Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2008 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
seem like this will be an interesting anime, although i hope they fit in some other underlying plot...otherwise killing 108 corpses seems to be pretty much the same as soul eater from what i understand.
Oct 2, 2008 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
Well, the animation was nice, and it is a GAINAX series making it have a lot of potential. Quite different from the manga, but that doesn't lower down how entertaining it is.
Oct 2, 2008 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
I just saw this RAW. Yeah, it as pretty interesting. Being that the first monster was Vampire/Zombie. I HATES THE BASTARD for killing these poor women so SCREW YOU ASSHOLE DEMON!

The monks are cool and Corpse Princess is full of slashes???? Also she cannot die???? What's up with the kid and the cat. THe cat tell him and I understood he is like corpse princess and can revive her or be of help to her.

Other than Hell...Where the Hell do these demons come from???

HIGHLIGHTS:

Bad ass Corpse princess...Bad ass monk

Bad ass MONSTER.

A interesting relationship. Between princess and this guy.

Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 2, 2008 9:18 PM

Sep 2007
It was okay... wasn't really sure what to expect from this show, and all the hype or infatuation with this series peeked my interest a bit. However, sadly... I think the excitement is a bit too much...

Animation design is a bit iffy... not Kara no Kyoukai quality but it's not necessarily "bad." I hear some familiar voices, and so far the plot seems like it could go somewhere... seifuku gothic un-dead chick with guns fighting vampire-demons sort of feels a bit female-rendified-Hellsing... maybe not? The design tho... seriously... that bone-winged demon looked like some five year old colored it in with a pencil.

Short skirt +
Crappy art -
Production /

I'll probably stick with this series... for the pantsu (sike, I don't drop anything, so I sort of have to stick with the series ;p) My input might sound a bit harsh, but this show isn't bad in my opinion, so you should definitely give it a chance :O
shomaztaOct 2, 2008 9:28 PM

Oct 2, 2008 10:59 PM

May 2008
Pretty bad so far. probably watch one or two more episodes before i decide to drop it or not.
Oct 2, 2008 11:59 PM

Feb 2008
Doesn't sound too good from what I hear so far. I think I'll pass on this one.
Oct 3, 2008 12:22 PM

Dec 2007
I have a lot of faith in GAINAX, so I'll be sticking with it. Enjoyed the episode, but I don't think it was anything special.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Oct 3, 2008 3:53 PM

May 2007
That was... okay. I have faith in Gainax too, so I will check the next episode.
If it is more or less the same thing, I think I will drop it. >_>
Oct 4, 2008 2:22 PM
Jul 2008
I was thoroughly unimpressed with the first episode. I'll watch one more to see how it develops, but that's most likely it.
Oct 6, 2008 4:18 AM

Sep 2007
From the way this is going, I'm going to stick with it for a while more. They must get some kind of plot going soon though.
Oct 7, 2008 9:14 PM

May 2007
I was really unimpressed with this first episode. It didn't live up to the hype it's had for the past few months. I have a lot of faith in Gainax, so i'll give it a few more episodes. It better improve soon.
Oct 7, 2008 9:20 PM
Sep 2007
When Makina drew guns I immediately thought "Gainax". :)
Can't say much about the show so far, kinda disliked the fact the protagonist wasn't surprised at all that cat can speak...
Oct 8, 2008 12:59 AM
Mar 2008
I watched this first episode without having heard anything about the anime nor having read the manga.
Looks okey. Nothing special till now.
The cat is interesting.
I think the guns are lame. A nice katana would have been more stylish.

ah well...I'll stick with it for now
Oct 8, 2008 1:32 AM

Nov 2006
oh gainax, i love you so.
Oct 8, 2008 2:05 AM

May 2008
This episode was neither bad nor good really...just kind of there. The animation production is obviously the best part, but there was nothing else that really stood out. The characters are your typical shounen characters with just enough personality to get by, the story is really stupid to be frank, and the action wasn't nearly as entertaining as Kurozuka or Ga-Rei Zero which both had better starts this season when it comes to supernatural/horror/action shows. I'll watch the next episode to see if there's improvement, but if not I'll likely be dropping this.
Oct 8, 2008 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
Just watched this because it's from GAINAX, but to be honest I was pretty disappointed so far.

Animation was average. The action was rather boring. The main girl didn't leave a big impression. Story, come on ... not really original. I can't say that it was good.

I think I will continue because I have still some hopes left, but so far this looks like one of the bad shows this season.

3/5 because I wasn't really bored with it either.
Oct 8, 2008 4:08 AM

Jul 2007
well
i never heard of this series before so i didnt expect anything like most of you guys...
maybe thats why i think its quite good. nothing too special or "the best of this season" but nice.

ill follow this. it has potential too.
Oct 8, 2008 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
Looks fun. A bit more creative than I expected, but still a bit generic

But since Gainax did it, you'll never know what kinda thing they'll pull at the end
Oct 8, 2008 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
After seeing some great shows, this one was... relatively unimpressive. However, I'll stick with this show for a while and see what happens. It might turn out great in the end.
Oct 8, 2008 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
Just saw it subbed. It seems like there will be a good build up, and if there's romance in it, it will be the perfect anime for me.

Action was top notch too.

Oct 8, 2008 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
i quite enjoyed it, there arent that many serious action series this season (atleast non mecha ones). Animation was nice and action was entertaining enough
Oct 8, 2008 7:11 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That wasn't too bad. I liked the animation and the music is decent too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 8, 2008 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
I guess one episode isn't really enough to pass judgment on all shows. I'll probably have to watch 2 more to make up my mind on whether this shows sucks or not. So far it's not delivering.
Oct 8, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2007
that was kinda good. i like the "tease" effect of makina's skirt though, kinda like linali(from d.gray-man) in which no matter which way the wind blew or even if the camera angle was from a worm's eye view, you'd never ever even see a glimpse of pantsu XD

didn't know why the monk had to rip open her blouse in the beginning though...and the 108 shikabane's hasnt been explained yet(its kinda weird it is in the description when that premise wasn't even in the first ep)
Oct 8, 2008 10:17 AM
Sep 2008
Nothing special, it did not impress me very much, but I will continue with it since it is from Gainax~ And it could become very good, i will not doubt it, it just had a kind of weak start.
Oct 8, 2008 10:28 AM

Mar 2007
Finally got to see this and im glad i did.
Girls with guns is just something you CANT miss!! Aka is gonna be a good main character. I was getting tired of seeing all these shows where the supporting cast took all the spotlight. I wonder how much better the DVD version would be.

Purple hair, School girl outfit, immortal... Aka wins on so many levels.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 8, 2008 10:44 AM

Jun 2007
I thought this was quite nice though I had expected a lot more from the title, fine animation and fitting sound.
Looks like something with good potential to me. I'll follow this with above average interest.

Also the ED is awesome.
Oct 8, 2008 10:50 AM

May 2008
seemed like a standard first episode to me. A glimpse of combat hint of a story and a quick lesson on whos who and who can do what. Overall i'd say it has potential so i'll give it a few more eps.

Oct 8, 2008 10:57 AM

May 2007
It was good, alot of promise being it's Gainax, I need to rewatch the first bit it was a little confusing and the action was good.

Doesn't the lead just scream destiny too.
My anime list
Oct 8, 2008 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
Decent first episode with great animation, quite different from the 1st volume of manga. Gainax should've stuck with the 1st chapter's haunted house story, but I'll definitely be back for more.
Oct 8, 2008 11:13 AM

Sep 2007
It was very good, a interesting story + its animated from gainax so I'll watch this! =)

And angela sings OP & ED!! That's awesome =D

Kouta~
Oct 8, 2008 11:21 AM

Sep 2007
Not quite sure what to think about it, the manga is pretty nice so far, so Ill see how they will continue to port it.

Oct 8, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
pretty good,story seems interesting and fanservice doesn't hurt,it's the only anime of this season that i've liked so far
Oct 8, 2008 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
lame episode, and i can already tell that lots of plot will be glossed over for gags and guns. I was left underwhelmed by the show as a whole...especially the animation for the vampire bat thing, it looked like both the man-bat from batman and Mobius man-bat from spiderman, plus, super lazy animation of the fur in the action sequences. It looked childish.
Oct 8, 2008 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
Well, it's certainly not bad but isn't this kind of... normal? I mean, it's gainax, and this seems like a typical supernatural/action series. And if you want to compare it to other supernatural/action series this season, Ga-rei Zero was much more impressive.

I'll watch and hope. The first episode of Gurren Lagann didn't get me hooked, either.
Oct 8, 2008 12:26 PM
May 2008
This anime may actually be something worth checking out depending on how the next couple of episodes go. I'm curious on how the build-up with the plot and characters go in this one. Animation is pretty good so far.
Oct 8, 2008 12:51 PM

Apr 2007
pretty nice. looking forward for moar char development.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 8, 2008 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
godoftheds said:
seemed like a standard first episode to me. A glimpse of combat hint of a story and a quick lesson on whos who and who can do what. Overall i'd say it has potential so i'll give it a few more eps.

That is pretty much what I thought about it. I was mainly looking for heaps of crazy action from this, so I was not disappointed with the first episode.
Oct 8, 2008 1:29 PM

Feb 2008
Very nice and interesting.
I'll definitely keep on watching this anime.
Oct 8, 2008 1:38 PM
Jun 2008
I liked the atmosphere and there's just something very cool about a girl in a schoolgirl outfit shooting vampires/demons/ghouls with guns. That's just my kind of thing and it's Halloween month too, so woo hoo!
Oct 8, 2008 3:08 PM

Sep 2007
Meh. First episode alone didn't quite live up to the expectations I had for it, but it IS the first episode. I'll keep watching this to see where it goes.
Oct 8, 2008 3:21 PM
Dec 2007
So, the animation is great since this is a GAINAX anime, and the ED by Angela is wonderful as usual. The start is a little slow but very intriguing and promising, and I already like the two main characters. I'll follow this show closely, for sure !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 8, 2008 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with the majority here, I was also disappointed with this, and it's a shame because I was really looking forward to it. I hope they explain the talking cat next episode. D: Although, I thought the fight scene part where the evil shikabane was pushed into the purple neon sign was cool.

I look forward to hearing the angela songs next week. :)
Oct 8, 2008 5:33 PM

Oct 2007
the fight scenes were pretty cool... hope we get a good story out of this series though.. rather than just killing
Oct 8, 2008 7:55 PM
Apr 2008
the story is good but it's missing something...
Oct 8, 2008 8:20 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm. Nothing really stood out to me, but it is by Gainax so... I'll watch this till it ends most likely. :)

Ep got 4/5 from me, mainly because the animation was pretty good.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 8, 2008 8:21 PM

Jun 2007
well, that was good. i didn't have too many expectations on this, but i guess i found it really good.
although, i expect great animation, and story by gainax.
the art was pretty good, i liked it
i also found the main girl's VA rather plain sometimes. she could have done a better job.
the main guy was ok.
no OP yet, sadly
the story seems promising, i think i will like it once it grows on me.
lol @ ecchi magazines put in by force xD
i found the girl at school a little cute... though, not too moe...
the main girl... the shikabane girl that is, was rather cute.. when she wasnt shown with a lot of injuries.
poor guy... to let go of so much stuff, and have a girl slap him in less than 10 mins....
and cat talking too...
though... why DID she slap him... she seemed to be smiling...
girls with guns is kinda hard to fail me... so... i liked it.
i got interested in what will happen next... i really want to see next episode...

lastly, yay for lunar for picking this up.
Oct 8, 2008 9:36 PM

May 2008
it was an ok episode but i think im gonna watch the next few episodes cuz i wanna know what the cat and the kid have to do with the girl
Oct 8, 2008 9:48 PM

Jan 2008
I thought this was a pretty good episode,a good balance of plot introduction and action. I shall take an optimistic viewpoint and say that this series has potential.

I do wonder what people were expecting though... care to enlighten me? :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Dec 25, 2008

56 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Feb 4, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

49 by Aldones »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 9 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 27, 2008

47 by Clauduchiha »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Subbed or Dubbed?

GrayZStars - Oct 31, 2022

3 by Spaded_Ace »»
Oct 31, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Aka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 15, 2008

51 by deftdraft »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.