Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Mar 8, 2018 6:05 AM

Sep 2017
Twenty minutes definitely wasn't enough to get attached to any of the characters, much less Sachi.
May 19, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2018
Just like many other said before me, one episode is clearly not enough to develop a character or for someone to get attached to him/her. The Black Cats were a waste of time. Other than Sachi, no other member really had a development and I don't even remember their names. When they died, I didn't cared at all.

Also, why must Kirito be so stupid? Of course the item couldn't work on Sachi, her brain fucking fried! It was obvious from the start..

The only moment that wasn't bad in the episode for me was the message from Sachi and her song. I still didn't cared about her but the reaction of Kirito made me feel something at least..
Jan 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Aug 2017
I think that this episode was decent. My only issue is the pacing.

Sachi's death was a bit sad.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 13, 2019 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was fine until the members of black cat started dying especially sachi whomed i felt no strong feels toward her departure out the series which led to kirito seeking out to revive her which later revealed that the endeavor through killing a Christmas event only boss was pointless because it only works on fallen party members for the first ten seconds, and sachis closing closing song failed to react any emotion out of me again.waste of time
Jul 14, 2019 2:29 PM

Jul 2019
This title seems not too bad at the first look, but then starts unrealistic (and therefore uninteresting) action mixed with too sentimental scenes in unwanted and wrong places.
I'm deeply sure, that MMORPG setting just can't bring some revelations. And this anime is amusement for unpretentious viewers, who are happy just to watch at familiar MMO world with easter eggs and references to their beloved games.
Drop.
Jun 13, 2020 1:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I genuinely didn't know this Anime was going to tackle themes like suicide and similar hardships. It's definitely darker than I thought it was going to be.
Aug 12, 2020 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
Me singing Bathory while Nickolas appears.
Kirito: Shut up.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Aug 12, 2020 7:50 PM

Jun 2020
good episode but it felt like they tried to squeeze like 2-3 episodes worth of content into this episode. it felt so rushed! to the point it also felt pointless - agree with everyone that it was just way too rushed to feel anything for sachi

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Aug 22, 2020 6:28 AM

Dec 2018
She fell on Kirito's lap faster than the time skips, ok.

I am indifferent in her dying, she cared more about Kirito than her own friends that were together from the beginning, be gone thot.

it's official now. If this was another show I would have dropped but because this is SAO, Imma enjoy the hate-watch.
Sep 5, 2020 6:59 PM
Nov 2016
so a thing i didnt understand about this episode is how did Sashi actually know she was gonna die before Christmas ? o know she had her own thoughts shed be dead someday but to know exactly when and leave Kirito a farewell message is kinda confusing, or does that message only trigger if she's dead ? it would be hella awkward if she hadnt died and that message actaully got triggered xd rewatching here and this show's a guilty pleasure
Mar 18, 2021 8:21 PM
Mar 2021
Well Kirito joins a guild in this episode... until they all die from stupidity. I actually kind of felt sad about Sachi since I liked her personality. Wish we got to see more of her. Also am I the only one who thinks Kirito is leveling up super fast. First two episodes were on floor one and now all of a sudden were near floor 30 and Kirito is nearly level 50. That's a really big jump for 1 episode.
Nov 3, 2021 6:44 PM
Feb 2016
I'm not going to lie, this episode annoyed the shit out of me. The first two were not great, or even good for that matter, but I could still somewhat stomach them. This one on the other hand... Jesus, where to begin.

First, you can't expect me to care about the death of a character that you just introduced, especially when all she did was being sad and useless. I don't care about her being cute. You can introduce 300 cute cannon fodder characters and kill them all in that same episode and I still won't care about them.

Second, why did Kirito give the revival item away? I get that he was disappointed about the 10 seconds rule because he couldn't use it on the girl, but didn't he think of saving it in case someone else dies in the future?? Am I missing something???? Seeing how easily death comes in this game, why would Kirito throw away such a deus ex machina revival item for no discernable reason?

And I'm not even going to talk about the incredibly rushed pace of this episode...

I gotta say, I always keep an open mind when watching something. Hell, I have no problem with ignoring minor flaws in anime, but this whole episode was a dumpster fire...

1/5
Nov 11, 2021 8:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I thought my ears were wrong. But really never expecting Saori to attend this series in a quite quick tap. So, damn. The title also her hums. So, double damn.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2021 2:09 PM

Jul 2017
This episode felt way too abrupt and thrown together, completely abandoning the cliffhanger from the previous episode for something completely different and off, and there was no time to explore the characters and their bonds and feelings, so Sachi's death didn't do anything here. Even the abrupt timeskip was a bad choice to compress this arc even further. This whole anime's been really off with timing and pacing issues which surprised me since while I wanted SAO's arc itself to go 25 episodes with no sequels rather than have this portion only go for one half, I didn't realize how many writing issues were present in just 3 episodes so far. It's a real mess.
Dec 23, 2021 10:20 PM
Sep 2020
Yayy I'm finally resuming this after nearly 3 years (:

Dk if it was just me but the translations were a bit choppy and the ep kinda felt rushed. Aside from that I hope the mc learns to work with others bc it can always be useful to have trustworthy companions. Overall, I enjoyed the ep (o๏ฝฅω๏ฝฅo)
Dec 31, 2021 6:01 PM

Apr 2020
Damn what a quick end to Sachi, Tetsuo, and the Black Cats. It's not entirely the fault of Kirito, but their shortcomings was to no avail an easy killing for the monsters. And it looks like the revival item is useless since they're dead for months now.

Well Kirito is getting depressed more and more as the months go by. I hope Klein could understand Kirito's sorrows more. And shouldn't be about time that Asuna appears again?
Jan 21, 2022 9:00 PM

Aug 2018
Im glad they died. Never really liled them, and imagine commining suicide... that guy is stupid af.

The time skips though...

May 25, 2022 1:58 PM

May 2022
Erik98 said:
I'm not going to lie, this episode annoyed the shit out of me. The first two were not great, or even good for that matter, but I could still somewhat stomach them. This one on the other hand... Jesus, where to begin.

First, you can't expect me to care about the death of a character that you just introduced, especially when all she did was being sad and useless. I don't care about her being cute. You can introduce 300 cute cannon fodder characters and kill them all in that same episode and I still won't care about them.

Second, why did Kirito give the revival item away? I get that he was disappointed about the 10 seconds rule because he couldn't use it on the girl, but didn't he think of saving it in case someone else dies in the future?? Am I missing something???? Seeing how easily death comes in this game, why would Kirito throw away such a deus ex machina revival item for no discernable reason?

And I'm not even going to talk about the incredibly rushed pace of this episode...

I gotta say, I always keep an open mind when watching something. Hell, I have no problem with ignoring minor flaws in anime, but this whole episode was a dumpster fire...

1/5

Do you know how to pay attention? Sachi was afraid of dying, and Kirito had to help make her feel comfortable. Did you read the synopsis? Nothing is wrong with the pacing of this episode, it was just fine.
May 25, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2022
Numens said:
Twenty minutes definitely wasn't enough to get attached to any of the characters, much less Sachi.

Maybe you should pay attention to the episode. There were moments that showed the guild happily getting along with each other, but the unfortunate events that preceded really impacted Kirito. It made me very sad and emotional. There is no way you can say that you didn't feel attached to any of the characters.
May 25, 2022 2:02 PM

May 2022
hachiclo said:
good episode but it felt like they tried to squeeze like 2-3 episodes worth of content into this episode. it felt so rushed! to the point it also felt pointless - agree with everyone that it was just way too rushed to feel anything for sachi

It wasn't even rushed and I felt for Sachi, it was very emotional. Even Kirito was reflecting on how the guild was getting along happily until he felt despair when the guild died. Just pay attention.
May 25, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2022
animejas said:
This episode felt way too abrupt and thrown together, completely abandoning the cliffhanger from the previous episode for something completely different and off, and there was no time to explore the characters and their bonds and feelings, so Sachi's death didn't do anything here. Even the abrupt timeskip was a bad choice to compress this arc even further. This whole anime's been really off with timing and pacing issues which surprised me since while I wanted SAO's arc itself to go 25 episodes with no sequels rather than have this portion only go for one half, I didn't realize how many writing issues were present in just 3 episodes so far. It's a real mess.

It isn't a mess, all you have to do was pay attention to the episode. There is plenty of character development and good pacing. Also, you can read the light novels because they go further in depth if you want to dive deeper. Lots of people love this episode, plus Sachi's death greatly affected Kirito and it touched many people's emotions, including me.
May 26, 2022 1:35 AM

Jun 2020
AwesomeAli2832 said:
hachiclo said:

It wasn't even rushed and I felt for Sachi, it was very emotional. Even Kirito was reflecting on how the guild was getting along happily until he felt despair when the guild died. Just pay attention.

ok bro, that's subjective, you felt emotional and i didn't, 2 years later, i don't even rmb who sachi is so maybe don't @ me, thanks. you asking others to PAY ATTENTION like years later when they probably alr finished watching it isn't really helping your case. you know it's fine to leave a reply on this episode w/o coming for others' opinion right. jesus.

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Aug 7, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
Power levelling to get an item that is pretty much useless. Feels bad for me boii Kirito on this one.

Trying to shoulder the blame for your comrades' death from a hidden door trap, isn't something you should do. Sachi, tho, was psychic in the situation and prepared a death speech, to smooth some of that blame off of Kirito's shoulders.

'Use within 10 secs', huh. I suppose the heart slowly loses function when you die in the game, which gives the item that time window. The item itself must go for a lot, given it's probably the only revival item around.

Aug 9, 2022 5:06 AM
Aug 2022
this anime is a master class
Aug 11, 2022 8:19 PM

May 2022
I don't even get how some people even hate the Moonlit Black Cats, and its honestly pretty sad. This episode was very emotional and something is wrong with those who actually hate this episode. I cried when Sachi and the rest of the party got killed by the dungeon trap, and even when Kirito was crying himself. This marks the beginning of his trauma as he feels very upset and guilty, and he never wants to make that same mistake again, hiding his power level. Kirito even cared for Sachi, trying to reconciliate her, and he was happy when he saw the guild playing around happily in the beginning. it's a very significant episode.
Aug 13, 2022 4:59 AM
Aug 2022
2345677897874ez
Sep 3, 2022 11:46 PM
Sep 2022
Really good, wish our homies would stop dying every episode though. Also wish could see the fight with drunk santa
Sep 11, 2022 3:44 AM
Sep 2022
One girl said she doesn't want to die and she was so so afraid of dying and she was soo cute. And guess what: She died. Instantly closed my Netflix tab and disliked she series.
Oct 10, 2022 1:02 PM

Mar 2019
Well that's what rushing does for an anime only. This felt so random, lol. Sachi was cute I guess, but other than that it's like the last 2 episode never existed.
Alex_TheForestOct 10, 2022 1:05 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 19, 2022 5:32 AM
Oct 2022
it was fine, but the pacing seems a bit off for me
Nov 19, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 2021
why, just why ma pis pe el anime fmm
Jan 21, 2023 8:32 PM
Jan 2023
That stupid song sucked so bad broo
Jan 30, 2023 5:51 AM
Jan 2023
Damn, wasn't quite expecting them to kill off new characters so quickly...
That ending though, it's as if Sachi was psychic
Feb 20, 2023 7:22 PM
Feb 2023
I thought this was a pretty heartfelt episode.
Jul 13, 2023 11:21 AM

Aug 2019
but howd sachi time that gift cant say i know anygame where you can put gifts on a timer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2023 3:31 PM

Jan 2022
Why did Kirito join a guild?? Especially full of people who don't really seem game smart. He should've teamed up with Asuna and the other tall black guy. Crazy that Sachi wants to end it all. Why did Kirito give his first friend a cold shoulder? Then everyone just dies lol so what's his plan? To kill everyone?
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 25, 2023 8:54 PM
Aug 2023
I will never listen to Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer the same way ever again.
Aug 27, 2023 6:46 AM

Oct 2020
HiljainenSipuli said:
but howd sachi time that gift cant say i know anygame where you can put gifts on a timer

U can send texts on timer, so why can't u send gifts on timer?? Btw, is anything shown in SAO ha really happened? It's a future tech bro,....... anything but sending gifts in timer would be a pretty normal update then...... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Sep 16, 2023 2:52 PM
Apr 2021
very emotional episode, wish they didnt kill off sachi like that ;(
Sep 16, 2023 3:18 PM

Mar 2015
What a great ep! Love early SAO
Dec 15, 2023 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Everything - Wow, I have no words to describe this episode, just wow.

Beginning - It was very satisfying to see Kirito joining a guild, even though these new people were introduced very quickly, I was able to grow a little fond of them, especially Sachi and Keita. Sachi's way of being shy and in fact a real person who has been introduced to a hostile world reflects some of the people in our reality. Keita, on the other hand, is someone with ideas and the will to make the world a better place. In addition to his enviable speeches, he is a character who seems to have an interesting future in the plot.

Middle - Once again, it's incredible how they're introducing us to interesting new characters only to kill them off in order to develop Kirito's character. Once again, we get into the conflict of him being a solo player who hides his level from others by being a beta tester. Perhaps Sachi's affection and trust in Kirtio out of the blue and the quick, worthless deaths of the other characters in the guild were a bit forced.

Ending - It's very interesting to see how things really are: on a Christmas Eve, the strong don't stop and go after better items in order to evolve more than the other players. These reunions with Klein have been very important in showing how Kirito deals with social situations, as well as showing how having made this small friendship with Klein in the beginning has helped him a lot in the future. It was obvious that this Christmas boss wasn't going to make Sachi come back out of nowhere, but not showing the fight or Kirito's conversation before Keita's suicide was sensational. So far they've been blending the moments of struggle, death, fear, strength with the songs perfectly, and to finish what the fuck was that ending, Sachi's final message together with her singing becoming the episode's OST was one of the best episode endings I've ever seen in my life.
Dec 16, 2023 8:07 AM

Nov 2023
Oh man, I forgor how the characters felt man....... it must be really horror to be trapped in this game knowing you will die in real life once you die in the game
Jan 22, 1:38 AM

Aug 2008
Arrogance indeed, got his party killed. Felt nothing though, had no time whatsoever with them so forcing emotion just because a cute anime girl was killed fell flat.

Has it been about a year and a half already? Really speeding along with the timeskips.
Mar 5, 1:59 PM

Nov 2023
I have really mixed feelings on this one, while it did kinda hit hard by the end just imagine how much more impactful this would be if it was its own short arc with 3-6 episodes, would've really let us see sachi, kirito and the rest of the group bond.
Would've really given us reason to grow attatched and care about the group, towards Sachi especially

Again so much wasted potential with this anime, they had 25 episodes and wasted half of them on what could've been expanding upon so much of what's missing from the aincrad arc.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.