Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 31, 2012 6:30 AM

Bleach. I'd probably get to episode 63 then feel compelled to drop it since everyone says it sucks after that. Or I'd want to skip the fillers. I don't drop or skip animu, so no thanks.

Jul 31, 2012 2:51 PM
Dog Days both the first and second season.

Jul 31, 2012 3:11 PM
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Panty and Stocking with garterbelt.

Jul 31, 2012 4:07 PM

i second dog days; it just looks so funky and that concept. >.>

Jul 31, 2012 4:34 PM

Detective Conan. The cover makes me wanna bang my head to a wall.

Jul 31, 2012 5:31 PM

fantomu said:
Detective Conan. The cover makes me wanna bang my head to a wall.

I believe there's a quote that mentions something about covers, books, and judging...

Jul 31, 2012 5:58 PM

Code Guess and Death Note - Tried both series's first episode and the main characters' personalities just kinda tick me off. Both kinda give off the feeling like the world is a burden on their lives. I haven't even made it through the first episode of both before I moved on. Obviously 15 - 20 min is by no means enough to judge an entire series so I will eventually get to watching each show but that won't be a for a very, very long time.

Also, Is this a Zombie! Right off the bat I found the "humor" to be way to over the top and just plain out annoying. I wont be giving that one another shot.

Finally, any older anime. The art really bugs me which is a shame because so of the older shows are fantastic. Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple for example. I find it really funny. It's one of the funniest shows Ive seen yet I cant bring myself to sit down an watch it. Hopefully Ill get over that wall someday but until I do...
Modified by Bro-K201, Aug 1, 2012 12:31 AM

Jul 31, 2012 11:45 PM
Bro-K201 said:
Code Guess and Death Note - Tried both series's first episode and the main characters' personalities just kinda tick me off. Both kinda give off the feeling like the world is a burden on their lives. I haven't even made it through the first episode of both before I moved on. Obviously 15 - 20 min is by no means enough to judge an entire series so I will eventually get to watching each show but that won't be a for a very, very long time.
Give Death Note another episode, episode 2 was the episode that won me over, it's where the real plot appears.

Aug 1, 2012 12:54 AM

Ouran High School Host Club.
I tried a few episodes... I tried really hard.
It's "on-hold" right now but it's HIGHLY unlikely I will continue.

Aug 1, 2012 1:28 AM

I don't refuse to watch naruto but it does look daunting. I couldn't make it past episode 5 of Excel saga and that was the first time i had to stop and delete an anime.

Aug 1, 2012 2:01 AM
Homo Anime (Yaoi, yuri, shoujo/shounen ai) or something like that..
Just no

Aug 1, 2012 2:24 AM

The Tatami Galaxy. Just sounds like repetitive, boring crap. I've heard, "oh, but you have to give it a chance" and "there's a point to it's repetitiveness". I couldn't even get through half of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya because of the repetitiveness of it and I actually enjoyed Melancholy. How the hell am I supposed to do the same with Tatami?

Oh, and I refuse to watch Higurashi. Yes, I know, it's a classic. However, I really don't like slasher animes for the sake of slasher and I can't stand the thought of cute girls being attacked and murdered. I have no idea how the hell I made it through Elfen Lied. I felt like less of a human being after watching that series and I think I'd have the same feeling if I watched Higurashi.

Aug 1, 2012 2:33 AM

I won't refuse to watch anything. But I won't hesitate to drop it immediately if I don't like it.

also, lol @ anyone trying to justify not watching a show because it's "too long". When a show is great, you shouldn't want it to end.

Toucanbird said:
What if I watch 300 episodes and just don't care for it? Talk about 100+ hours down the drain...

Anyone that isn't daft would realize whether or not they like it LONG before that point.

professor-salt said:
No doubt if I watched One Piece earlier ( Like I did with Naruto and Bleach when they were only ~50 episodes in ), I would have loved it.

That makes 0 sense. In the end you would spend the exact same amount of time watching it, no matter when you started. And nowhere does it state that you have to marathon the entire thing.
Modified by Leondre, Aug 1, 2012 2:46 AM

Aug 1, 2012 3:07 AM

Rainbow-Dash said:

Toucanbird said:
What if I watch 300 episodes and just don't care for it? Talk about 100+ hours down the drain...

Anyone that isn't daft would realize whether or not they like it LONG before that point.

Not necessarily. I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of Bleach. However, everything after that was complete and utter garbage. I wish I hadn't wasted my time watching the last 250 episodes of Bleach because I thought it would eventually turn around to what it was but it never did. I'm not the only Bleach fan that felt that way either. There are a lot of fans that stuck with that anime thinking it might go back to the way it was and it never did.

Aug 1, 2012 6:36 AM
One Piece,I know it's an good anime but I'll get bored if I watch just an anime for too long.

Aug 1, 2012 11:12 AM

One Piece and Fairy Tail - For one, they are too long. But the main reason might sound a bit ridiculous to some people. Both main characters (especially Luffy) makes wanna punch a hole in my screen. They just look so ridiculous and annoying that I'm sure I could never take these anime seriously. It takes me only one second of seeing those two to make me annoyed. The FT protagonist is somewhat more acceptable., but Luffy's retarded face gives me physical pain.
I'm sorry, but if I already don't like a main character just by looking at them, then the chance of me watching the anime lowers to almost zero.

There are some other ones, but they are not "absolutely never watch".

Aug 1, 2012 11:29 AM
Toucanbird said:
The Tatami Galaxy. Just sounds like repetitive, boring crap. I've heard, "oh, but you have to give it a chance" and "there's a point to it's repetitiveness". I couldn't even get through half of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya because of the repetitiveness of it and I actually enjoyed Melancholy. How the hell am I supposed to do the same with Tatami?

It's not repetitive at all. All of the episodes do occur during the same timespan but they are all very different episodes, only ones that were remotely repetitive were three episodes in the middle of the series but they were still much more different than E8 if you watched the three necessary ones.

Aug 1, 2012 11:32 AM

Black Butler-I just don't like the characters that much and when I watch the dub I just HATE the accents....

Aug 1, 2012 12:13 PM

Guilty Crown. Just... no thank you. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Aug 1, 2012 4:02 PM

Normally I am pretty open to trying shows regardless of genre or length but I refuse to watch any more of Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Originally the show sounded interesting to me and I read plenty of positive things about it; but when I actually sat down and tried to watch an episode I found that I enjoyed essentially nothing about it. I dropped it after one episode and have not looked back; and that is saying something because I had never done that before.

Aug 1, 2012 4:44 PM
Any Yaoi/Shounen ai and some really old animes. Alot of times just because the art work/quality of the anime turns me off from watching it.

Aug 1, 2012 6:14 PM

Really long anime (like 100+ episodes) unless I am fairly convinced by someone that it's a good anime.

Hentai in general and yaoi.

Sequels/prequels/OVAs/etc. of anime I don't like. (7 and below)
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"

Aug 1, 2012 6:56 PM

MisaTange said:
Hentai in general and yaoi.

Yaranaika?
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor

Aug 1, 2012 6:59 PM
Bleach, Helatia, Naruto, K-on, etc just can't watch these ever.

Aug 1, 2012 8:11 PM
Mechatastical said:
One Piece... Can't stand the animation, it ruins it for me. I've seen a few episodes though here and there on Cartoon Network, but no for me.

That isn't One Piece. It's a piece of crap with a "One Piece" title.

Aug 1, 2012 9:31 PM
I will give off a warning right now for people and say that they should ignore any and all Higurashi's that isn't the main two seasons, but the special OVA that is one episode is fine. It will crush your spirit if you see what they did to the series, it is sickening.

On topic, I'd have to say any of the big three because of length, other then that I am willing to give most things a try, and if I don't like it, I'll drop it. Simple as that.

Aug 2, 2012 7:02 AM

TTGL and Fairy Tail.
In bello, parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt - Julius Caesar.

Aug 2, 2012 7:08 AM

Code Geass.

Aug 2, 2012 7:28 AM

death note. I tried watching it but it just wasn't my cup of tea :)

Aug 2, 2012 7:35 AM

LOGH so far for me. Animation is a really important aspect for me and I already stopped Monster due to that. I'll pretend to get around to those eventually.
NGE might change my viewpoint on older anime though...who knows.

Aug 2, 2012 8:54 AM

One Piece. Too much episodes.
Detective Conan. Another anime with too much episodes.
hah.

Aug 2, 2012 9:09 AM

Zylixae said:

I hope it does. And Evangelion is not even old enough to be considered old-school so you plenty to look forward too! You've even watched Dragonball/Z which is older than this. I hate when people refer to older animation as 'bad' instead of 'dated'. It is an incorrect mindset. Just like how people like film grain, I actually prefer animation from the late 80s/early 90s over stuff like Kara no Kyoukai easily, wierd as it sounds (easier on the eyes).

And LOGH is not the best anime to start your old-school binge :p. It requires a lot from the viewer.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor

Aug 2, 2012 9:14 AM

for now Kuroko no Basket
I read the manga and it was ok, but my friends said the anime is too exaggerating so i don't want to watch it.

Aug 2, 2012 9:16 AM

Just came here to laugh, ended up feeling ill. Screw you guys.
Modified by ItsYaBoyShikari, Aug 2, 2012 9:31 AM

Aug 2, 2012 9:19 AM

An anime that I refuse to watch?

It's Major S1-S6, LoGH, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and Hajime no Ippo.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)

Aug 2, 2012 10:12 AM

Death Note, detective conan, actuall basicly anything with way too much episodes which would take me ages to catch up with. I'd rather watch shows with 13-52 episodes that don't end up feelin like they're dragging the concept out too long.

Aug 2, 2012 10:20 AM

madoka magica something or other (forgot name) only because it was spoiled for me so much on tumblr.

Aug 2, 2012 11:28 PM
Zylixae said:
LOGH so far for me. Animation is a really important aspect for me and I already stopped Monster due to that. I'll pretend to get around to those eventually.

I'm baffled, Monster had great animation, and I highly suggest you go and give it another chance. I noticed that you are only on episode 12, it takes till about episode 20 (or maybe 25, forgot) to really start picking up the tension.

Aug 3, 2012 10:59 AM
Naruto or anything to do with more than 100+episode.

Aug 4, 2012 4:03 AM

Well I watch most genres of anime. but I dont think I will ever watch One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairytail and dragonball. (not interested+too long)
I have dropped some anime after watching a few episodes though.
One of them is Code Geass - cant get myself to continue watching after 2 eps. just dont know what the hype is about.

Aug 4, 2012 4:18 AM

for me it was shiki.... it was such a horrible show.... i could not sleep at night after i watched it. and i like vampires series but shiki was just too scary.

Aug 4, 2012 5:37 AM

daydreamingisfun said:
madoka magica something or other (forgot name) only because it was spoiled for me so much on tumblr.

Tumblr spoils everything for everyone. You can't be on Tumblr during the 16th - 20th and be in the Pandora Hearts fandom without getting the next Retrace spoiled for you. I'd say give it a shot either way - see how it fares without the shock value.

Queen's Blade. Saw the mean score and character designs. No thanks.

Aug 4, 2012 5:48 AM

OreImo and basically anything relating to imoutos.

Aug 4, 2012 8:01 AM

Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop

Aug 4, 2012 8:07 AM

Detective Conan

Aug 4, 2012 8:10 AM

Ore no Imouto : Because I totally hate Kirino (from what I saw)
Fairy Tail
Every "too much ecchi" anime (like Queen's Blade)
And Another (I tried but I really didn't like it)

Aug 4, 2012 8:31 AM

Fairy Tail, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Aug 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Pretty much any of those extremely popular shounen ones that have tons of episodes that are mostly filler like Naruto, Bleach etc. Also, shounen in general, for the most part (FMA doesn't count because it is awesome :) )

Aug 4, 2012 10:21 AM

^_^
i dont mind long anime series :D~~

but i dont feel very devoted in making myself watch clannad a lot of the times ._.

Aug 4, 2012 3:17 PM

I'm never going to watch Naruto and One Piece!
(I didn't thought that there would be so many others who also won't watch it.)

@Everybody who doesn't want to watch Clannad (After Story) -> Well, I can't force s.o. to watch an Anime - but ... it's rly (one of) the best Anime I've ever seen.
And it isn't so long either.
So, I highly recommend it - but of course, it's your choice.

@Everybody who doen's want to watch Detective Conan: Yh ... that Anime RLY got a lot of episodes. It's (one of) my favourit - but honestly - if I hadn't grown up with it I propably also would't start watching it now.
Modified by Juchan09, Aug 4, 2012 3:25 PM
WICHTIGE UMFRAGE zum Thema Anime/Manga/Japan/...
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/umfragen/85928/
Bitte macht mit, falls ihr es noch nicht getan habt.
DANKE! ^^

Pages (75) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »