Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched at the movie theater here, the first day. Sorry for the spoilers, but they are important points from the movie.

As usual, those sportsmen who voiced (non-seiyuus) sounded weird. Oh well, at least they participated to promote J League. Sakurai-san and Yoshino-san voiced as well.
tsubasaloverJul 6, 2012 2:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2011
Well, like tsubasalover said, the soccer players voices were a bit painful to hear. >_<

My favourite moments...
When Conan was on his skatboard flying through the top of the stadium! OMG it's like a rollercoaster with 100xDanger + 100xFUN.
And at the end, when Conan had blood on his face and glasses turned orange. VAMPIRE?!

But personally, I thought the mystery was pretty lame...
Sep 23, 2012 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
Subbed version out now. Wasn't anything spectacular, but I still enjoyed it. Favourite part was the very end when Conan notices something "white".
Sep 24, 2012 6:55 PM
Jun 2009
Those kids have the worst parents ever.

"What were you doing inside a football stadium filled with bombs?"
"Looking for bombs, duh"
"Oh, okay"
Sep 25, 2012 6:10 AM

Feb 2011
Well, the movie was a lot better, than I expected it to be.
Usually I'm not into the bomb threat-cases.

As a fan of the J-League and japanese football in general, I loved the inclusion of Yasuhito Endo (my favourite japanese football player), legendary Kazuyoshi and the J-League Teams.

Animation was pretty nice, when stuff was blowing up.

So, it's a fine movie. But compared to the other of the series, it's the worst since quite some time. I'd say since the 11th.

6/10
KuchenlightSep 25, 2012 7:16 AM
Oct 12, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2012
Yeah. It was aaaaalot better than expected, though only to the 1st half. ALOT of things left unanswered (though I can see this was the intention.) the movie ends all suddenly? It doesnt feel like it lasts long at all. I say it was good movie up to certain point, it was truly fun to watch Conan have fun playing soccer. Also that great scene when he went to check out who K.K was. Something like this I would have loved to see in the show. But I guess it was perfect to use the idea in movie. Even though it wasnt best movie, I feel like it was something I had wanted to see. 8/10
Oct 12, 2012 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
As much as I expected from a DC movie.
It is still quite good IMO.

It didn't involve any knives or guns, but just bombs.

I love how Conan is so skillful in soccer. Doing exhibition tricks like its a piece o' cake.
He can really brag.

Love the part where he skateboards on the roof beams. That is so impossible!
I think using his skateboard has been used in the majority of the movies!
This is becoming a staple in DC movies.

But, I seriously didn't expect the soccer guy to be the culprit. I was thinking of the media guy instead.

P.S. I like that Yoshino-san (Bossun from Sket Dance) has voiced a character!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 3:51 AM

Feb 2010
well definitely better than the previous. conan is just so extreme
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 28, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Each Movie Surpasses It's Predecessor.
Awesome Movie Till The Very End.
Nothing Beats Detective Conan.
Long Live Detective Conan.
Dec 24, 2012 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
The soccer player voices were really horrible -.-
Conan's shoot at the end was really awesome!

Dec 24, 2012 8:29 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
This was DCTP final project.

And yeah movie was amazing 10/10 ....

This anime is just superb

Fillers are 8-9/10
Main story 10/10
And movies are high class 10/10 ...

this anime is a truly a masterpiece
Dec 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2010
I got fooled. I totally thought the father was the culprit. Oh well, good watch as always. DC movies rocks.

No comment on the soccer players voices... Btw nice ending...

Oh yeah, it says they will not be back on the movie 17? DCTP final project? So there will be a movie 17 but not the same old cool Detective Conan movies? Basically a change of staffs? Can anyone explain why?
Dec 24, 2012 10:11 PM

May 2011
^check their website, they explain it there.
Dec 25, 2012 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
Great movie!!
Dunno how I managed to hold myself from watching this till DCTP finally released it.
Maybe because I didn't expect much from it but it was indeed worth the wait and refreshing DCTP's page almost everyday!

It's been a while since DC made me sit at the edge of my chair and feel so excited!

10/10!

lol @ ED, Conan/Shinichi: shiro da!
no comment @ flying skateboard

DCTP, otsukaresama. kimitachi, saikou!!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 27, 2012 1:10 AM

Aug 2010
Finally got around to watching it, honestly it was actually enjoyable, not the best but enjoyable *I HEARD SAKURAI-SAN TOO LOL as Higo right?*
I can't help but D'AWW when Conan got patted on the head by two famous soccer players, lucky kid DX
the 'Action' in the movie was pretty cool especially that Skateboard part, omg seriously I was like HE DESERVES CREDIT FOR ALL THE EFFORTS HE PUT IN
Ending was rather touching, the culprit having that kind of relationship with the kid was not called for from my part.
Like everyone though, the non-seiyuus voicing the players did seem static but understandable

Overall 8/10 from my part I was hoping theyd show what happened with the players after but I guess not

P.S. DCTP thanks for all the work you put into in this awesome series! You'll be missed a lot ;A;

Can't wait for the 17th movie in April, another sea case woot
Dec 27, 2012 3:11 AM

Oct 2011
I loved the movie

but can someone tell me what the hell is going on in the heads of the creators of DC - not only in the Kaito Specials, but now in this movie too: they keep showing scenes with Conan with a creepy look, this time he even had vampire teeth o_0???

Dec 27, 2012 6:49 AM

May 2012
uzee said:
I loved the movie

but can someone tell me what the hell is going on in the heads of the creators of DC - not only in the Kaito Specials, but now in this movie too: they keep showing scenes with Conan with a creepy look, this time he even had vampire teeth o_0???

You havent seen anything yet
Dec 27, 2012 8:31 AM
Apr 2011
For me, this Movie 16 not as good as Movie 15....
Little bit dissapoint....
I give 8/10 for this Movie 16

I Hope Movie 17 will be as good as Movie 15.
Dec 29, 2012 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
Jeez they sure love soccer.

Is he really possible to love someone's kid that much?
Dec 29, 2012 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
Had a blast with the film!!!!!!! Detective Conan movies are all was so fun to watch.

The ED made me laugh hard, such a classic scene xD

Can't believe this is DCTP final project. Wish Funanimation would take advantage of their license because Detective Conan remains one of the most popular anime to date. With strong support from the fans!!!!!

Thank you for your subs DCTP!!!!
Jan 2, 2013 3:13 AM
Oct 2011
The mystery was kind of weak, compared to other Conan cases or movies, but it was still good. They tried to focus on the characters who benefited from the explosion as culprits too much that it was obvious neither are culprits. On the other hand they focused too much on making the culprit innocent (after making him look suspicious since the beginning), which made it obvious that neither of the first 2 were culprits, but the one in prison. I kinda forgot all about the father, he seemed like no one important and the focus was on the other 3 since the very beginning.

The thrilling moments and the matches were really amazing, that's one of the best things in a DC movie.

The voices didn't bother me, I actually liked that they made the real players voice their characters. Hearing their voices, especially Endou's, was interesting.

Overall a very good movie, way better than the 15th movie (which was the worst DC movie imo). 8/10
Candor123Jan 2, 2013 3:16 AM
Jan 2, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2012
I liked the 15th movie a lot and enjoyed this one as well!
Feb 3, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, that's pretty cool that they used real soccer players as VAs! I didn't even notice. haha They didn't bother me either. You must be real picky to be bothered by them. :P

Okay movie overall! 8/10
Not enough soccer IMO. I love soccer.

I liked the last scene where all the little things came back, like the free kick lesson and the passing and whatnot.

they keep showing scenes with Conan with a creepy look, this time he even had vampire teeth o_0???

LOLOLOL

Yeah! I was thinking: Whoa, this guy is kind of creepy...Going at such far lengths for a kid he met while practicing!
Feb 26, 2013 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
I finally watched the Blu-ray and I was very disappointed. This is probably my least favourite Meitantei Conan movie. I don't care about soccer and so I could care less about the real players being depicted in the beginning. They only slowed things down a lot.

My suspension of disbelief was also sorely tested:

1 - Where in hell did the bad guy get all the stuff he needed to make HUNDREDS of bombs? You can't get those sorts of things in Lawson stores.

2 - How was he able to put those HUNDREDS of bombs all over the stadiums without anyone noticing? Particularly after the first stadium attack. The other stadiums should have been swarming with police looking for bombs

3 - Why didn't the police cancel the games since they KNEW the bomber was going to bomb more stadiums?

Sure, the action scenes with Conan were fun, but the rest - it's a damn good thing that this is a snowy and cold night and I didn't have anything better to do.
Mar 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Jun 2011
Shih said:
Well, like tsubasalover said, the soccer players voices were a bit painful to hear. >_<

My favourite moments...
When Conan was on his skatboard flying through the top of the stadium! OMG it's like a rollercoaster with 100xDanger + 100xFUN.
And at the end, when Conan had blood on his face and glasses turned orange. VAMPIRE?!

But personally, I thought the mystery was pretty lame...

Sanada, remembered his name because it's the same as Sanada Yukimura XD I love him, and his kansai-ben (somehow), I am weak for kansan-ben XD The best part of the movie, the scene with the skateboard, and the kick at the end there, I mean the kick that stopped the bomb, not the one with the white panty flash :p TBH I didn't really like this movie that much, aside from the animation, not a fan of bomb I guess, and then there is no epilogue for the other supporting cast, like the reporter, Sanada, the male dude, the father of that boy, and etc.. ):

Well, what vampire?

Edit :
Candor said:
The mystery was kind of weak, compared to other Conan cases or movies, but it was still good.

The thrilling moments and the matches were really amazing

The voices didn't bother me, I actually liked that they made the real players voice their characters. Hearing their voices, especially Endou's, was interesting.

True.
meepsheep said:

Yeah! I was thinking: Whoa, this guy is kind of creepy...Going at such far lengths for a kid he met while practicing!

He treated him like his own little brother, somewhat, they've been together for a year or two, and it won't take long time to know a KID who couldn't lie, so one wouldn't be putting up their guard and distance themselves with a kid, despite saying that, he's still going a little too far, though I feel his love for the kid
dbaranyi said:
I finally watched the Blu-ray and I was very disappointed. This is probably my least favourite Meitantei Conan movie. I don't care about soccer and so I could care less about the real players being depicted in the beginning. They only slowed things down a lot.

1 - Where in hell did the bad guy get all the stuff he needed to make HUNDREDS of bombs? You can't get those sorts of things in Lawson stores.

2 - How was he able to put those HUNDREDS of bombs all over the stadiums without anyone noticing? Particularly after the first stadium attack. The other stadiums should have been swarming with police looking for bombs

3 - Why didn't the police cancel the games since they KNEW the bomber was going to bomb more stadiums?

Sure, the action scenes with Conan were fun, but the rest - it's a damn good thing that this is a snowy and cold night and I didn't have anything better to do.

Yeah might be my least favourite DC movie too, still I am grateful to DCTP for translating them. It's my first time watching DC subbed from them, it's my first time watching a 1080p too, though it took me 5days to download the video -.-
1. Bad friend, maybe? You could just think of it as a way to advance the plot.
2. Hole, but without the hole, there won't be movie 16
3. If they did that, as I said in 2. there won't be movie 16 if that's the case, so it's pretty much all for the sake of advancing the plot, and I guess they don't want to waste any time on a side-side character..
ToG25thBaamMar 2, 2013 8:53 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2013 9:15 AM
Apr 2013
i am not sure if they mentioned it in the movie but how did they stop the 10. stadium bombs?

only can remember that mori and megure run into the stadium but what then?

thx a lot :)
May 6, 2013 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
9 from me.. i really love the ed song by ikimonogatari.. but raven chaser still my best movie..

Sep 12, 2013 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
I love DC and I am interested in the J-League so this movie was a win for me to see all the stars, especially the training scene with King kazu *-*
Sep 30, 2013 7:19 AM
May 2013
that skateboard on the railings is very well animated..
never knew that he was the culprit at all.
love this movie a lot especially the theme song.
anyway anyone knows what's the song when conan is praticing with king kazu?
Oct 14, 2013 1:29 AM
Nov 2008
I haven't seen the movie yet, so no opinion yet but is it just me or does Kudo Shinichi's voice in the opening sound different than he normally does?
hello_motoOct 14, 2013 1:34 AM
Dec 13, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2011
I absolutely love this movie. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's not trying to do anything special, it's just another bombing case, but with soccer thrown in. To me, that makes it more fun to watch for some reason.

9/10 for me.
Jun 6, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2008
8/10 for me. I liked how everything was set up and excellent action. Plus, the soccer bits were awesome and fun to watch. The only things I didn't like was that they didn't show how Sanada felt or if he learned that his device was a dummy. It just sorta stopped showing them. And another thing I didn't get was why Big got the device while the Tokyo Spirits didn't...

Otherwise, I thought it was the father's friend. He got such little suspicion I was sure it was him. Maybe there could of been a little more hints to the motorcycle dude since him liking that kid was sorta vague.

dbaranyi said:

1) It's been sorta proven that you can make bombs out of everyday items you can buy in the store. The guy states he learned how to make bombs from a buddy in South America, so I doubt they were using military type stuff. And the police did say something about a "plastic" bomb. The only thing that was a little weird was how strong his homemade bombs were.

2) He went in after dark, perhaps? And they covered the second part. The warning note stated that they couldn't do anything like that or the bombs would go off. AND they didn't know the other stadiums were being targeted until after the games have started. They thought the concert was the next target which they DID have police watching over the event.

3) Again, the anime covered this. See #2. The culprit stated if they tried evacuation or cancelling the games the bombs will go off. They didn't actually KNOW until the games have started since they thought it was the concert.

Some of your issues weren't the anime's fault.
Nov 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
Oh, that's pretty cool that they used real soccer players as VAs! I didn't even notice.

Oh that explain why their voice sounded weird :o
anyway, i finally decided to watch this one and i was not dissapointed. Not much to say about it.
it was fun and that all that matters. Maybe not the best movie ( i still have to watch them all tho) but a good and enjoyable one
8/10 for me
anthi-lightNov 14, 2014 11:41 AM

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Dec 11, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2011
Worse DC movie. 4/10
Jul 6, 2015 9:25 AM

Mar 2015
Mhm pretty average DC movie,not really bad but a tad unimpressive.
5/10
Jul 8, 2015 3:31 AM

Nov 2014
Liked it very much.

Nov 3, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked the movie, but the situations just get too crazy...though not as crazy as that blimp.

Overall the plot was solid...and also shiro.
Mar 20, 2016 6:13 AM
Dec 2015
3 times watching this movie, not even boring :v

ps : dat ED song thou, i heard that song before i watching this movie for the first time, i dont know when
Nov 5, 2018 10:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Detective Conan´s films always are nice and this one did not disappoint either!!!!

The best of this film was the scene in the stadium and Conan shooting the miraculous shoot to the crossbar!!! kekeke

7/10 to me!
Dec 24, 2020 6:41 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty boring honestly. While the action scenes are great, everything else is subpar.
Jun 18, 2022 7:15 PM

Jan 2012
Conan versus the soccer bomber! Well honestly I'm not much for soccer, I'd just about never watch it on my own with no other outside impetus, but this still made for some decent spectacle. Take the early skateboarding scene on top of the stadium for instance. Ridiculous, but fun, and after boarding on top of an avalanche in the last movie not so improbable...in-universe anyway. You just gotta accept Conan is every action star rolled into one in these movie and go with the flow. I'll admit, I thought for sure I had the culprit tagged pretty early on, but the bait and switch got me. I didn't think it was who the police in the movie thought it was mind you, and I pegged two of the other red herrings pretty early on, but I let my guard down too easily and got tripped up. Fair play movie, fair play. The ending with the kids was rather corny, but I'll be damned if I didn't have a smile on my face during it so again, fair play movie. 7/10

Oh, and they really made Kogorou quite the jerkassy screw-up in this one, moreso than usual. Leading the police on a wild goose chase early on, bringing up that one dude's big mistake, and of course the big one to the plot, though at least they did walk that one back. Still though, doin' my favorite character dirty movie! XD

More topics from this board

» About the title

tsubasalover - Nov 22, 2011

3 by wakka9ca »»
Mar 28, 2012 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.