Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2008 11:04 AM
Sep 2007
Guybrush said:
bluethree said:
Mathes said:
Am I the only one who enjoyed this..? ._.

Been quite a long time since I saw the OVA, so I had to laugh at some of the reused jokes again and come on people:
This has 12 episodes, the ova had 4, there has to come something new soon. ;)

I enjoyed it as well. I don't care about the censoring. I don't need to see 5th grader panties anyway.

Half of the episode WAS new already. I especially enjoyed the last part.

i just found out that the umbrella part of the first ep was old TOO (omg)
it was from the dvd special of the OVA.....
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4078/Kyou_no_Go_no_Ni_DVD_Special

gee
(ill drop this and watch that ova special yay)

You are wrong. In umbrella part was only in manga.
Please first you watch it and after write something.
Thanks
Oct 8, 2008 12:14 PM
Sep 2008
Bad animation. Hell, the jokes that were a bit laughable in the OVAs were not even in the slightest funny in this series.
(But I like the OP better, I admit it)
Oct 8, 2008 12:52 PM

Sep 2007
Oh well, pretty boring

Oct 8, 2008 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it, but I agree that it probably won't be anywhere near as good as the OVA, which I saw for the first time just before watching this. The first two stories were kind of meh, because the OVA did them better, but I liked the latter two -- the air guitaring in story three was my favorite part. That is such a little kid moment, and it made me smile. :)
Oct 8, 2008 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
I like the new character designs and even though I only recently watched the OVA it still kept my attention despite half of it being a rehash.

I'll keep watching this since the new parts are kind of awesome, that umbrella skit with Ryouta not wanting to be in the middle with those two cute girls was hilarious, he's going to kick himself in the balls when he's older.
It's funny because it's true :)
Oct 8, 2008 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
Zierlyn said:
The thing about the ecchiness is...it's supposed to be there. It was in the manga, and it was a core element of the storyline itself. These young kids are right at that awkward age where they are just starting to grow out of their childhood ignorance and notice that they are actually beginning to have feelings and attractions they never had before. That's part of what made the manga and the OVA brilliant. The uncomfortable panty shots parallel the awkwardness of being at that age and thinking things that seem totally foreign, and the characters, much like ourselves, are left feeling confused and guilty. The TV series misses this point entirely.

Then there's the brutally noticeable drop in animation quality. Why? Where's the business sense in that? Also, why go over old material in a worse manner instead of improving upon the original?

The overall feel given off by the TV series has lost almost all of what made the manga and the OVA brilliant. Nezerchin also remarked on the music earlier. I couldn't agree more. This was one of the aspects that the director of the TV series completely failed at. The innocence of youth is the very foundation of the story! How could they fail at something as important as the BGM for setting the proper atmosphere?

I'm severely disappointed at what they've done to a brilliant story.

Same here... I guess because I watched it some time ago I was really excited to see 12 episodes of it, but when I saw the first... well it was a big disappointment. Probably because I had my hopes high up and thought it will be a continuation of the OVA... But bad seiyus, music, animation and the cuts compared to the OVA are a bit too much. I could compromise with 1 or 2 but all 4... It's hard.

I rarely drop series even if they are bad, but I don't wanna ruin the image that the OVAs left... so sadly... dropped!
Oct 8, 2008 8:03 PM
Apr 2008
i wouldn't say this series would be R+, i mean seriously, there's not that much ecchi!
Oct 9, 2008 10:28 PM

Jun 2007
Asako said:
The OVAs already covered all of the material, so this TV series is kinda... pointless. But I loved the OVAs, so I will be following this, I guess. Does look disappointing so far though.

is this true? D:
I hope they will come up with new material and stop using the OVAs by the next 2 or 3 episodes.
because if the tv series turns out to be just the OVAs with a little extra, then yeah, it will be disappointing

as for the animation; already forgot how the OVA animation was like, so will watch the special later; I think its cute too (chika doing the air guitar<3 adorable) but when they do the close ups, some just look weird while some do pass;

bluethree said:
I don't care about the censoring. I don't need to see 5th grader panties anyway.

thank god for the censoring (actually I dont really care either, but I prefer w/o)
that was one of the reasons why I dropped "jikan something" (xD) although, I may pick it up (like months from now) because of the comedy...
Oct 9, 2008 11:52 PM

Jun 2007
Same. Crappier drawings. D:

Oct 10, 2008 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
I haven't seen the OVA yet so I thought this was quite good, despite the dodgy art work.
Oct 10, 2008 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
Aww, I thought it was quite good.
Haven't seen the OVA though~
Oct 11, 2008 12:01 AM

Mar 2007
Artwork is alot different compared to the OVA... a little more simple to my eyes...

i LoL'd at the episode title ...Loose
alot of the boys are voiced by femals though... kind of disheartening. But everytime i watch this show it reminds me of my elementary school days. Super balls ftw! It's also not as ecchi as the OVA... but it still has the same style of innuendos as the ova :)

Note about the censoring
This is a TELEVISION show... they arent aloud to show certain things on tv as they can on DVD ova's. ERGO the censoring and limted ecchi factor. Lrn2deal sirs....
RanivusOct 11, 2008 12:06 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 11, 2008 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
Wasted_Life said:
Artwork is alot different compared to the OVA... a little more simple to my eyes...

i LoL'd at the episode title ...Loose
alot of the boys are voiced by femals though... kind of disheartening. But everytime i watch this show it reminds me of my elementary school days. Super balls ftw! It's also not as ecchi as the OVA... but it still has the same style of innuendos as the ova :)

Note about the censoring
This is a TELEVISION show... they arent aloud to show certain things on tv as they can on DVD ova's. ERGO the censoring and limted ecchi factor. Lrn2deal sirs....

ME TOO REMINDS OF PRIMARY SCHOOL!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 11, 2008 3:45 AM

Aug 2008
To much to complain about. Shortly: such a disappointment.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 11, 2008 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
The animation style is going to take some getting used to, but other than that I really enjoyed it. The TV series is a bit disappointing when compared to the OVA, but I'm still looking forward to episode 2 and to seeing Satou and Hirakawa trapped in the storage shed together...again.
GreorgyOct 11, 2008 7:09 PM
Oct 12, 2008 5:16 PM

May 2008
ukonkivi said:
Ball completions.

Competitions. COMPETITIONS.
God I hate making typos.

Man, it seems people really hate this show in comparison to the OVA.
But I really like this show. So I definitely gotta see the OVA.

If this show isn't as good as the OVA, then that OVA's gotta be pretty fantastic!

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 13, 2008 2:26 AM
Jan 2008
I think I'll better stick to the OVA version, like it very much. The drawing.....too advance. I'd like the old fasion drawing for that anime... like the OVA one....If I don't like the drawing, the same goes the the story.
Oct 13, 2008 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
Somehow that puns aren't as funny as they were in OVA version. Animation is much worse too. Major disappointment.
Oct 14, 2008 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
Read the manga and I was disappointed on how they rendered the "serious" looks, unlike Minami-ke (which pulled it off well). Haven't seen the OVAs, but reading others comments, I'm going to have to check the OVAs before I continue on with the TV release of this series.
Oct 14, 2008 10:25 AM

Dec 2007
I know at least the "Superball" part was reused from the OVA, from the preview it seems that they're reusing some other segments as well. I laughed a few times, it's not that bad on that level, but there were times when the character design literally made me want to puke.

#NBHNC
Oct 14, 2008 7:45 PM

Jul 2007
This is a fucking joke. Pantsu censoring aside, no awesome ova-music aside, what's with the awful quality? They've totally ruined this show's reputation. Is this supposed to be Chika-chan???

Oct 14, 2008 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
So far the TV series looks like a worse animated as well as neutered version of what is seen in the OVA. Watch the OVA its funny as shit. From what i've seen they took all the racy parts that made the OVA hilarious out of the TV series. I'm quite dissapointed, was hoping for more.
Oct 15, 2008 9:40 AM

Oct 2007
angel999 said:
Next episode looks like Kodomo no Jikan ecchiness. The locked in the gym part looks iffy also. I do think that stuff is going to be censored.

You should really type like this more...>_>

Yeah...the animation is absolutely horrendous. It's a disgrace to the OVA. :/ Dropped it.

Wasted_Life said:
Note about the censoring

The question, then, is why are they reusing the more ecchi skits from the OVA if they're just going to censor them and take the whole point out of it? If you have to censor the skits, then don't bother doing them at all and come up with new stuff.
KuyuOct 15, 2008 9:46 AM
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 15, 2008 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
Kotori said:
This is a fucking joke. Pantsu censoring aside, no awesome ova-music aside, what's with the awful quality? They've totally ruined this show's reputation. Is this supposed to be Chika-chan???

Wow glad you posted that kept hearing people complain about degraded animation quality and now that i actually see the difference i can laugh and say

People they two DIFFERENT styles of animation/drawing of course it wouldn't be the same one is is simplistic style while the other is the more "stereotypical" anime style. It like comparing Honey & Clover to Kanon...

That being said i thought it was very very cute and nostalgic. Didn't see the ova so it was "fresh" and i'll be sticking around
Oct 16, 2008 12:49 AM

Jul 2007
so_addictive said:
Didn't see the ova so it was "fresh" and i'll be sticking around

Anyone watching this series should definitely watch the OVA, it's much better in every aspect: music, art, events, character personalities, development, voices, animation. The TV series is total crap. Small piece of the OVA: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15585285zM3EF7Nr
Oct 16, 2008 12:49 AM

Apr 2008
I'll try another episode or two, but the first episode's storytelling seemed dull and a lot of the jokes seemed to fall flat for me. It's not making me laugh. And it seems pointless to me to keep watching a series that is supposed to be humorous that isn't accomplishing it's purpose.

On a side note, I did see the first ep or two of the OVA and I thought it was funny. I'm the kind of person who CAN laugh at the same joke twice, if it's done right. I just don't think they handled the jokes really well in this one so far.
Oct 18, 2008 3:27 PM

Aug 2008
Everyones talking about the OVA. After seeing the pics, watching the OVA instead seems like a prize winning idea. Anyway, I'll give the next ep a try (since I already grabbed it)
Oct 29, 2008 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Bad censoring is bad
偉大なる眷属 || ( ´ ▽´)||
Nov 5, 2008 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Post deleted

angel999, do NOT spam across the board. One post is enough.
Your other posts have been deleted also except one.
aeroNov 5, 2008 2:53 PM
Nov 20, 2008 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Question: How can we add the name in English to "Alternative titles"?
I had no idea the tv series existed x_x

and I haven't watched it yet, so I have no opinion.
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
May 18, 2009 7:33 PM
Mar 2009
just watched the OVAs, loved it :) but i want more :( so whats this tv version like? im not so keen on it when they change the character designs and seiyuu of the same anime :S maybe i should just stop at the OVAs cos it did end quite nicely ^_^ and i dont really want anything ruining it by being disappointed after watching this :S so should i watch it or not :p
Sep 26, 2009 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, such a sh**. How ugly can they make those wonderful characters from the OVA? I really expected something good, but this was just a huge disappointment. I'll just pretend there was nothing else than the OVA.
Dec 30, 2009 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
I don't like the new animation style, first thought I had was "it sucks"
and what's with the reused jokes? :\
I'll watch a few more eps and then decide if this one is to drop...
May 11, 2010 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
AHAHA!!! that was AMAZING!!! i LOVE how her tooth came out XD and the thing with the bouncy balls were AWESOME haha "Nice kick. Nice revenge." the air guitar was so cool haha i wish i could do that in my class!!! also walking home must have been horrible XP and his friends jus left him there hehe!!! All in all it was a Super Special Awesome epi!!!
Jun 29, 2011 7:30 PM

Apr 2011
That was fun xD
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 30, 2011 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
So that's what brooms are for..
Oct 22, 2011 9:28 AM

Feb 2010
Huge drop in quality. I am disappointed. :-( The OVAs were beautiful and hilarious!

No pantyshot??? Really?? :-| I doubt we'll get to see the
Jan 23, 2013 11:31 AM

Jan 2012
watching this after Ano hana certainly surprised me with that ed theme, it feels like Ano hana totally stole the ed theme from this series.
Dec 2, 2013 7:04 AM

May 2012
Some old and some new scenes in this first episode which was pretty nice to see, quite enjoyed it and well the pace sure improved from the old OVA's but why in gods name did they had to pick that ED song :'| damn anohana making this beautiful song so sad!
RafaelDeJonghDec 2, 2013 7:10 AM
Sep 10, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2013
I like epic faces.
And then the ED happened and I was like: "Wait a sec, I heard this somewhere..."
Dec 19, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
I thought i heard the ending somewhere.
I google it and i was suprise it was ano hana.

May 11, 2021 12:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha actually this is really fun and cute for a slice of life comedy show, I love how the faces change in a totally different style sometimes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 13 Discussion

Fungaaaa - Jan 3, 2009

38 by Ren_Reyden »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 PM

» What did you think of Ryouta and Chika as a couple?

AoiroBlueColor - Aug 4, 2021

1 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Aug 6, 2021 6:42 PM

» Where can you watch this?

AoiroBlueColor - May 23, 2021

0 by AoiroBlueColor »»
May 23, 2021 8:09 PM

» Is this anime good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 19, 2021

1 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 20, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 12 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

22 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 2021 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.