Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2008 7:34 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was surprised to see that episode 2 is already out, but it seems MBS premiered both episodes in a one hour block.

This episode takes Tear and Luke to Engeve, where they meet Ion, Jade, and Anise. Then we get the cheagle mini-storyline (and Mieu!). I'll be honest; I don't remember this part of the game terribly well so I'm not sure how close it was (other than it was the same general plot).

It was really great to see Jade and Ion animated ^^ (especially Jade using Indignation ... awesome ^__^). I found Anise to be kind of annoying, though ... it'll take me a while to get used to that voice.

It looks like we'll be seeing the god generals next episode (so, in two weeks).

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Oct 5, 2008 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
BEFORE ANYTHING THANK YOU TO THE GUY ABOVE ME FOR GUIDANCE SINCE HE PLAYED THE GAME! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN YOU HELPED ME! THANK YOU!

Saw this RAW. The story continues to be amazing! The magic is getting better! The cheagles are really cute creatures! Lucky Luke gets one to consider him as master even though he has a nasty character toward cheagles. The cheagles that comes with him is fire breathing but it is comon in their kind just that his got it young! Yeah, now that is cool!

Jade is cool but dude looks nasty and evil deep down.

Anise is cool and Ion is a nice magic user!

The fight against that beast reminded me of cerberus power! I am just amazed at the art and effects! Simply now they improved of what I saw in Tales of Eternia.

I LOVE THE MAGIC! That is just amazing!

WTF is up with Jade at the end? He helps them and then want them captured.

HIGHLIGHTS

ANISE AND ION

Magical powers and good action with monster! Jade's INDIGNATION! YEAH! YEAH!

CHEAGLES..........THAT CREATURE IS CUTE!

Finally, I want to say that THIS IS AMAZING! YOU ALL WATCH IT!
angel999Oct 6, 2008 10:31 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 5, 2008 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
I was surprised too. They're still following the game pretty close even with the changes. :D

I kinda wanted them to include Tear teaching Luke to cook. But that doesn't really matter. I hope they'll include some of the sidequests later on though~

I'm loving the spell casting and their animations. But is it just me or did the battle seem too short? Lol. :x Anyways, Jade is just so awesome. I'm glad to see him, Anise, Ion, and Mieu. <3

Can't wait til we get more of Jade's sarcasm. I'm excited for the next! "Enter the amazing Guy!" aaand we'll get to see the god generals! Especially Asch, Arietta, and Legretta. <3 Though I gotta admit, I don't really like Asch's design here much yet. D:
Oct 5, 2008 3:47 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, that was fast. I didn't expect to see the second episode so soon.

While it does have some alterations it still sticks to the game's plot pretty well. And I definitely liked Jade using Indignation. And yeah, I would have liked to see the part where Luke is taught how to cook a rice ball.

Looking forward to the next ones. Looks like it was a great choice picking up this one, even if I've already played through the game several times.

Also, I'm hoping to see more Mystic Artes in the future (especially stuff like Mystic Cage, Radiant Howl and Lost Fon Drive).
Eternal_BlazeOct 5, 2008 5:57 AM
Oct 5, 2008 5:50 AM

Oct 2007
TEAR IS FUCKING MOE!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2008 5:59 AM

Nov 2007
Westlo said:
TEAR IS FUCKING MOE!!!!!!!!!

Heck yea to that! I seriously love how she has a soft spot for cute things! <3
Oct 5, 2008 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
Tear is like a halfway point between moe CC and cynical CC <3
Oct 6, 2008 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
spells and magic.....meh i like the story so far so its all good.
Oct 6, 2008 10:28 PM

Apr 2007
Holy fuck Indignation is god damn awesome animated. Wow just wow.

Though the Liger battle was pretty short, watching Jade use Indignation was almost worth it. The anime is alot better than i really expected...though i agree with Luke and find Mieu annoying when he talks =/

Hurray for Six God General next episode

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Oct 6, 2008 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
Not bad but i'm starting to hate Luke now, I didn't mind him the first ep but now ugh. Also next episode is aired next week, it seems that MBS is not going to skip a week and they are going onto ep.3.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 6, 2008 10:49 PM

Apr 2008
Uwah~~ *___* I want to replay the game over yet again now.

I can't wait for Sync to show up, but I think that won't be for a while yet =w= Oh well, I'll be happy to see Asch at least.

And I still hate Anise. I hated her in the game, and I hate her here too -__-

*much love for doushi Ion though <3*
Oct 6, 2008 11:06 PM

Jul 2008
Rakuenless said:
Uwah~~ *___* I want to replay the game over yet again now.

I can't wait for Sync to show up, but I think that won't be for a while yet =w= Oh well, I'll be happy to see Asch at least.

And I still hate Anise. I hated her in the game, and I hate her here too -__-

*much love for doushi Ion though <3*

I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU HATE HER IN THE GAME????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 6, 2008 11:44 PM

Dec 2007
This is shaping up to be a very good show, it's pretty much already sold me on getting the game. The animation during the spell casting was splendid, I hope that there are fights in this that will seamlessly blend the weapons and spells together rather than having one at a time. And is it just me or does the opening seem longer than most anime?

#NBHNC
Oct 7, 2008 12:20 AM

Dec 2007
Jarmel said:
Not bad but i'm starting to hate Luke now, I didn't mind him the first ep but now ugh. Also next episode is aired next week, it seems that MBS is not going to skip a week and they are going onto ep.3.

ur supposed to hate Luke in the beggining.

I love Tales so much i played Abyss twice, and the anime doesnt look like itll dissapoint.
And I really hope "enter the amazing Guy" happens just like in the game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2008 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh, I feel like playing JPRGs again....

Apart from the cheagles, the way Anise walked backwards when Jade called her was pretty cute too.
Oct 7, 2008 1:59 AM

Dec 2007

MOEEEEEEEEE~~~~
Oct 7, 2008 2:00 AM

Jun 2007
Did anyone else get annoyed by Ion's Japanese lisp? At first I thought it was pretty cool but after a few mins it became annoying.
Oct 7, 2008 2:28 AM
Sep 2008
good episode. havent played the game yet but im looking for it.

Tear's " i wish i was him" was funny.
Oct 7, 2008 3:30 AM

Dec 2007
Harout said:

MOEEEEEEEEE~~~~
i love this shot of her ^_^

ok, episode 2 was pretty great, the magic fighting sceans are just awesome. :)
Oct 7, 2008 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
Harout said:

MOEEEEEEEEE~~~~

that and INDIGNATION were awesome XD

great episode
Oct 7, 2008 5:37 AM

Nov 2007
Harout said:

MOEEEEEEEEE~~~~

Tear <333333 Her moe-ness is shown more on the anime since it's well, animated like this lol. <3 I want an icon out of it. :D
Oct 7, 2008 6:26 AM

Sep 2008
this series is unexpectedly good
Oct 7, 2008 7:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The first episode seemed average but this one was pretty good. I'll keep watching.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 7, 2008 7:14 AM

Jun 2007
those cheagles or however they were called kind of irritate me but since this episode was pretty good I'll keep watching now.
Oct 7, 2008 9:02 AM

Dec 2007
Looking good so far. I've enjoyed this episode more than the first one.
Oct 7, 2008 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
Indignation - Yay~ They added one of my favorite Mystic Artes xD It looked so cool! *__*

Can't wait for the God Generals - although it's highly unlikely Sync'll be in there. Maybe in episode 4 or 5? Hopefully....Hopefully... >__<

Is it just me or does Ion sound different than he did in the game? :/
Oct 7, 2008 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
bleh, predictable...but it makes me want to play the game, so I guess it's doing its job
Oct 7, 2008 2:11 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
bleh, predictable...but it makes me want to play the game, so I guess it's doing its job
Considering they are following the game to the letter, you can only fault the original script for being predictable.

And the liger battle could have only gone down the too fast or too long routes, because Luke and Tear are supposed to be overpowered by it, and Jade is supposed to be super mighty overpowered. They should have extended it a bit to include the "stall it until I cast my spell" part of the battle though. It would have made the fight last longer and given us a more clear reason why the eggs got smashed during the rumble.

As for changes, the "marketplace" was a nice touch to Engeve, which I always found way too small. And they kinda rushed through the "Luke, you are supposed to pay !" scene so it was kinda silly how they let him go just like that. Also Annise's voice's is annoying....so annoying ! Mieu's voice is meant to be annoying, so no problem there and I think it's a perfect fit.
Leon-GunOct 7, 2008 5:24 PM

Oct 7, 2008 2:19 PM

Nov 2007
Fumie said:

Is it just me or does Ion sound different than he did in the game? :/

They changed his voice actor for some reason.

I can't wait for episode 3. I hope they keep the part where Jade "grovels" at Luke's feet. XD
Oct 7, 2008 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
OMG the cheagles are so damn cute. I want one~

And yay for Jade! It was awesome hearing Koyasu Takehito <3

Also, it was exciting to see the Indignation spell. It reminded me of old Symphonia days when I couldn't stop casting it and it ended up pissing my brother off because he wanted me to use some other spells XD
Oct 7, 2008 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
<3 cheagles <3
i totally enjoyed this episode...i hope the upcoming ones will be even better!!
Oct 7, 2008 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
Jade.
Ion.
Anise.
Mieu.
(:

This episode was tight!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2008 3:50 PM
Sep 2007
Iriya said:

^That plus Tear & beautiful green environment in the forest managed to keep this episode enjoyable for me.
Oct 7, 2008 5:05 PM
Aug 2008
I think the story it self is somewhat corney/cliche but maybe that's because im still comparing eveything to Geass. The only thing i like about the story so far is Tear and Indignation =/
Aren't you guys bored of the "Im naieve but really nice and kind and will eventually save everyone by making a decision that is really hard but totally expected of me" kind of story line? Feels strongly similar to scrap princess.
Oct 7, 2008 5:30 PM
Dec 2007
Sorakami said:
Aren't you guys bored of the "Im naieve but really nice and kind and will eventually save everyone by making a decision that is really hard but totally expected of me" kind of story line? Feels strongly similar to scrap princess.
Maybe I'd think like you if I hadn't played the game and known more about the plot. Actually, now that I think about it, yes, it sort of goes down like that, but not in the way you are thinking.
Leon-GunOct 7, 2008 5:35 PM

Oct 7, 2008 5:57 PM

Nov 2006
desu no
desu no
desu no
desu no
desu no
desu no
desu no!

mieu <3

holy FUCK legretta is moe. i wish i didn't suck ass at this game so i could have seen more of her. reallllly looking forward to seeing her in the next ep. and more guy. :D
Oct 7, 2008 6:10 PM

Jul 2008
Iriya said:
OMG the cheagles are so damn cute. I want one~

Also, it was exciting to see the Indignation spell. It reminded me of old Symphonia days when I couldn't stop casting it and it ended up pissing my brother off because he wanted me to use some other spells XD

I want a Cheagles too! Get them when they sell them as plushies!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2008 7:30 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
and given us a more clear reason why the eggs got smashed during the rumble.

Lol Jade just wtfpwned everything, that goes for egg too. Indignation radius seem to be big X)
Indignation still kick ass tough he don't have that mystic art at this point of the game, was more expecting a high level magic but not indignation.
Oct 7, 2008 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
Tear ard Mieu are enough to keep me watching
Oct 7, 2008 8:12 PM
Jun 2007
Sorakami said:
I think the story it self is somewhat corney/cliche but maybe that's because im still comparing eveything to Geass. The only thing i like about the story so far is Tear and Indignation =/

lol what's wrong with it? I've watched many cliche animes and never get tired of them for some reason. >.<

You should stop comparing every anime to Geass or any other animes because it will only spoil your entertainment. Or worse, you might lose interest in animes.
Oct 7, 2008 8:14 PM
Dec 2007
maxime1007 said:
Leon-Gun said:
and given us a more clear reason why the eggs got smashed during the rumble.

Lol Jade just wtfpwned everything, that goes for egg too. Indignation radius seem to be big X)
Indignation still kick ass tough he don't have that mystic art at this point of the game, was more expecting a high level magic but not indignation.
It was just weird I gues, cause in the game it's to be expected since for one, Luke and Tear fought a long time, and Jade used Earth spells (he especifically used one when he enters the battle in the game), which would have screwed up everything in Liger place. But I guess I'm willing to chalk it up to Indignation being kickass.

Oct 7, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode. The animation stunned me, and I wasn't expecting an Indignation from Jade either, which gave it more points.

Plus Mieu and Tear made me 'Hauu'...So this episode gets a 5. God-Generals next!....I want my Dist...
Oct 7, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2004
Drengot said:
Sorakami said:

lol what's wrong with it? I've watched many cliche animes and never get tired of them for some reason. >.<

You should stop comparing every anime to Geass or any other animes because it will only spoil your entertainment. Or worse, you might lose interest in animes.

LOL we fanboy/girl about ToA for a reason. Frankly, I don't this anime has a predictable plot at all. It's something I don't think anyone will ever be able to assume from just 2 episodes. Just watch a bit more and make a decision then.

And yes, I liked the episode although the Liger got taken down so fast. Although I have to remember that Jade is like super high levelled at this point compared to Tear and Luke so of course he can take down anyone or anything. And they have made Luke MILES AND MILES nicer then he is in the game. I'm sorry but he pissed me off so badly in the game I was going crazy lol. He isn't that bad here (like, I know he shows the nice sides once in a while but he's supposed to show like 100 bad sides also with his sheltered and ignorant life).

Ion is cute <3

Next episode... Largo, Legretta KYAAAA ASCH!!! Is Sync gonna be there *__* I can't remember who shows up at this point xD
Oct 8, 2008 2:05 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty interesting. Glad I haven't played the game yet so I don't know what's going to happen.
Oct 8, 2008 4:41 AM

Jul 2008
If I remember well the only god general who show up are legretta, largo and asch. Sync make is first apear in the temple like thingy in the desert if I remember well X). (when you fight it along with largo)

Can't wait for the great guy entrance and the sarcasm of jade in the big assault char xD.
Oct 8, 2008 8:22 AM

Apr 2007
It totally feels as if I'm playing the game. Since I actually haven't, but I'm still one big RPG fan, this feels great! I like the characters so far, and I like how things don't sound so simplistic, and the usual "We have to save the world!" plot from RPG's still hasn't been revealed.

This looks like a great adaptation so far. When Jade casted that magic, I was staring at my screen in awe.

Definitely keeping up with this.

The cheagles make me melt. Super, super cute~!

Iriya said:

I may have a potential favorite character here already XD
MaxwellLilyOct 8, 2008 8:31 AM
Oct 8, 2008 9:21 AM

May 2008
Once again I'm impressed by this actually being good and following the game. Kind of sad that a video game adaptation is one of the better shows I've seen this season, but I guess it was about time there was a decent one. Also, MOAR Tear plz.
Oct 8, 2008 11:33 AM

May 2008
Harout said:

MOEEEEEEEEE~~~~

Can't get enough of this.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Oct 8, 2008 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
Mieu is adorable, as is Anise and Ion.

I really liked this episode. Can't wait for the next one!
ToA is a suprising favorite of mine, didn't think I was going to like it as much as I do.
Oct 8, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2007
I love tear. Her being all "kawaii~" was sooo cute <3! I also loved seeing jade.. i dont think i'll be ahuge fan of him, but he's got SUCH a hot voice (koyasu takehito!). The cheagles were soooo cute too!

This is turning out to be an awesome show :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I'm on ep 6, and I REALLY want to drop this now...

Kirukato05 - Jun 19, 2022

7 by Sir-C »»
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

» Differences between the anime and the game?

FactualTakes12 - Apr 18, 2023

3 by FactualTakes12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

78 by AtroceWins »»
Jan 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

62 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

direbliss - Apr 8, 2009

104 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Nov 12, 2020 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.