Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) « First ... « 33 34 [35]

Sep 30, 2013 2:08 AM

samishime said:
Yeah definitely Madoka fans (for the most part) they hold the show to too high of a regard when it really didn't do much. The same can be said for hardcore Attack on Titan fans who won't allow any hard criticism on the show. But for the most part, it doesn't really matter to me what shows people like (unless it's like code geass...) and most people aren't that hardcore with their anime.

What's wrong about Code Geass (I didn't watch it yet)?
'The angels will return. And when you see the one that's meant to help you, you will weep with joy.'

Sep 30, 2013 2:15 AM

Nux_Walpurgis said:
samishime said:
Yeah definitely Madoka fans (for the most part) they hold the show to too high of a regard when it really didn't do much. The same can be said for hardcore Attack on Titan fans who won't allow any hard criticism on the show. But for the most part, it doesn't really matter to me what shows people like (unless it's like code geass...) and most people aren't that hardcore with their anime.

What's wrong about Code Geass (I didn't watch it yet)?

Second season is one hell of a train wreck.

Sep 30, 2013 2:19 AM

yhunata said:
You know what? I'm starting to see what you guys mean by bad HxH fans.

The fanbase was better before the success of the 2011 anime. I am a great fan of HxH, but even I must admit that a lot of the fans are annoying.

Sep 30, 2013 2:31 AM

samishime said:
Yeah definitely Madoka fans (for the most part) they hold the show to too high of a regard when it really didn't do much.

That's the point of being a fan maybe? Seriously what do you mean?

Sep 30, 2013 2:52 AM

jal90 said:
samishime said:
Yeah definitely Madoka fans (for the most part) they hold the show to too high of a regard when it really didn't do much.

That's the point of being a fan maybe? Seriously what do you mean?

I'd like to know that too.
'The angels will return. And when you see the one that's meant to help you, you will weep with joy.'

Sep 30, 2013 3:03 AM

Madoka wasn't even that bad. The art and music were awesome even if the rest can be arguable.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Sep 30, 2013 8:36 AM
samishime said:

I think in my earliest days when I explained why I disliked Madoka I got railed for explaining my points candidly...

Shame Nanoha trumps it on multiple levels for me.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.

Sep 30, 2013 8:38 AM

Dear God, Can this thread just die.

Sep 30, 2013 8:40 AM

Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Look at the amount of pages, don't bet on it. And when someone makes a similar thread the mods will lock it and point them to this one.

Sep 30, 2013 8:41 AM
Tomoki_Sakurai said:

Not going to happen and if flame wars happen the mods just usually delete the posts.

Sep 30, 2013 11:19 AM

Rinshansan said:
samishime said:

I think in my earliest days when I explained why I disliked Madoka I got railed for explaining my points candidly...

I understand where the people who say something like Cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor Moon are coming from but Nanoha? Really? Next someone's going to come in here and say Day Break Illusion is better than the entirety of Precure.

Sep 30, 2013 11:55 AM

SaberKino said:
Rinshansan said:
samishime said:

I understand where the people who say something like Cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor Moon are coming from but Nanoha? Really? Next someone's going to come in here and say Day Break Illusion is better than the entirety of Precure.

That's a fairly common opinion I'd say. Nanoha was an amazing series, though I've yet to watch Strikers, so I can't speak for it's entirety, but I've loved what I've seen so far.

Sep 30, 2013 12:03 PM

I still get annoyed by SAO's fandom, claiming that it's the best anime evurrr. -_-

Sep 30, 2013 12:57 PM

Kalypze said:
I still get annoyed by SAO's fandom, claiming that it's the best anime evurrr. -_-

The Attack On Titan fans do the same thing too, unfortunately -.-

Sep 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
Kalypze said:

But doesn't every fanbase/fandom do that?
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.

Sep 30, 2013 2:50 PM

BallsOfShinji said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Kalypze said:

Being a fan of multiple series would result in an error then.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Sep 30, 2013 4:19 PM
Now it would be:

-Attack On Titan
-Madoka Magica
and I have a feeling it will be RWBY soon, but not sure.

Sep 30, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 30, 2013 5:28 PM

I hear Naruto fans are incredibly obnoxious, any truth to that?

Sep 30, 2013 5:32 PM

Gamudan said:

it use to be that way but a lot of them are jumping off that train wreck of a series
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”

Sep 30, 2013 5:43 PM
hazerddex said:
Gamudan said:

it use to be that way but a lot of them are jumping off that train wreck of a series

They're moving to SAO and SNK because they've been told Naruto sucks but keep that mentality with them.

Sep 30, 2013 8:03 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
SaberKino said:
Rinshansan said:

That's a fairly common opinion I'd say. Nanoha was an amazing series, though I've yet to watch Strikers, so I can't speak for it's entirety, but I've loved what I've seen so far.
Sorry, but as someone who's seen a bit of mahou shoujo Nanoha just seems like bland otaku bait to me (And I don't use that term often). I can't think of a single thing that Nanoha does better than any magical girl anime. I mean, why not Princess Tutu?
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:06 PM

Sep 30, 2013 8:17 PM

SaberKino said:
Dark_Chaos said:
SaberKino said:

Sorry, but as someone who's seen a bit of mahou shoujo Nanoha just seems like bland otaku bait to me (And I don't use that term often). I can't think of a single thing that Nanoha does better than any magical girl anime. I mean, why not Princess Tutu?

you clearly have not seen the movies then :| also judging by the fact you probaly only watch 5 episdoes of the first season i think you don't have the right to label people when you don't have a clue about the sereis.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:07 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.”

Sep 30, 2013 8:18 PM

SaberKino said:
Dark_Chaos said:
SaberKino said:

I think what I found good in Nanoha is the theme about family. A's clearly show it with how Hayate and Wolkenreiter interact. Though don't take my word too much since I'm only LV.1 at magical girl in mal.oko.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:08 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Sep 30, 2013 8:33 PM

hazerddex said:
SaberKino said:
Dark_Chaos said:

you clearly have not seen the movies then :| also judging by the fact you probaly only watch 5 episdoes of the first season i think you don't have the right to label people when you don't have a clue about the sereis.
I don't see it going very far. And from what I've heard nothing much changes.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:09 PM

Sep 30, 2013 11:12 PM
every single overrated anime out there.
maybe hetalia fans ?

Sep 30, 2013 11:20 PM
Dunno if I posted in here before, but the fans of spin off gundams are pretty bad. Mostly the 00 and wing fanboys.

Sep 30, 2013 11:41 PM

"Free". Teenage girls (usually on the younger side of 'teen') who squeal over how hot the guys are or what their favorite yaoi parings is. It doesn't help that the show is also awful and pandering to those types of people.

Sep 30, 2013 11:48 PM

Veronin said:
"Free". Teenage girls (usually on the younger side of 'teen') who squeal over how hot the guys are or what their favorite yaoi parings is. It doesn't help that the show is also awful and pandering to those types of people.

You should see the reverse harem fandoms. They justify the actions of the guys solely on the arbitrary opinion that they are outright sexy.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 1, 2013 12:21 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Veronin said:

You should see the reverse harem fandoms. They justify the actions of the guys solely on the arbitrary opinion that they are outright sexy.

Are you.... serious?
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 1, 2013 7:08 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Veronin said:

F-Finally someone who understands my fears... I think that they originated from Death Note. They fell in love with Kira, and as such, they became someone screwed up. Which led to their justification of any horrific actions coming from the "Sexy-Sexy BoDiez-DeSu!!!!!"
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:15 PM
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.

Oct 1, 2013 7:45 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Veronin said:

And they complain about how "gross" male fans of harem ecchi anime are.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:16 PM
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants

Oct 1, 2013 8:00 AM
seikipunch said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Veronin said:

And they complain about how "gross" male fans of harem ecchi anime are.

Or just any anime that has "moe" in general when really their guys are classified as "moe" to them when they think it applies to only cute girls.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:16 PM

Oct 1, 2013 8:08 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Veronin said:

stop exaggerating.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Railgun fans can be really obnoxious.

Oct 1, 2013 9:40 AM

SaberKino said:
Dark_Chaos said:
SaberKino said:

Well for one, Nanoha is darker than your typical Mahou Shouho. Not as dark as Madoka where they kill everyone off or make them go insane, but dark enough that you can actually take it seriously and feel for the characters, and that's just one of the things that makes it so great. The other is the family theme and the close bonds all the characters have. There is also the amazing visuals in the movie adaptations, and from what I've heard, no other Mahou Shoujo other than Nanoha and Madoka are dark in the slightest. Feel free to correct me on that last part though if I'm wrong though.
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:12 PM

Oct 1, 2013 9:48 AM
Dark_Chaos said:
and from what I've heard, no other Mahou Shoujo other than Nanoha and Madoka are dark in the slightest. Feel free to correct me on that last part though if I'm wrong though.

There's a few others. Princess Tutu, Uta Kata and the recently finished airing Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

Oct 1, 2013 10:09 AM

BallsOfShinji said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Kalypze said:

They could say it's "their favorite anime evurrr" or something like that but not "IT'S the best anime evurrr. Period". I, for example, say "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is MY favorite anime (ever/of all time)" because I'm pretty sure it isn't the best anime "evurrr".

Beside the fact that saying there is one overall "best anime ever" is basically impossible because even saying (insert top rated anime like Bebop or whatever here) is the best anime ever is just an opinion.

Oct 1, 2013 10:45 AM

Nux_Walpurgis said:
BallsOfShinji said:
Dark_Chaos said:

They could say it's "their favorite anime evurrr" or something like that but not "IT'S the best anime evurrr. Period". I, for example, say "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is MY favorite anime (ever/of all time)" because I'm pretty sure it isn't the best anime "evurrr".

Beside the fact that saying there is one overall "best anime ever" is basically impossible because even saying (insert top rated anime like Bebop or whatever here) is the best anime ever is just an opinion.

Yeah same I personally have a few favourites whilst the one that I find to be the best anime changes so regularly I just have a top five which rotate
Modified by Aversa, Oct 1, 2013 3:18 PM
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.

Oct 1, 2013 11:09 AM

RLinksoul said:
Dark_Chaos said:
and from what I've heard, no other Mahou Shoujo other than Nanoha and Madoka are dark in the slightest. Feel free to correct me on that last part though if I'm wrong though.

There's a few others. Princess Tutu, Uta Kata and the recently finished airing Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

Ahh, I see. My bad then. But my point was that there don't seem to be many, and Kino was asking what sets it apart from the rest.

Oct 1, 2013 11:12 AM

Madoka mayby...
Or SAO...
Yaoi from Naruto (or really people .-.)..... and not only yaoi ;/
We're all mad here

Oct 1, 2013 11:13 AM
otaking
Dark_Chaos said:
RLinksoul said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Ahh, I see. My bad then. But my point was that there don't seem to be many, and Kino was asking what sets it apart from the rest.

and by the Standerds of its time some sencses in the final few epiosdes of of the last season of Saloir moon could be called dark
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Oct 1, 2013 12:39 PM
SNK sheep from Kill La Kill as well as its haters
SAO sheep from Log Horizon as well as its haters

Funny because they're blinded that the anime they're choosing to overhype or blast isn't remotely similar to what they've watched before.

Oct 1, 2013 4:06 PM

Narutards, kyo ani/key fanatics, HxHtards(even though I'm one of them), classic anime fans since everything new is moeshit and we're fags for liking it, more recently SnK, and much more.

Every fanbase got their crazy fanatics, the problem is when they out-number or are more vocal than the normal fans.

Oct 1, 2013 11:48 PM

All fandoms have their bad sides

Oct 2, 2013 4:31 AM

Discussion about other fandoms has gone off the rail to just passing stereotypes against other groups and dividing the community. Please make sure to follow the rule not to "Intentionally angering specific members or social groups." More can be seen here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059&show=0#post2

Thread Locked

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) « First ... « 33 34 [35]