Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Jul 16, 2012 3:51 AM

Hetaliatards, Narutards, Moetards and all others aside, there's another fandom that doesn't really make sense.

"Golden age anime" elitists who think that every single anime from the 80's-90's is the greatest thing ever and everything since 2000 is bland unoriginal trash with horrible animation.
Also, Cowboy Bebop fans (not all, but those who watched only Bebop alone) who think it is the most godly anime ever just because they saw it on Adult Swim and refuse to watch anything else because "everything else is moe comedy highschool trash", or simply "not western enough". Yes, I met plenty of those people.
Modified by Jenii, Jul 16, 2012 4:03 AM

Jul 16, 2012 4:15 AM

RLinksoul said:
It's no surprise that fandoms can get a little crazy, but sometimes they take things to such immense levels that it makes you wonder if these people are even human.

Take the Otaku of Japan who are rabid K-On fans. If a voice actress so much as gets near a person of the male gender, it taints the purity of said otaku's waifu and therefor the character is a two timing slut and the VA receives death threats.

I don't even like the Haruhi Suzumiya or Lucky Star franchises and I would hug Aya Hirano if I saw her. The crap this poor woman goes through under the label of "Scandal Seiyuu" is just too much.

There was a nice lady on Deviantart who is an admitted Madoka Magica fan. She DARED to make a stamp stating that all of the storytelling conventions and plot twists of the series had been done by Sailor Moon long ago, which is in no way bashing the series. The sheer level of trolling and threats from hardcore Madoka fans caused her to first disable comments on that and any other Madoka fanart she had, then delete the stamp altogether, then it reached a point where she had to remove her entire dA account.

If we weren't talking about anime, I'm sure the MLP and Sonic fandoms would win for sure.

I can confirm this last statement as I'm part of the MLP fandom myself. 95% of the fandom is pretty cool and such, but there are these 5% who basicly spam all youtube with mlprelated comments and even go as far as insulting people with different opinions. For as far as I know the shows motto is love and tolerance, yet these people fail to live to that motto.

However I doubt thats' entirely true for the sonic fandom, but that's probably since it's a smaller fandom and therefore not on such a big scale.

Jul 16, 2012 11:42 AM

NK_500 said:
WestyBOtaku said:
I'd say Hetalia as well. I love Hetalia, its one of my favorite shows. i like the jokes and the history and all that, but all of these crazy fangirls seriously believe that they can date a fictional character. I see that with a lot of shows, but with Hetalia i just don't get it.
Actually they are watching it for the bishies alone. The fangirls had turned it from an interesting(before I watched myself) seinen show with some political satire into a male moe show for girls.
--I don't hit a lot of the fan sites so I don't have to endure a lot of the parings and such like, but it was the fanbase that put me off it for a long time. One night in desperation I watched it dubbed on Netflix because I was working on a jewelry project and needed something in English. It was good historical/political satire and parody. Damn those fangirls.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Jul 16, 2012 11:58 AM

Nostalgia fags. Back then had it's own fair share of crap too, plus some anime beats the old by miles. Same vice versa. One age isn't better than the other. Pisses me off so much when I meet people like this.

One Piece, Naruto, NGE, & some others.

Hell, Bleach fans aren't rabid anymore imo. I see them hating on their own series 90% of the time.

Haven't met any crazy Berserk fans yet. Guess that is a good thing.
Modified by Altace, Jul 16, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 16, 2012 12:09 PM

The_Butcher said:
Nostalgia fags. Back then had it's own fair share of crap too, plus some anime beats the old by miles. Same vice versa. One age isn't better than the other. Pisses me off so much when I meet people like this.

One Piece, Naruto, NGE, & some others.

Hell, Bleach fans aren't rabid anymore imo. I see them hating on their own series 90% of the time.

Haven't met any crazy Berserk fans yet. Guess that is a good thing.

Because Berserk takes 50 years for one chapter to come out.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Jul 16, 2012 12:12 PM
otaking
lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:
T . . . . like getting pissed about Space Battleship Yamato being brought to the states and dubbed. At least we got to experience it. . . . .
--You've actually seen SBY!!!!!!!!? Thank the Gods. I was feeling SO alone.

hey i seen it to
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jul 16, 2012 12:33 PM

Lolicon pervs and ecchi fans in general.

Jul 16, 2012 1:42 PM

Sir_Lexa said:

Makes me a sad panda.

Nah I kid...everyone is entitled to an opinion =)

Jul 16, 2012 2:01 PM

I actually found the Gundam fanbase to be quite accepting and polite.

However the fanbase for Kuroshitsuji you would have to beat them off. Especially, when the second season was airing they were fierce.

The Steins;Gate fanbase I found to be quite rude sometimes, as well as Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online. They must home brew rabid fans by drawing them in with VN and LN, that way they can accuse others of just not understanding when something is not right in their precious anime...

Someone has to let those Pandora Hearts fans out of their cage too before they go crazy. It has gotten to the point where they dissect the manga panel by panel.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Jul 16, 2012 2:24 PM

Eva fan elitist's, because i can't discuss one anime without yin being a rei clone or something being a reference and/or copying eva.

Also general shounen fan's i meet at con's tend to be ridiculous weaboo's "I LEARNT JAPANESE FROM WATCHING ANIME XD". The shounen fans i don't mind that much, it's just evangelion fans that get me mad.

Jul 16, 2012 2:29 PM
otaking
SIayzeR said:
Eva fan elitist's, because i can't discuss one anime without yin being a rei clone or something being a reference and/or copying eva.

Also general shounen fan's i meet at con's tend to be ridiculous weaboo's "I LEARNT JAPANESE FROM WATCHING ANIME XD". The shounen fans i don't mind that much, it's just evangelion fans that get me mad.

its a fact that alot of anime have taken cues from eva
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Enjolras1830 said:

its a fact that alot of anime have taken cues from eva

Yes i know, i never said it didn't. I can understand if it was somebody who was around when eva was release-.....it just gets me mad, im going to leave it at that and go to bed. Maybe ill re-watch it sometime as its been a while since i did, but i do remember it having a alot of issues.

Jul 16, 2012 3:03 PM

Okay enough with Hetalia and I know I may got trolled for mentioned this one but...Maria-sama ga Miteru fanboys! How many of them are not watching the show for yuri content alone? How many MariMite fanarts in popular image boards such as danbooru and deviantArt that don't have yuri in them unless the are solo ones? In fact I too was fooled into thinking this show have lots of yuri moments but instead it actually I loved in very different way and yuri is not the reason why. I actually a shoujo anime which takes the sisterhood as serious(and also why lots of women who not into shoujo-ai/yuri avoiding it) matter.

MariMite is by far one of the most under-appreciated shoujo shows if not underrated. Like Princess 9 it also ignored by shoujo-loving communities for lack of steamy romances and bishies except Sachiko's fiance and Yumi's brother. I still remember when I recommended MariMite to a woman before and she throw her disgust and say "sorry I'm not interested to see bunch of lesbians" and my reaction is "WTF?!". Unless you count Sei Satou(which may likely a bisexual rather than full-blown lesbian) and I think I saw many lesbians in the show. Maybe I should blame on those fanboys for making from an interesting shoujo shows with lots of same-sex interactions among girls(which not really romantic at all) into a lesbian wonderland for male viewing pleasures. Perhaps I should rethink myself how much I hated Hetalia fangirls for getting the show wrong.
---

Jul 16, 2012 3:26 PM

Enjolras1830 said:
lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:
T . . . . like getting pissed about Space Battleship Yamato being brought to the states and dubbed. At least we got to experience it. . . . .

hey i seen it to
--You have to admit that we are in the minority these days.
Modified by lisnoire, Jul 16, 2012 3:30 PM
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character

Jul 16, 2012 3:28 PM

I hate the fandom that what ever you guys are a part of.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod

Jul 16, 2012 3:29 PM
otaking
lisnoire said:
Enjolras1830 said:
lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:

hey i seen it to

ver
lisnoire said:
Enjolras1830 said:
lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:

hey i seen it to
very sadly true

Jul 16, 2012 3:35 PM

1. Anything from the Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)
2. Evangelion fans

"Ichigo vs Naruto: who wins?"
"One piece is the greatest of all time, look at the numbers!"
"You stupid fuck, Eva is awesome, because of Reasons A-Z"

I could go on but those are things I've seen online, and that's just the annoying stuff. Try the Eva fans doing death threats to people. Or the one piece fans who love to show sales numbers and go into a my "number" is bigger than yours epeen contest. As someone who appreciates all 4 of these works, it just gets to be annoying seeing people engage in this mindless back in forth, throwing temper tantrums.
StardustNyako said:
If you had multiple anime on the screen at once it'd all be jumbled up. Kaneki Ken might become a ninja who guides souls to the afterlife Battlefront where they find peace and reincarnate to AIs.

Jul 16, 2012 3:35 PM

@Enjolras1830 RE- Space Battleship Yamato
Well, after all you are Japanese and it IS a cultural icon. ;-)

Jul 16, 2012 3:38 PM
I like obsessive fans/fandoms.
So the worse they are = The better they are.

Jul 16, 2012 3:40 PM
otaking
MariMite best Shojo ai/Yuri ever made

Jul 16, 2012 5:19 PM
Narutards for sure. I love Naruto, but after going to a few cons, I can see why it's so easy to hate fans of the show. They kinda ruin it for everyone; you know the extremists who claim nothing can be better.

Jul 16, 2012 5:28 PM

Enjolras1830 said:
3 People over 20 who Bacame fans after 2002

Somehow I felt vaguely mentioned.

On the thread, eh... I can't think of any clear example, although some Panty & Stocking fans can get really annoying with their overreaction ("OMG it has sex jokes, it mocks moe tropes and is flash-animated!! Most original anime ever!"), and well, Evangelion has the awful "too deep for you" trend...

Of course none of these is nearly as bad as hardcore fans who write threat letters to the seiyuu because they want them to stay pure, but well, I still haven't seen these kinds of fucked up minds in action.
Modified by jal90, Jul 16, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 16, 2012 5:33 PM

shin_caroline said:
THIS.

he he he he he ~ >_<
i felt sorry for the pillow. nah, i kid. O.O

Thanks for sharing lol.

Jul 16, 2012 5:33 PM
otaking
jal90 said:
Enjolras1830 said:

way to not fully quote what i said

Jul 16, 2012 5:41 PM

Enjolras1830 said:
jal90 said:
Enjolras1830 said:

way to not fully quote what i said

Nah, it was a joke, but I thought that category felt quite strange for this thread.

Jul 16, 2012 5:55 PM

Wow, I didn't know this thing about seiyuus. That thing is really far too much, I, personally, think a seiyuu has nothing to do at all with the anime character he/she voices for. That is already overdoing it a bit.

As for other fandoms... I guess if I directed it at any specific anime series fans I would just be being too personal, for I would be naming the fans of animes I don't like.
But I really think some Gintama fans are kinda too much fanatic ^^'

「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!

Jul 16, 2012 6:00 PM

Suzune-chan said:

Someone has to let those Pandora Hearts fans out of their cage too before they go crazy. It has gotten to the point where they dissect the manga panel by panel.

I actually like it when they do that its fun reading about their wall-o-text theories and how they pay attention to details that could come in handy later on in the story. ^_^
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Jul 16, 2012 6:08 PM

^

Nah, I'm kidding. :P

Jul 16, 2012 6:31 PM

lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:

Seen it? I own all the episodes! And the movies. I guess I am a bit of an old school fan (not that I don't love the newer stuff) when it comes to Anime. Shows had a beginning and an ending (One Piece anyone?) and they did so while keeping the fans in mind (End of EVA anyone?)

You are NOT alone...!
My dream job is to be the Penny Press Operator at the US Mint; Just so I can come home every day to my significant other and say "Honey, I made cents ALL day long!"

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club

Jul 16, 2012 6:34 PM

The only bad fans are those who feel the need to point out how out-of-hand a fanbase is. It doesn't make you any better than the fanatics who can be found for any series.

Jul 16, 2012 6:43 PM

High School of the Dead. Just look how they defend the show from criticism even most of it are true but yet they remain oblivious, thinking HSotD is a masterpiece or a God's gift. I also suspect 90% of them are already fans of Hollywood zombie apocalypse movies or such.
---

Jul 16, 2012 6:51 PM

NK_500 said:
High School of the Dead. Just look how they defend the show from criticism even most of it are true but yet they remain oblivious, thinking HSotD is a masterpiece or a God's gift. I also suspect 90% of them are already fans of Hollywood zombie apocalypse movies or such.

Or are teenagers who are blinded by their sexual desires.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.

Jul 16, 2012 7:12 PM

One Piece
FMA:Brotherhood

OP only because most of the people who I know enjoy OP think it's literally the best thing since fire.

Jul 16, 2012 7:15 PM

Jeddy017 said:
NK_500 said:

Or are teenagers who are blinded by their sexual desires.

This makes more sense.

Jul 16, 2012 7:23 PM

I have to say that I've met very few rational UC Gundam fans. Seriously, people were flipping shit when I said Gundam 00 was my favorite Gundam anime on another board.

And NGE fans who treat people who don't like NGE like idiots.

Jul 16, 2012 7:25 PM
otaking
im a super big UC Fan but my fave Gundams are X and A

Jul 16, 2012 7:43 PM

Every fanbase has its bad sides. I honestly haven't really encountered one that's really done anything cringe-worthy as far as crossing the line as an entire group all the time.

I'm not gonna deny the Hetalia fanbase is innocent though. The sheer amount of Yaoi innuendo they stick out of their butt from every single comic/panel/dialogue is ridiculous. And the pairing wars...yikes. I go to a Youtube Video with England and USA in it, and the FrancexUK followers trash the pairing even if it's not a Yaoi video.
I think this can be said with any Yaoi-related pairings, but since this thread is about Anime-specific, i can't really say all Yaoi-pairings lead to wars. With a series like Hetalia it can't be helped if there's a bad episode once in a while.

I would say Black Butler, but all i've seen from that is bad pedophilia-related Doujinshi and the occasional crazy Sebastian fangirl. It's not that bad since those are everywhere.

In general you could say the fanbases of every popular series out there (Hetalia, Naruto, Bleach, Black Butler, Madoka Magica, etc.) are pretty bad simply because they're big enough to stand out amongst the rest with their ferocity, so they tend to get annoying and more attention when it comes to episodes.

If i had to choose though, i'd say the fanbases of old-school Anime like Evangelion and Gundam. If you so much as deny the greatness of these series, they attack with their might about how the classics are better. This is just what i've seen, so obviously it does not count for everyone, but yeah.
Modified by Vyudali, Jul 16, 2012 7:52 PM

Jul 16, 2012 7:46 PM

- It's always the overly vocal select few that give an entire fanbase a bad name.

Many annoying fan-bases pointed out here actually have their share of un-bias, logical and open-minded fans within them.

The ones that accept that "their favourite show" might not be for everyone and acknowledge that liking something a lot personally =/= being the greatest thing ever for all who breathe do exist. They accept the flaws/criticism and don't get instantly offended when someone brings them up.

Though, some fans are the exact opposite and are more vocal, ruining it for the rest of us.

Jul 16, 2012 8:46 PM

Not a fanbase per-say but certain fans who are way too outspoken and annoying that ruin everything for everyone else. And then the other fans who generalize an entire group based on the few people that they met from that particular group of fans.
Modified by Seven, Jul 16, 2012 8:53 PM

Jul 16, 2012 9:23 PM

MAL's Fairy Tail fanbase is pretty bad.

Jul 16, 2012 9:36 PM

Enjolras1830 said:
lisnoire said:
Enjolras1830 said:
lisnoire said:
danieltousey said:

hey i seen it to
very sadly true

It's not that sad really, the show wasn't that good.

Jul 16, 2012 11:17 PM

i hate these "fans." makes me kinda humiliated as an anime fan sometimes.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Jul 17, 2012 12:21 AM

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica-This fanbase can be really ugh at times, especially the ones who think everything in Madoka has NEVER been done before, and it's a 100% perfect show.

N00bs these days that are unaware of how you can't confirm originality unless you've seen EVERYTHING that came before it. Many are unaware of so many older titles that used elements Madoka already has.

-One Piece-They can get too passionate at times.
-Naruto
-Bleach
-Fairy Tail-This one can be ugh as well, and I see so many reviews written by this fanbase that aren't even reviews. They're like 5 sentences of "This show is so perfect. It's my favorite anime, watch it now!" without going into stuff like the characters, the story, the animation, why they feel the story is good, and more things.

I wonder how things would be if most had tried Groove Adventure Rave beforehand...

That's all I got.
Modified by BigOnAnime, Jul 17, 2012 12:25 AM

Jul 17, 2012 12:27 AM

NK_500 said:
Negative-Travis said:
noyoureinsane said:
Hetalia: Axis Powers

I'm in the "Every anime can/does have its share of horrible fans" camp, but the most aggravating conversations I've had have been with Hetelia fanboys/-girls. I remember talking to one girl in particular (about 14, I believe) who told me a story about how her and a few friends stayed up for days on end, without eating, waiting for a new episode or something. I'm still baffled as to why anyone would do such a thing.

That's really sucks, I mean for them because I NEVER met a single Narutard actually do that. Hetalia fangirls are equivalent of Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber fangirls.

I actually came on here to see if anyone else was gonna say something about Hetalia, aha. But seriously? I mean, wow. I think the series is hilarious and yeah, I have a few ships but to take it to such extremes..

Have you heard about the conflict that happened between the Hetalia and Homestuck fandom? I'm pretty sure it was a Hetalia fangirl that started it, too.

Jul 17, 2012 12:31 AM

Roloko said:
Suzune-chan said:

I actually like it when they do that its fun reading about their wall-o-text theories and how they pay attention to details that could come in handy later on in the story. ^_^

Fall in love with all the characters then watch them fall apart/go insane/die ruthlessly then get back to me.

Though the fact that a lot of them go so far into detail with so many little things does get pretty extreme at times. My dash is always full of it this time of month anyways.

Jul 17, 2012 12:34 AM

Riptos said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Makes me a sad panda.

Nah I kid...everyone is entitled to an opinion =)

Don't take me too seriously, even I enjoy ecchi sometimes ;)

Jul 17, 2012 12:49 AM

noyoureinsane said:

That, and Kuroshitsuji.

Jul 17, 2012 12:54 AM

Momoto-chan said:
noyoureinsane said:

That, and Kuroshitsuji.

Forgot about that one. The yaoi fangirls in this fandom are so irritating and unbearable. Not to mention I can't scroll through the Kuroshitsuji tag on tumblr without having every other picture consisting of Sebastian raping Ciel.

Remember, if it's yaoi rape, then it's hot.

Jul 17, 2012 1:05 AM
Bleach and Narutards. They look at me evilly when the topic of anime pops up in conversations.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~

Jul 17, 2012 2:15 AM
NoobHunterD said:
I hate these "fans." makes me kinda humiliated as an anime fan sometimes.
Haha, I can understand.

At this topic, the thing that comes up in my mind firstly is Beatnik's expression in his profile, "If I ever end up like this, kill me." I really agree with him in the sense he means to express. Those so-called fans remind me of Justin Bieber fangirls, too. Damn, are they all annoying or what.

Some of the worst fans I've met in the world of anime are of course Narutards. Fate/Stay Night's fans, even.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »