Forum Settings
Forums

NBA 2012-2013 Season (back to 82 games now!)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (62) « First ... « 60 61 [62]
Jul 13, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
I think the Cavs really think that they can make the playoffs this year. Their biggest problem is defense still, and they're hoping for the impossible if they think that Mike Brown's defensive schemes can help make up for that. I think Bynum is a good signing for the Cavs; even if he doesn't play up to his potential, he's still an upgrade at center.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jul 13, 2013 6:29 PM
May 2010
I expect Kyrie to still be awful defensively this season as he gets propped up again as an elite pg. Defense wins championships!
Jul 13, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Ambalamps said:
I expect Kyrie to still be awful defensively this season as he gets propped up again as an elite pg. Defense wins championships!

Tell that to the Chicago Bears
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2013 10:13 PM

Jul 2011
SharifEbeefE said:
Ambalamps said:

Tell that to the Chicago Bears

Or, to keep to the same sport, the Grizzlies/Pacers.

tl;dr: Defense is important, to an extent, but an adequate amount of scoring (inside and outside) is vital as well.

In other news, the Bulls looked good in the summer league tonight, albeit Goudelock scoring a majority of the points with 26. Teague looked sharp though and hopefully Derrick will teach him a thing or two in the off-season. Snell hit his first 3 then kind of shied away from the ball the rest of the game. Hope to see more from him in the future.
VerdaleJul 13, 2013 10:16 PM
Jul 14, 2013 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Any Grizz fans here?
Jul 14, 2013 8:47 AM
Feb 2012
Volt1993 said:
Any Grizz fans here?

At least I like Q and Wroten because they're from my hometown.
Jul 15, 2013 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Watching Chicago Bulls Summer League is more entertaining than I thought!

Teague is definitely showing improvement and will be up their with the quickest guards in the league; Rose just needs to show him how to finish at the rim. His efficiency will definitely increase when he plays behind Rose and Kirk than it is while leading the SL team. Jump-shot also more consistent.

Snell is showing a lot of hustle and is actually able to finish at the rim which is all I can ask for; can't wait to see him in the future! A future with Him and Butler at the 2/3 could be even more dangerous than a Butler/Deng combo. And with those 2, 2 of the best defenders in the league, teaching him during the year Snell should soon become a defensive monster.

I'll also be shocked if no team picks up Goudelock or Malcolm Thomas (SUMMER LEAGUE RECORD 22 REBS); neither will probably get picked up by the Bulls, but both definitely deserve another chance somewhere.

+Murphy 4/5 from 3's!

Anyone else watching Summer League for their respective team?!
BullsNBears93Jul 15, 2013 9:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
I watched some highlights of the Pistons. Drummond looked like a man among boys, and Peyton Siva looks like he can be a solid backup in the league. KCP looks a bit streaky right now with his shot.

I'm excited to see Luigi Datome once the season starts. If he can be like Bellinelli or even (dare I say?) Gallinari, it's a big step towards the Pistons making it back to the playoffs.
Jul 16, 2013 3:29 PM
Feb 2012
I heard the Pistons were also interested in Rondo and trading B-Kinght to the C's?
Jul 16, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah that rumor's been around for a while now. Highly doubt it happens, though if we could get Rondo and lock him up as our PG for years I'd be all for it. Rondo's my second favorite PG after DRose.
Jul 17, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
LimeSlate said:
I heard the Pistons were also interested in Rondo and trading B-Kinght to the C's?

Boston is demanding Drummond in the trade, so I doubt that it's going to pan out.
Jul 17, 2013 11:58 AM
Feb 2012
Insidious said:
LimeSlate said:

Boston is demanding Drummond in the trade, so I doubt that it's going to pan out.

Couldn't they just move Monroe to Center if Drummond is gone?

I don't know the Pistons well, but I think that'd be a solid trade if the Celtics want to get younger and younger.
Jul 17, 2013 8:43 PM
May 2010
Pretty sure they value Drummond more than Monroe.
Jul 17, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
Insidious said:
LimeSlate said:

Or future first round draft picks, which we can't offer either since we gave up either this year's or next year's first round pick to Charlotte in the Ben Gordon salary dump trade (Josh Smith better be worth it).
Jul 17, 2013 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
JustALEX said:
Tsundere_Lover said:
I'm betting my D for Brooklyn or Rockets to go for the championship.

lol bro...lol.

And I'm not trying to be a homer, but in the East you still have the Pacers and Bulls who should still be better than Brooklyn.

The Rockets definitely made a jump forward but IMO not enough to overtake OKC, Spurs, or even the Clippers.

XD

TravSavage said:
So no one wants to talk about Bynum going to the Cavs?

It's a good pickup. If Andy, Kyrie, and Bynum stay healthy, I expect them to make the playoffs. Cleveland has had a really good offseason.

-----

Nelly should never talk about sports again.
GunbladewarriorJul 17, 2013 9:41 PM
Jul 17, 2013 9:37 PM
Feb 2012
Clippers are overrated as hell. I'm gonna say it.
Jul 17, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
LimeSlate said:

I'd love to see them make a championship with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan as their bigs the way they are now. Clips can't be considered championship contenders until those two improve their game. Also it'd have been nice if they traded for Afflalo instead of Redick but whatever.
Jul 17, 2013 9:58 PM
Feb 2012
OGHelios said:
LimeSlate said:

I'd love to see them make a championship with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan as their bigs the way they are now. Clips can't be considered championship contenders until those two improve their game. Also it'd have been nice if they traded for Afflalo instead of Redick but whatever.

Agreed. But they have to deal with the Heat who are still the most complete NBA team in my opinion. I still think OKC and San Antonio are just a little better than them and have more depth to win the West.
Jul 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
LimeSlate said:
OGHelios said:
LimeSlate said:

Agreed. But they have to deal with the Heat who are still the most complete NBA team in my opinion. I still think OKC and San Antonio are just a little better than them and have more depth to win the West.

The Clippers are definitely not that great, nor the best in the West. They have CP3 and a Mr. I have bad knees in Blake Griffin. I agree that OKC and SA have an edge on them. I even like GSW over the Clippers (in a 7 game series).

I don't think the Heat are the most complete NBA team at all... they have NO inside presence. But the past 2 years shows that they don't need it, cause they have Lebron James.
Jul 18, 2013 5:03 AM
Feb 2012
SharifEbeefE said:
LimeSlate said:
OGHelios said:
LimeSlate said:

The Clippers are definitely not that great, nor the best in the West. They have CP3 and a Mr. I have bad knees in Blake Griffin. I agree that OKC and SA have an edge on them. I even like GSW over the Clippers (in a 7 game series).

I don't think the Heat are the most complete NBA team at all... they have NO inside presence. But the past 2 years shows that they don't need it, cause they have Lebron James.

My point is... If LeBron is going to carry the team all by himself and just dominate singlehandedly against his opponent (this does NOT happen all of the time but a good high percent of the time) the Heat are the team to beat. I'm no LeBron fan, but I can think of it that way based on how the Heat have won several of their games. You could argue it's because the teams are very weak and have no one to stop him but if it's worked 2 years in a row vs. the other two teams I've mentioned in OKC and San Antonio, how can the Clippers stop LeBron?

I'm no LeBron bandwagon fan, but objectively speaking, I should be aware he is the most complete player in the game today. And can do anything to win a game for his team if he can.
Jul 18, 2013 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
Idk if OKC can be considered a top-tier team without a third scoring option. When Westbrook and KD are on the bench, who's supposed to lead the offense? Are Jackson and Lamb ready to step up? The Spurs are tough to gauge this time of year because you can't help but think "okay this is the year age catches up to them". And we're all forgetting about the Nuggets and Grizzlies who are good teams as well. The West atm looks really open imo.
Jul 18, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
@Lime I agree that the Heat are the team to beat, I just don't believe that they are the most complete team in the NBA.

OGHelios said:
Idk if OKC can be considered a top-tier team without a third scoring option. When Westbrook and KD are on the bench, who's supposed to lead the offense? Are Jackson and Lamb ready to step up? The Spurs are tough to gauge this time of year because you can't help but think "okay this is the year age catches up to them". And we're all forgetting about the Nuggets and Grizzlies who are good teams as well. The West atm looks really open imo.

Well the Nuggets got a little worse this off-season mainly by losing Iggy, but I agree that the Grizz could surprise everyone (again) this season and grab a top 4 seed.

All I gotta say about OKC is that they need to get rid of Perkins before they have a chance to win a ring
Jul 18, 2013 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
I think we should be starting a new thread soon since Summer League's already started.
Jul 18, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2011
TravSavage said:
I think we should be starting a new thread soon since Summer League's already started.

Considering this thread started about this time last year, I suppose you're right.

Dibbs on OP.

EDIT: New thread is up and running. 3,078 replies in this thread, what a great season it was.
VerdaleJul 18, 2013 3:41 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (62) « First ... « 60 61 [62]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.