Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 4, 2008 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It has finally been released >.< took some time. Awesome episode 4/5. So sad at the end :(
-eWfNov 16, 2017 7:18 PM
Oct 4, 2008 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
It was a good episode I guess... Naruto didn't appear once, and all the plot was around the figh. The end...well everyone knows.
絶対大丈夫だよ

Oct 4, 2008 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
the fight was nice.and Asuma T_T
Oct 4, 2008 12:34 PM

Oct 2007
i give it a five if asuma dies
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2008 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
lol how nice of ya. they sure did fill this one up real good. another couple episodes and naruto should have mastered his ability. i hate how they always dramatize the deaths too much...meh
Oct 4, 2008 1:03 PM

Oct 2007
Good hour episode!! - good battle and of course

I thought they would drag this battle for a few episodes but got on with it which was good XD

New opening is really nothing special T_T quite disappointed but the new ending is cool like the song!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2008 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
Damn! They must think everyone reads the manga because the title "Asuma Dies!" is a real spoiler (^^)... As for the episode itself, what else can I say but intense. Liked the way it showed Shikamaru's thought process and the actually fighting was great. I just hated how it dragged it out in the end, for dramatic effect (-_-)...
Oct 4, 2008 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
asuma T_T
Oct 4, 2008 1:31 PM

Oct 2007
BEST episode EVER

lol @ not Naruto XD
Oct 4, 2008 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Best Naruto episode I've seen in a million years!

Oct 4, 2008 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
ASUMA!!! T_T
Oct 4, 2008 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
ok i must give it a 5 now
Oct 4, 2008 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
Was a pretty awesome ep. Hidan is pretty insane lol, great ep, sad too ~
Oct 4, 2008 4:38 PM

Nov 2007
DestinyFate said:
Best Naruto episode I've seen in a million years!

fully agree. ... nothing more to say

Oct 4, 2008 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
so touching T^T i liked the flashbacks with shikamaru and asuma. the fight also was awesome.
yeah, the title itself was a HUGE spoiler XD in fact, the first time i've seen it, i've thought that wasn't true.
Oct 4, 2008 5:07 PM

Oct 2007
DarkDemonz said:

what's so sad about Asuma's death?
dude, get real

I guess people like you would prefer that the akatsuki members die and naruto starts airing fillers again. >_>
Oct 4, 2008 5:39 PM

Jul 2008
god i wish the nigga above me shut up X_X but yea i liked this ep the fighting was amazing and believe it or not asuma is the first to die by AKATSKI.
Oct 4, 2008 5:51 PM

Aug 2008
Peralisc said:
DarkDemonz said:

what's so sad about Asuma's death?
dude, get real

I guess people like you would prefer that the akatsuki members die and naruto starts airing fillers again. >_>

hahaha agreed
but asuma was dope
stilll tho, its boring when the hero always wins
its better when some1s blood is spilled
i give this ep a 5
Oct 4, 2008 7:13 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
better than normal episode but i still think Naruto needs to step up its game if it wants to keep up with other animes like Soul Eater.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 4, 2008 7:34 PM
Mar 2008
Shikamaru OWNS.

I support brief, condensed anime reviews!
Oct 4, 2008 9:28 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... I knew Asuma dies, but the way he died, its hard. Getting killed by your enemy "killing" himself.
Oct 5, 2008 12:11 AM

Jun 2008
IMO, the best episode of Shippuden.

That was an awesome performance by Hidan's seiyuu, Terasoma Masaki, lol those "crazy" laughs.

It is a bit sad Asuma died, especially having unfinished business with Kurenai.

Interesting that his death is around the same episode number as the 3rd.
Oct 5, 2008 12:41 AM

Feb 2008
This double episode was so BORING. Seriously, how much can they drag on stuff (and I'm not even complaining about the part where Shikamaru runs to Asuma).
Oct 5, 2008 12:58 AM

Dec 2006
Nerf Hidan
リスト 。。

Oct 5, 2008 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
Asuma!
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 5, 2008 1:48 AM

Mar 2008
one thing.. poor kurenai, and i think shikimaru will go emo, well that's cool ^^
Oct 5, 2008 5:16 AM
Apr 2008
uhuh shikamaru is gonna snap..
and indeed.. it was the best epi i've seen.
next epi will be emo i guess.. seeing the preview
Oct 5, 2008 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
Naruleach said:
better than normal episode but i still think Naruto needs to step up its game if it wants to keep up with other animes like Soul Eater.

Its a major improvement compared to the past 30-40 episodes.

Oct 5, 2008 6:29 AM
Oct 2007
What I think is weird, is the fact that Kurenai sits at home and enjoys her life while the other shinobis are fighting for their lives against Akatsuki. That's really stupid.
Oct 5, 2008 6:34 AM

May 2007
I am the only one who thinks that Izumo and Kotetsu are totally useless?

They spent most of the episode standing in bewilderment! They could've helped a bit, like actually help Shikamaru drag Hidan off the symbol (as in physically push him off), try to destroy his body once he was beheaded or at least make an effort to prevent Kakuzu from sewing the head back on!!

Honestly, it's just so frustrating with some anime when minor characters aren't capable of doing anything useful.
Oct 5, 2008 6:35 AM

May 2008
Faby said:
What I think is weird, is the fact that Kurenai sits at home and enjoys her life while the other shinobis are fighting for their lives against Akatsuki. That's really stupid.

There is acctually a reason for it... it will probably be revealed in the next episode.
Oct 5, 2008 6:39 AM

May 2007
Faby said:

I thought that was strange too since she's supposed to be a skilled Jonin. Maybe Tsunade put her on reserve or something? I guess some ninja have to stay and protect the village in case of attack.
Oct 5, 2008 7:26 AM
Dec 2007
I find it sad that Asuma died, but it was a great episode in overall. Poor Kurenai T_T It's gonna be another drama episode when she hears about it ;(
Oct 5, 2008 7:44 AM

Oct 2007
Finally, I've been waiting for this episode! And they did it pretty well, even though it was dragged out. This must be my favorite battle in Naruto, because of the desperate situation, the lack of Naruto, and the bad guys winning. Hidan and Kakuzu are my favorite Akatsuki members, so that also made it worthwhile. Too bad Naruto isn't usually like this.
Oct 5, 2008 9:14 AM

Apr 2007
Ah I've been waiting for this episode to be animated for a looooooong time! Hence why I started watching again.

Well they portrayed the episode pretty well and how about that new opening huh? I was all YAY when

Now that Asuma is gone I can't wait for...

It's gonna be wow factor.

Oct 5, 2008 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
erwinmm89 said:
Shikamaru OWNS.

I'll second that , probably more than us 2 think that though xD
Oct 5, 2008 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
zed said:

They spent most of the episode standing in bewilderment! They could've helped a bit, like actually help Shikamaru drag Hidan off the symbol (as in physically push him off), try to destroy his body once he was beheaded or at least make an effort to prevent Kakuzu from sewing the head back on!!

Honestly, it's just so frustrating with some anime when minor characters aren't capable of doing anything useful.

I absolutely agree, that irritated me too.
And not only the minor characters. I couldn't understand why Asuma was just standing there when Hidan attempted to pierce his heart for the first time (maybe because he was shocked, but still). Everyone in the team (except for Shikamaru) could've just ran to Hidan and pushed him out of the circle or something (or they could've held his arms so he can't move).

Anyone else noticed the sudden weather change in the preview? Man, that 'mourning-in-the-rain-scene' is way too overused ^^'' though I can understand why the maker would do that, but still...

I do like the episode though (Asumaa T-T what the hell will happen to Izumo and Kotetsu by the way?), but it doesn't make me addicted to the series again.
I mean, isn't there something wrong when it seems like the majority of the watchers dislike the main character? Naruto plays a very important part in the story. If people don't feel like watching him, then the show isn't doing very well in my opinion.
RespecticanOct 5, 2008 10:26 AM
Oct 5, 2008 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
it was an ok episode; however, there's no reason that between the last four episodes, they could have been a liitle sparing of the slow motion and cut it down to three better paced, excellent episodes, instead of four badly paced ok ones.
Oct 5, 2008 10:49 AM

Apr 2007
zed said:

Agreed. The part I bolded above was the item that frustrated me the most as I was watching, however. For someone who can calculate 200 moves per second, plan 10 moves ahead, or whatever crazy feats of thinking he can do, didn't it occur to Shikamaru that "Once the immortal's head starts talking, he's going to try to put it back on the body"? I'm pretty sure when Hidan asked Kakuzu to bring his body over -- that was a bit of a hint of what he was planning. I mean, you still could have had the same ending to the story if Shikamaru had immediately ordered the two bystanders on his team to destroy the body and Kakuzu could have just beaten them there or swatted them back or something -- but instead we are just left with the cliche shounen "standing there with your mouth agape" moment (actually, more like FOUR MINUTES of in-episode time) as these supposed professional ninjas (Asuma included) just calmly allow the enemy to regroup. Just odd, in my opinion.
Oct 5, 2008 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
men im so sad, im so shoked i almost feeled the pain of azuma
this was to much for me

Code Geass Spoiler

now azuma is killed
well he is still alive until next chapter but even so
cant belibe about those guys....well ido....damm akatsuki they`re so cool
azumaT_T wonder how will kurenai react when she finds out

and next chapter is gonna be very sad too

PS the new opening its very cool, love it
cyruzOct 15, 2008 12:29 PM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 5, 2008 11:34 AM

Oct 2007
I also think Izumo and Kotetsu are totally useless, but i guess that those 2 also agree upon, so they didn't risk to attack.

Close attacks would have been risky since you don't know when Hidan breaks free. Some ranged attacks would have helped maybe, but then i still think it would have ended in Kakuzu interfering since Kakuzu isn't stupid enough to let the oponent win. (remember Kakuzu constantly bitching about Hidan fighting alone)

The only reason Kakuzu didn't interfer from the start is that he knew Hidan wouldn't die. He wouldn't let Hidan die because of the money he is interested so much in.

Also those 2 useless rats were either shoked or overconfident. Like they said : "1 down, 1 more to go." And they were then overconfident when fighting Kakuzu.

This is what i think after seeing it all. But for a moment i belived Kakuzu is going to crush Hidan's head and take down the rest of them all by himself, this also could be what the 2 rats tought when they became overconfident. Yes, Shikamaru could've command them to destroy the body, but are you sure they could've reach the body in time? How can you say Kakuzu is slower than those 2 useless rats?

There are other parts of Naruto which you can call flawed, this may be little flawed but it's way better than many other "events" and wouldn't you consider Naruto crappier if these 2 bad guys would also lose with the help of the script writer? T___T
JudgeRuthlessOct 5, 2008 11:39 AM
Oct 5, 2008 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
Wow it's really a cool episode but Asuma dais... o_o?
And omg Shikamaru is really great~ ^o^
Oct 5, 2008 11:47 AM

Oct 2007
Maybe they'll let Kurenai die aswell so they make the show more dramatic and interesting? :D
Together in death. <3

ROFL
Oct 5, 2008 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
I'll get this complaint out of the way real quick.
#1 -PACING
#2 the ppl who made the anime lied. He isn't dead. He's dying, but he isn't dead. He WILL die, he isn't dead. When it says someone dies in the title, it means they die in that episode. Not next week!

I still enjoyed it. The actual fight and a FEW of the many flashbacks were great. And it was funny how I didn't even notice that Naruto wasn't there. ^_^
Oct 5, 2008 12:34 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was definitely a step up from some previous episodes. Crap actually happened!!! loved the fight and the twist

Just wondering if only i noticed this though. Whenever Shikamaru fights he always comes up with great ideas but always seems to have trouble actually having enough chakra to do it! Dude has got to train more. OR Naruto's body + Shikamaru's mind= Ultimate shinobi
Oct 5, 2008 1:13 PM

Feb 2008
This episode save the whole series from being dropped by me. (-:
Oct 5, 2008 1:24 PM

Oct 2008
Finally a good Naruto Episode. While i was watching i couldn't help but think that it was too good to be a Naruto episode. It's good to see that the quality i once saw in the older eps is back in this episode.
Oct 5, 2008 1:24 PM

May 2008
Asuma....
Oct 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Mar 2007
Cool i loved this ep. Best one since Naruto vs Orochimaru. I just love the Akatsuki (except Deidara), they are so mutch cooler than the "good" charakters.
Instagram: Luzifurr
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.