Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Galaxy Express 999 Episode 48 Discussion

Jul 12, 2012 3:02 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When Brudas died and dropped a 999 pass I thought at least Zeda would get away. But it turned out to be more tragic. If earlier the show seemed like it was written for kids, now I'm not sure who's the target audience as it's taken such a dark turn. Another big name VA in Zeda, that was the same man who did Kasuga Kyosuke in Kimagure Orange Road. The president also sounded somehow familiar.

Feb 5, 2013 2:56 PM

^^ I also thought that at least Zeda will be able to escape and it's sad he isn't. Still, Tetsuro developed a lot during this arc.
Yeah, it's Furuya Tohru and he also did Amuro Ray in Gundam. :)

May 29, 2014 3:05 PM

Oh wow. No happy endings in this anime, eh? I wonder what happens in the end. I can't really see Tetsuro getting mechanical body and just living happy for his whole life.

May 22, 2015 4:00 PM

Feorg said:
When Brudas died and dropped a 999 pass I thought at least Zeda would get away.

sayami said:
^^ I also thought that at least Zeda will be able to escape

That's what I thought as well

Feorg said:
If earlier the show seemed like it was written for kids, now I'm not sure who's the target audience as it's taken such a dark turn.

It was a surprisingly grown-up episode. It's nothing like "The Witch of Plated City", another two episodes story were everything works out like a charm

Nov 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Epic ending of this arc! Really tragic ending, yet really great! Let's see what's next!

May 19, 8:57 AM
Maetel should’ve just blow the planet up after the failed revolt just like before. Also Zeda shouldve have listened to Tetsuro what idiocy.
Modified by Exotic9, May 19, 10:48 AM