Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2012 1:30 PM

Dec 2011
So, I watched the first season of this anime to the end, and honestly didn't like it

but many people said that this anime is really good. Maybe I didn't come to like it because till now there are many crucial information that I don't know

so let me ask some questions here :

1. There are non-human and half human or something, what is their origin?
2. Is the combat serious or not? Can't see anyone dying and the war strategy they adopted is somewhat ridiculous and incomprehensible
3. It seems everyone has unique ability of their own, where is this power comes from? If it can be reproduced why don't they arm every soldier with strongest ability there is?
4. There are guns, why would anybody use bow and arrow (or baseball)?
5. How did they create this parallel world? Why can't they recreate it?
6. There is eroge, not doujinshi, means there is a company producing it, also there's a need for console or PC required for running it, where is this machine and the company?
7. What logic is there that said by re-enacting history one would gain past glory? Trying to re-enact the past but in possession of flying fortress, magic, and eroge, i don't think it would work
8. How can they successfully re-enact history when most of the characters are nut jobs?
9. Why is Horizon so special that they made Taizai Busou out of her?

That's all for now, please enlighten the humble me
Jul 21, 2012 4:33 PM
Jul 2012
wuhugm said:
So, I watched the first season of this anime to the end, and honestly didn't like it

but many people said that this anime is really good. Maybe I didn't come to like it because till now there are many crucial information that I don't know

so let me ask some questions here :

1. There are non-human and half human or something, what is their origin?
2. Is the combat serious or not? Can't see anyone dying and the war strategy they adopted is somewhat ridiculous and incomprehensible
3. It seems everyone has unique ability of their own, where is this power comes from? If it can be reproduced why don't they arm every soldier with strongest ability there is?
4. There are guns, why would anybody use bow and arrow (or baseball)?
5. How did they create this parallel world? Why can't they recreate it?
6. There is eroge, not doujinshi, means there is a company producing it, also there's a need for console or PC required for running it, where is this machine and the company?
7. What logic is there that said by re-enacting history one would gain past glory? Trying to re-enact the past but in possession of flying fortress, magic, and eroge, i don't think it would work
8. How can they successfully re-enact history when most of the characters are nut jobs?
9. Why is Horizon so special that they made Taizai Busou out of her?

That's all for now, please enlighten the humble me

Oh yeah the anime is reallly good, managed to fit sci-fi, politics, history, military, comedy and many more aspects.

It kinda silly at first but this is one of the rare anime that managed to sway my emotions so many times. From the first season, I got really good laughs, got pumped up for war, and got down when those musashi kids were losing. When something WTF draws emotions from you, you have a winner there lol.

i'll try to answer most of your question.
1. AFAIK it has to do with the events of Owari no Chronicle. 60 years before World War II mankind discovered alternative dimensions, each of which housed their own special concepts and races. After a ‘concept war’ these dimensions were about to collapse and Owari no chronicle is about avoiding this collapse. At the end of the series they avoid it by combining all concepts to one dimension, ours (aka all races moved to the human dimension).
2. Serious. Some people must die in order to re-enact history correctly and don't forget the major battles in history will always have deaths.
3. Most of testament union factions draws power from the testament itself, where shinto followers draws power from offerings to their respected gods. Let's say those musashi kids are like officers and don't forget they will/already inherit important names from history.
4. Musashi is unarmed, the weapons are limited so yeah... bows and arrows for everyone!. Spanish baseball? treat them like grenadier unit and FYI Alcala de Henares Academy are famous for their "sports".
5. Devices were accidently destroyed when re-enacting Nanboku-chō period and then triggered testament union war with far east.
6. Never read the novels. Sorry, can't help you with this one.
7. The historical reenactments are more towards re-tracing their steps to figuring out how their ancestors 'Ascended into Heaven'.
8. First season is only a prologue. You'll see how they're going to re-enact Spanish Armada this season. and a lot of more if they're going to do season 3 (hopefully, please do it Sunrise).
9. We could ask lord Motonobu when he was still alive but...you know he got this "genesis project" going on but even tadakatsu didn't know about it.

You can also go to http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/ for horizon Q & A and infodumps.
Try http://goo.gl/j16HX and http://goo.gl/7cwpv for more in-depth details about season 1 episodes.
Jul 21, 2012 9:39 PM

Dec 2011
Okay, I got the gist of it, though i still don't get why "worlds" are so easily to collapse

and all races from all dimensions moved to human dimension? that would be a hella lot of creatures right? or the survivor only numbers to a hundred or so per race?

I think it would be accepted better by more people if only they didn't shove so many events and characters at once like season 1

I still continue to watch season 2, but i still feel ridiculous every now and then, because i don't have any idea how the battle will unfold

oh and everyone is more main character than Toori
Jul 21, 2012 11:45 PM
Jul 2012
wuhugm said:
Okay, I got the gist of it, though i still don't get why "worlds" are so easily to collapse

and all races from all dimensions moved to human dimension? that would be a hella lot of creatures right? or the survivor only numbers to a hundred or so per race?

I think it would be accepted better by more people if only they didn't shove so many events and characters at once like season 1

I still continue to watch season 2, but i still feel ridiculous every now and then, because i don't have any idea how the battle will unfold

oh and everyone is more main character than Toori

History reproduction proceeded smoothly until A.D. 1413, when the Nanboku-cho War was recreated in the Divine States. During this war, the Southern Court initiated a rebellion. They stormed the Imperial Castle and usurped the Divine Tools from the Emperor. Those three treasures controls the world's ether vein. As a result, the Harmonic Divine States in the Differing Space, which had its stability supported by the ether vein, collapsed. More than half of Harmonic Divine States was destroyed. The remnants of it became fused with the Divine States and overwrote most of it, creating Harmonic Territories. For more detailed info : http://genesis-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/World_History

Yeah, a lot of creatures. Weird ones too, like tentacles (LOL).
Nah i'd blame hadena subs for that mess. Events were fine, i mean it's not really hard to see happy days --> shit happened --> rally your troops --> rescue the princess route.

Don't worry, just read Spanish Armada history if you'd like some hints about future battles.

Yeah, he won't do much in this season. He's a good leader that just need to act stupid everyday (for offerings). tbh the real mc in this series is Masazumi lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl poll

Doc101 - Mar 12

4 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Mar 12, 10:55 PM

» Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon_SEASON 3 ??? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nova12 - Sep 22, 2012

167 by HuTaoSimp14 »»
Feb 20, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

71 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

55 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» After watching both season, I really like the power system, but should I continue watching manga?

aLotQuestion_ - May 10, 2021

1 by Zefyris »»
Jun 20, 2021 4:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.