Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2012 7:48 AM
Mar 2011
as tilte says but i ask you this why is this So under viewed thus as a result of low viewing is under rated at 6.86 the thing that shocks the most is its the most Real look [ art style wise] SOL made in recant years no moe here but its so under viewed
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 16, 2012 6:54 AM
Oct 2011
No moe nor ecchi nor fan-service SoL= not much views or low ratings, sadly that's the truth, there are lots of underrated SoL series out there with a different artwork than what people are used to, like this one.

Personally I didn't know something like this existed and it's relatively new and translated also, so I'm gonna give it a try, I'm interested in SoL like this one actually, I remember watching movies like this when I was younger, they were Ghibli movies iirc, I'm planning to re-watch them and watch all the other Ghibli movies when I have the chance.
Could you give me some other good SoL recommendations like this one? An anime or a manga doesn't matter as long as it's translated. (on my profile preferably to not spam the thread.)
Candor123Jul 16, 2012 7:32 AM
Jul 26, 2012 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
What has hurt the popularity of this show is the relatively long time it has taken to sub into English. Even though it ran in its entirety last year I believe, we are still waiting for the final two episodes. It does provide a really nostalgic feel for those of us who remember the sixties and it does paint a picture of what life was actually like for a typical family--but that might just be not exciting enough for some viewers.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 2, 2012 6:35 PM

May 2010
Finally I managed to finish this truly nice piece of series.
Can't wait for the last 2 episodes I ended up watching chinese sub. :I

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Monogatari Episode 11 Discussion

rodac - Jul 26, 2012

2 by chriskris91 »»
Jan 6, 2023 4:32 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Monogatari Episode 8 Discussion

rodac - May 28, 2012

2 by Berry-Vodka »»
Feb 9, 2020 10:06 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion

rodac - May 18, 2012

2 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 15, 2019 9:11 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Monogatari Episode 2 Discussion

Ousto - May 1, 2011

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 4, 2019 5:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Monogatari Episode 13 Discussion

rodac - Aug 15, 2012

5 by animefan8800 »»
Jan 28, 2018 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.