Forum Settings
Forums

Is it strange that I enjoy cross-dressing even though I'm not gay? :O

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 6, 2008 3:37 AM

Jun 2008
gay..........
Oct 6, 2008 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
Jasonbear said:
A lot of the times I think boy clothes are nicer then girls. I totally love boy clothes but I can't pull them off usually because of the large difference in sizes and because most of the boy clothes I see are already being worn by strangers. It's embarrassing for me to ask them where they got their outfit. xB

And my friend's obsessed with boy shoes.

All my shoes are boy shoes. XD
Oct 6, 2008 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
you are all gay as far as I am concerned, dress how you please ^_^
Oct 7, 2008 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Rpgwiz99 said:
A female wearing pants and a shirt is fine, on the otherhand a boy wearing a blouse and a skirt isnt ;)

Isn't it? It's not like I find one of the sort every day in the streets, but the few I've met are... Well, anything besides gay.

Remember that clothing and fashion is something imposed by culture. As far as we're all concerned you can walk around naked and that does not make you anything else than a naked human. After all a kimono is the same concept as a dress and men wear them. :3

Dress how you want when you want. I don't feel comfortable in pants, what would I do if I was a guy? xD

A male who isnt confortable in pants usually wears shorts.
Oct 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Dec 2007
Rpgwiz99 said:
ladyxzeus said:
Rpgwiz99 said:
A female wearing pants and a shirt is fine, on the otherhand a boy wearing a blouse and a skirt isnt ;)

Isn't it? It's not like I find one of the sort every day in the streets, but the few I've met are... Well, anything besides gay.

Remember that clothing and fashion is something imposed by culture. As far as we're all concerned you can walk around naked and that does not make you anything else than a naked human. After all a kimono is the same concept as a dress and men wear them. :3

Dress how you want when you want. I don't feel comfortable in pants, what would I do if I was a guy? xD

A male who isnt confortable in pants usually wears shorts.

It's not a question of showing legs, it's a question of... "freedom" xD

Now that I think of it, I know a guy who, in middle school only wore extreme baggy pants. Then someone gave him to wear some regular pants. The first thing he said, really sad, was "they are so restrained!! T^T"

Even if this goes off topic, it shows how clothing should only matter to you and only for you. Everyone wanted the boy to wear normal pants like everyone else, but the poor thing felt restrained what can we do. xD Maybe everyone thinks you should wear frilly tutus, but you don't feel well with them so... What can we do. =p

Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 7, 2008 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
LA_Chela said:
xXnagashiXx said:
OranSolus said:
xXnagashiXx said:
khorven said:
What does cross dressing have to do with sexual orientation?

Do people still seriously believe gay men dress up in dresses or some-thing?

you have it backwards; men who dress up in dresses are probably gay

And here was me thinking it was attraction to someone of the same sex that made you gay. :)

Lol I know, exactly. The rationale is they dress up as women so they can try to get men. It's either that or they have a really... odd fetish or somethin.

i think transexuals are the ones who cross dress.....cuz they feel like girls instead of just being attracted to the same sex....

anywho, its totally chill to dress in guy clothes.......i do it all the time....
i prefer guy band shirts than chick ones.....those girl tees usually suck.....

I want to precise, us, transsexuals do not crossdress, since we dress as the gender we identify as. We could conclude we crossdressed until we transitioned to the "right" gender. But of course, I know that people who are strangers to me would probably conclude too fast that I am a crossdresser, not a transsexual so... I mean, I still have a male's voice, not a deep one however... so whenever I talk...

It's not that it's bothering me, since I tend to not pay attention to others... And my look is passable...

Oh and transsexuals can either be hetero or homo (or even bisexual). It has no link with the gender identity!

To answer the thread creator: everyone has something they prefer. I mean, I feel like a girl so I dress like a girl, take hormones and such. If you feel like more comfortable in boy's clothes, go ahead, you are FREE to dress as you want!
SpiritOfTheWindsOct 7, 2008 3:21 PM
Oct 8, 2008 5:29 AM
Jul 2008
Crossdressing isn't necessarily gay, regardless of your gender. It is, however, pretty damn hot if you have the looks for it. *_*
Oct 8, 2008 8:15 AM

Jun 2008
I do not think so
Its perfectly normal for a girl to wear guy clothes and feel comfortable cause it is
in fact women clothes are designed to look well no to be comfortable.

I had that idea sometimes

volcano00
personal lolicon goddess¡¡
http://www.sambakza.net/peom/tteotta_eng.htm
Oct 8, 2008 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
volcano00 said:
I do not think so
Its perfectly normal for a girl to wear guy clothes and feel comfortable cause it is

Not necessary. It depends on the piece of clothes. I do find them comfortable in their own way. Well, that's my opinion of course...

Note: I find girl's clothes more comfortable... mostly skirts!
Oct 9, 2008 3:01 AM

Dec 2007
volcano00 said:
I do not think so

Lol. Most clothes are designed to be comfortable. There is nothing more comfortable than a skirt: most times it seems like you're not even wearing it... I guess that's why girls hate them so much.

Now, things change if you're talking about shoes. *proud of her feet crowded with scars and holes caused by evil shoes* They are survivors.
Oct 9, 2008 5:38 AM

Sep 2008
I see some female cloths and Im like how the hell do they stand to wear that but Im so glad they do ^^
Oct 9, 2008 6:34 AM

Sep 2008
ladyxzeus said:

Now, things change if you're talking about shoes. *proud of her feet crowded with scars and holes caused by evil shoes* They are survivors.

O.o What kind of shoes are you wearing?!

The only reason I don't like dresses and skirts is that I seem to trip alot...so i end up wearing only pants.
-------GW2 --------
Oct 9, 2008 8:18 AM

Sep 2008
I never see females in short skirts trip, you would have more of a chance to trip in baggy pants than an exceptinally small skirt ;)
Oct 9, 2008 9:28 AM

Sep 2008
I trip either way so might as well trip in pants right? xD

Isn't it only considered crossdressing if you're dressing up to make people think you're a guy? I don't think just wearing a guys top would qualify as crossdressing.
-------GW2 --------
Oct 9, 2008 1:52 PM

Oct 2008
It's not really that weird. The difference between girl clothes and guy clothes is all a mental thing anyway. <_<
Oct 9, 2008 6:30 PM

Dec 2007
TrgrHappy said:
ladyxzeus said:

O.o What kind of shoes are you wearing?!

The only reason I don't like dresses and skirts is that I seem to trip alot...so i end up wearing only pants.

My Goblins are the most painful, the pink Melissas turn out a torture after wearing them 8 straight hours, the academic uniform shoes were most likely conceived by a demon, the Campers hurt quite a lot if not wearing stockings. And this is my list of my painful shoes. =p

I understand why you don't want to trip in a skirt. It hurts more if you hit the floor and, since we're not innocent anime girls, ecchi moments are avoidable. xD
Oct 9, 2008 9:29 PM

Jun 2008
Nine_Lives said:
It's not really that weird. The difference between girl clothes and guy clothes is all a mental thing anyway. <_<

I must say you are right on that... Well, it's the society who is responsible for that.

ladyxzeus said:
volcano00 said:
I do not think so

Lol. Most clothes are designed to be comfortable. There is nothing more comfortable than a skirt: most times it seems like you're not even wearing it... I guess that's why girls hate them so much.

Yes, the clothes are comfortable in the both sexes I must agree, but males' clothes are designed to be "big" and female mostly "tight"... but both comfortable.

The only thing that is different for a woman is that it is very hard to find comfortable shoes!
Oct 9, 2008 9:57 PM

Jul 2007
StackOverflow said:
The only thing that is different for a woman is that it is very hard to find comfortable shoes!

I think there are plenty of comfortable shoes out there for women... Whether or no they're considered "fashionable" is another question, though.
Oct 9, 2008 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
Here's a question: Is it strange that i sometimes wear nekomimi and a bow with ribbons in my back, usually with cult limited dark ambient bandshirts whilst being a guy. I do look some-what feminine and have a babyface. I'm in my early twenties and have never shaven and look clean shaven, to add to that. People usually guess me as fourteen and also a lot as a girl until I begin to talk.

Oh, and I have longish hair.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 10, 2008 1:39 AM

Jun 2008
url_elf said:
StackOverflow said:

I think there are plenty of comfortable shoes out there for women... Whether or no they're considered "fashionable" is another question, though.

Well, of course, but it's maybe my feet which are not "normal"... I have a lot of difficulties to find a shoe who fits perfectly. It must depends on the person and on the shoes I choose... But then again, it does not mean I do not wear them. I do love them! But I would not walk 2 hours in a row with them! XD Well, except if it's my running shoes...

khorven said:
Here's a question: Is it strange that i sometimes wear nekomimi and a bow with ribbons in my back, usually with cult limited dark ambient bandshirts whilst being a guy. I do look some-what feminine and have a babyface. I'm in my early twenties and have never shaven and look clean shaven, to add to that. People usually guess me as fourteen and also a lot as a girl until I begin to talk.

Have a photo? I could have a better image of what you said...

But, no. It is not strange. If you do like dressing as you do, it is your choice, and YOURS only! You do not have to dress like everyone, of even follow fashion tendancies. Everyone is free to dress as they want, including accessories, piercings, etc. Looking girly or manly, for a boy or a girl, it's just a wear to dress up for the society. The choice is ours only.

As for your hair, I do know a lot of boys with long hair. I think long hair is better. ^^
SpiritOfTheWindsOct 10, 2008 1:42 AM
Oct 10, 2008 4:35 AM

Dec 2007
khorven said:

It depends of the rest of the clothing, just with that mental picture it seems rather cute.

And there are many super fashionable female shoes that are also comfortable. Shall I recommend the black stillets I once bought in a fair, most comfortable thing I own (but are now filled with sand and must be fixed T^T) and Melissa shoes. I also have a low platform creepers that are very comfortable, but most low platforms are. =p

LET'S OPEN A TOPIC TO TALK ABOUT SHOOOOEEEEZZZZZZZ
Oct 10, 2008 5:13 AM

Sep 2008
StackOverflow said:
khorven said:

Have a photo? I could have a better image of what you said...
I wasn't all that serious, but never do I neglect an opportunity to attention whore, that's probably why they referred to me as 'L' at some times, especially when I wore a white longsleeve, I tend to walk bare-footed, grab things in an unusual manner and sit on shit in an unusual manner, I sit like that on chairs and do my tests in that seat.

But, no. It is not strange. If you do like dressing as you do, it is your choice, and YOURS only! You do not have to dress like everyone, of even follow fashion tendancies. Everyone is free to dress as they want, including accessories, piercings, etc. Looking girly or manly, for a boy or a girl, it's just a wear to dress up for the society. The choice is ours only.
That's why I wasn't that serious.

As for your hair, I do know a lot of boys with long hair. I think long hair is better. ^^
Impartial to it, as well as with females.
ladyxzeus said:
And there are many super fashionable female shoes that are also comfortable. Shall I recommend the black stillets I once bought in a fair, most comfortable thing I own (but are now filled with sand and must be fixed T^T) and Melissa shoes. I also have a low platform creepers that are very comfortable, but most low platforms are. =p

LET'S OPEN A TOPIC TO TALK ABOUT SHOOOOEEEEZZZZZZZ
No shoes > good looking shoes.
nihlniisadxhaiOct 10, 2008 5:35 AM
Perelman, martyr
Oct 10, 2008 5:59 AM

Feb 2008
Visual Kei. That's all that needs to be said.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Oct 10, 2008 6:10 AM

Sep 2008
Mana is more Photoshoped than Britney + CS4 with all their powers combined.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 10, 2008 9:15 AM

Dec 2007
Sayalol said:
Visual Kei. That's all that needs to be said.

Only good looking guys turn into good lookings girls, that's my theory.

Oct 10, 2008 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
My theory is that every-one turns into some-thing good looking with Photoshop CS4.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 10, 2008 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
khorven said:
My theory is that every-one turns into some-thing good looking with Photoshop CS4.

Nope. I tried with myself and it did not work. *-*
Oct 10, 2008 9:26 AM

Sep 2008
ladyxzeus said:
khorven said:
My theory is that every-one turns into some-thing good looking with Photoshop CS4 and someone who can use it.

One more ingredient then...
Perelman, martyr
Oct 10, 2008 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
ladyxzeus said:
khorven said:

Well, let's it be done by professionnals! ;)
Oct 10, 2008 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Not all cross dressers are gay @@;

It is not strange :3

Oct 10, 2008 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
I am not at all interested in cross dressing (I would look horrible in women's clothes, anyway :X), but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. Gender is a social construct, so cross dressers are just bending the man-made "rules" a bit.

In fact, uh, confession time -- I think female cross dressers are kind of hot. >>;;;
Oct 10, 2008 5:00 PM

Sep 2008
To like cross dressing don't make you gay, I don't see any problem, your doing it for fun not to show that your gay right? It is always more exciting to do something strange or forbidden.
Oct 10, 2008 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
its not weird - i know people who would rather buy guy clothes than girl clothes because they think they look better & stuff.
Oct 10, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
lol not weird at all.

i prefer guys clothes P= there much more comfortable
Oct 10, 2008 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
frodofork said:
I'm a girl, by the way.
I'm perfectly straight. (I have nothing against gays)
I just enjoy wearing boy clothes.
I wanted to see if there was something wrong with me. xD

girls don't always look gay when dressing as boys
but boys do look gay when they put some dress on and wear high hils and so on ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2008 5:56 PM

Jul 2008
Peralisc said:
frodofork said:
I'm a girl, by the way.
I'm perfectly straight. (I have nothing against gays)
I just enjoy wearing boy clothes.
I wanted to see if there was something wrong with me. xD

girls don't always look gay when dressing as boys
but boys do look gay when they put some dress on and wear high hils and so on ...

not if there hot enough to pull it off ^^
Oct 11, 2008 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
no, it's not strange.

it's queer.
Oct 11, 2008 11:37 PM

Jun 2008
How can girls cross dress anyway? Almost all the clothes guys wear excluding formal attire are suitable for women to wear as well.
I'm back.
Oct 12, 2008 4:42 AM

Jul 2008
Sick-Bastard said:
How can girls cross dress anyway? Almost all the clothes guys wear excluding formal attire are suitable for women to wear as well.

There are slight differences in cuts and the like to accustom for the different body shapes around hips and the like, but in general, this man sums up my own view quite well, with exception for the fact that formal attire can be used in a non-formal context and look fair on males and females alike.
As for the reverse, well, Aikido and a couple of other classical japanese martial arts use skirt-like wear over the lower body.
What I'm saying is, if anything it depends on the context as there are ways for males to use what is today considered female clothing without being considered strange.
Oct 12, 2008 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
pulverkaffi said:
no, it's not strange.

it's queer.

QFT! xD
Oct 12, 2008 11:57 AM

Aug 2008
I don't see a problem with it.. I prefer wearing "boy" clothes & I'm straight..
Oct 14, 2008 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
Nope, that's fine, my other female friends also often act as boy -they are tomboys, and it's really no problem, So just be confident with yourself , totally nothing's wrong.
Oct 14, 2008 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
If you feel yourself better in boy clothes, why not?!
But if a boy feel better himself in a girl clothes, that is one other story :D
Oct 14, 2008 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
It's not that bad, specially as a prank, personally, I would treat it as a kind of acting, I did it myself and it was fun ^^, but I don't think it's good to be done the whole time, since it may affect you socially
Oct 14, 2008 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
ErGoPrOxY said:

Same point I tryed to make earlier in the thread.
Oct 14, 2008 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks for all your opinions.
I'll continue to wear whatever I want. :D
I would even if you guys said I was crazy. XD
Oct 14, 2008 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
frodofork said:
Thanks for all your opinions.
I'll continue to wear whatever I want. :D
I would even if you guys said I was crazy. XD

No matters what other peoples say... Wear what you like ;)

Well, I still have some masculine traits and my male's voice but I live as a girl. And I must say that people are more open than before. I never had any problems. But of course, I have a feminine appearance, which is helpful to not get too much attention. It's not the same thing if it would be a totally masculine person who's "dressing" up as a girl.
I understand what you say, but of course not totally because im a boy.Then this clothing help you a bit in your life. Then i can say only what i said before, wear if you feel better in that!
VargrOct 14, 2008 2:10 PM
Oct 14, 2008 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
ErGoPrOxY said:

Well, I still have some masculine traits and my male's voice but I live as a girl. And I must say that people are more open than before. I never had any problems. But of course, I have a feminine appearance, which is helpful to not get too much attention. It's not the same thing if it would be a totally masculine person who's "dressing" up as a girl.
Oct 15, 2008 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
Well a girl wearing shorts is really nothing in the culture I live, They wear jeans as well ?

But a guy walking around in a skirt, thats just not right.
Coming soon!
Oct 15, 2008 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
No there's nothing wrong with that. It's cool and hot :P
Though if some guy were to cross-dress it wouldn't be as much accepted.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.