Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 18, 2012 2:12 PM

After 2 episodes all I can say is that the show aint bad, but nothing spectacular either. The top tier VA cast feels like overkill - they dont fit their characters, especially Sayaka Ohara. The animation quality is too good for the art as well in my opinion.

Jul 18, 2012 8:35 PM

5/5 amazing episode

Jul 20, 2012 1:44 AM
Omg....I said I won't cry this episode too..but I did ,again!! Will probably be the best romance this season and more.Love it but really oh so sad [but i love that part too]

Jul 21, 2012 6:07 AM

Wow, this is an amazing romance. Top anime of the summer season for sure. I think right now I like Shimao better than Hazuki but I definitely support them both. And I laughed out loud when Rokka was on the floor with Hazuki on top of her and Shimao lay there between them!

Jul 21, 2012 4:36 PM

I feel bad for Shimao. Funny how this episode pulled me over to his side. He's much more interesting as a character compared to Hazuki lol.

Jul 31, 2012 4:12 PM

My only question: Why does Rokka keep calling her husband "Shimao-kun?" She does this in the flashbacks (where they're married) and the present. I mean, I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese, but from what I do know it would make more sense to address him as his given name, not family name (considering she is also "Shimao" now).

Aug 1, 2012 8:40 AM

lol Hazuki got cockblocked by a ghost. xD

Poor Rokka and Shimao there at the end. T_T

5/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Aug 7, 2012 9:52 PM

Whoa omg this anime is yet another to not be quite what I expected.
It's really pulling on my heart strings but I haven't cried yet yay! lol.

But still... this episode gave me that kinda depressed emotional korean drama type of feel omg. Still love it!! I know this show has so much potential lol :D

Aug 12, 2012 2:59 PM

First, I was afraid that it would be a basical anime romanance. But after I watched the first ep, I found the idea of a rivality enter the ghost and Hazuki prety interesting XD But I was now afraid that the story would be looow and would take many time to really begin: i mean the developement of their relationship ^^
And now I watched this second ep, I am TOTALLY satificted! It's quick and energic! I love it!
Emotional, funny, romantic, dramatic, it's a pretty good anime!

Aug 21, 2012 10:41 PM

Must be fun to be a ghost:

Sep 10, 2012 7:19 PM

Man, at the end it made me tear up a bit since the ghost couldn't do anything for her and was only spectating. Good anime so far

Sep 12, 2012 7:53 AM
Cratex said:
The dreaded Sleeping Without a Blanket Fever strikes again. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

lol
I always think it is it because its more humid in japan, nowhere being far from the ocean?

Stupid ghost man lets contrast and compare.

With you she wakes up with a fever and no-one around to help her as you whisper sweet little curses in her ear
With the young strong and full of ambition hazuki she wakes up all sexed-up and feeling good.

Walk towards the light man Hazuki's got this
Modified by thisguy2011, Sep 12, 2012 7:56 AM

Sep 14, 2012 1:31 AM
originanime

Second episode only and its already awesome!

Oct 19, 2012 5:27 AM

not going to lie, had tears in my eyes at the end just her shouting out his name saying she was sorry, and the look on his face just staring at his hands was heartbreaking :/ such a powerful episode, and once again the blend between humour and romance and sadness is perfect!

Nov 29, 2012 4:42 AM

ghost cock block xD

makes me think if all my ancestors have been watching me 24/7..

looks like this is gonna be another predictable one though =/

Feb 5, 2014 12:56 PM

Impressive episode, really like the pacing of the development! Things sure are getting good so let's see what's next!

Dec 16, 2014 10:25 PM

Liking this so far :)

Feb 21, 2015 11:06 AM

Man what a series. The blend of comedy and drama is really good and the way they play off the dead husband is both hilarious and depressing at the same time. It must be agonizing to be so close to the one you love but unable to reach out and do something for her.

Jun 24, 2015 12:45 AM

I love how they tried to incorporate each of the three characters' narratives, for that effectively sends out each of their emotions clearly to the audience and which helps to create this beautiful emotional complexity!

Dec 13, 2015 5:33 PM

AAh I loved it...
the whole episode got me to have mixed feeling it was heart warming yet so fu**kin sad, NOO I DID NOT CRY pfft...

tho I wish that he tells her at some point in the series that he could actually see her husband and let them have a conversation or something , "like hey Mr Ghost I appreciate your concern but I don't need you anymore can u die peacefully pls.."

but damn this is still so sad.. this is the first time for me to support both sides ..

Jan 3, 2016 2:04 AM

Keilis said:
THIS ANIME IS AMAZING.

true. a tearjerking one. the danna-sama although annoying with hazuki not letting anyone touches her wife, realizes that he's of no use at all to his wife cause he's dead. I actually cried about this whole not being able to pursue your wife again. .Also, jun fukuyama's voice is so soft that makes the moment even more beautiful.
Also, 8 yrs difference between hazuki and rokka? lol i thought hazuki looked older.

Jan 25, 2016 7:28 AM

Really liked this episode.
I think Hazuki is very romantic. I wanted to die when he tried to kiss Rokka. <3____<3
The husband is very selfish, when he wants to keep Rokka all to himself, but also.. that's how the human mind works. It's not easy to see someone getting closer to the person you love and hold dear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 7, 2016 5:26 PM

Rokka looks better with slightly longer hair. Her close-cropped hair makes her look like a little boy.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Mar 8, 2017 4:13 PM

fishergirl16 said:
Both of them were left behind in a sense, because the husband can't leave. It's just so sad. I was crying near the end where Shimao felt so helpless. The stories where a spouse dies really gets inside my heart, I just find it so depressing. And one of my uncle is now going through intense cancer treatment, and it doesn't look too good. I just feel so bad for his wife. Although I can't directly identify with their situation, it still really hurts knowing that this is close to me as well.

I honestly don't like Hazuki. I mean, his feelings are important, but doesn't he want to respect their marriage? I don't want those vows to be broken, even if they are in death now. It always upsets me when people remarry after their spouse dies.. I just feel like their betraying their loved one. *sigh* so complicated.
You just need to stop watching too much chinese drama.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]