3It was OK
16.3%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.3
289 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 15, 2012 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The long awaited episode 3. Since the last arc finished, we are into a new one now. Not only do we get a new character, we also get to poke fun at the re-emergence of BL manga (and thus, the fujoshi smitten with it)

Not much fairy action here until the end of this episode, just as watashi had feared. Waiting for next episode.

Also, poor assistant. A cute shonen in a house full of BL crazy girls.... I would have locked myself in, too. And nailed the door shut as well. Better safe than sorry.

I only gave this ep 4/5 because this was just a setup, even though I had to smirk at quite a few of the references. Also, watashi's deadpan snarker thoughts never fail to get to me.
WordsmithJul 15, 2012 9:44 AM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 15, 2012 10:01 AM
Jun 2012
The idea that BL manga started a manga renaissance is really hilarious and amazing. This show continues to amaze me.
Jul 15, 2012 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
Trapping inside a space with other two people.

Winter now. Sawashiro-san's character is female soldier? lol~ she's into drawing BL Doujins!! Wow @ the fan letters. And fans making more doujins!! Manga revolution for girls.

When no more transportation, there are many fans coming to buy the doujin themselves, which scared assistant. Wow, it's also competition of different magazines.

A notebook that traps people in another space. lol @ the splash word when doujin mangaka was shocked.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 15, 2012 10:18 AM

Mar 2012
"Rosuto tekunoroji! Iie, rosuto Tekunikku" *-*
Jul 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
I love this so much~! Best episode for me so far, manga renaissance just cracks me up so hard :D I absolutely adore this show. And the ED is as amazing as always!<3

I'm dying to see the next episode ~ :3

5/5
Jul 15, 2012 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
Another great episode. This show is amazing!

The manga renaissance was hilarious. The dark, satirical humor is wonderfully prevalent yet again. I can't wait for the next episode!

As long as Jinrui's incredible consistency doesn't falter too badly, it will likely end as one of my favorites of the year.
Jul 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
Great start to a new arc. It seems the subject this time, past the BL manga facade, can be extended to the entertainment industry, and more broadly, all subcultures. The humor is great as usual. This show remains eccentric and unique, definitely one of the shows I anticipate most each week.
Jul 15, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode...can't wait for nxt where there should be some fairy action.

Poor assistant XD
Jul 15, 2012 10:49 AM

Dec 2009
This was absolutely hilarious. I loved how the plot line of that first manga pretty much contained every cliché of the genre in all its shameless ridicule. The fan letters were great as well, and the "Shock!" at the end was a perfect finisher. 5/5 episode.
Ara ara.
Jul 15, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
At least there's something normal found in this anime, those cliches for every manga in the BL genre were enjoyable and funny, I didn't expect manga of any kind to be rediscovered in a post apocalyptic world like this.

Jul 15, 2012 11:53 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yup they now entered the manga.... or should I say they broke the fourth wall and became aware that they are in a manga?

Which one is which?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 15, 2012 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
lol this episode was interesting

poor Assistant.. so much BL around

oh well, next episode might be good xDD
Jul 15, 2012 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
This show has been so consistent so far. Another excellent episode.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 15, 2012 12:58 PM

Mar 2008
OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
GENIUS! BRILLIANT!
"A slap in the face of society".

Jul 15, 2012 1:04 PM
Sep 2011
To think that the renaissance of manga was initiated by the violation of the right of property (at least it wasn't mentioned that the departed owner of the masion approved of his property getting confiscated by the government).

I suspect that once the fairies get to hear of the newly founded manga market the established human outlets will get swept off their feet since former ones have a huge advantage with their superior technology and presumably lower costs. Maybe this is the reason why human industries in general have ceased to florish?
Jul 15, 2012 1:38 PM
Mar 2011
This week's episode... the study of the re-introduction of the BL manga and comic convention culture into a world where human society is on the decline... wouldn't that just speed up the decline? lol
Jul 15, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Love it! The episode is great!

Right the moment the girl said:

"And technically, Sweet Love doesn't fall into my preferred genre.

... Yes, I'm rotten to the core"

R-18 yaoi is what came to my mind.
Jul 15, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Just gotta love Watashi's comments.
Jul 15, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
Eager to see the next episode.
Jul 15, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
''Ah! Manzines are such a beautiful thing~...except i don't buy any of that crap'' - LOL.Crap indeed.
It was another great episode, but:
Elite60 said:
Eager to see the next episode.

SHOKKU!
Jul 15, 2012 3:06 PM

Dec 2011
ho, ho, mo ;)

Nice little cliffhanger.
Jul 15, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2011
The human population is low, people are starving, fairies are the dominant species on earth, skinned chickens try to take over the world, still have time for a manga convention. Only in Japan.
Jul 15, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
I got this feeling next epsiode is.... XD
Jul 15, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
At the end of the episode she says that it was only an introduction lol
Jul 15, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2007
i seriously love this anime. once again, i can't believe i almost didn't give this a try.

Watashi's character is now my top favourite character. such loveable thoughts, and personality.

the dark comedy doesn't get tiring at all. or even the stupid bits like the "baan" at the end and having both characters just staring at it. just that is enough to get to me and make me spill whatever i'm drinking.

best. comedy. ever.
Jul 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Mar 2011
Another great episode
Manga resurrection is scary ":|
Jul 15, 2012 6:05 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep.

It was a great setup for next week. Can't wait!
Jul 15, 2012 6:25 PM

May 2010
Was....... ok but im think about droping,its funny and all but it just doesnt keep my attention all that well.
Jul 15, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
That ED is strangely addicting.
Jul 15, 2012 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
hahaha, Y was a fujoshi XD

Hilarious, the best ep till now XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 15, 2012 7:11 PM

May 2011
I do wonder who could be affording manga during the times they live in. But we just saw Y with her crazy car and the workers of before getting well-paying jobs from the chickens. So I guess there must be others out there who have managed to do something. There was the mention of vouchers for the vehicle. I assume they might go deeper into that. Maybe commentary on how so much circulation money might go the intangible route.

As a fan of bl material myself, I have to admit I got a big kick out of this. Somewhere between the stuff of dreams and nightmares surely. I loved how Y managed to deal with each thing coming her way but I doubt she'll be the one to get them out of this author insertion thanks to the fairies. :P
Jul 15, 2012 7:24 PM
Oct 2010
loving this show. it tops the ridiculous meter. poor assistant
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 15, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2010
SHOCK!

It was the awkward staring at it that got to me.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 15, 2012 8:32 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This episode was boring and relatively sane. No fairies or WTF moments. The first two episodes were much better. I hope the next episode gets back on track.
Jul 15, 2012 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
KingYoshi said:
This episode was boring and relatively sane. No fairies or WTF moments. The first two episodes were much better. I hope the next episode gets back on track.

I don't know how to say this, but I think you're missing the point.

Edit: Well, there's nothing wrong with enjoying it at face value. I just wouldn't expect every episode to deliver "WTF" moments, because that's not the purpose of the show.
JoshJul 15, 2012 8:55 PM
LoneWolf said:
Jul 15, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2010
Really enjoyed this ep! ^^
Jul 15, 2012 8:57 PM

Dec 2011
They converted those innocent girls into fujoshi!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2012 9:03 PM

Nov 2010
KingYoshi said:

Man, where's your sense of humor?

I wish some of those who pick up this show should have some intelligence, or at least find something funny or satirical about it and then enough to think about the messages and lessons it brings.

This isn't your average anime comedy.
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 15, 2012 9:05 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Post-Josh said:
KingYoshi said:

Edit: Well, there's nothing wrong with enjoying it at face value. I just wouldn't expect every episode to deliver "WTF" moments, because that's not the purpose of the show.

What is the point of this show exactly?

Don't mean to degrade anything, but "WTF" is the only reason I'm still watching this. Not my type of anime it seems.
Jul 15, 2012 9:09 PM

Nov 2010
1.) Social commentary
2.) Satire
3.) A "what-if" look at a possible post-civilization scenario (say, we might as well substitute the fairies with aliens).
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 15, 2012 9:24 PM

Apr 2010
BL has taken over the minds of young girls... again. lolol
Does this mean that Watashi and the everyone else trapped in the book have to make manga--with them as the characters?

Jinrui is hilarious. :D

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jul 15, 2012 9:29 PM

Mar 2012
I do love Watashi's comments xD. Aside from that, all of those BL lovers. A truly scary sight for straight men. Also I paid more attention to the ED this time, it actually was like a little timeline of humanity and the downfall of humanity. Very interesting to pay attention at least once.
Jul 15, 2012 9:39 PM
Sep 2010
I was hoping for more continuity, but this was still a great episode. Awesome series.
Jul 15, 2012 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
KingYoshi said:
Post-Josh said:
KingYoshi said:

Don't mean to degrade anything, but "WTF" is the only reason I'm still watching this. Not my type of anime it seems.

It's a satire. Almost every line is sarcastic and/or mocking some aspect of human tendency or society. That will include "WTF" moments at times, but the majority of it is more subtle, like in this past episode.

The best way to understand it is to understand the title. It's called Humanity is Declined, and the number of humans has literally declined, but this is purposefully misleading. There's a double meaning there, and what the show is actually about is the reduction of humanity in the human nature sense. In other words, the argument is that we're becoming less human. It's the fun and witty exploration of this idea that makes the show so great.
JoshJul 15, 2012 10:13 PM
LoneWolf said:
Jul 15, 2012 10:06 PM

May 2011
Miyuki as Y really fit her character.

And damn, they are trapped inside the manga!
Jul 15, 2012 10:40 PM
Jan 2011
It doesn't matter that humanity is almost extinct. Just keep selling yaoi.

But this episode was good indeed. I totally fell in love with Y. That's all I can say.

Some crap in the spoiler.

Jul 15, 2012 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
Post-Josh said:
KingYoshi said:
Post-Josh said:
KingYoshi said:

It's a satire. Almost every line is sarcastic and/or mocking some aspect of human tendency or society. That will include "WTF" moments at times, but the majority of it is more subtle, like in this past episode.

The best way to understand it is to understand the title. It's called Humanity is Declined, and the number of humans has literally declined, but this is purposefully misleading. There's a double meaning there, and what the show is actually about is the reduction of humanity in the human nature sense. In other words, the argument is that we're becoming less human. It's the fun and witty exploration of this idea that makes the show so great.

I'm just going to assume he/she is a little young or naive to get it. It's ok, you're never too old to learn :)
Jul 15, 2012 11:33 PM

Jan 2011
Shock!! another amazing episode but was there a preview or something that i'm missing that everyone is looking forward to next week so much?
Jul 15, 2012 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really becoming a fan of the color palette and style, it's a change from normal styles and that adds to the weirdness of the show already. The washed out colors really help the atmosphere. The best examples of this is probably the op, which i thought was so lame the first ep but really just completely fits now that I’ve watched a few episodes.

I love Kanbaru....I mean Y, her Seiyu is fantastic, I love her emotion and she just fits perfectly for this character. I just lover her inflections.

No fairies this week, which was a small disappointment, i want to know more about those creepy little things. There really isn't much more for me to say about this week. No fantastic jokes, or hilariousness. The huge fandom springing up for the BL manga was funny, and the tenacity of Y setting up her workshop in the mansion was silly as well. It was just all a set up though for the joke, so I'm looking forward to the punch line next week.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Jul 16, 2012 12:41 AM

Oct 2011
oh the fangirls ,they are every where,this was my fav ep sofear i did not like the other ones
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

118 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.