! Earth’s system along with Mass of humans will die. You can say being into the episode I kind got hearth palpitations at the excitement of Earth always being destroyed. Now Rinne has gotten my attention big time! Now you got loads of viewers watching this series with the spoiler
Clearly showing alien forces.

Here is my theory, according to the spoiler
We see a mass of life form that being spongy like and from it emerges Mechas that are Wrath infested. The Wrath is shown as the color red. It infested the mecha by being of a red color crystal. The GIF explains the rest that in fact they merge in a point and like a umbrella opening release a rain of Wrath that destroys half of the planet and leaves its core exposed leaving really a powerful missile to destroy it and the planet blows up. Certainly that is what happened with the last one. The Wrath and Mechas are from a different dimension that is personal the Aura itself. It really is a incarnation of Wrath that can summon it from another dimension. There is really no other explanation. I think I might be the closest here.

Regardless the last thing worth to mention is how genius was Astelia's teasing of Madoka with a list.
  • The first part in the spoiler
    took me by surprise of the whole are you a virgin question. What was nice is Astelia's smile of teasing there. Which also proves she is a pervert too that can tease.

• I did not get the crab part in the spoiler
    does the roasting show of a vagina being penetrated? Sounds very suggestive of intercourse in terms of reference.

• Finally the bee stuff in the spoiler
    is obvious of oral or sex itself. For sure that final one even made Madoka think of sex to make kids.
Well certainly Astelia with all that is a perverted loli that most likely would dominate you or tease you big time. Regardless that was a nice part before the insanity of the End.

In conclusion I am totally O_O at the revealing and hope a peace solution comes. KICK ASS END! Most surprising end of an episode so far TBH.

BTW Image Stitches and pic Dump are done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/07/image-stitches-of-rinne-no-lagrange-s2.html
Really nice ones of Aura! I am really impressed even as I did them. Some amazing art there.
Yumekichi11Jul 23, 2012 10:20 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
"whatever is going on in her head, it's R-rated; no one under 18 permitted bahahaha!!" lol

Madoka getting a lesson on the birds and the bees ;)
Jul 24, 2012 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
From how it started i wouldn't expect the episde would go in that direction. Actually expected a relaxing episode this time.
It's good to see more about Yurikano and information on Vox powers. All the talking about opening Rinne make me a bit annoyed as it's not explained yet. I can just guess it's the uppermost level of Vox or something like that, and Yurikano opening it destroyed Militia Zodia. Also it seems like she actually survived but her personality was damaged. Or maybe it's a clone-thing of Yurikano and the actual Yurikano apppeared to stop Madoka from opening Rinne again.
Looking forward to the conferention next episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 24, 2012 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Cratex said:
Many people said something along the lines of:
Asteria knows how to experiment.
Agreed Asteria knew how to get a reaction out of Madoka. The only problem is that it got The Wrong reaction.
It's the only thing that bothered me about the entire experiment from the start - they are trying to demonstrate that the VOX can be used for good, and yet they try to get a reaction out of Madoka using negative emotions like hate and anger?
It's hard to get positive emotions to extreme if you look at extreme happiness for example just how are you going to achieve that.
From that point of view it's allot more easy to get someone angry or even drive them to hate i have to say tho that embarrassment isn't really a negative emotion it's neutral in a way.
With many emotions if they end up to extremes you end up becoming angry take jealousy for example.
Embarrassment on the other hand can go multiple ways you can end up sad or angry or even laugh it of in the end.
Madoka appeared to be surprised and scared in the end.
Jul 24, 2012 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
Or maybe it's a clone-thing of Yurikano and the actual Yurikano apppeared to stop Madoka from opening Rinne again.
Glad you wrote that because that makes 2 of us who think it's something like that.

The other possible explanation is Bio-Telepathy but doing it from a human being? That strong? Something is up for sure.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2012 1:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
It's hard to get positive emotions to extreme if you look at extreme happiness for example just how are you going to achieve that.
From that point of view it's allot more easy to get someone angry or even drive them to hate i have to say tho that embarrassment isn't really a negative emotion it's neutral in a way.
With many emotions if they end up to extremes you end up becoming angry take jealousy for example.
Embarrassment on the other hand can go multiple ways you can end up sad or angry or even laugh it of in the end.

Hey, a half a bottle of scotch will make me very happy ;)
I understand what you're saying, but it seems an inherent contradiction to try to demonstrate that the vox can be use for good by invoking negative emotions.
Jul 24, 2012 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
Very interesting stuff happened in this episode (Asteria being sneaky aside). I agree with everyone who said that the current Yurikano is most likely a clone. That would explain the younger sounding voice and overall younger look (or maybe I'm just imagining things). That's also why I hope that's not the case because it's extremely predictable. Basically, that was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw her. Since there's even a reason for cloning her (they knew she was capable of destroying a planet, she could control Vox probably perfectly and she is loyal to Dizelmine, should Lan fail they could use the curret Yurikano for their purposes instead).

I'm just wondering if no one thought that the red thing we saw was just something Yurikano created as a safety measure. Considering that Madoka had kinda green light around her, and Yurikano red, it felt as if Yurikano's Vox colour was red. That could mean that what we saw was simply Yurikano trying to stop Madoka and it also made me wonder if it isn't similiar to NGE in mechas devouring souls (or maybe just some parts of consciousness). Also, they said the numbers were the same as when the Rinne happened. Maybe Rinne is activated by a lot of negative emotions. Voxes could be replying directly to their owners, something like: You're mad? You hate everything? So, I'm going to destroy it!
In that manner they could respond to positive AND neutral emotions (shame) but in a different way (Asteria seems way too sure they can be used for good). Yurikano saw only the ugly face of Voxes, so she might stop EVERYTHING that gets activated by those numbers from happening. It makes sense when you think about it and explains nealy everything. Ok, that's my theory. I look forward to finding out what's actually going on.
Jul 24, 2012 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
It really is fun with just 3 girls, isn't it?
Jul 25, 2012 2:04 AM
Jun 2009
Cratex said:
Aversa said:

I understand what you're saying, but it seems an inherent contradiction to try to demonstrate that the vox can be use for good by invoking negative emotions.

My guess is that she thought she could control the power levels or particles or something. so she was willing to use the negative emotions, which are easier to bring out at that level, in order to start up the process.
Jul 25, 2012 4:50 PM
Sep 2010
I bet asteria is a virgin to she looks like a little kid.

Episode 5/5
Jul 25, 2012 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
Awesome eppie, and it looks like things are going to continue to get more interesting...can't wait for the conference!
Jul 26, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2011
Things are really heating up in more ways then one. It was kinda strange to see Muginami more flushed than Lan. Interested to see where they take this Yurikano angle, she definitely seemed quite different to how she was in her initial appearance so i'm with the guys saying clone.
Jul 26, 2012 5:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soshintsu said:
Cratex said:
I don't think that she induced hate or anger - Madoka was just very ashamed and thus upset, but not really angry. And as Aversa already wrote, shame/embarrassment is pretty much neutral. At least one could argue indefinitely about it being more positive or more negative.

And I think Asteria deliberately chose shame as the most positive strong emotion they could easily induce. Inducing anger would've been even easier (like saying she's going to kill Lan or something similar), but she went for the more complicated thing. Granted she also enjoyed it a lot :-P but I think she's too smart to just do it for the lulz, plus she obviously thought pretty hard before doing it.
They started the experiment with those negative emotions. Asteria only switched to shame, and that had not been planned, when the negative emotions didn't work.
Jul 27, 2012 6:01 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soshintsu said:
Maybe that's the only thing they can induce artificially right now and they preferred to do it artificially so they would have precise control over the dosage
LOL - Spock would be proud ;)
Jul 29, 2012 10:19 PM

Dec 2010
lol. This is awesome. That Asteria has been such a teaser and is now a favorite character of mine.

So shame can cause Madoka to react this way and cause a bad effect with the mech? Those red things and girl was angry with Madoka. Maybe next time they'll try to make Madoka feel other emotions like love? Hehe, Muginami, Lan, and Asteria can help her with that!
Jul 30, 2012 1:19 AM

Apr 2010
Cratex said:
Aversa said:

I still have a bottle of Dalwhinnie 15 year old Single malt Scotch Whisky lying around and have been looking for someone to drink it with if your interested.
Still drinking and flying a Unit around usually isn't a good combination Madoka's age should not be a problem if she is 12 nautical miles of the coast she will be above international waters and there are countries that don't have a drinking age.
Still the only country i know of that doesn't look strictly at drinking behind the steering wheel is Russia where it's almost weird to not have a bottle of Vodka lying around in your car.

I agree with your point it's indeed strange for there assumption that negative emotions call forth a positive reaction it's almost like hitting someone in there face to make them happy.
Tho last season when Madoka created that green belt around Earth she was extremely sad and angry as well since her cousin/onee san was injured.
Jul 31, 2012 3:43 AM

Aug 2010
First half was pretty meh, but Asteria and Yurikano saved the day 4/5.
Aug 2, 2012 12:53 PM

Jan 2011
I like Total Eclipse better, but this episode made me really like this show again since the story is getting serious again. Next episode the brothers will probably argue but in the end they'll be 'friends' or something like that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 11, 2012 2:05 PM

Feb 2012
On the one hand I burst into laughter when Asteria got Madoka embarrassed, on the other hand I saw that crazy shit happening and two Yurikanos showed up. the dark one that warned/tried to kill Madoka and the other one.
Sep 6, 2012 7:18 PM

Apr 2008
Aww, wanted to hear what Asteria said, but oh well I have a dirty mind too, so I can of course imagine it XD

Muginami's ed version is the best, such a cute voice :D

Oct 25, 2012 7:22 AM

Apr 2012
All that danger just because Madoka got flustered? How stupid...

HawthorneKitty said:
Pretty meh episode; Mamiko Noto just like stood there.

Word. So disappointing.
Dec 29, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 2018

Yurikano is alive? Wait, is she dead or not? I don't understand. >__<
Sep 20, 2013 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
Madoka embarrassed... ha! Pretty freaky stuff goin' on.
Jun 17, 2014 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
"Is it fun with just three girls?" Asteria is so perceptive haha.

I hope Dizelmine didn't break Yurikano using their experiment. If that's even the real Yurikano :/ He's going to use the vox particles to destroy everyone who opposes him, not just Giuvi's planet. Jerk.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 27, 2015 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
Hoh Asteria you really are evil.
Jun 21, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
One of the best episodes so far!
Hope Modoka is okay

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

72 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 31, 2019 12:41 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

44 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 11:24 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

23 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 8:32 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

prismheart - Aug 26, 2012

34 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 7:49 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

42 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 7:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.