Reason's why it's better than previous versions

5. Peter Parker is way geekier
4. Aunt May has attitude
3. Sticks closer to the original comic series
2. Spider Suit is Tighter

and lastly...

Jul 8, 2012 7:16 AM

Dec 2011
Ehhhh I think the previous spiderman movies are better. Plus the new spiderman is another f****** pretty boy.
Jul 8, 2012 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
Still hesitating to buy the game. @_@
Jul 8, 2012 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Haven;t seen it myself but have been told that the character is lot closer to the comic in this than the other movies. And that it was pretty similar to Batman Begins which does make me somewhat more interested.
Jul 8, 2012 7:36 AM

Jun 2008
Why are you giving us your score to the spiderman movie? This ain't IMDb.
Jul 8, 2012 7:37 AM

Jun 2010
The first Spiderman was a classic. The new one just feels like a recycling of the old one with a new villain.
Jul 8, 2012 7:47 AM
May 2012
Monad said:

Because I want to and it's "General Discussion" Thread "Talk About Anything and Everything"
Jul 8, 2012 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
I loved this one. Unfortunately it's yet another origin movie, which we seem to be getting way too much of these days... but I loved how it was revamped for the screen. Felt much, much closer to how it should be. I'm definitely waiting for a second one! Hopefully with Venom AND Carnage this time, considering how that last piece of shit went.
Anime figure reviews:
Jul 8, 2012 10:52 AM

Sep 2009
WooChan said:
Monad said:

Because I want to and it's "General Discussion" Thread "Talk About Anything and Everything"

Whatever gave you that idea?!

By the way, the reasons you think this film is better than the previous films from the franchise are laughable. I mean, the lead characters geekiness determines the quality of the film? Are you serious?
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jul 8, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
AnnoKano said:
WooChan said:
Monad said:

Whatever gave you that idea?!

By the way, the reasons you think this film is better than the previous films from the franchise are laughable. I mean, the lead characters geekiness determines the quality of the film? Are you serious?

In this case it's important because Peter is supposed to be a huge science and maths nerd. The Peter they had for the last three movies was not, the one in this new movie is. Maybe you don't give a rat's ass, but it's important to a lot of the Spiderman fanbase.
Anime figure reviews:
Jul 8, 2012 11:38 AM

Sep 2009
IshokuOsero said:

In this case it's important because Peter is supposed to be a huge science and maths nerd. The Peter they had for the last three movies was not, the one in this new movie is. Maybe you don't give a rat's ass, but it's important to a lot of the Spiderman fanbase.

Do you think spending a lot of time and effort establishing one of the characters superficial character traits would be worth doing at the cost of other aspects of the film?

You are saying that the Peter Parker of the previous films was not a 'nerd' but that simply isn't true. Perhaps he is not as nerdy as you or other Spiderman fans may have liked but it certainly was clear he was 'nerdy'.

If this new film makes a special effort to draw attention to this insignificant aspect of the character, then I can only assume it will be detrimental to the film as a whole.

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Jul 8, 2012 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
^ To be fair, it was one of 5 reasons given.
Jul 8, 2012 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
Jack_Rav said:
^ To be fair, it was one of 5 reasons given.

To me,they look like 5 reason the movie is better adaptation wise.But does that automatically means it's a good movie?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 8, 2012 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
Not seen it myself, wasn't very impressed by the trailer though, looked like a 3D overload. Maybe if this film was made much later than the Tobey Maguire ones I'd be more inclined to see it, there's just something off-putting about remakes/different adaptations produced not long after the original/previous adaptation.
Jul 8, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
its a great film, glad they didnt just rehash the first film, this is completely different ine very way, characters have different personalities, the villain isn't a rehash from the first 3 films, the finale was satisfying the fights were incredible. It was a well done film, way better than spiderman 3, better than 1, no where near as good as 2 but 2 is hard to top

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 8, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
Lol i don't really care about Spiderman or any of those movies, but I would watch it for Andrew Garfield.

That man could play a tree and still be the star of the show.
Jul 8, 2012 2:39 PM

May 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
its a great film, glad they didnt just rehash the first film, this is completely different ine very way, characters have different personalities, the villain isn't a rehash from the first 3 films, the finale was satisfying the fights were incredible. It was a well done film, way better than spiderman 3, better than 1, no where near as good as 2 but 2 is hard to top

This, especially the way the fights where done like the fact that they used his webs a lot more in the fights, and

ycart59 said:
Lol i don't really care about Spiderman or any of those movies, but I would watch it for Andrew Garfield.

That man could play a tree and still be the star of the show.

this
Nabi123Jul 8, 2012 5:02 PM
Jul 8, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
I cannot stand Toby Maguire and am not that fond of Kristen Dunst {I liked her in Interview with the Vampire.}.

On the other hand, I really like Emma Stone so... Yes, This Spiderman was far,far better then the other three.

Even if it didn't stick to the comic book 100%.
Jul 8, 2012 4:53 PM
Mar 2011
is better than V For Vendetta
but the best comic book movie ever Just like the best Comic book ever is watchmen
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 8, 2012 4:55 PM
Mar 2011
WooChan said:
Reason's why it's better than previous versions

4. Aunt May has attitude

and lastly...

Gwen Stacey yes this liite fact makes this movie ofr me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 8, 2012 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
Enjolras1830 said:
but the best comic book movie ever Just like the best Comic book ever is watchmen
hell no, the watchman adaptation was fucking horrendous and ruined the comic, ayh its hte best comic book ever but the movie is rnaking up as one of the worst comic book movies, it was made even worse by the ridiculous amount of slow mo

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 8, 2012 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
Enjolras1830 said:

It's not very hard to be better then V for Vendetta considering it was a boring mess, that failed to capture the comic in anyway.

It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 8, 2012 5:43 PM
Mar 2011
Jigero said:
Enjolras1830 said:

It's not very hard to be better then V for Vendetta considering it was a boring mess, that failed to capture the comic in anyway.

Jigero said:
Enjolras1830 said:

Jigero said:
Enjolras1830 said:

Jigero said:
Enjolras1830 said:

But Minus some minor Changes the Ulitmate Cut DVD was the Comic in Movie form minus messing us Ozzeymadues and the Changed ending

Jul 8, 2012 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
Personally I found Tobey Maguire to fit the role of Spiderman much better then Andrew Garfield.

Sure they closely adapted it more to the comics(Especially with Gwen Stacy!) but honestly I thought Tobey fit the bill of Peter Parker(with the kind of geek look) better then Garfield.

Not that I'm not happy with the movie but since this is a live action movie based off the comics the actors do play a huge part in this.

On a side note. Emma Stone... Yum...
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 8, 2012 6:06 PM

Jul 2007
Very good movie. I think it's on par with the original origin movie. The sequel has quite a bar to overcome though, as Spider-Man 2 is still considered one of the best superhero movies of all time.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 8, 2012 6:16 PM

Mar 2012
I agree completely with OP.
I was always imagined Peter Parker to be geeky and awkward. I think Andrew Garfield did a much better job than Toby McGuire, imo. And no, I am not just saying that because Andrew's a "pretty boy" or for his British accent. I really don't find him that attractive and I couldn't care less about his accent.
Jul 8, 2012 6:18 PM
May 2012
AnnoKano said:

Of course I'm not serious, I could have written a full review of the film if I wanted to. Just look at the #1 Reason XD

AnnoKano said:
In order for a topic or thread to amount to anything, you must first spend time thinking about what you want to ask, and doing so as clearly as you can.

Lol, life is too short for me to spend time thinking on what to post on GD Thread
Jul 8, 2012 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
Splitter said:
as Spider-Man 2 is still considered one of the best superhero movies of all time.
one of the best, hell it is the best in my book(dark knight doesnt count, that was more of a crime drama than a superhero movie, and avengers while a blast was only a fun movie with funny dialogue, it didnt have the emotional punch spiderman 2 had)

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 9, 2012 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
WooChan said:

Lol, life is too short for me to spend time thinking on what to post on GD Thread

Yes, I am sure that every moment you spend away from GD is occupied with deep contemplation about the mysteries of life and of the universe, and that you come to this website simply to clear your head from the profound thoughts which buzz about it incessantly, like hornets imprisoned underneath a glass.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Jul 9, 2012 3:26 AM
May 2012
AnnoKano said:
WooChan said:

Yes, I am sure that every moment you spend away from GD is occupied with deep contemplation about the mysteries of life and of the universe, and that you come to this website simply to clear your head from the profound thoughts which buzz about it incessantly, like hornets imprisoned underneath a glass.

:) I see what you did there
Jul 9, 2012 10:31 AM
Apr 2008
DeWinter said:
am not that fond of Kristen Dunst

I really like Emma Stone.
That is just tragic. Kirsten can act circles around frog face Stone, has a better filmography and doesn't whine about her fame constantly.
Jul 9, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
Jigero said:
this

Victini said:
That is just tragic. Kirsten can act circles around frog face Stone, has a better filmography and doesn't whine about her fame constantly.
Maybe Kirsten does have a better filmography, but that has nothing to do with her.

Not to mention it took her twenty years until people realized she could kind of act (Melancholia).

The Amazing Spiderman isn't bad, it's just tragically squeezed in between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises and subsequently overshadowed.
Jul 9, 2012 1:32 PM
Apr 2008
She's always had good reviews for her acting since the very start of her career, though. The only reason Melancholia attracted more attention was because it was her "comeback" role and by a renown director. She would have gotten more awards than just Best Actress at Cannes too if Lars hadn't gone on his nazi rant.

I agree about The Amazing Spiderman being released at a bad time. People are burnt out from The Avengers hype and starting to get psyched for The Dark Knight Rises. Its still doing pretty well though, and fantastically overseas.
Jul 9, 2012 3:08 PM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed the new Amazing Spider man. I had a few little nags about it though (Peter Parker having a skateboard, The Lizard not having a snout, and the scenes where Spidy was web swinging hurt my eyes without the 3D), but over all I thought it was a great movie.

Is it better than the first movie in the original movie? I don't think so. I loved the Original Trilogy! :D But Hopefully this one could be better. ;)
Jul 9, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2009
I truly enjoyed this movie. Peter Parker acting more neerdy does wonders for this film. Acting is part of movies, and does come into play in how well done a movie is.

This movie was a lot of fun, was it better than Spider Man 2? No, that being said, I could see this series Spider Man 2 being quite amazing. It has a lot of potential.
Jul 23, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty good movie, I liked it better than the original, although it still feels like the first of a series (basic bad guy stuff). Will there be more of the new Spiderman movies?
Anyway, I'd say 7.5/10, give or take half a point, not sure.

Jul 23, 2012 9:43 AM
Sep 2010
Great movie the chick in the movie was hot also.
Jul 23, 2012 11:02 AM

Dec 2011
It sucked. The main character was such a goofball and it really turned me off. Previous movies were better. I'm pretty sure the sales for Amazing Spiderman were considerably lower than the previous Spiderman movies. Just saying.

Jul 23, 2012 11:04 AM
Apr 2008
Victini said:
DeWinter said:
am not that fond of Kristen Dunst

I really like Emma Stone.

Kirsten Dunst was annoying, stupid and useless in her role as Mary-Jane Watson. I found her to be a continuous annoyance as well as a thorn in the side of Spiderman.
Jul 23, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
AnnoKano said:
IshokuOsero said:

Do you think spending a lot of time and effort establishing one of the characters superficial character traits would be worth doing at the cost of other aspects of the film?

You are saying that the Peter Parker of the previous films was not a 'nerd' but that simply isn't true. Perhaps he is not as nerdy as you or other Spiderman fans may have liked but it certainly was clear he was 'nerdy'.

If this new film makes a special effort to draw attention to this insignificant aspect of the character, then I can only assume it will be detrimental to the film as a whole.

Why are you trying to take him seriously?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 23, 2012 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Up until the last 20 or so minutes it was great. Near the end it seemed to become cheesy like Spide-Man 2. :/

7/10
Jul 23, 2012 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
8/10 for the 3D verison... 8 for the 3D effects.

Story line kinda sucks.
Jul 23, 2012 10:44 PM
Sep 2009
The first spiderman movie with Peter Parker was better.
Aug 10, 2016 7:13 AM
Aug 2016
My favourite Spiderman film.
I like Andrew Garfield better than Toby Maguire.
And Gwen Stacy is miles better than Mary Jane.
The weakest part is villain though, and the recycled origin story.
Aug 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
geek =/= good character
he isn't really a geek, he's more like an enigmatic hipster that we learn nothing about

4. Aunt May has attitude
how the fuck is this a good thing and how does it make her a good character

vague and doesn't mean that it's better. if the adaptation doesn't do anything new or interesting with the source material, then there's really no point in it existing. but the film doesn't really stick to the comics anyway. peter parker and spider-man are virtually the same even though spider-man was supposed to be an alter-ego; a manifestation of everything peter parker CAN'T be.

that doesn't make the suit better

1. Gwen Stacey
doesn't make the film better

More topics from this board

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
21 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7563 by juanlqr »»
5 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
7 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
7 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.