Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2012 4:36 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the letters do have powers, Ichigo can listen to everyone's desperation while he can't get out. Some shinigami are acting strange, probably some kind of manipulation.
Kirge was suddenly killed (?), please let it be Grimmjow.

I'm really disappointed, 500 chapters and neither did we get color pages nor an extra long chapter.
ZhouJul 10, 2012 4:45 AM
Jul 10, 2012 4:42 AM

Dec 2009
Dang letters, why are you so evil?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 10, 2012 4:44 AM

Jan 2009
lol what a freaking short chapter their hardly any development at all, ichigo still stuck and kirge killed by an unknown enemy and that unknown enemy is sort of gonna attack Urahara too, thats alll about this chapter!!!

anyway i hope Kirge's jail spell on Ichigo will be gone now since his dead now
Jul 10, 2012 4:48 AM
Feb 2011
it would be awesome if because of all those screams Ichigo is hearing he would break down and again transform to that hollow form in which he defeated Ulquiorra, but that ain't happening for sure :/
Jul 10, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
really short chapter again, but it's not bad,
and who the hell that unknown killer !!? damn, fucking cliffhanger ! ><
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 10, 2012 5:03 AM

Jan 2012
OMFGGGGGGGGGG, Please let it be Grimmjow, the sword is very simple looking, just like Grimmjow's but that may just be me being very hopeful.
Jul 10, 2012 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
Ahhh so short!! I want to know who that person is so badly! TT__TT
Jul 10, 2012 5:14 AM

Feb 2008
There's quite a few possibilities. Most likely it's Grimmjiow. After Ichigo defeated him I think all he did was "train" to get power so he should be much more stronger. He's the right amount of "evil" to point his sword at Urahara yet not kill him. And it's in HM. I just hope it's not a new unknown character. Though the fact that Urahara was so stunned could mean he knew the person well. It can't be Ishin since he wouldn't point his sword at Urahara. I doubt Aizen escaped yet. Maybe it's Gin? lol
sMugJul 10, 2012 5:18 AM
Jul 10, 2012 5:16 AM

Mar 2011
Ah the delicious sensation of false hope experienced by the shinigami in seireitei! Ahhhhhh!

Also, I don't think I have ever seen Urahara pull that face before. I hope it's an old friend!
Jul 10, 2012 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
Yet another awesome chapter, way to make up for the KT--->Fullbringer arcs Kubo.
Jul 10, 2012 5:22 AM
Oct 2011
Nothing much happened in this chapter, that was probably Grimmjow at the end, I thought first it was Isshin but it's unlikely.
Jul 10, 2012 5:34 AM

Mar 2009
The last page was a teeny bit intriguing.
Jul 10, 2012 5:43 AM

Jun 2011
That's gotta be Grimmjow at the end......
Jul 10, 2012 5:51 AM

Jun 2010
Yep. I think it's Grimmjow too.
Jul 10, 2012 5:53 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome and intense chapter as always, considering the intensity of this arc.

This is chapter 500 so whoever showed up should be significant.

I doubt its someone like Grimjow, since Urahara is plain shocked to see the person and grimjaw, while having speed, did not display the firepower of this kind.

Whoever it is, its clearly someone Urahara knows.

5/5
Jul 10, 2012 6:02 AM
Feb 2012
Love this chapter...and damn cliffhanger D:
I'm also thinking it's someone he knows...Yoruichi may be? ;o
Been awhile since she's appeared and she seems a likely person.
Jul 10, 2012 6:14 AM

Jan 2010
It's Don Kan'onji again!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 10, 2012 6:21 AM

Dec 2010
wow almost everyone's dead and the research lab started killing each other? That was weird. That jail thing is probably gone now since that guys dead.
Jul 10, 2012 6:25 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah that jail thing has probably been dispelled now. The mystery swordsman could be Grimmjow, (I really hope it is anyway), but would he be powerful enough to take on such a strong quincy? I guess its likely he's much stronger now, he might even have a second release now like Ulquiorra :O
Jul 10, 2012 6:29 AM

Nov 2008
Zhou said:
This! Was thinking the same. Though it probably isn't :/
We could also see Kenpachi, at least...
Jul 10, 2012 6:30 AM
Apr 2011
lol in chapter 500 all I saw was 5 pages of people saying Ichigo is coming and some people screaming and 2 good pages at the end. I don't thing that that was Grimjow if it is him then:
Grimjow defeated the bad guy in 1 page.
Ichigo tried to defeat the bad it 10 chapters and couldn't do it.
Jul 10, 2012 7:19 AM
Dec 2010
Sure, it was kind of slow. And yet, for its duration, I was enthralled.

THAT BETTER BE GRIMMJOW!!!!!!
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Jul 10, 2012 7:22 AM

Jan 2012
Calling it now the guy at the end is Grimmjow!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2012 7:42 AM
Jul 2011
Aizen
Jul 10, 2012 7:47 AM
Apr 2012
I believe the person that killed kirge was in fact either one of his own team (who is stronger) or at least some quincy, because in page 16 at the top you can see just before when he was cut in half, that he cried wait in panic. assuming that guy knew who cut him.

The sword at the end, that looked like uraharas to me (in its sealed state) so it looks like it was picked up for him to get back. Therefore the mysteruiys guy issss ryuken ishida :D
Jul 10, 2012 7:51 AM
Feb 2012
Jul 10, 2012 7:52 AM

May 2011
Curious for the unknown killer there.
Jul 10, 2012 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
Ichigo dad? or a sword weeling quincy, who knows though i think its going to be some one big importance
Jul 10, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2008
bassa_x said:
lol in chapter 500 all I saw was 5 pages of people saying Ichigo is coming and some people screaming and 2 good pages at the end. I don't thing that that was Grimjow if it is him then:
Grimjow defeated the bad guy in 1 page.
Ichigo tried to defeat the bad it 10 chapters and couldn't do it.

Did you even paid attention to what you read?

When Kirge set his blut to defense, even Ichigo will have a hard time cutting him but in the meanwhile his attack aren't strong. For that he has to put his blut into offense which make him vulnerable to about anything.

When he was fighting Ichigo he was constantly using his blut in defense because he hardly could match Ichigo's speed and he couldn't seal his bankai.
Just now when everyone is down and almost dead he has no point in keeping his blut in defense and thus he used it in offense for the optimal result, which left a very good opening to the guy that finished him off.
Jul 10, 2012 8:22 AM

Dec 2011
We might get to see Urahara serious now...

Or it is the possible return of Grimmjow!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2012 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez was my first thought, but it could be Ishida or Nel too.

Jul 10, 2012 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
OMG.That was epic.I really hope it's Grimmjow, though was he really this strong? i mean even Urahara didn't know what happened, and suddenly had sword next to head, but everything is possible.He could practice too eh.
The thing is, that Urahara was like ''Who was it'' which means he never felt this reiatsu before, which leads to only a few characters that we know.And its possible we will see a new char too...

PLEASE LET IT BE GRIMMJOW.
hungry_bunny said:

Why would Nel attack like that? and it's not Quincy.They don't use normal swords.
Jul 10, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2011
So let me start by saying this, Bleach is SO much better than Naruto at the moment.
Now then, this chapter was pretty good in my opinion :) Finally, that ending!!!!!! Who could it be? Maybe Grimmjow? Can't wait to find out :D
Jul 10, 2012 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
Epic chapter.Kenpachi is happy about Ichigo coming.And that last page pls let it be Grimmjow.
Jul 10, 2012 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
iLostReason said:
OMG.That was epic.I really hope it's Grimmjow, though was he really this strong? i mean even Urahara didn't know what happened, and suddenly had sword next to head, but everything is possible.He could practice too eh.
The thing is, that Urahara was like ''Who was it'' which means he never felt this reiatsu before, which leads to only a few characters that we know.And its possible we will see a new char too...

PLEASE LET IT BE GRIMMJOW.
hungry_bunny said:

Why would Nel attack like that? and it's not Quincy.They don't use normal swords.
Ishida picking up Urahara's sword or Nel feeling that Ichigo is in danger and turning into adult Nel. It's a long shot, especially since it looks like Kirge was "sliced" and not "pierced", but Grimmjow seems too obvious... or perhaps I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high followed by a classic Kubo-troll >__> Everything is possible in my opinion, could be Gin too... or Aizen.

Jul 10, 2012 9:11 AM

Sep 2009
i don't really think it's grimmjow, well not unless he suddenly went from #6 power-level to Stark's power leve....Halibel was stronger than him and she got her ass handed to her.

If Grimmjow were to fight Kirge, he'd get his ass handed to him.

And besides, judging from Urahara's face expression, it's someone he knows...and since he's not acquainted with Grimmjow, it couldn't be him.

I doubt it's Aizen since he's still imprisoned in SS....well, whoever it is, well find out next ch
Jul 10, 2012 9:39 AM

Feb 2012
Why do you think Grimmjow wouldn't be strong enough?! Seriously, more than 17 months have passed since his loss, you don't know how strong he could have become in that time, everything is possible.
Jul 10, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
hungry_bunny said:
Ishida picking up Urahara's sword or Nel feeling that Ichigo is in danger and turning into adult Nel. It's a long shot, especially since it looks like Kirge was "sliced" and not "pierced", but Grimmjow seems too obvious... or perhaps I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high followed by a classic Kubo-troll >__> Everything is possible in my opinion, could be Gin too... or Aizen.

First of, Ishida or Nel wouldn't attack Kisuke.And he would recognize their reiatsu immediately, at least Ishida's.Im 90% sure its not them...

Inarius said:
And besides, judging from Urahara's face expression, it's someone he knows...and since he's not acquainted with Grimmjow, it couldn't be him.

Its the opposite.He reacted like ''WHOS THAT'' because he didnt recognize the persons reiatsu.And yes, he never met Grimmjow(as i remember o_O), so its even more possible.

Zhou said:
Why do you think Grimmjow wouldn't be strong enough?! Seriously, more than 17 months have passed since his loss, you don't know how strong he could have become in that time, everything is possible.

This.Its not like Grimmjow would sit and eat pocky's for almost 2 years.
incompleteAEGISJul 10, 2012 9:59 AM
Jul 10, 2012 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:

He do not need to be much stronger, Kirge with his blut on offense have low defensive capabilities.

But maybe it can be Aizen. I could definitively see something along the line of "I've hypnotised some guy in SS so that if there's a war or an outbreak and I am imprisoned then they'll set me out of there and I'll be able to get out in the mess and confusion"
So far no Quincy have been shown to be able to use any kind of manipulation power so I'm concerned about that over anything. It's not the kind of power any Quincy would use since they pretty much possess the sames kind of power all over. They do not really have any unique trait unlike shinigami's zanpakutou.
Jul 10, 2012 9:56 AM
Oct 2011
@hungry_bunny You're following a good strategy there :P

Inarius said:
i don't really think it's grimmjow, well not unless he suddenly went from #6 power-level to Stark's power leve....Halibel was stronger than him and she got her ass handed to her.

If Grimmjow were to fight Kirge, he'd get his ass handed to him.

I doubt it's Aizen since he's still imprisoned in SS....well, whoever it is, well find out next ch
Grimmjow might've gotten stronger after the time skip, but still don't forget that, as Maddo_scientisto said, Kirge was defenseless because he was putting his Blut on offense.
Candor123Jul 11, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2007
iLostReason said:
hungry_bunny said:

First of, Ishida or Nel wouldn't attack Kisuke.And he would recognize their reiatsu immediately, at least Ishida's.Im 90% sure its not them...

Inarius said:

Its the opposite.He reacted like ''WHOS THAT'' because he didnt recognize the persons reiatsu.And yes, he never met Grimmjow, so its even more possible.

Zhou said:

This.Its not like Grimmjow would sit and eat pocky's for almost 2 years.

Grimjow would not be able to get to that level and he never displaying this level fo cutting power. He would have to be in resurrecion to do any kind of such damage(seriously, dude was splti in half by huge force) and then he would not have such a sword.

Considering its 500th chapter and its clearly someone powerful, I'd say its new and important character. Every anniversary had something HUGE happen in this manga.
Njs_Fluffy said:
So let me start by saying this, Bleach is SO much better than Naruto at the moment.
Now then, this chapter was pretty good in my opinion :) Finally, that ending!!!!!! Who could it be? Maybe Grimmjow? Can't wait to find out :D

By the pure fact that its an ACTUAL BLOODY WAR instead of a necrophiliac hug fest, its ALREADY better than naruto.

The fact that last 10 chapters or so managed to hold up and retain the same intense atmosphere is also a huge plus.
Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2009
Njs_Fluffy said:

I'd actually rank the "big 3", presently

1. Bleach
2. One Piece
3. Naruto

Never in my life thought I'd anticipate a Bleach chapter ahead of Naruto & One Piece, even Gintama for that matter.
Jul 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
I was actually joking about Aizen :P But if it was him I'd just go... "sure, why not? It's Bleach." Grimjow could get that strong only if he somehow managed to find his second release like Ulqiorra, but I still think it's something different. And I really don't understand how anyone could read anything out of Urahara's reaction, it was so vague!

If it's someone Urahara knows: a Vaizard.

If it's someone Urahara doesn't know: a Royal Guard in uniform.

It can't get more Kubo-trollish than that... could it?

Jul 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
Bleach hits the 500 mark with another terrible chapter.
What happened? Nothing.

Was Kubo trying to shock us when he said ichigo's vanished? He just confirmed that the people who died didnt really die which was the only redeeming factor for this arc. What a dumbass
End Zionazism
Jul 10, 2012 10:34 AM
Aug 2011
sMug said:
There's quite a few possibilities. Most likely it's Grimmjiow. After Ichigo defeated him I think all he did was "train" to get power so he should be much more stronger. He's the right amount of "evil" to point his sword at Urahara yet not kill him. And it's in HM. I just hope it's not a new unknown character. Though the fact that Urahara was so stunned could mean he knew the person well. It can't be Ishin since he wouldn't point his sword at Urahara. I doubt Aizen escaped yet. Maybe it's Gin? lol

If I remember well, Gin was killed by Aizen, so It would be impossible....
DuroDeMatar said:
Zhou said:
This! Was thinking the same. Though it probably isn't :/
We could also see Kenpachi, at least...

I also think but He will apear only in SS because He cannot control well reatsu so it would be difficult for him to go to HM
Jul 10, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Mikasa said:
What happened? Nothing.

Was Kubo trying to shock us when he said ichigo's vanished? He just confirmed that the people who died didnt really die which was the only redeeming factor for this arc. What a dumbass

I respectfully disagree. I've been a rather harsh critic of Bleach over the years, but this arc deserves nothing less than high praise. Outstanding pacing the last 10 chapters or so, this is how a war should be depicted. (Cough) Naruto.
Jul 10, 2012 10:46 AM

May 2010
Wow, that was epic. :o
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 10, 2012 11:12 AM
May 2012
fuck it gets really awesome !!!

Grimjow, or at least someone who will free ichigo.

Or maybe since kirge is dead, Ichigo is gonne be free anyway...
Jul 10, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
Mikasa said:
What happened? Nothing.

Lmao, you sir is funny.Nothing happened? another terrible chapter? youre just obviously Bleach hater and you need to hate.
Jul 10, 2012 11:16 AM
May 2009
Didn't Kubo confirm grimjow already died?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 672 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

72 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.