Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 17, 2012 4:49 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, Yuuka's side story was a good one and I'm looking forward to more, especially about the leader position that AKB got rid of.

akbfan said:
Please let there be a 2nd season..=__='
I'm going to be seriously mad if there's not one..

Although I would like it, I doubt it'll happen.
This season's budget was very low and there isn't enough love for this show.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 17, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2011
MasterMeNL said:

I think that there is enough love to make second season
- 7,990 - AKB0048 (both DVD and BD)
only thing is will they have time to be involved in the project
I would like to see it :)
Jul 17, 2012 8:32 AM
Mar 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Great episode, Yuuka's side story was a good one and I'm looking forward to more, especially about the leader position that AKB got rid of.

akbfan said:
Please let there be a 2nd season..=__='
I'm going to be seriously mad if there's not one..

I wouldn't say the budget is low..I think it's high average and it's animation isn't that bad compare to other real low budget like Sengoku Collection

And there's love for this show from int. fans. Even if japanese Otakus are being bitches about this show just because it's related to AKB, the sales are only a few hundred below Hyouka and it's over 7000 which is consider a hit in anime fandom. Usually BD with 5000 is good enough for 2nd season.

Like Dalek said..it just depend on if they have time..upcoming August is hell for AKB...
Jul 17, 2012 9:02 AM

Mar 2010
Truly beautiful episode. Just like I thought, Mamoru really likes Yuuka and the scene with her photo was incredibly well done. But the ending was sad. :-( I feel sorry for Nagisa, she's too hard on herself. Chieri is totally getting added to my favourite characters. I really admire how she can always tell how others feel and how she knows what to say to everyone. It's just a pity how she gets misunderstood most of the time.
Jul 17, 2012 5:31 PM

May 2008
this show is so emotional . Not enough for me to cry but still good enough i love it !

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 17, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
I wonder why Nagisa is being emo over her father refusing to be rescued when Yuuka's parents told her that DES wanted him to convince her to quit AKB0048, but he refused and decided to be locked up instead. Doesn't that show that he loves and supports her dream? Sure it put her parents in trouble, but they both support her. She should be fighting for both of them, not moping about it.

Well that's my rant on Nagisa. Her first major story since the beginning and she wastes it being the moping character. I hope she recovers the next episode because i really want to see her and Chieri sing "Nagisa no Cherry." On another not i like Yuuka's story. It's very sweet, albeit tragic at the end.
Jul 17, 2012 6:52 PM
Mar 2012
Vyudali said:
I wonder why Nagisa is being emo over her father refusing to be rescued when Yuuka's parents told her that DES wanted him to convince her to quit AKB0048, but he refused and decided to be locked up instead. Doesn't that show that he loves and supports her dream? Sure it put her parents in trouble, but they both support her. She should be fighting for both of them, not moping about it.

Well that's my rant on Nagisa. Her first major story since the beginning and she wastes it being the moping character. I hope she recovers the next episode because i really want to see her and Chieri sing "Nagisa no Cherry." On another not i like Yuuka's story. It's very sweet, albeit tragic at the end.

I think she feel responsible for putting him in there in the first place facing whatever punishments. She's 14..it's not like 14 yrs old have that much mental strength in the first place.
Jul 18, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2011
I'm still frustrated and hurt seeing Nagisa pressuring herself too much like this...

I was expecting the last PV to come out today, but still nowhere to be found. Or did they just decided not to...
Jul 18, 2012 9:43 AM
Mar 2012
Magito said:
I'm still frustrated and hurt seeing Nagisa pressuring herself too much like this...

I was expecting the last PV to come out today, but still nowhere to be found. Or did they just decided not to...

They're pretty inconsistent with the preview..or maybe since it's last ep, they're not going to release one :P
Jul 18, 2012 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
I feel like one more episode isn't enough to solve everything...

I felt so bad for Nagisa in this episode... I still hope she gets to do her solo some other time (Like in a second season...).
Jul 19, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2008
i was actually hopping this would end in nagisa being promted into the next generation Acchan, because, fuck, they´re so much alike...but its too soon, why didnt they maked this at least 24 ep long? were they experimenting or what?, sure, sounds stupid, guerrilla idols in a world where entreteinment is banned, for who knows what reason.... but it was cool! specially for akb fans like myself =D
really hoping they change they minds and do this 24 eps long(yeah, i'm expecting a miracle XD )
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 19, 2012 10:57 AM

Apr 2011
If they announce a 2nd season, I'll jump with joy.
Jul 21, 2012 5:26 AM

Apr 2011
They finally revealed the last pv. And its gonna be epic.

MagitoJul 21, 2012 7:09 AM
Jul 21, 2012 2:03 PM
Mar 2012

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/226690614044020736

Interesting...
He's one of the staff on AKB0048
Jul 22, 2012 5:16 AM

Apr 2011
akbfan said:

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/226690614044020736

Interesting...
He's one of the staff on AKB0048

His designs are great. I've seen his concept designs for akb0048, and it tells why he was hired.

Another interesting fact is he worked on Aria the Natural. Which is my favorite SOL anime.
Jul 23, 2012 10:42 PM

May 2011
Wow... this episode was great. There were so many dramatic and emotional moments that I've lost count. All 3 of the girls from Lancastar had their big moments this episode and it was great to watch. Shit really got intense at the end too, aww seeing Yuuka say her farewell was heartbreaking. So Mamoru was faithful afterall. And damn it Nagisa is blaming herself too much that she ended up losing her voice.

And wow so Takamina was still thinking about her situation and she's planning on graduating after this. :( Final ep looks like its gunna be real good.
Dec 10, 2012 1:01 PM

May 2009
I can't believe we've gone through three pages of posts and not once has anyone mentioned either iDOLM@STER or the term "throat cancer".

Anyway, onto the next episode!
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 26, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching in 1080p)

Love Kanata this whole episode. It shows why shes the captain of the understudies (taking charge and all that).

Nagisa is still too shy/scared. In an earlier episode it was mentioned that Acchan was very shy as well...

Chieri doesn't seem to know how to motivate people in a friendly way. I can't blame her for being so harsh to Nagisa... telling her not to quit until Chieri defeats her. She may come across as a bi*ch, but that's just her way of encouraging/pushing others to better themselves. (like when she jabbed Kanata in an earlier episode)

Concert was cut short, but we still have another episode! ^_^ Time for a tactical retreat.
Oct 29, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2011
Omigod that Yuuka's tear, that Mamoru!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
3rd time watching

Nagisa losing her voice is always difficult to watch... She looked really awesome at the beginning of the episode, slicing through that net... a bit out of character for her, but I guess that combat training has been worth it.
Jan 29, 2015 6:50 AM
Jan 2015
Late to the party, first view.

Just going to say that they resolved that cliff hanger rather anticlimactically. Not that I expected Orine to be crushed to death or anything, but it would have been a nice surprise. Not for a genre twist or anything, but it would contrast with the whole love and peace thing they have going with it. I can't tell if they aren't avoiding that main trope, for further character motivations, or giving in to the other in which no harm comes to the main cast.

Still enjoyed it. My version of the ending will always be Orine being crushed and the 77th all quitting due to the shock.
Sep 9, 2015 8:00 AM

May 2012
Lots of emotion this episode, especially near the ending and the ending song itself! Just great, really looking forward to see what the last episode of this first season will offer us!
May 8, 2021 12:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's so sad for Nagisa's father and her voice now because of the psychological impact, poor girl :(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jun 24, 2012

80 by povsuduvolosy »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2012

106 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 11, 2022 1:26 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 11 Discussion

akbfan - Jul 8, 2012

45 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

akbfan - Jul 1, 2012

54 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 11:49 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 17, 2012

60 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 2021 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.