Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Jul 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2014
Splendid performance Kirito! He just drastically raised his reputation!
Jul 31, 2014 4:41 PM
Jul 2014
Damn it's hard to not feel bad when the start of the episode says 2,000 people have died since the start of the game launch. That's why this show is dragging me in though, because of the perma-death status of the game makes it that much more intense!

I never read the manga or heard of this at all so finding out about it has been a nice surprise!
Oct 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
Asuna <3

I can't blame her for hiding under a cloak... she's in an mmo filled with pervert guys afterall...

Again, excellent episode. Great battle. Kirito was like "ooh pretty" when Asuna's cloak was destroyed.
Dec 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Oct 2014
Heyo so there's the Asuna everyone talks about. Her and Kirito made a great team, it's too bad he dissolved the party but I'm sure they will end up together again soon. Nice fight, the guy with the blue hair seems like he could've been a great character if he was around longer. Kirito seemed almost jerk-ish in the end, hopefully that attitude doesn't keep up.
Dec 7, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, the action was good. If this continues like that I'm statisfied. And Asuna is a badass girl :)
Feb 22, 2015 3:07 AM

Jan 2014
And Kirito powers-up.

Fancy his final minutes of pompousness, I hope he carries on being like that.
Maybe he doesn't want to be a multiplayer because, well, he has what most of us have: socializing skills nearly nonexistent. That's my guess.

Asuna's strenght is mysterious, I'm waiting for the moment where she reveals her secrets. Might she be a Beta-Tester as well? I think yes.

The boss battle was very nice.
Mar 22, 2015 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
Damn, it was good. Stuff actually happens on a regular basis! I don't really understand the hate for beta testers ._.
Please send help.
Apr 30, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
The blue-haired guy's death felt weird, like they were getting over-emotional about it (guess they should've developed that character bit more)

22 minutes really flew by, and I liked the flow of it. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
Jun 30, 2015 1:02 AM

Sep 2014
1 month to pass 1st floor. Kirito lol you said that in BETA in 2 months you reached 8th.. And said to reach this twice faster :d.. You really won't do it..

And there still should 8.000 players alive , Boss is defeated. So other ones have to fight b0ss again (he respawns)? or they get easy promotion to next floor ??

And Asuna's voice ^_^
EtherealisJun 30, 2015 1:09 AM
Jul 18, 2015 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
Well we are introduced to Asuna and I have to say that I am really liking her. However the fight scene was alright.

The opening theme is really good and I am really liking the ending theme. It sounds really relaxing to me.
Sep 29, 2015 2:01 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was meh. Way too serious and the boss fight was silly. Otherwise good, but those things dragged it down. Starting to see why people don't like the series, or maybe I'm seeing completely different reasons. I don't know. Still think the hate OTHER series get for even being SLIGHTLY similar to this one is completely unjustified.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 17, 2015 2:15 PM
Jan 2015
"Beater"....That was supposed to make me laugh? Also, cheating? We're in the middle of a life-or-death game, and you are calling on cheating? Seriously? That isn't even real cheating, jackass!

For one moment I thought Kirito was going to go Light, if you know what I mean.

I don't get why Asuna hided her face. There's someone on this game she don't want to saw her?
Nov 28, 2015 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Jan 30, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
Oh boy, just seeing Kirito trying to pretend to be a villain just to make a heroic move later made me cringe so hard. Trying too hard m8, just stop it.
Feb 16, 2016 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
There were bits of melodrama I didn't agree with.
And why did Kirito suddenly turn into an emo? I was fine with his being a lone wolf, but the added melodrama didn't feel right. It reminded me of those One Punch Man moments when suddenly everyone turned against Saitama. Yup, a bit clicheic.

Great introduction of Asuna as a strong, independent character. And cute, too. I liked it when she learned how Kirito had known her name. lol. Just the right amount of cuteness at the right time. For me, she remedied that emo Kirito moment and redeemed the ending somehow. XD
蒼穹を舞う。
Mar 4, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Nice episode. There was action.
Also, the boss fight was perfect.
5/5
Mar 5, 2016 5:11 AM
Jan 2016
I like it! Nice episode. It gets interesting
White Demon
Apr 20, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2016
Whats The big fuzz about this anime so many dislike and all hear just bullshiting to anime,I like it really sucks, cause you just get a bad image about this anime, i have mostly seen everything and mostly laughed to it but mostly i haven't got time to start watch it. but now that i do, i really like the storybase/plot o how you wanna call it! really got my interest and mostly cause i gotten really exited about this anime 😅 animation looks wonderful, really got my taste on how it looks really beautiful structure/nature and all. actually at episode 3-4 but is got me here instead and i'm just to lazy to switch 😅 later on further comment! 😁
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 7, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2016
I was half expecting, "Kira desu." to follow that satanic laughter.

So, the main character goes from insecure to confident in a matter of seconds. He also disbanded his party. I'm not even sure whether to call it a viable tactic or just plain stupid. Probably both, depending on its execution.

It was pretty anti-climatic to be honest. I mean, I know they're trying to grab watcher interest early, but this is the second episode...I can assure you that exactly zero people cried after Diabel's death. To be honest, it was just stupid how he refused to take the HP potion and let himself die. For fuck's sake, anyone who plays an MMORPG knows to load up on them before entering a boss battle. So it'd be bull to say that, "he was saving it for the rest of the team".

Ehm, anyway. Not bad, but not great.

4/10

P.S. they still haven't explained how hunger and thirst in the real world are neutralized.
Jun 7, 2016 11:29 AM
Dec 2014
primaltare said:
To be honest, it was just stupid how he refused to take the HP potion and let himself die.

4/10

P.S. they still haven't explained how hunger and thirst in the real world are neutralized.

That bothered me too, but it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread that he was already dead at that point. The game seems a bit inconsistent with how quickly the body disappears after being killed (some people are killed instantly, while Diabel gets to make a long speech ^^;). Still, for a beta player, he sure went down easy..

If you thought that this episode was a 4/10, I suggest that you eject now :) IMO, this series gradually go downhill after the first two, sharply after around episode 8. And looking around, I am definitely not the harshest commenter :)

PS: The hunger/thirst is explained mid-way through the series (at the end of this arc). I already answered it in the other thread though.
Jun 8, 2016 4:11 PM

Jan 2016
AxBattler said:
That bothered me too, but it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread that he was already dead at that point. The game seems a bit inconsistent with how quickly the body disappears after being killed (some people are killed instantly, while Diabel gets to make a long speech ^^;). Still, for a beta player, he sure went down easy..

If you thought that this episode was a 4/10, I suggest that you eject now :) IMO, this series gradually go downhill after the first two, sharply after around episode 8. And looking around, I am definitely not the harshest commenter :)

PS: The hunger/thirst is explained mid-way through the series (at the end of this arc). I already answered it in the other thread though.

Ahahaha, so unfair how less relevant characters are victims of quick and anticlimatic deaths! Thanks for explaining everything to me :) I might have seen the episode as a 4/10 (which honestly isn't that bad of a rating from me), but the series would receive 7/10 as of now. I'll probably stick through it unless it falls below a 4...so I'm going to stay and watch it through for now. Thanks~
Jun 11, 2016 7:20 AM
Jun 2016
Diabel was awesome! I was hoping he'd get more time, but alas. :(

Solid second episode I think.
Jul 31, 2016 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
Kiritu has fooled them maybe..
Aug 15, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Even though virtual gaming isn't my type I'm watching SAO just because so many people talk about it.

So far these two episodes are nothing special, not bad not good.
Just its annoying when the MC gets beaten and then goes angry and defeats the enemy, if there is more of this I will probably hate it.

Fine Episode.
Nov 10, 2016 11:53 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Asuna finlly .... arguments already started

Jan 8, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
The parts where the guy refused the healing potion for no reason and where Kirito went emo were cringe incarnate.
Jan 20, 2017 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
All right episode but yeah... party leader's death was idiotic because of the adaptation rush.
Mar 7, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
Episode 2 is epic. I think the boss battle is amazing and touching. Asuna is cute girls. I loved this episode.

10/10 scores
May 13, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode, the fight against the level boss was nicely executed. The beta who died was truly a man of honor.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 17, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2009
Ok, this was really bad I mean how in the hell could the characters be soooo stuuupid????
It just makes me so angry that I want to flip some tables...
Like so many people died, are they so freaking stupid?????? And they even didn't clear first boss? Are you serious????? And they didn't look into guidebook? Seriously??? What kind of gamers are those people? Have they ever played any kind of game????
Like I'm so mad at the stupidity of side characters here that I don't even care about them dying because they deserve that....
Kirito somehow is not very interesting MC, he doesn't seem to appeal to me, he is very bland so far...
This show is kinda boring...
Nagadir-chanJun 17, 2017 6:58 AM
Jul 2, 2017 8:34 AM

May 2009
Well, this episode defeated my wildest expectations, but not really in the way I was expecting.

Let's start with Kibaou's speech, which is the most indicting argument one can make to this premise. The anime did its hardest to invalidate Kibaou's argument by making him express himself in the worst possible way (complete with ominous music and Kirito suspiciously narrowing his eyes), but he makes a pretty fair point on how human decency “interacts” with videogames. Why would anyone trust the beta testers, who have proven themselves uninterested in helping others? Is it just supposed to be natural that in this situation, everyone would act only in their own best interests? Are we supposed to sympathize with Kirito here just because he’s antisocial? That was his excuse for not working with others – not that he was right to leave everyone else behind, but that he was incapable of interacting with them.

Which is why I was baffled to see the author responding to the philosophical debate that he created by completely ignoring it. Reki Kawahara's answer is that people don't owe anything to others, every man is on his own, fuck you got mine. "No handouts, buddy. We already told you how to win!” And it would be true, if only the first episode didn't demonstrate how this system isn’t easy to get used to, and how much it helps to already have hands-on experience in the game!

I find both this argument itself and the show’s attempts to villainize Kibaou equally interesting. Are videogames supposed to be the ultimate Randian utopia, where everyone always gets the success he deserves, without all those pesky concepts like "social justice" and "empathy"? This actually plays a lot into how Objectivism and Libertarianism are so popular among the very young, and probably why Sword Art Online is so popular in the first place. You'd think that a group of people who are disadvantaged would reject a society where every person just worked for their own benefit to the potential detriment of virtually everyone else, but for many young guys who have nothing in their lives but anime and videogames, that would actually be both just and a desirable situation. Is that part of the appeal of videogames and this anime by extension? Yeah, it actually is, in a very controlled way – because when you have less control of your real life (as young people pretty much always do), it’s extremely comforting and actually empowering to engage in a world where you have absolute control, and all your actions have immediate, tangible consequences and your efforts are always rewarded with the appropriate recompense.

But nobody can avoid the real world and its logic, not even Kirito. And we see that in Kirito's speech at the end of the episode. He might be really good at SAO, but his inability to speak up for himself puts him at a disadvantage. Should he be punished for that? According to a philosophy that says “we’re all dealt the same hand, suck it up,” yeah, but the anime never carries out his punishment. Kirito is a goddamn hypocrite for defending his right to having handouts while others suffer, but in the world of Sword Art Online this is seen as a positive thing, being a "beater" and punishing those that burden you is a life goal.

And that's what makes this anime so terrible and yet so fascinating, Reki Kawahara has built both his utopia and his distopia in the same world, and yet he doesn't find the obvious flaws (or he knows but he plays dumb). You could apply this to a whole slew of issues. Sexism in gaming, anti feminism, xenophobia, "all lives matter", anti immigration, the rise of the alt-right... All these philosophies are deeply tied to a worldwiew of both entitlement and not seeing things from other perspectives, which generally go hand in hand with any kind of discrimination. Does that mean that everyone who likes Sword Art Online is a sexist, mysoginistic, and racist deplorable? Of course not, but it would be interesting to see how apparently harmless things like Sword Art Online contribute to shape the worldview of a lot of confused young people for the worse.

And I might not be that far from the mark.
Arashi89Jul 4, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 3, 2017 10:21 PM
Feb 2017
Nagadir-chan said:
Ok, this was really bad I mean how in the hell could the characters be soooo stuuupid????
Like so many people died, are they so freaking stupid?????? And they even didn't clear first boss? Are you serious????? And they didn't look into guidebook? Seriously??? What kind of gamers are those people? Have they ever played any kind of game????
Like I'm so mad at the stupidity of side characters here that I don't even care about them dying because they deserve that....
Kirito somehow is not very interesting MC, he doesn't seem to appeal to me, he is very bland so far...

Wtf are you talking about? You didn't even watch the episode did you? If you did then even the biggest bandwagon hater here would be able to see that there is something mentally wrong with you. That or you're just plain stupid. Amd you should get that anger issue checked out. Sounds like you're a threat to those around you. Wouldn't want you to start beating a loved one just because something happened in a CARTOON that you didn't like. Anyway.

Only 1 person died. You're an idiot.

They did clear the boss. You're an idiot.

They did look at the guidebook. You're an idiot.

All of these things were clearly shown in the episode. I can not fathom how you were to dumb to notice.
Jul 3, 2017 10:25 PM
Feb 2017
Arashi89 said:
Well, this episode defeated my wildest expectations, but not really in the way I was expecting.

Let's start with Kibaou's speech, which is the most indicting argument one can make to this premise. The anime did its hardest to invalidate Kibaou's argument by making him express himself in the worst possible way (complete with ominous music and Kirito suspiciously narrowing his eyes), but he makes a pretty fair point on how human decency “interacts” with videogames. Why would anyone trust the beta testers, who have proven themselves uninterested in helping others? Is it just supposed to be natural that in this situation, everyone would act only in their own best interests? Are we supposed to sympathize with Kirito here just because he’s antisocial? That was his excuse for not working with others – not that he was right to leave everyone else behind, but that he was incapable of interacting with them.

Which is why I was baffled to see the author responding to the philosophical debate that he created by completely ignoring it. Reki Kawahara's answer is that people don't owe anything to others, every man is on his own, fuck you got mine. "No handouts, buddy. We already told you how to win!” And it would be true, if only the first episode didn't demonstrate how this system isn’t easy to get used to, and how much it helps to already have hands-on experience in the game!

I find both this argument itself and the show’s attempts to villainize Kibaou equally interesting. Are videogames supposed to be the ultimate Randian utopia, where everyone always gets the success he deserves, without all those pesky concepts like "social justice" and "empathy"? This actually plays a lot into how Objectivism and Libertarianism are so popular among the very young, and probably why Sword Art Online is so popular in the first place. You'd think that a group of people who are disadvantaged would reject a society where every person just worked for their own benefit to the potential detriment of virtually everyone else, but for many young guys who have nothing in their lives but anime and videogames, that would actually be both just and a desirable situation. Is that part of the appeal of videogames and this anime by extension? Yeah, it actually is, in a very controlled way – because when you have less control of your real life (as young people pretty much always do), it’s extremely comforting and actually empowering to engage in a world where you have absolute control, and all your actions have immediate, tangible consequences and your efforts are always rewarded with the appropriate recompense.

But nobody can avoid the real world and its logic, not even Kirito. And we see that in Kirito's speech at the end of the episode. He might be really good at SAO, but his inability to speak up for himself puts him at a disadvantage. Should he be punished for that? According to a philosophy that says “we’re all dealt the same hand, suck it up,” yeah, but the anime never carries out his punishment. Kirito is a goddamn hypocrite for defending his right to having handouts while others suffer, but in the world of Sword Art Online this is seen as a positive thing, being a "beater" and punishing those that burden you is a life goal.

And that's what makes this anime so terrible and yet so fascinating, Reki Kawahara has built both his utopia and his distopia in the same world, and yet he doesn't find the obvious flaws (or he knows but he plays dumb). You could apply this to a whole slew of issues. Sexism in gaming, anti feminism, xenophobia, "all lives matter", anti immigration, the rise of the alt-right... All these philosophies are deeply tied to a worldwiew of both entitlement and not seeing things from other perspectives, which generally go hand in hand with any kind of discrimination. Does that mean that everyone who liked Sword Art Online is a sexist, mysoginistic, and racist deplorable? Of course not, but it would be interesting to see how apparently harmless things like Sword Art Online contribute to shape the worldview of a lot of confused young people for the worse.

And I might not be that far from the mark.

What. The. Actual. Fuck? You sound like one of those antifa femanzi morons. Bet you voted for sanders lol
Jul 4, 2017 1:10 AM

Mar 2009
LordSovereign117 said:
Nagadir-chan said:

Wtf are you talking about? You didn't even watch the episode did you? If you did then even the biggest bandwagon hater here would be able to see that there is something mentally wrong with you. That or you're just plain stupid. Amd you should get that anger issue checked out. Sounds like you're a threat to those around you. Wouldn't want you to start beating a loved one just because something happened in a CARTOON that you didn't like. Anyway.

All of these things were clearly shown in the episode. I can not fathom how you were to dumb to notice.

I've seen this episode, why would I even bother to write about it if not?
Oh you have something against me picking out how bad this anime is? I was mad because even I didn't exactly loved first episode it was kinda OK, this ep. was huuuuuge letdown!
How do you now I have anger issues? You don't know me personally, so stop assuming something. Also what does it have in common with commenting this anime? Attacking me verbally because I don't like S.A.O. as much as you do? That's just weak...
Only 1 person died? I guess YOU didn't watch SAO, at the start they mentioned 2000 people died in 1 month. That's a fact.
They cleared the boss after month because Kirito just happened... and they looked at guidebook too after month. Before the guy started to talk about it (in this ep.) they even didn't bothered....
Like what they were doing this one month? Watching people around dying? Chilling in a town or what??? Commoners in this anime are the worst of worst, they weren't able to do anything by themself at all... If this is not stupidity...
But does it have a meaning to argue with you if you can only verbally attack people who show different opinion (or better you purposely antagonize them)? I guess not...

Sword art online is done beautifully if we talk about art/animation, music, background of the story, other things are utter garbage... sadly...
Jul 5, 2017 7:29 PM
Feb 2017
Nagadir-chan said:
LordSovereign117 said:

Oh you have something against me picking out how bad this anime is? I was mad because even I didn't exactly loved first episode it was kinda OK, this ep. was huuuuuge letdown!
How do you now I have anger issues? You don't know me personally, so stop assuming something. Also what does it have in common with commenting this anime? Attacking me verbally because I don't like S.A.O. as much as you do? That's just weak...
Only 1 person died? I guess YOU didn't watch SAO, at the start they mentioned 2000 people died in 1 month. That's a fact.
They cleared the boss after month because Kirito just happened... and they looked at guidebook too after month. Before the guy started to talk about it (in this ep.) they even didn't bothered....
Like what they were doing this one month? Watching people around dying? Chilling in a town or what??? Commoners in this anime are the worst of worst, they weren't able to do anything by themself at all... If this is not stupidity...
But does it have a meaning to argue with you if you can only verbally attack people who show different opinion (or better you purposely antagonize them)? I guess not...

Sword art online is done beautifully if we talk about art/animation, music, background of the story, other things are utter garbage... sadly...

Maybe try not writting like a 4 year old then it may appear that you actually have watched the episode.

Let's make 1 thing clear. There is no limit to the number of fucks I do not give if you like or don't like something. None. I don't care if you don't like SAO. If you don't then good for you. You are your own person and you are free to like and dislike whatever you wish. That said. If you are going to so obtusely point out the "reasons" you don't like the show and if those "reasons" are fucking retarded, then Ima do you the favor of informing you that you are, in fact, retarded. So pick it apart tell your little head explodes. You're free to do that. But that's a double edged sword cause guess what? I'm free to pick apart your pathetic "pick apart" too.

Anyway. Your anger issues. "It just makes me so angry that I want to flip some tables..." Are these or are these not your exact words? You're telling me you don't have anger issues yet you've already admitted that you get so angry because of what happenes in a CARTOON that you want to flip furniture? Ok kid. Simmer down. Don't have another rage fit.

The "Only 1 person died." This was a mistake on my part (though your writting style didn't help). I thought you were referring to the boss fight specifically where as I said only 1 person died. Again that was a misunderstanding of what you were saying on my part so my apologies there. As for the 2000 that died there is a large number of reasons why that happened. Biggest of which was just inexperience as well as the fear factor. No one had ever played a game like this before (aside from the beta testers) and it took some time to get used to. Which lead to a lot of deaths. Combined with the fear factor which lead to more deaths. So what would happen is someone would go out and get into a fight with a monster and then they see this monster barreling down on them and realize "oh shit this thing is actually here it's actually going to kill me omg omg omg!" And they would freeze up or panic and get their asses killed. That happened a bunch of times in the first few weaks and before say "well that's just stupid" remember it's actually not that uncommon for grown ass men in the military who are trained to kill to have similar things happen to them on the battle field. So image how it would be for a bunch of kids who have no life experiences.

They did not clear the boss because of Kirito. It was literally almost dead before he even hit it once. Many of the raid party even got angry at Kirito for "stealing the last attack bonus."

They did not "look at the guide after a month." Are you seriously under the impression that the meeting in the beginning of the episode was the first time they ever opened the book? Because again this just proves you are retarded.

The vast majority of the players did stay in the starting town. Many even stated there even after the first few floors were cleared. This made it particularly hard on the clearers because they were so few in numbers and had very few willing people to step up as replacements. I don't get what you mean by "commoners" or how they couldn't do anything for themselves.

Again. I'm not tracking you for having a different opinion. You are free to have that opinion. I am attacking the opinion itself specifically the reasons behind the opinion which I believe (and have proven) are pretty stupid.
Jul 6, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2009
LordSovereign117 said:
Nagadir-chan said:

Maybe try not writting like a 4 year old then it may appear that you actually have watched the episode.

Let's make 1 thing clear. There is no limit to the number of fucks I do not give if you like or don't like something. None. I don't care if you don't like SAO. If you don't then good for you. You are your own person and you are free to like and dislike whatever you wish. That said. If you are going to so obtusely point out the "reasons" you don't like the show and if those "reasons" are fucking retarded, then Ima do you the favor of informing you that you are, in fact, retarded. So pick it apart tell your little head explodes. You're free to do that. But that's a double edged sword cause guess what? I'm free to pick apart your pathetic "pick apart" too.

Anyway. Your anger issues. "It just makes me so angry that I want to flip some tables..." Are these or are these not your exact words? You're telling me you don't have anger issues yet you've already admitted that you get so angry because of what happenes in a CARTOON that you want to flip furniture? Ok kid. Simmer down. Don't have another rage fit.

The "Only 1 person died." This was a mistake on my part (though your writting style didn't help). I thought you were referring to the boss fight specifically where as I said only 1 person died. Again that was a misunderstanding of what you were saying on my part so my apologies there. As for the 2000 that died there is a large number of reasons why that happened. Biggest of which was just inexperience as well as the fear factor. No one had ever played a game like this before (aside from the beta testers) and it took some time to get used to. Which lead to a lot of deaths. Combined with the fear factor which lead to more deaths. So what would happen is someone would go out and get into a fight with a monster and then they see this monster barreling down on them and realize "oh shit this thing is actually here it's actually going to kill me omg omg omg!" And they would freeze up or panic and get their asses killed. That happened a bunch of times in the first few weaks and before say "well that's just stupid" remember it's actually not that uncommon for grown ass men in the military who are trained to kill to have similar things happen to them on the battle field. So image how it would be for a bunch of kids who have no life experiences.

They did not clear the boss because of Kirito. It was literally almost dead before he even hit it once. Many of the raid party even got angry at Kirito for "stealing the last attack bonus."

They did not "look at the guide after a month." Are you seriously under the impression that the meeting in the beginning of the episode was the first time they ever opened the book? Because again this just proves you are retarded.

The vast majority of the players did stay in the starting town. Many even stated there even after the first few floors were cleared. This made it particularly hard on the clearers because they were so few in numbers and had very few willing people to step up as replacements. I don't get what you mean by "commoners" or how they couldn't do anything for themselves.

Again. I'm not tracking you for having a different opinion. You are free to have that opinion. I am attacking the opinion itself specifically the reasons behind the opinion which I believe (and have proven) are pretty stupid.

I wrote what I felt just after watching episode.... huuge dissapointment, anger and sadness. Of course my final review would be different (this is forum not review page), that was just outburst of emotion...I f you do not understand well bad for you...
Whatever I say doesn't mean I'll just go and do it... people say things when they are angry and they don't mean them literally... And yeah I was angry but you don't know how much, and do you really think I just flipped my table over anime? Would you believe me if I say that I'm purple unicorn?
Seriously...

- but they were in game for one month, why didn't they clear it before? I would be more OK with this anime if I dunno month passed some random dudes cleared two-three bosses and then Kirito appeared.. I just don't like when MC is everytime in a spot, only he can save the world and etc... not a huuge fan of it and Kirito just looks like this kind of MC (there are some exceptions but they are rare)

- well they might not look into guide after month but why they were so surprised about how much great informations about game and bosses it has?

OK saying two different things at once, but why do I care???
-then Ima do you the favor of informing you that you are, in fact, retarded
-Again. I'm not tracking you for having a different opinion. You are free to have that opinion. I am attacking the opinion itself specifically the reasons behind the opinion which I believe (and have proven) are pretty stupid.

Special review for special people
WHY DON't I LIKE SWORT ART ONLINE (might change after I end whole series, only seen three eps so far)
- MC have no depth, Kirito's traits are: do cool fightning stuff because he was beta tester and be anti-social, so far I'm not able to sympathize with him even though I understand how it is to be anti-social but I don't care about him at all, it's just badly done... I've read/seen many books/anime/manga with anti-social characters, for example Mob from Mob Psycho 100 is great example, I understand what is driving him, I understand his feelings, his struggles just he is very close character to me because I know how it is to have problems with finding friends but I can't feel anything like this with Kirito, he is just bland so far (also I loved Mob from first chapter so it has nothig to do of amount of ep seen or chapters read).. some characters are just made better than others... for me Kirito is not interesting at all... and that's my kind of mayor problem if I can't like MC I can't enjoy the stuff around because I'm very character driven person, very emotional, very empathic and that's why I enjoy anime and manga, to feel story and adventure with characters
- anime does very bad work with other characters, if anime would be able at least portray how they feel, picture some different behaviours, like running from danger, backstabbing others, be more realistic about different character traits I wouldn't mind people in the game beying scared, but anime portrayed them only as loofs which stands in one spot shaking when danger approach, I wasn't able to feel their fear and horror so why should I care about some no-names beying killed? I don't need extreme details about not important characters but they must act at least like real people so I can enjoy it... (they panic, they fear etc just something!!!)
- many things does not make sense, I know people in danger acts kinda stupidly but sometimes putting common sense in really does a good balance to it...
not taking life potion, why? I didn't understand this at all... he probably could save himself, he might thought stupid for rushing in but dying there is just, well, stupid...
blaming Kirito for beying beta-tester, well people also acts like idiots in horde but why they were so freaking happy for him killing the boss and when that annoying guy mention some crap they immediately hated him? at least they should talk a bit about it or don't trust some random dude immediately

But hey apart for not beying able to sympathize with MC, which is always a big problem for me and I can't enjoy whatever anime as much as I should if I would like MC, I have problems with putting logic into it, doesn't mean fantasy world needs normal world logic but even a fantasy's world logic must feel realistic and if I'm not pulled into it I'm bored and annoyed...

Purple Unicorn, Headmaster od Rainbow Unicorn Unversity
(it's called sarcasm and exaggeration, just if you want to know)
Nagadir-chanJul 6, 2017 6:50 AM
Sep 28, 2017 12:11 AM

May 2012
Why do beta testers gotta feel bad? this must be some japanese thing cuz everyone just seems to be a cuck in every japanese anime when things don't go their way hahahah anyways aside from that the series is pretty cool but i don't know why the testers would feel bad they were just playing the game, also as it's been said some people ARE helping out so why feel bad?
Altay545Sep 28, 2017 12:18 AM

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Nov 9, 2017 7:23 PM

Nov 2017
What the fuck happened? Starting by the redeeming points, the OST is at this point the best thing. It usually does not repeat itself, and while I know it's not gonna stay that way throughout the entire series, it's at least enjoyable at the moment. Now, the animation has its peaks but it is mostly just unrecognizable. The unusual camera angles should only work when you can see properly things in front of you and it's hard to do so when space doesn't look profound. The first half of the episode is ok, nothing really called my attention besides Kirito and Asuna establishing their first ties, which I know will result in a relationship afterwards, thus, making the show inevitably predictable in a way.

Now, about the second half. Let's begin by that guy refusing the health potion because... yes. I didn't quite understand if it was supposed to be emotional because to me I just thought how stupid that whole scene was. Also, the discussion by the end where Kirito acts like a complete jerk and I have no idea why. Weren't the beaters supposed to be helpful? Just because some random dude is pissed off doesn't mean Kirito has to go against the logic. In fact, why is everyone in the game a bunch of retards? It's always like this, a crowd of stupid people and one character serving as a foil. Pathetic. Also, what's with that time-skip? I know it's not possible by far to cover 100 floors within 25 episodes, but if this show starts doing that like if meant nothing, it'll be annoying as fuck. After all, regardless of the situation the series cornered itself in, it shouldn't depend on some lazy technique of pacing that ruins the mood. 2000 people died in 15 seconds of Kirito explaining it to me. Tsc tsc tsc. 2/5
LumsiNov 9, 2017 11:10 PM
Dec 17, 2017 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
WOO, KIRITO PUT THE MOVES ON EM.

That was a nice twist the way he handled the jam like that. I didnt expect him to step up like that. Honestly, this reminds me of Club Penguin beta testers, the way everyone used to revere them. You could identify them by their beta tester hats. Those were the days.

I didnt like how they tried to make it seem like Kirito was close to Diabul even though dude literally just debuted and died in this episode. That was a cheap emotional grab.

Looking forward to the adventures of Kirito and Asuna. No woman can resist a confident man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2017
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jan 1, 2018 8:28 AM
Nov 2017
Awesome episode, but confused by those casuals' motives. I'd motion to join a guild with Kirito immediately. That Kobold was T H I C C
Mar 6, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
I wouldn't have understood the last half of this episode if I didn't come here and read the reviews.
Didn't feel rushed to me, but then again, this is my first time watching anything SAO.
May 19, 2018 11:17 PM

May 2018
This episode had big flaws.

First, the reactions of the characters are stupid. There's no other word for it. Diabel explained before going into the room when they all discovered that his squad found out the localisation of the Boss that the Boss had a certain weapon switch after he lost a certain percentage of his HP. And then, when Kirito found out the weapon the Boss had wasn't the one in the beta OR indicated in the book, he tried to warn Diabel but it was too late. So WHY THE FUCK is everyone accusing Kirito to be a beta tester? They all had the same fucking information. And why does Kirito admit it and put a mark on his back when it wasn't necessary?

Oh and, what was that scene when Kirito laugh like "I'm so dark". I cringed so hard.. This is nitpicking but why Asuna's "face revealed" had her flashing with stars? C'mon guys, it's just a cute girl, get a hold of yourself.

Other than that, the episode was ok.

Jan 5, 2019 8:10 PM

Aug 2017
I like this episode despite that it have some issues like that the guy's death was a bit forced but nevermind.

It seems that a timeskip happened due that 2,000 people have died.

So, beta testers are hated.

Asuna is a bit mysterious.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
Nurguburu said:
I like this episode despite that it have some issues like that the guy's death was a bit forced but nevermind.

It seems that a timeskip happened due that 2,000 people have died.

So, beta testers are hated.

Asuna is a bit mysterious.

Yeah I really didn't like the blue haired guys death...they made it really dramatic which was kinda random cause we only just met the guy? He seemed cool and everything but I was like ???

but otherwise i liked the episode. I'm excited to see more C-:
Feb 13, 2019 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Strong fine episode until. The stupid terminology of "beater" was introduced.they really couldn't find a better word or words to describe a beta tester and Cheater altogether? And kiritos response towards the others for blaming kirito on why the raid group leader was killed as well as being called out as a beater was incredibly annoying and stupid.why laugh it off and be all smug about it.it ruined the melodrama though I will said the death of the raid group leader.no strong feelings there
removed-userFeb 13, 2019 11:56 PM
Jun 13, 2020 12:39 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So is this how the infamous emo edge lord trope was born?
Jul 3, 2020 12:54 PM

Sep 2018
Not sure how the episode felt "rushed" but then again I never read the novels and probably never will. That being said the way the MC acted at the end of the episode was extremely confusing to me. Why did he make up that persona rather than just tell them that he didn't know about the changes made and that the guy that he "let die" was a beta tester too. A lot of this feels cheesy and contrived to me, but then again I'm not the type that usually watches this sort of anime anyhow.

Eoussama said:
So is this how the infamous emo edge lord trope was born?

"emo edge lord" MCs have been a thing in anime for much longer than this show and probably started as a trope with Evangelion.
KristiwazhereJul 3, 2020 12:58 PM
Jul 8, 2020 9:20 AM
Jul 2020
AHH I JUST FINISHED AOT WHICH MADE ME WANNA REWATCH SAO!!!!
GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT
Aug 19, 2020 10:49 AM

Dec 2018
WTF happened, everything went downhill so fast, this must be a world record. Kirito turned EMO way too fast it was hilarious.

dude 1: What have you Beta-testers done?
dude 2: We made this book for everyone to have for free.
dude 1: Ok.
dude 3: The details about the boss is in the book.
the audience: WOAHHHHHH
*So, no one, no one read the book......WOW.
later
dude 3 dies.
dude 4 kills the boss.
dude 1: Why didn't you Beta-testers tell us the bosses attack patterns?
*Bro, if it's not in the book I doubt they'd know.
dude 4 becomes EMO.
Me: BRUHHHHH.

I want Klein back, he's the only one with a decent characterization of living alone and actually caring about his friends.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

48 by holo-simp »»
42 minutes ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.