Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 17, 2008 3:41 PM

Sep 2008
Mostly for the artwork. It's more like a gutfeeling actually. I just find it very beautiful to look at and pleasant to read. But the fact that characters really come to live and have a character and emotions and stories behind them makes me read and love manga (and anime to watch offcourse.)
Sep 18, 2008 10:46 AM

Mar 2008
Q: Do you like Japanese manga?
A: Yes, I do. I don't read it in Japanese mind you xD.

Q: Why do you love Japanese manga?
A: The Art style and the feeling of the effort that the author and illustrator put into making it.

Q: What is Japanese manga's appeal that difference from American comic?
A: I just said it earlier in this post xD.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 18, 2008 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
What's not to like? Its got a story, its got artwork which gets better every year and it's a lot of fun. You can get attached to the characters, feel emotion, etc. Its the same with reading a book, watching anime or even a movie. It just happens to be in a different format.
Oct 2, 2008 10:32 AM

Sep 2008
Because its like anime in a book, lol.
Oct 2, 2008 8:41 PM

Dec 2007
Rpgwiz99 said:
Because its like anime in a book, lol.
Oct 2, 2008 9:21 PM
Sep 2008
yes, i do. Same all u.:D
it have many styles of manga.
it make me fun , happy and...etc. when i read it .

Manga Makers are so cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

from manga lover www.maniacartoon.com
Oct 4, 2008 9:19 AM

Sep 2008
Manga is really interesting as i love the use of culture in it.

Japanese people are really proud of their culture arn't they? that is something we should all applaude. personally i can understand and relate to some of the cultural parts and jokes as my culture (Chinese) has many similarites.

..and the artworks rock too..nosebleed..

thats why i love manga!
Oct 5, 2008 5:42 AM

Dec 2007
I like to read a good story together with good art. Art above all, I guess. =p
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 30, 2008 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
Why, because, Japanese manga is the first comic I've read since I was born, so my brain was originally infested by Japanese manga only . I've already contaminated by Japanese manga art that made me couldn't accept any kind of other arts like Marvel comics or some of them.

Different shape, form, and mimic + expression of American comic isn't suitable with my taste any longer so yeah, I do ignoring American style comics. I love oval, large eyes, and smooth lips version, which we call it manga.

And the story also, I don't know but Japan manga provide more various manga story, theme, and culture exchange as well. So yeah, that's it.
Nov 2, 2008 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
I like mangas because of the art
And also the story line
Nov 2, 2008 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
I got into Anime before manga, actually. But a friend of mine gave me the Hello Kitty manga once, and I started to read. And I found Manga to be just as interesting as Anime, plus it takes up less time, due to the fact that you can read anywhere at anytime. That you cannot do with Anime.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
(this will come when the main site is up)
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Tutorial on how to resize GIF images in Photoshop CS3(avatars,signatures)
Nov 6, 2008 8:12 AM
Nov 2008
My dad asked me this question last week, and this was the best answer I could give:
I love books because they allow you to get inside characters' heads. But, even with the most imagery-filled prose, getting a real sense of setting, tone and expression is difficult. Which is what I love about film, both animation and live-action. To me, manga is a marriage of those two mediums. It combines visual art with text, allowing both words and pictures to fully bring the characters and story to life in a way books and movies can't. Of course, manga isn't perfect, there are some things that are better as books, some that are better as films, and it has its limitations. That is the best way I can describe it, I guess.
Nov 7, 2008 9:37 PM

Sep 2008
well :) i love reading , so i think its the most reason who make me love manga after all ^^.

Nov 11, 2008 7:48 PM

Nov 2008
well at least i love the style in most of the books. way more prettier than american comic books are.
and i like the way stories are so...unique in comparing to western literature.
that crazy imagination of japanese mangaka's! wow!
That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie And With Strange Eons Even Death May Die
Nov 11, 2008 7:56 PM

Sep 2008
Do you like japanese manga?
HELL YES.

Why do you love japanese manga?
I DON'T KNOW. It's like a drug... i can't get enough of it.

What is Japanese manga's appeal that difference from American comic?
EVERYTHING. Although American Comics aren't bad, Japanese mangas are just more open and can break free from just being about super-heroes.
What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Nov 16, 2008 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
I love manga because i love the ART styles and the stories are usually better/different then the animes. and buying manga is WAY cheaper than buying anime DVDs
Nov 17, 2008 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
Yes I love Manga =D, Hmmm I guess just the artwork in itself is quiet appealing and stories and the likes all contribute to why I like it
Nov 17, 2008 9:25 AM
Aug 2008
I think the question you should be asking is not what people like about manga, but instead it should be what people don't like about manga because seriously what's not to like about manga? It's got everything people looking for entertainment would want plus it collecting mangas is just so much fun
Nov 25, 2008 2:56 PM
Nov 2007
lets see personally i enjoy reading manga as way to kick back. I also prefer them over the american style comic because most manga usually have a story line that goes for a while instead of a collection of many stories in one comic of a series. Theyre a quick and fun read when you just dont feel liking reading a heavy book
Nov 26, 2008 11:08 AM
Sep 2008
Some of them are funny and interesting!^^
Nov 26, 2008 11:38 AM

Feb 2005
The question is, why Wouldn't I like manga? Sure, there's a lot of downright awful series out there, but there are some true pearls in between.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
3 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
5 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Today, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.