Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2008 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
Can you really tell why you like lolis that much and if you dont why you hate them?
volcano00Oct 8, 2008 8:04 AM

volcano00
personal lolicon goddess¡¡
http://www.sambakza.net/peom/tteotta_eng.htm
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2008 10:57 AM

May 2008
I think neotenous features in human beings are attractive.
It has nothing really to do with age or maturity.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 6, 2008 11:05 AM

May 2007
Cutest character archetype in anime. Not sure how - never put much thought about it - but before I know it, my top favorite characters are lolis.
Oct 6, 2008 11:10 AM

Sep 2008
I like cute, little girls tend to be more cute, and if older anime characters are drawn cute they often appear more loli-like any-way. I'd say cute is in a sense an aspect of loli. I wouldn't call Lain a loli even though she's young, just as with Cibo in her child form. Though Lain is one of my favourite characters.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
I say, I love lolis cause they tend to be more expressive than accurate anime archetypes that are very frecuently in anime nowdays plus the lolis have a pretty smile

volcano00
Oct 6, 2008 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
I know this is implied in the other post but I really want to know whom can hate a loli and more important than that WHY

:3 -@.@-

volcano00
Oct 6, 2008 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Because I'm not a pedo.

Sam is my sweet peach
Oct 6, 2008 11:36 AM

Sep 2008
PanCake Ass+ raisin sized tits = loli

Um ye...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Oct 6, 2008 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
volcano00 said:
I say, I love lolis cause they tend to be more expressive than accurate anime archetypes that are very frecuently in anime nowdays plus the lolis have a pretty smile
Oh just admit you're just a pædophile afraid of jail.

Like we all are.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
More the cuteness factor than anything...

of course if you don't have a younger female sibling/cousin IRL the <3 loli feeling gets stronger...loli-complex?

I won't go into that...;P
Oct 6, 2008 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
Paranoia and fear you'll get partyv&

And weird looks from people around you... but applies to most people here doesnt it?

DOESN'T IT?
Oct 6, 2008 11:51 AM

Sep 2008
Hey, incest's hot too.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
just keep replying

volcano00
Oct 6, 2008 12:00 PM

Sep 2008
TheWestExit said:
Because I'm not a pedo.
Guess it explains your hatred for women too.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
Ooooh I know. It's a natural desire to obtain the youngest, most fertile mating partners to increase the chances of spreading your genes.

There you go. Valid biological reason... now go forth and multiply. >:)
Oct 6, 2008 12:20 PM

Dec 2007
volcano00 said:
Can you really tell why you like lolis that much and if you dont why you hate them?

Having an avatar like that and asking such a question... It's kinda weird, you should know why loli's are loved :3
Oct 6, 2008 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Lucky Star is overrated.

Nordvargr / Drakh owns it.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
Because they are so damn funny! Most Loli-type characters really crack me up...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 6, 2008 12:43 PM

Sep 2008
Smasher said:
Because they are so damn funny! Most Loli-type characters really crack me up...
Do you read playboy for the articles?
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
I have a dozen younger female cousins that I've always played with and took care of throughout the years... so with that in mind...

I can't really say I'm attracted to loli types in a sexual manner, but instead I get a similar feeling of older brother/father complex where I want to protect them and/or beat the hell out of anyone who messes with them.
Oct 6, 2008 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
My ex was a loli. I - naturally - met her on-line, she was very paranoid and only after it was too late she was willing to tell me that she was a girl, actually lived extremely close, her name, oh, and also that she was twelve. =P I was seventeen at that time and she was really afraid that I would mind.

What disturbed her more is that I began to see her in some sorts of a little sister though...

after that I got some-what involved with my actual sister.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 1:04 PM

Apr 2007
I think loli's are annoying. They whine and bitch too much. I'm more into shota though.

Oct 6, 2008 1:05 PM

Apr 2007
I posted on the other thread! Merge topics to love/hate please admins! D:

Oct 6, 2008 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
I like more psychological animes, which usually don't have lolis. The plots with lolis are always boring, imo. Iunno, just a few of my reasons. =/
Oct 6, 2008 1:12 PM

Dec 2007
khorven said:

Wait... what?
Oct 6, 2008 1:13 PM
Oct 2007
PandaPuff said:
I think loli's are annoying. They whine and bitch too much.

Wow just like the one above you, khorven.
Oct 6, 2008 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Chavez said:
khorven said:

Wait... what?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did a double take here.
Oct 6, 2008 1:18 PM
Jun 2008
TheWestExit said:
Because I'm not a pedo.

I lol'd.
-Ahem- I just don't watch many series involving lolis.

Oct 6, 2008 1:25 PM

Sep 2008
Vagabond said:
Chavez said:
khorven said:

Wait... what?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did a double take here.
Lolis are okay but sisters aren't? Come one, be a little more Japanese here.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 1:30 PM

Sep 2008
Drybananna said:
I like more psychological animes, which usually don't have lolis. The plots with lolis are always boring, imo. Iunno, just a few of my reasons. =/
That's like hating the Mona Lisa because it doesn't taste like ketchup.

Loli is not for plot.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
Drybananna said:
I like more psychological animes, which usually don't have lolis.

false

Oct 6, 2008 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
Frequencity said:
Drybananna said:

false
Duhh, anime without loli, get 2008.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Frequencity said:
Drybananna said:

false

Well, the psychological ones I watch, definitely don't.
Oct 6, 2008 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

Wtf what kind of a bullsh*t analogy is that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Oct 6, 2008 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

It means hating some-thing for some-thing it doesn't aim to be nor would it derive any quality from it.

Loli is fanservice and not for plot. Mona Lisa is to look at, not to eat.

Oh, thanks again for showing how man in general doesn't understand the difference between not knowing why and knowing why not. If you can't find the logic doesn't mean it's not there. If you can find the logical fallacy, that's some-thing differen.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
1. Hate for children. They're annoying, they make noise, they make messes. This is somewhat alleviated by the romanticism in fiction. As always.
2. Distaste or disgust at sexual depiction of minors. Consider your society and social conditioning...
3. They hate everything.
4. They feel guilt, in accordance with number 2, for their arousal at the provocative nature of most loli in anime. (Inherent by some definitions of the word loli that is supported by wikipedia but not amongst the demographic of MAL, for some reason... Or perhaps ex-demographic, I'm out of touch with MAL's community...)

I, personally, am indifferent to lolis. (Going by the definition of, simply, female children or a female with the appearance of a child.).
For instance, I love Aruruu... her shyness is just amazingly cute, I want to take her home...
I strongly dislike louise... guess why.

As for lolis in the other sense, I'm indifferent. I've done a lot of study since coming across this debacle on MAL a long time ago, and can come up with no conclusive significant support for either side.

Shameless Plug:
Oct 6, 2008 2:33 PM

Sep 2008
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

It means hating some-thing for some-thing it doesn't aim to be nor would it derive any quality from it.

Oh, thanks again for showing how man in general doesn't understand the difference between not knowing why and knowing why not. If you can't find the logic doesn't mean it's not there. If you can find the logical fallacy, that's some-thing differen.

Your post is like my sh*t in a toliet I try not to look at it.

Oct 6, 2008 2:36 PM

Mar 2005
oh god not this shit again
Oct 6, 2008 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

You mean it contains all you can't digest.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:39 PM

Mar 2005
can someone explain to me why there are two topics for this?
Oct 6, 2008 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

That's like hating the sky cause it's not red.
Oct 6, 2008 2:45 PM

Sep 2008
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
NewTypeX said:
khorven said:
Drybananna said:

Loli is not for plot.

That's like hating the sky cause it's not red.
You don't intend to digest posts? now that explains quite a few gaps.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
There aren't, the first is why hate, the second is why love.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 2:51 PM

Sep 2008

I'm abit of a nostalgic so I'm going to a couple minutes into the past. Dude, your analogy wasn't even that hard to understand, it was just plain stupid. You were trying to get some meaning ( and probably sound smug) out of something completely ret@rded.
NewTypeXOct 6, 2008 2:55 PM
Oct 6, 2008 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
I love watching debates that are so one sided that the losing party doesn't even understand the other.
Oct 6, 2008 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
I think someone is playing god with this thread.
Oct 6, 2008 3:03 PM

Feb 2005
THIS THREAD IS ON FIIIIIRRRREEEE!! HAHAHAHAAA!!
>_>
<_<
Ahem.
No I don't hate the Lolies. As asandari, I am rather indifferent to them as a species. Some Lolies are adorable and begs to be taken home, others are obnoxious and annoying. Hate for me depends on the character type, not the design, I can't stomach the typical moeblob loli for example. Girlycard/lolicard on the other hand, is as awesome as his other forms.

khorven said:
Lolis are okay but sisters aren't? Come one, be a little more Japanese here.

Siscon is a common and socially acceptable fetish isn't it?
No, wait, that's anime, this is reality, that's anime, this is reality...
Good luck with that anyway XD
Oct 6, 2008 3:33 PM

May 2007
kei-clone said:
oh god not this shit again

we like to keep you on your toes :D

...actually, I'd just as soon set this topic on fire. Maybe MAL should have a list of banned topics XD
Oct 6, 2008 4:21 PM

Mar 2007
There really is no need to make two threads that are so close to eachother. I'm sure you could've thought of this yourself......... >.>

sooo... threads merged and thread name changed.

Let me add a bit of a warning; the past has learned us that lolis threads is one of the "dangerous topics" on MAL. Dangerous posts (insulting and flaming) will be deleted and if it gets out of hand, this threads WILL be locked.

So play nice and have fun~ ^_^
Oct 6, 2008 4:35 PM
Aug 2008
Vagabond said:
I have a dozen younger female cousins that I've always played with and took care of throughout the years... so with that in mind...

I can't really say I'm attracted to loli types in a sexual manner, but instead I get a similar feeling of older brother/father complex where I want to protect them and/or beat the hell out of anyone who messes with them.

Humans *do* have a tendency to seek sex with apparently healthy, successful partners. Many of our instincts about beauty have to do with sexual estimation.

However, humans also have instincts for cooperative hunting, communication, altruism, and gregariousness. The "big brother" thing is this kind of instinct. It's not limited to men--- old and middle-aged Japanese women buy huge quantities of "Hello Kitty" merchandise, largely out of an instinct to cuddle and protect the seemingly helpless, infantile kitty.

Heck, it's not limited to humans. Wolves will kidnap human children because they smell like wolf pups. It's not uncommon for lactating females of one species to suckle infants of another, e.g. a lactating dog will suckle piglets.

Further, humans have a strong tendency toward abstract symbol-formation. Therefore lolis are a symbol, meaning various things to various audiences.

I think that lolis primarily exist for the "older brother" complex -- people see lolis as requiring protection. However, a lot of people take lolis to symbolize various things.

Some lolis are undoubtedly designed for prurient marketing purposes, but I suspect most of them emerge because they're relatively easy to draw, and artists spend long, long hours practicing drawing.

Edit:
My pet theory of "Kyouran Kazoku Nikki" is that the writer is a woman who uses a loli heroine to symbolize girl-power, female empowerment, eternal youth, etc. It's easy enough to verify that the screen writer is a woman -- her authorial intentions are of course hard if not impossible to verify.
formosanOct 6, 2008 4:39 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.