Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know if I should start this since there is the niconico event topic (or was that the recap).

Anyway, La Garite is fighting De Metrio so that means Lan versus Muginami. On Earth Madoka is not quite herself. Astelia wants a meeting with La Garite (maybe De Metrio as well) and decides to have it at Kamogawa. This leads to Lan going to see Madoka. Lan wants Madoka to pilot the Vox Aura again, but De Metrio is against it so Muginami rushes in to stop her. Lan and Muginami face off and Madoka gets angry, causing Vox Aura to start up again.

OP and ED are nice. They recycled some scenes in them but Nakajima Megumi is always nice to hear and the ED by the three main seiyuus is catchy.

Oh yeah, apparently Viz Anime is going to simulcast it. I guess it is just a matter of time before fansub groups find out and provide web rips or rip the script and put it on 720p video quality. (Warui already ripped it I believe.)
prismheartJul 8, 2012 12:24 PM
Jul 8, 2012 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah Viz came out fast, nothing except some Raws are out. Hopefully Madoka will stop the fighting, but it doesn't look like it'll end nice.

What the...the OP and the ED take a lot of the previous OP/ED scenes. A painful reminder that this show really made little of a profit. Meh, not as good as the first two.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jul 8, 2012 1:59 PM
Oct 2010
yay now i get to wait weekly for new eps.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 8, 2012 2:11 PM

Oct 2011
I'm not to fond of this start
as I recall previous season here there was something missing here - for sure it was weaker than it used to be
like turning Madoka into some pre-emo (rest of cast is in similar stage, Lan for sure)... she was far better in her simpleton mode there is still hope she will move back to it

but they made good job in showing La Garite as those not nice people that should be wiped out :3
Jul 8, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
I'm glad that the men know a good woman when they see one, ogling Mamiko Noto like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 2:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Woof.

I wonder if the operators of Pharos appreciate the new "door" Madoka made for them.

Hmm. I actually liked the new opener. As for Madoka being different, she's been through a lot and had a year to worry about what was happening to her friends - seemed right to me.
Jul 8, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2011

Rinne no Lagrange returns after a seasons break. Finally!

Also new OP song.

Well, as for the pilot episode of Season 2, it's not too impressive. However, it was entertaining and relaxing to watch. Lan's return to the series brings out back that nostalgic feeling back from the Winter Season especially with her "woof". There seems to be drama going around this episode especially between Lan and Muginami.

~cliffhanger.

Well, this series does not disappoint tbh and I liked this episode. Summer's definitely here and time to cool with this Jersey Club :D
Jul 8, 2012 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
Episode was maru. Loved it. Love the new OP as well even though it is not as good as Try Unite (yet). New ED will take some getting used to though.
Jul 8, 2012 3:52 PM

Jan 2012
Finally it's back! Been waiting for this. Loved the first season. The first episode was great. But I wonder why are Lan and Muginami fighting. Looking forward to next episode.

Jul 8, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2008
Dont like the new OP & ED. Didn't like how Lan and Madoka reunited. Felt too rushed and somewhat silly. Aside from that, it was pretty good.
Jul 8, 2012 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
Now Madoka is back with her maru :)

It's too late to stop Madoka to ride Aura again, lol they fighting again and Madoka have to stop them again.

" It's already new semester, so wake up your sleepyhead "

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2012 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Intense. I love that it's finally back.

I hope the fight between Lan and Mugi get's resolved. It was very sad to see them fighting like that.
Jul 8, 2012 6:08 PM
Apr 2010
waaaaa!! Nice first episode!!! This should be very VERY intense! gotta love it.
Jul 8, 2012 6:30 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
The ED made me facepalm! -_-

Other than that, it was nice seeing everyone back even though those two are fighting.
Jul 8, 2012 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
yay it's back! not the strongest start but they still have to get rid of whatever drama is between those two or then that and the Ed ;_; it was good.
Jul 8, 2012 7:07 PM

Jun 2008
I'm excited.
Jul 8, 2012 7:27 PM

Mar 2011
Nice to see the story rolling right off the back.
More Lan is always appreciated. :D
Jul 8, 2012 8:09 PM

Sep 2009
I'm about ready to see some real drama.
Jul 8, 2012 8:36 PM

Oct 2007
saxophone15 said:
I'm about ready to see some real threesome Yuri action.
Fixed

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 8, 2012 10:16 PM
Sep 2010
Madoka is finally back with midori, and Lan is back to it was a great episode to watch overall.
Jul 8, 2012 11:44 PM

Jun 2009
Siva said:
saxophone15 said:
I'm about ready to see some real threesome Yuri action.
Fixed

oh yeah, I'm all in for that.

It's been only 2 months since I watched the first season and I already can't remember what happened O_o
Originally I didn't even plan to watch the second season. Only picked this up on a whim since there was no Saki this week and I needed something to watch now.
Jul 9, 2012 3:34 AM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, I think I should re-watch season one, I forgot too much stuff about the politics and all those terms.

How dare her brother do that to Lan, he is an asshole, remember how he killed all those people in season one?
Jul 9, 2012 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
YAY! My favourite shoujo ai couple, Lan/Madoka, of win... wait... I mean... mecha of winter season is back. Now, I'll get even more reasons to always think of shoujo ai when I hear Madoka. Anyway, the start was interesting but kinda... I dunno... I thought we got over the Lan vs. Muginami fight in the first season. Hopefully, we're not back there, it would be a big step back story wise. (The only Lan vs. Muginami I approve of is over Madoka. :-P)

Anyway, yay for Lan/Madoka... no, that's not it... yay for awesome air fights! But I wonder why Muginami has such cool stuff (the cape/shield and laser staff) while Lan has nothing special. I want Lan-chan to kick ass not Muginami. :-( Aside form that, I look forward to more explanation about Vox and Flower of Rinne.
Jul 9, 2012 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
Finally Madoka is back!!
It's really great to see this Anime again i was wondering what would happen after the last season and now we can fins out.
It's was a long wait but seems to have been one worth it.
It also seems that Lan's planet is the bad guy this time and it also seemed to me they where after Madoka.
And it probably also has something to do with the experiments they where conducting on Lan .
Jul 9, 2012 9:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Murginami and Lan fighting...

In the last episode of season 1 Muginami choose to save Lord Vilajulio What's His Name and left with his retreating forces. That immediately put her on the other side from the faction represented by Lan and her brother, with whom they are at war. Add to the mix that Muginami is afraid of what will happen to Madoka if she pilots a Vox again and Lan mistaking this for hostile intentions, since she never really did learn to trust Muginami. Mix in manipulative/double dealing/dishonest brothers, advisers, politicians, etc, and I'd be surprise if they were NOT trying to kill each other again.
Jul 9, 2012 10:54 AM

Oct 2011
I'm not fond of the new opening/ending songs or sequences and the episode itself was rather average. At least the story is pushing forward!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 9, 2012 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't really like the ED song, OP song was okay. Nice Wallpaper at the end <3. Right into the action, hopefully. Also the experiments on Lan..wonder what that is about.
Jul 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
I feel the 1st OP has a lot more energy and excitement compared to the new OP. No "MARU!" in the new OP as well. Waiting eagerly for the next episode since I saw the pre-air already.
Jul 9, 2012 1:11 PM

May 2011

completely okay with this
Jul 9, 2012 1:47 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
allrealelements said:

I suppose, as long as he is happy. And he never tries to wear a uniform like the one Madoka is wearing ;)
Jul 9, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
I'm a bit confused. What the hell got into Muginami? Why is she trying to kill Madoka all of a sudden? I though she wasn't siding with Vilagulio anymore. I'm really wondering what happened between them. Can't wait to find out next week. Get inbetween them Madoka!

Jul 9, 2012 4:03 PM

Oct 2011
Loved the episode, new OP/ED's are okay - but not amazing.

I believe Muginami is tryng to stop Lan from forcing Madoka to pilot Aura again - and I'm on her side. I don't want any of them going through what Lan was, testing and bearing that much pain...
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jul 9, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2010
Episode was sick, now its time to find out why they're all trying to kill each other OP Style was awesome not so much the song/ ED dont care i never get that far.
Jul 9, 2012 5:48 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Onyxthegreat said:
I'm a bit confused. What the hell got into Muginami? Why is she trying to kill Madoka all of a sudden? I though she wasn't siding with Vilagulio anymore. I'm really wondering what happened between them. Can't wait to find out next week. Get inbetween them Madoka!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=461343&pages=2&show=20#msg15802731
Jul 9, 2012 6:26 PM

Apr 2008
Wan indeed. It wasn't the best of starts to a second cour I've ever seen, but it brought the three girls back together in the end. Next episode it looks like Papa Madoka gonna hafta slap some bitches back in line. They've gotten rather unruly without her around.

In all seriousness I'm not too happy with Lan right now. She 'abandons' Madoka like she did, and when she does finally comes back all she can think about is getting Madoka back in Midori so I'm assuming she can please her brother. I hope there's more to this situation than that. From what was shown it definitely looks like Muginami's been more concerned with Madoka herself in the year absence.

Op and Ed were great. Not better or worse than the last cour, and definitely very catchy.
Jul 10, 2012 12:10 AM

Aug 2010
WAN IS BACK! Oh God, that was lovely. I wonder if the preview was a nod towards the yuri fans out there.

A solid first episode, I'm glad the crew is back together, I expect them to make up soon and realize they were in some kind of misunderstanding. 4/5.

I prefer the S1 opening, and while the ED was funny and nice (I love it when they have the cast sing them), I won't really listen to it more.
Jul 10, 2012 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Woof~
Great start there, i think i didn't forget any important facts from season one, but that recap episode would be a good thing to watch before moving on with next episodes.
After seeing how Dizelmine really is, and his actions from season 1, i'm betting he'll be revealed to be actual main bad guy of this season. I just wonder if he has any more complicated plans or he just want so utilize full Vox power and use it to destroy De Metrio. Madoka with Aura are needed for that as well, thus Lan came to try and scout her to join Le Garite.
Also i'm pretty sure Muginami doesn't want to kill Madoka, she wants to prevent her piloting Aura for Le Garite. Lan still doesn't trust Muginami though so it's natural for her to assume Maginami wants to kill Madoka.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 10, 2012 8:56 AM
Jan 2011
Jaajibu Damashii!

I was waiting for this with excitement and I'm not disappointed so far.

This first episode was somewhat dynamic, but I liked it.

But, wait. Muginami trying to kill Madoka? No, there must be something to this.

Anyway, I'm glad there is a second season.

Jul 10, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
This... wasn't good at all. I hope it gets better soon.
Jul 10, 2012 2:55 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
Loved the reuniting of Lan and Madoka, you could see that Lan went through a lot of pain and that the hug was like a total relieve for her. Also Madoka lighted up immediately when she saw Lan.

Muginami is an ass, like always. She's getting on my nerves, seriously.

And also: Lan's brother is a fucking douche, I wish I could punch him. How does he even dare doing this to Lan. He's destroying her, what a fucktard.

I'm so glad the 2nd season is finally airing!
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jul 11, 2012 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
New OP is decent. On the other hand, the ED is so incredibly annoying. As for the episode, it was alright. For me, it just felt a little too, I don't know underwhelming compared to the previous season's ending. Characters pick up almost exactly where they left off with a minor time skip, but with absolutely zero intensity. And the more dark underlying themes seem to be gone. Hopefully, the next episode gives a clearer picture of what's going on and thrusts us back into the drama.
Jul 11, 2012 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Welcome back Rinne i've missed you. Enjoyable episode, Lan reuniting with Madoka was a touching moment and it seems a lot has gone on in that one year gap.
Jul 11, 2012 2:59 PM
Jul 2011
A bit depressing, but I'm afraid it makes sense with politics and intrigues being like they have been.

Madoka really needs to take control and knock her harem into shape - it hurts to see the three of them like this. Well, it's still 11 episodes and I'm sure there will be some good times, too.

allrealelements said:

Bliss ^^ I guess he's completely fused with that maid outfit by now :-P

Btw. - am I the only one who likes the ED? It's so upbeat and summery :-)
Jul 12, 2012 6:38 AM
May 2012
WHAT IS GOIN ON?!

Lan & Muginami are now hating/fighting each other now?!

I guess this could be an another My-HiME for me.

PS - I've been waiting for this new episode for a long time. NO wonder why they skipped the last scene into an epilogue from last ep (EP12) wondering what happened.
JafriZinJul 13, 2012 8:34 AM
Jul 12, 2012 12:28 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, although the OP and ED are very budget-like.
I guess this show will sell ever worse than it did with season 1 because Muv-Luv is way better imo.
It's fun to watch so why not?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 13, 2012 8:45 AM
May 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

MeleDeGame said:
Loved the reuniting of Lan and Madoka, you could see that Lan went through a lot of pain and that the hug was like a total relieve for her. Also Madoka lighted up immediately when she saw Lan.

Muginami is an ass, like always. She's getting on my nerves, seriously.

And also: Lan's brother is a fucking douche, I wish I could punch him. How does he even dare doing this to Lan. He's destroying her, what a fucktard.

I'm so glad the 2nd season is finally airing!

That's what I want to know, guys. Oh yeah, you mean that Moid guy? I'll be suprised IF he's goin to be a BIG BAD soon. You'll never know.

Damn, my mind is bothering me about this all of the sudden. talked about mood killer till it's gets me an emotionally stressed.
JafriZinJul 13, 2012 6:06 PM
Jul 13, 2012 8:27 PM

Jan 2010
Not a good start. Lucky that it's a second season as I can't imagine anyone getting any enjoyment out of this without nostalgia.
Jul 14, 2012 2:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
zzzZzzZZZzz

Brings back good memory of sleep.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 14, 2012 5:34 PM

May 2011
This was an ok ep, looks like some things have changed a lot. And I like the way they start off the season with Muginami and Lan fighting each with Madoka joining in so they can settle their problems. Tbh I am on Muginami's side, I really don't like Lan's brother and since Lan is on his side, I hope she loses. Well they will probably all become friends again soon enough.
Aug 16, 2012 8:55 PM

Nov 2007
obviously Lans brother is the real enemy. still same old boring shit and of course the girls are fighting each other again to nobody's surprise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

72 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 31, 2019 12:41 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 9, 2012

44 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 11:24 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

23 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 8:32 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

prismheart - Aug 26, 2012

34 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 7:49 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

42 by Weasalopes »»
Mar 30, 2019 7:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.