Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2012 5:28 PM
Sep 2011
It's no surprise that fandoms can get a little crazy, but sometimes they take things to such immense levels that it makes you wonder if these people are even human.

Take the Otaku of Japan who are rabid K-On fans. If a voice actress so much as gets near a person of the male gender, it taints the purity of said otaku's waifu and therefor the character is a two timing slut and the VA receives death threats.

I don't even like the Haruhi Suzumiya or Lucky Star franchises and I would hug Aya Hirano if I saw her. The crap this poor woman goes through under the label of "Scandal Seiyuu" is just too much.

There was a nice lady on Deviantart who is an admitted Madoka Magica fan. She DARED to make a stamp stating that all of the storytelling conventions and plot twists of the series had been done by Sailor Moon long ago, which is in no way bashing the series. The sheer level of trolling and threats from hardcore Madoka fans caused her to first disable comments on that and any other Madoka fanart she had, then delete the stamp altogether, then it reached a point where she had to remove her entire dA account.

If we weren't talking about anime, I'm sure the MLP and Sonic fandoms would win for sure.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2012 5:45 PM

May 2008
RLinksoul said:
Take the Otaku of Japan who are rabid K-On fans. If a voice actress so much as gets near a person of the male gender, it taints the purity of said otaku's waifu and therefor the character is a two timing slut and the VA receives death threats.

That's... hilarious. I feel like I'm reading an excerpt from The Onion.

Sorry, I don't have any examples to contribute. Don't really read much about fans, but I'm definitely watching this thread for a good laugh at least.
Jul 15, 2012 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

has one of the most insufferable fanbases, ever. Seriously, they're even worse than NGE's.
Jul 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Welshy said:
Hahahaha he puts it on the rides. This guys a legend, I cracked up when he ordered two meals.

I don't get how people can get this serious though...
http://shii.org/knows/Waifu
I was always pretty accepting of the concept of waifu, but this solidified it for me.

I can't personally think of any insufferable fanbases, although I feel personally concerned by the inclusion of the k-on fanbase. I hang around a lot of k-on fans on the internet, and I can say that I haven't yet met someone who didn't make the distinction between their waifu and her seiyuu. Probably because I'm not japanese, but then it's still only taking an abhorrent data from the set and making it an example.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Jul 15, 2012 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Most anime has it's terrible fans. But the ones that annoy me most are the ones who like to spoil shit which is a problem i've had with other One Piece fans in the past.
Jul 15, 2012 6:13 PM

Jun 2010
shairn said:
I was always pretty accepting of the concept of waifu, but this solidified it for me.

interesting ! :]
but i think he's better off with a game character, at least he could have a "scripted" convo with her but that means no dates. awwww.. oh, he could bring the player. O.o
Jul 15, 2012 6:19 PM

May 2009
Clannad, apparently I am a terrible person for not rating it a ten and the person was shocked that it didn't bring world peace. You will not know shit about this anime until you watch ALL of it! If you stop, don't post about it, you need to marathon the hell out of he anime and if you do and still don't rate it a ten, you a bad person.

I'm never posting in those Clannad forums again.
Jul 15, 2012 6:19 PM

Jun 2007
I vote Steins and Clannad fans.
Jul 15, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2009
Narutards, Bleach and One Piece fans who think nothing can possibly top these stale pieces of crap.

Also K-ON fans really aggravate me, especially when they think K-ON is the best thing since sliced bread with "great" characters and "plot!"
Jul 15, 2012 6:22 PM

Jul 2007
Riptos said:
Narutards, Bleach and One Piece fans who think nothing can possibly top these stale pieces of crap.

Also K-ON fans really aggravate me, especially when they think K-ON is the best thing since sliced bread with "great" characters and "plot!"

K-ON fans who claim that it has great characters and great plot need to shut up and stay that way.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 15, 2012 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
Anime with the Worst Fandoms?

It would be easier to mention fandoms that aren't fanatic to some degree, especially if you don't share their interest

Though, if I had to pick one in general it would be Touhou, due to their sheer 'dedication' to the series
Manga Sorted By Theme                         Anime Sorted By Theme
Jul 15, 2012 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
Neane1993 said:

has one of the most insufferable fanbases, ever. Seriously, they're even worse than NGE's.

I'm a fan of both. How insulting... Seriously, though. Both fanbases can be..bothersome.

Edit: Looked at your favorites. Oh, okay.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2012 6:31 PM
Mar 2011
Top five worse[ i know there is fans in all of these sub sest of Otaku but most are Highly illogical
5 Obsessives of the so Called big three
4 Yoai Fan Girls
3 People over 20 who Bacame fans after 2002 [ Cuase thay bash stuff thay grew up with for the only reason its old]
2 Moe fans who think the style and Story of Moe anime are the Pinnce of art in anime
1 Kyoto Animation Fans Brats i
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 15, 2012 6:56 PM

Feb 2012
The VN audience.

Also Gundam fans, but only because of fan wars. They don't bother other people. Worst are the 08th MS purists.
Jul 15, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
shin_caroline said:
shairn said:

interesting ! :]
but i think he's better off with a game character, at least he could have a "scripted" convo with her but that means no dates. awwww.. oh, he could bring the player. O.o
There is a dating sim that allows you to customize the character you're dating, although I doubt it's possible making a likeness for every anime character out there. Besides, I hear the game mechanics are actually quite complex.

I could talk about this all day, but we're getting off-topic.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Jul 15, 2012 7:19 PM

Sep 2010
Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji yaoi fanbrats who hate all women in these series cause they get in the way of Ciel/Alois, Ciel/Sebastian, Hibari/Mukuro, or any male paring with Tsuna.

The Shirley and Lelouch/Shirley fanbase...well the more vocal and diehard part of it to be exact. Why you might ask? Cause never in all the years I have been on the internet (since 2006) was I ever this bashed/flamed on so much for hating an single character and paring while loving the character who destoryed everything between the two. Some lulzy remarks I got from these fans "I hope you die and burn in hell cause you deserve since you like that rag/It" "OMG *insert spoiler here* you deserve to be tortured and killed for liking Rolo." "I bet your ugly and a faggot just like Rolo is." Lets just say I avoid most of this fanbase unless I know they will respect my opinions and we can find something else we both love and have in common.

Then again the whole shipping war revolving around Lelouch/Shirley,CC,Kallen is pretty lame I support Lelouch/Harem (as long as Shirley isn't in it and Euphie is in her place instead) and Rolo/Harem with Suzaku and Gino being Sunohara to Rolo and Lelouch's Tomoya. So that way everyone wins.

Gundam elitist who claim that everything outside of UC is either a ripoff or shit and thinking they are superior cause they like the original timeline.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 15, 2012 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
Hetalia: Axis Powers
Jul 15, 2012 8:02 PM

Jan 2010
No specific anime, but shipping fans kinda annoy me when they get...enthusiastic.
Jul 15, 2012 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
I'd say final fantasy and tales of fans are just the purest essence of retarded. I wish i didnt like both series so much so i wouldnt deal with these morons

Also mass effect fans are really really bad especially after this ME3 ending BS, It astonishes me how a game with so many flaws and the one thing they rag on was something that only took up 5 minutes.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 15, 2012 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
The fans I can't stand are the "Robotech/Super Dimension Fortress Macross/Genesis Climber Mospeada/Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross" purists that bash Carl Macek and Harmony Gold all the while complaining about the destruction of the integrity of the story line (yeah it got messed up, get over it) but when you point out that "Hey at least we got to watch it, long before Anime was popularized BECAUSE of the efforts of people like Macek" they get really pissy and whiny.

I don't disagree that the continuity/story/names/point of the show was fubar(ed). But when I was a 16 y/o and the series hit the American networks, I didn't care about that. I loved the music and woke up early everyday for an entire summer vacation to dutifully watch every damn episode to see what happened next.

If you feel so compassionately about Macross, then why aren't you screaming about "Beast King Go Lion and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV?" That show got butchered worse than Macross did.

All that said, I do prefer the Japanese original over the American "Robotech". But I don't obsess over it. That would be like getting pissed about Space Battleship Yamato being brought to the states and dubbed. At least we got to experience it. Things sure have changed in 30 years. I am happy for it. But when this all started we were just happy to see anything at all. Like Akira (dubbed). And Appleseed (with no subtitles) from Books Nippon.
My dream job is to be the Penny Press Operator at the US Mint; Just so I can come home every day to my significant other and say "Honey, I made cents ALL day long!"

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
Jul 15, 2012 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I'd say final fantasy and tales of fans are just the purest essence of retarded. I wish i didnt like both series so much so i wouldnt deal with these morons

Also mass effect fans are really really bad especially after this ME3 ending BS, It astonishes me how a game with so many flaws and the one thing they rag on was something that only took up 5 minutes.

Oh this is for animes with worst fandoms? well all those i mentioned have a anime so fuck it that counts, plus their fanbases are just that bad(yes ME is getting anime)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 15, 2012 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
Anime with the worst fandom?Sounds like you're implying there is such a thing as an anime with the "best" fandom.
All fandoms of anything are equally good & bad to me.Be it anime,video games,sports,TV shows,movies,comics,big multimedia franchises etc...etc..E.T.C.They have their good fans & have their bad fans because they're filled with humans.

Anyway,I have yet to actually interact with the bad apples of any anime fandoms.I may have & just don't bother to remember.I wonder how much I can laugh at their BS....

Riptos said:

Like I said,"Laugh at their BS".
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 15, 2012 8:30 PM

Feb 2012
shin_caroline said:
THIS.

he he he he he ~ >_<
i felt sorry for the pillow. nah, i kid. O.O

That was just too funny. That guys is awesome, making the pillow ride the thing and he even bought it a meal. Seriously! AHAH !

You just made my day shin! :)
Jul 15, 2012 8:32 PM

Dec 2011
I think LN and VN players are incredibly annoying at times(I read/play both, but 'm not stupid enough to think that an anime could possibly cover every fucking path of a VN, or manage to tell every little side story of a LN). As for specific series...One Piece fans are the worst out of the Big Three, just because Bleach and Naruto fans are more like, "I don't care what people say, I still love it," while One Piece fans (Not all of them, but if you lash out at me you're probably one of the ones I'm talking about) are like, "Fuck all that other shit One Piece be the best ever and *insert statistic of how well One Piece sells in Japan* so it is clearly God tier."
Jul 15, 2012 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
No particular anime but just fans who can't accept it when someone doesn't like what they like.
Jul 15, 2012 8:59 PM
Nov 2010
Stein's Gate
Jul 15, 2012 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
elfen lied
Jul 15, 2012 9:04 PM
Jun 2012
All fantards who get butthurt when they see negative opinions about an anime that they like.
Jul 15, 2012 9:06 PM

Dec 2011
Tikeio said:
All fantards who get butthurt when they see negative opinions about an anime that they like.

To be honest I think they are a level beyond worst but I still agree.
Jul 15, 2012 9:19 PM

Feb 2012
Any fandom of anything popular can be a candidate for 'worst'. It just so happens that the fanatics/fanboys of every fandom are the loudest and most annoying. The bigger the anime, the 'worse' the fandom becomes.
Jul 15, 2012 9:25 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
Any fandom of anything popular can be a candidate for 'worst'. It just so happens that the fanatics/fanboys of every fandom are the loudest and most annoying. The bigger the anime, the 'worse' the fandom becomes.

This. There are sane people out there who can still enjoy a series (even popular ones), but the psycho fanatics tend to ruin the experience and give the fandom a bad name.
Jul 15, 2012 9:28 PM
Nov 2010
Fate Zero
Jul 15, 2012 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
Tikeio said:

This
Jul 15, 2012 9:49 PM

Sep 2009
Definitely Code Geass. I haven't ever gotten involved with fandoms of those bigger series, but I didn't even have to involved in CG's fandom to get a bunch of hate from those diehard fans.

I had Suzaku in my favorite characters for a while (and quite frankly I removed him because of the length of CG's name and the fact that it added a new line and threw off the order ajglfkdjhlh---) and some humorous kid told me that he wished he knew where I lived so he could murder me.
Jul 15, 2012 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
Neane1993 said:

--Oh, we can get pretty tiresome tiresome too.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jul 15, 2012 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
noyoureinsane said:

that's such a good one. +1

Jul 15, 2012 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
danieltousey said:
T . . . . like getting pissed about Space Battleship Yamato being brought to the states and dubbed. At least we got to experience it. . . . .
--You've actually seen SBY!!!!!!!!? Thank the Gods. I was feeling SO alone.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jul 15, 2012 10:06 PM

Jan 2012
Hetalia. 90% of them are preteen girls who just want to see their favorite bishies. Only very few of them watch it for jokes, satire, etc.
---
Jul 15, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
noyoureinsane said:

I'm in the "Every anime can/does have its share of horrible fans" camp, but the most aggravating conversations I've had have been with Hetelia fanboys/-girls. I remember talking to one girl in particular (about 14, I believe) who told me a story about how her and a few friends stayed up for days on end, without eating, waiting for a new episode or something. I'm still baffled as to why anyone would do such a thing.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 15, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2012
Negative-Travis said:
noyoureinsane said:

I'm in the "Every anime can/does have its share of horrible fans" camp, but the most aggravating conversations I've had have been with Hetelia fanboys/-girls. I remember talking to one girl in particular (about 14, I believe) who told me a story about how her and a few friends stayed up for days on end, without eating, waiting for a new episode or something. I'm still baffled as to why anyone would do such a thing.

That's really sucks, I mean for them because I NEVER met a single Narutard actually do that. Hetalia fangirls are equivalent of Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber fangirls.
---
Jul 15, 2012 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
NK_500 said:
That's really sucks, I mean for them because I NEVER met a single Narutard actually do that. Hetalia fangirls are equivalent of Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber fangirls.

At least they aren't being scammed with rings and bad music.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jul 15, 2012 10:49 PM

Jul 2012
Negative-Travis said:
noyoureinsane said:

I have/had a friend who is a hetatard and she got mad when I complained about her cosplaying S. Italy. I mean sure was the last day of school and but still I think their could have been been better cosplay choices than that, And the worst thing is that my friend told her what I said and so we left on bad terms and I have no idea what went on. I like Hetalia cuz it's funny, but she is in it for the hardcore yaoi. She showed me one of her pokemon games and her character is a guy named Authur and she also RP's in a very, lets say "risque" tone

But yes Hetalia fans are probably the worst anime fandom. I mean they're like weeaboos who just send a bad idea for non-obsessive anime fans to everyone. I do my best but there is only so much I can do by myself.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." -Theodore Sturgeon
Jul 15, 2012 11:32 PM
May 2012
Roloko said:
Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji yaoi fanbrats who hate all women in these series cause they get in the way of Ciel/Alois, Ciel/Sebastian, Hibari/Mukuro, or any male paring with Tsuna.

The Shirley and Lelouch/Shirley fanbase...well the more vocal and diehard part of it to be exact. Why you might ask? Cause never in all the years I have been on the internet (since 2006) was I ever this bashed/flamed on so much for hating an single character and paring while loving the character who destoryed everything between the two. Some lulzy remarks I got from these fans "I hope you die and burn in hell cause you deserve since you like that rag/It" "OMG *insert spoiler here* you deserve to be tortured and killed for liking Rolo." "I bet your ugly and a faggot just like Rolo is." Lets just say I avoid most of this fanbase unless I know they will respect my opinions and we can find something else we both love and have in common.

Then again the whole shipping war revolving around Lelouch/Shirley,CC,Kallen is pretty lame I support Lelouch/Harem (as long as Shirley isn't in it and Euphie is in her place instead) and Rolo/Harem with Suzaku and Gino being Sunohara to Rolo and Lelouch's Tomoya. So that way everyone wins.

Gundam elitist who claim that everything outside of UC is either a ripoff or shit and thinking they are superior cause they like the original timeline.

You nailed it!!!!
Jul 15, 2012 11:36 PM

Jan 2012
Splitter said:

K-ON fans who claim that it has great characters and great plot need to shut up and stay that way.

Amen. I couldn't even get through a few episodes of K-ON.
-___-

Hetalia fans get a bit out of control too. People at my school start to call themselves certain countries and I got dragged into it, and I'm thinking "I don't even watch that shit!"

Any Yaoi fans, I mean...ugh.
Jul 15, 2012 11:46 PM
May 2012
I'd say Hetalia as well. I love Hetalia, its one of my favorite shows. i like the jokes and the history and all that, but all of these crazy fangirls seriously believe that they can date a fictional character. I see that with a lot of shows, but with Hetalia i just don't get it.
Jul 15, 2012 11:57 PM

Jan 2012
WestyBOtaku said:
I'd say Hetalia as well. I love Hetalia, its one of my favorite shows. i like the jokes and the history and all that, but all of these crazy fangirls seriously believe that they can date a fictional character. I see that with a lot of shows, but with Hetalia i just don't get it.

Actually they are watching it for the bishies alone. The fangirls had turned it from an interesting(before I watched myself) seinen show with some political satire into a male moe show for girls.

Anyway Hetalia fandom in the internet really nauseating me. For example I stumbled upon too many Hetalia fanarts even my search query does no include anything related to Hetalia, and in tumblr too.

Ironically Hetalia is not the most popular show in MAL as only 26,000+ actually had it in their lists and I know why: 90% of the fans are too young to have a MAL account. Several years from now if the show still running, I'm not surprised it will explode as those girls grown up.
---
Jul 16, 2012 12:03 AM

Apr 2012
Death Note
Code Geass
Naruto
Bleach
Steins;Gate
Madoka
Clannad
K-ON
Sword Art Online
Fate/Zero

The list could go on but I'm tired.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 16, 2012 12:33 AM

Apr 2010
I also agree with Hetalia fans. I'm embarrassed to even admit to liking it.

For me it's really any show with a strong fujoshi following.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jul 16, 2012 12:48 AM

Mar 2008
agree with those who say hetalia.
zerochan is full of shounen ai hetalia pictures thanks to them <.<
kuroko no basket is starting to go the same way..

also, when I read something like this
Elitists don't make mistakes

I cringe. If it's supposed to be a joke, it's not even funny..
Vanessa-Jul 16, 2012 1:20 AM
Jul 16, 2012 2:08 AM

May 2010
I agree with Hetalia. I watched it because many people around were saying how great, funny and original it is. And well... It's not that bad, some jokes are actually funny, but I expected more :|
And i think that most of Hetards are girls 12-14, yaoi fans. It's hard for me, because I really like shounen-ai and yaoi things too, but some of those are just annoying. Things like Kuroshitsuji, Hetalia, Uta no Prince-sama and every single anime with more than one bishie after airing are EVERYWHERE thanks to those girls. Fanarts, fanfics etc. etc.
And after some time I see pairings like Zoro x Sanji or Shizuo x Izaya. Which is a little sad for me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (35) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

21 by Zimmu »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

195 by TitanOfPlasma »»
2 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 5 minutes ago

0 by Cyborgium »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

58 by Vendicator »»
8 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

16 by Vendicator »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.