Forum Settings
Forums

To all the girls that watch anime do you get offended?

New
Jul 21, 2012 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
As an avid anime watcher I tend to watch a lot of shounen, Harem, and Ecchi series and I see a lot of girls with gigantic breast, Skimpy clothing, awkward scenes where the the guy walks in on girls changing, and panty/ass shots all over the place and as a guy I wonder does this offend the opposite sex at all?
Groovy_QJul 22, 2012 12:03 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2012 11:30 PM

Jun 2012
This topic is sure to go places.
Jul 21, 2012 11:37 PM

Jun 2012
Im sure they enjoy it as well, even though they wont admit it. Secret dirty pleasures.
Jul 21, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2012
I'm sure about 50% of the girls that watch anime don't look like...girls o.0
Jul 21, 2012 11:52 PM

Aug 2011
I'm sure no normal person gets offended over trivial things such as fanservice anyways.
Jul 22, 2012 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
I'm bisexual.
So....
No.
I highly enjoy it.
Anime figure reviews:
Jul 22, 2012 12:21 AM

May 2010
As a guy it bores me
Jul 22, 2012 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
As a guy, I love it.
Jul 22, 2012 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
It doesn't offend me but it does irritate me. I prefer my girls to be moe, not punching a guy for seeing her panties or walking around with F cup tits that bounce when a breeze blows by.
Jul 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Jul 2012
renders said:

It's shit like this though that's more offensive then fan service is.
Jul 22, 2012 1:02 AM

Sep 2009
"I'm sure about 50% of the girls that watch anime don't look like...girls o.0"
Was this comment designed to be intelligent?

But in response to the topic at hand, no, I don't get offended. I don't see why this would bother people. If you were to get offended at every instance of fanservice in anime then you might as well quit now while you're ahead.
Jul 22, 2012 1:15 AM

May 2009
I find girls with massive breasts offensive, or even disgusting in some cases.

But I'm a guy, so my opinion probably doesn't matter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 1:19 AM

Aug 2011
AO968 said:
I find girls with massive breasts offensive, or even disgusting in some cases.

But I'm a guy, so my opinion probably doesn't matter.

Yeah, massive breasts suck, need more DFC.

But I'm also a guy so my opinion doesn't matter in this thread.
Jul 22, 2012 1:57 AM

May 2010
Nope, I'm not offended, why should I? I just don't watch ecchi, when most of girls are kyonyuu (those VERY big breasted ones). But when girls are cute, or there are some loli, then I might watch it as well. I highly enjoyed Kiss x Sis for example.
One thing I may be offended about is how stupid some of protagonist are, they don't deserve most of those girls, seriously. Especially one from Kodomo no Jikan - GOD, I hated him. Since then I avoid anime with guys, who have glasses, lolz.
Jul 22, 2012 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
No, it doesn't bother me. I like ecchi.
Jul 22, 2012 3:05 AM

Aug 2011
Ruhenheim said:
I don't see why that's a reason to be offended, although I do find it to be ridiculous and stupid at times. But hey, I guess some guys are into massive breasts which are bigger than girls' heads, and the creators need to make money, so...

Obviously, I can't speak for all females, but I've gotten used to it because practically every anime has fanservice like that to some extent.

same.
Whenever there's a scene of the lead guy accidentally groping the breast of a female character, i will sigh and a few seconds later I will continue watching it.

Shoujo manga has fan service geared towards female and my reaction is the same.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jul 22, 2012 3:09 AM

Jul 2012
I'm a guy, but even I think that there is a limit to how much tits should be shoved at you.
Jul 22, 2012 4:10 AM

May 2010
I hate the giant boobs, they look so un-natural. To me, the female characters who have the most sex appeal that I like are ones with proportions that compliment their figures that give a more natural appearance, characters like Faye Valentine of Cowboy Bebop, Misato Katsuragi of Evangelion, and Aika Sumeragi of Agent Aika for example of are anime characters I don't mind seeing ecchi shots for.
kanon-chanJul 22, 2012 5:23 AM
Jul 22, 2012 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
renders said:

What does that even mean?

Im a guy so my opinion doesnt really count here but i dont mind a bit of fan service like occasional swimsuit scenes or whatever but more often than not they just go waaaay overboard and put in un-necessary fanservice and stupidly large boobs that just make the show weird/awkward (i think thats the right word xD) to watch i also dislike panty shots they make me cringe and are totally pointless xD
jimbob1141Jul 22, 2012 5:18 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jul 22, 2012 5:04 AM

Mar 2011
I'm a girl and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love those occasional fan services (such as swimsuits, showering, or onsen scenes) because I find many of the female characters in such scenes pretty attractive.

As for giant tits on screen, they don't appeal to me all that much but I wouldn't be offended when watching them. I just find them very funny.

But panty shots are just plain pointless.
Jul 22, 2012 5:06 AM

Jul 2012
I don't really care I just try to ignore it. Anime is about plot for me not fanservice. But when it's just plain stupid I do get really annoyed.
Saving up money for Cosplay.~
Jul 22, 2012 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Unrealistically large boobs don't offend me, they just look stupid.
Jul 22, 2012 6:24 AM
Jul 2012
Not everyone can have tinny breats, in anime or in our world. :D
Tsunade, Arachne and Matsumoto rule!!! :D
TsukikoMoriJul 23, 2012 2:31 AM
Jul 22, 2012 6:30 AM

Jul 2012
I'm a guy and meh...it's fine but gets pretty boring,not really a big fan of ecchi.
Jul 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
Unless they are fujoshi or something, I don't women should get offended with ecchi shows. Take Yosuga no Sora for example, while its sex scenes can be little explicit even in ecchi standards, they are no different from erotic novels which made by and for women.
---
Jul 22, 2012 7:03 AM

Jan 2012
^Ironically I met more yuri fangirls than their male counterparts. However this can be explained that most of the yuri fangirls prefer the romance rather than the sexy parts.

For example Yuri Hime magazine is more marketed for female readers but when more men are reading it the made a special issue "Yuri Hime Wildrose" which focused more on sex scenes than the romance.
---
Jul 22, 2012 7:59 AM

Jun 2010
noyoureinsane said:
renders said:

I agree. The fuck man?

The more a show resorts to fan service, the quicker you know, that they know, that their plot isn't all that great.
Jul 22, 2012 8:06 AM

Sep 2007
renders said:

Man. You're so right. I am the biggest and strongest of men. My balls are so big, they had to put them on my chest. Don't be jealous of me bro.

My epic manliness aside, no I don't get offended. I think there was only one show that really creeped me out. It had the usual sex-crazed men that kept trying to get the women naked, etc. But the humor fell really, really flat so instead of being funny I was just convinced that I was going to see my first animated rape and it disturbed me. Other than that I just laugh at anime girls with ginormous melons. They must have the worst back problems and, eventually, the sag will be incredible.
Jul 22, 2012 8:37 AM

Feb 2008
Hitchens said:
The more a show resorts to fan service, the quicker you know, that they know, that their plot isn't all that great.
And this annoys me much more than any stereotypical portrayals of my gender does.
Jul 22, 2012 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
itsvero said:
I'm sure no normal person gets offended over trivial things such as fanservice anyways.
You'd be surprised.
Jul 22, 2012 8:47 AM

Apr 2012
Well, extremely huge breasts are disgusting and harem anime with all girls doing everything for one guy is kinda of annoying. But I don't mind watching them at all.
Jul 22, 2012 8:51 AM

Jun 2012
No, it doesn't offend me. I find it rather over the top and pointless at times but other than that it doesn't bother me.
Jul 22, 2012 9:00 AM
Sep 2011
Some fanservice is okay, I usually just sit through it. Whatever. Having big breasts is completely fine too, there's nothing inherently bad about that. But when the show is literally rampant with fanservice, to the point where character/their plot is sacrificed for a barrage of panty shots or you literally cant go a minute without some instance of it, yeah, I get annoyed and turn it off. Constant sexual objectification of women is something that I, as a lady, am bothered by - surprise, surprise.
toasterfaceJul 22, 2012 9:06 AM
Jul 22, 2012 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
i'm a chick and it doesn't really bother me, but the animes i gravitate towards don't don't go there in general. i don't know if thats a coincidence or a matter of taste or what
Jul 22, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2011
Not really. I don't like fanservice very much, but I wouldn't say I get offended by seeing it in anime. There are times when I see useless crotch or panty shots, and huge boobs that jiggle all the time is unnecessary, but it doesn't bother me as much as I use to think.

Jul 22, 2012 9:10 AM

Jan 2010
I usually don't get offended, but just annoyed depending on the anime. A bit of fan service I do enjoy (bi here), but like some people mentioned here, I get really annoyed when fanservice is the only thing the anime provides, especially when a decent plot and characterization is sacrificed in order to provide more sexual innuendos and situations.
Jul 22, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
If it's partnered with;
a lack of personality + lack of general plot + token love interest
then it may earn rolled eyes.

Jul 22, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2012
No, I'm not that sensitive.

That being said, I still hate ecchi because they tend to replace story woth boobs. I don't mind the boobs, but what's the point of watching a show with a crappy story?
Jul 22, 2012 11:47 AM
Jun 2012
I'm a girl, and ecchi doesn't offend me at all. I can tolerate it. And in some rare cases, enjoy it.
Jul 22, 2012 1:09 PM
Jun 2011
No because the girls aren't real simply put the animated ones are nicer to ogle anyway.

[Girl Representative]
Jul 22, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
noyoureinsane said:
renders said:

I agree.

I'm bi so that sort of stuff doesn't really bother me.....No the stuff that gets annoying is when a male character goes crazy and wanting to grab and touch everything in sight....Like the case of that new anime this season "Something H game"? I think It's called. I find the male protagonist very annoying when he's looking at the other girls in the series when his thoughts should be fixated on the redhead.

Also for some reason.....I'm not really sure why but.....I dislike having female leads....For me, an anime's appeal rating drops pretty hard when there is a female lead and not a male lead....Iunno, it just makes me not have the incentive to watch.
Jul 22, 2012 2:32 PM

Apr 2010
Do guys gets offended from the stereotypes and tropes portrayed in reverse harems and romantic comedies?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jul 22, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
I'm a guy and this thread has made me chuckle a little bit...no, not at the process of insulting women, just some of the responses. Pretty funny responses.

I do think big breasted women (at least the ones that are so far out of proportion) in anime are pretty unnecessary. I don't particularly enjoy it most of the time.
Jul 22, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
It didn't seem to offend my girlfriend, I showed her the ginormous boobs in Highschool DxD and she just laughed. Ahah x)
Jul 22, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
Ozland said:
It didn't seem to offend my girlfriend, I showed her the ginormous boobs in Highschool DxD and she just laughed. Ahah x)

Hey now, Highschool DxD is pretty acceptable. Mostly because Rias is awesome, and the main character....While he is a perv....He knows where his loyalties lie.
Jul 22, 2012 3:13 PM

Oct 2008
Ruhenheim said:
I don't see why that's a reason to be offended, although I do find it to be ridiculous and stupid at times. But hey, I guess some guys are into massive breasts which are bigger than girls' heads, and the creators need to make money, so...

Obviously, I can't speak for all females, but I've gotten used to it because practically every anime has fanservice like that to some extent.

Pretty much this.

If the show is nothing but fanservice and no real plot to speak of then I just drop it and move onto something better.
Jul 22, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
clow_card said:
Ruhenheim said:

Pretty much this.

If the show is nothing but fanservice and no real plot to speak of then I just drop it and move onto something better.

Though to be perfectly honest i haven't seen a show that did that in a long time o.O....
Jul 22, 2012 3:46 PM
Oct 2010
I don't usually watch ecchi but there are some good animes, but still i don't like much that women have such huge breasts but that only my opinion. X)
Jul 22, 2012 3:49 PM

Aug 2011
Is it wrong that I get annoyed by an overabundance of massive breasts and moeeee~ as a guy?

I am straight.
Jul 22, 2012 4:00 PM

Jan 2012
No, it's sometimes funny, sometimes annoying, but I'm open to everything so it's alright.
I just find it funny because I don't know anyone who actually acts like that, but most girls and guys I know don't like big breasts, no idea why Japan is so infatuated with them either.

But you sorta get used to it P:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

35 by Lucifrost »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

85 by Satyr_icon »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

44 by Kruszer »»
18 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

94 by phantomic109 »»
20 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

121 by FFandMMfan »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.