Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2007 3:00 AM

Mar 2007
Do you have any experience of the Japanese culture? Do you practice tea ceremonies every evening to get better at it? Is it possible to get better at it? What sets the rules for an art that can't be perfectioned? Or can it be? Who sets those rules then? I seem to have some questions,, perhaps you have some answers? =)
Enjoy!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 7, 2007 2:40 PM

May 2007
Hmm I have a little experience with some japanese culture but not much
as for getting better at something cultural you don't really get better at it
you just get used to it until it becomes something natural to you but I guess
you can call that getting better at it if you want.
Sep 8, 2007 2:34 AM

Mar 2007
I think it was something I read that a tea ceremony is an art form in itself so you can't become perfect in it. But there must be someone who is the "master" of tea ceremonies? Someone who is better than all the rest,, or at least recognized as being so.
Sep 8, 2007 9:25 AM

Jun 2007
Origami.. Is it 1 of japanese cultures too ?

Now I`m really into it.. I`m learning how to make crane and more.. :D

Sep 8, 2007 10:49 AM

Mar 2007
lolester said:
Origami.. Is it 1 of japanese cultures too ?

Now I`m really into it.. I`m learning how to make crane and more.. :D

Dunno if it is a culture but feel free to post some images of it when its done =)
Oct 20, 2007 4:17 PM

Oct 2007
Origami is sort of a cultural phenomenon; it's grown to encompass all paper-folding arts, even of other countries. There are names for some of the folds, and many of the resulting origami work represents a certain aspect, like peace or prosperity. There are some legends built around some of the origami forms, like the paper crane or just the art itself.

It's also kind of a competition/challenge for those who are truly masters of the art. ^w^ The type of paper, the color, everything is pretty vital to the outcome of the final product; it can get pretty serious!
Oct 28, 2007 11:39 PM

Aug 2007
Malyrush said:
Origami is sort of a cultural phenomenon; it's grown to encompass all paper-folding arts, even of other countries. There are names for some of the folds, and many of the resulting origami work represents a certain aspect, like peace or prosperity. There are some legends built around some of the origami forms, like the paper crane or just the art itself.

It's also kind of a competition/challenge for those who are truly masters of the art. ^w^ The type of paper, the color, everything is pretty vital to the outcome of the final product; it can get pretty serious!

Ooh I love origami but I never really thought of it that way (I just follow the instructions lol). Is there an anime about origami?
Oct 29, 2007 4:02 AM

Mar 2007
There is an episode in the anime series Witch Hunter Robin of a hunter that notifice his next victim that he is coming for them by leaving an origami crane in the hand of the dead victim that comes before him. SPOOKY =).
Oct 29, 2007 8:21 AM

Aug 2007
Zirgo said:
There is an episode in the anime series Witch Hunter Robin of a hunter that notifice his next victim that he is coming for them by leaving an origami crane in the hand of the dead victim that comes before him. SPOOKY =).

Oh yeah, I love that anime ^_^
May 4, 2013 3:02 AM

Dec 2011
Sinslash said:
Zirgo said:

Oh yeah, I love that anime ^_^

And in Code Geass Lelouch's sister loves making origami. :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Presenting Japan to my classmates!

christian_otaku - May 4, 2013

0 by christian_otaku »»
May 4, 2013 2:33 AM

» Japanese Music

Zirgo - Sep 4, 2007

21 by SweetFrailty »»
Feb 5, 2013 7:27 AM

» Japanese Martial Arts

Zirgo - Aug 29, 2007

23 by elsol »»
Mar 24, 2010 3:26 PM

» Japanese food

Zirgo - Aug 29, 2007

38 by AngelHana »»
Dec 9, 2009 5:40 AM

» Wakan: Great Language Resource

wintercarver - Feb 23, 2008

1 by Jin-Sakurai »»
Aug 9, 2009 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.