Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2008 11:09 AM

May 2008
Yuusuke was pure WIN.
And I wonder how Tomoya's shoulder is feeling after landing that hit.

Anywhoo, I'm glad this series is back! I hope it won't be as sad as the movie ;__;
Oct 4, 2008 12:02 PM

Oct 2007
AMAZING!!!!
Oct 4, 2008 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
wiiii! it's out, and it's great :D
Oct 4, 2008 12:26 PM

Sep 2008
<33333
ive always loved key's animation
its so fluid
Oct 4, 2008 12:29 PM
Jun 2007
awesome first episode of the new season. Sunohara is still hysterical, Tomoyo still owns him, and Kyou is still hawt. glad to have Clannad back.
Oct 4, 2008 12:40 PM

Apr 2007
Funny, I dislike sports and this episode had all the potential to let me down, but still, I liked it a lot.

Seeing the characters again makes me quite happy - oh Sunohara, how I've missed you! XD Nagisa managed to be even cuter than ever, and Jesus, Yuusuke-san, tottemo kakkoii ne~

The last scene in the episode held a lot more meaning - we saw the little robot again, and Tomoya surparssing his limits? Sublime and touching, as expected from Clannad.

The OP sequence is outstanding - I'm totally going to watch it over and over again.

Welcome back, Clannad! I hope the ride is good!
Oct 4, 2008 12:42 PM

May 2008
It's a nice 'welcome back' start. I like it.

No sign of Fuko in the official site's character page (yet?).
Oct 4, 2008 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
Lame, they filled the episode with a boring baseball game.. Not a good start to a new season.
Oct 4, 2008 1:23 PM

Apr 2007
great. do want more yoshino! he's awesome.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 4, 2008 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
Forget everything else!

Here comes Clannad Part 2 ...

Didn't disappoint at all. When you start watching this you can already feel that this is anime on a whole different level then most other.

Opening was very awesome. Ending song was not so good, though.

Glad to see the whole cast again in the first episode (even most support chars). Much fun and a good introduction episode for the real plot to start soon.
ForeverOct 4, 2008 2:15 PM
Oct 4, 2008 2:10 PM

Nov 2006
i was bored the entire time. owell. i hope it's not 24 episodes; i don't think i can watch that many.
Oct 4, 2008 2:43 PM

Apr 2008
yay for Clannad After Story!! *___* i'm expecting to cry hard for this season XD The opening is awesome *_*
Anyway i liked this episode, is a good start ^^

Oct 4, 2008 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
This was such a great start for the new season!!!! I laughed so much, but at the same time the ending managed to make me remember why I love Clannad most!
Can't wait to see the rest!
Only disappointments:
-No more Fuko
-The ending theme isn't nearly as good as the Dango one :(
Oct 4, 2008 5:04 PM

Oct 2007
As always, Akio and Sunohara were awesome and hilarious XD This was a pretty random episode, but I still have really high hopes for the rest of the season.

After CLANNAD 24, I'm having a hard time not wishing Tomoya x Tomoyo were the canon couple :'D
Oct 4, 2008 5:29 PM

Apr 2008
I never thought Yoshino Yusuke will have that type of character. He's funny when he's pushing to say his epic words. "Kodomotachi"

Kotomi's physics is hilarious. Shows how genius she is.

Tomoyo is just wow in physical activities. Oh, how I missed how she kicks Sunohara. "Sunohara's gonna do something perverted to you"

I saw Kyou again ^^ I missed her character very much. Her strength still surpasses that of men.

LOL'd with the Sanae's bread threat.

No more Fuko TT

Oct 4, 2008 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
Was a pretty good episode, I was surprised at the 4:3 aspect ratio, I hope that future releases will be in widescreen. The best parts of this episode were when Yoshino was making his epic speech and had to go off to call time out at one point and when Kotomi was doing her analysis of how she should hit the ball. I would've thought that there would be some sort of forfeit since Akio was hit in the leg by the bat. Anyway, I wonder if the next episode will have the ending run or whatever or if it'll just start with its own story, which seems to be about Tomoya trying to get Sunohara a girlfriend.

#NBHNC
Oct 4, 2008 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
Finally, it's here. I loved the first season.
I think this episode was a good start and I was satisfied.
It had some hilarious moment too.
Oct 4, 2008 7:06 PM

Jun 2007
yaaaaay! I been waiting for this 4 ever x3
Nice start :3 can't wait for more <3
No more Fuko in the opening... made me sigh. But its for the best... I don't think I would be able to stand her random pop-ups everywhere. ;P

Oct 4, 2008 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
Hah. I liked this, and I have high hopes for the rest of the season. I do wish for Fuko to be in future episodes... I think I /did/ see her in the ending, though she used to be in the opening.

I love the opening song. Great choice. I like the ending song, though I prefer Dango Daikazoku.

Oct 4, 2008 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
What theme is it at the very beginning of Clannad AS?
Oct 4, 2008 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
I find the new op somehow addicting... i cant stop watching it.
as for the episode itself, i loved it. Seeing the whole gang together again made me happy because i couldn't help but think the after story was going to focus only on TomoyaxNagisa.
Guess i was wrong... at least for now.
Oct 4, 2008 10:27 PM

Jun 2007
ROFLLLLLLLLLLL I YUUSUKE IS A JOKERSTER
Oct 5, 2008 12:17 AM

Mar 2008
SwordWielder said:

Toki Wo Kizame Uta (A Song To Pass The Time) by Lia

google is your friend ^^
Oct 5, 2008 12:27 AM

Jan 2008
It was so-so. I didn't really laugh at any of the comedy, except it was kinda funny when Yoshino thought of Tomoya and co's clapping and shouting his name as harassment. Hopefully it won't take too many episodes for the real heart wrenching after story to begin.
Oct 5, 2008 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
PeanutSteak said:
Was a pretty good episode, I was surprised at the 4:3 aspect ratio, I hope that future releases will be in widescreen.

SS-Eclipse said that widescreen versions will always come out 2 weeks after the 4:3 releases. I think it was also that way with the old Clannad anime.
Oct 5, 2008 12:45 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome opening. Really fun ep. Always get butterflies whenever that synth strings song towards the end pops up. MOre Kyou-hime-sama! *wipes drool*
Oct 5, 2008 12:51 AM

Mar 2007
i thoguht it was rather good... watched it right after watching the movie

good first ep... love the PE uniform fanservice.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 5, 2008 1:51 AM
Dec 2007
That was really really good, that's Kyoto Animation's Clannad for you !

And when I think to what will happen next in this series (prepare a lot of tissues everyone...), I can't help but think that this season will be better than the latter, and maybe give Nodame a good run for the title of best romance/comedy show of the year.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 5, 2008 3:05 AM

Feb 2007
Good first episode to reintroduce the characters. If the story really is as good as everyone says, this'll easily be better than the first season.
Oct 5, 2008 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
Bring Back DANGO ending!!!
Oct 5, 2008 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
this episode was perfect, really.
Oct 5, 2008 7:55 AM

Jul 2008
I think this episode was perfect way to star th series. I'm glad they re-introduced us to the characters before bringing on too much drama. And the comedy kept it from being boring. I just hope that this series doesn't take forever to get the point. I mean

I loved the opening as well. I just wanna watch it again and again. It's a great way to show what's yet to come in the after story.
Oct 5, 2008 8:03 AM

Jun 2008
Oct 5, 2008 8:35 AM

Jan 2008
traed said:
SwordWielder said:

google is your friend ^^

no, no. That's the OP. I meant the one where Tomoya thinking about the past... where he is a little boy.
Oct 5, 2008 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
Yay subs.

Overall, the episode was good. Sports are rather boring for me, so I really only enjoyed it for the funny. xD

OP's amazing, ED's eh. Dango Daikazoku's better.

And people, get over Fuko. :P She's just a character, and if she's not supposed to be in this part of the story, she won't be. I like Fuko too, but I'm gonna whine about it, and nor should any of you.
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Oct 5, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2007
[lawl, i'm copying and pasting this from my blog]
Blower D: A baseball episode…? I was seriously hoping they’d jump straight into the plot q_q… i was blown the whole episode q_q… i downloaded SD instead of HD by accident so I didn’t get to enjoy the animation that much. And this episode wasn’t as funny as the base ball episode in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu q_q…

Ah well. I got to see Tomoya in short shorts and that just cracked me up XD And Yoshino… oh my gawd. I already love him. I remember seeing him in the Clannad movie, but he was NOTHING like that lolol XD Apparently, Sanae is Nagisa sister according to Sunohara. There were funny bits, but uhhh… this episode was a little too…er… dramatic for a silly baseball episode? Especially towards the end. The baseball flyin around lookin all detailed and stuff. This episode wasn’t as funny as i hoped it would be, but Yoshino still cracks me up. Apparently, as I predicted, Clannad After Story is reusing the same OST from the first season. For some reason, I’m sick of the songs from the old OST [mainly cuz of my fandubs, and i have to constantly listen to the same songs @_@;;;]

So overall, the season started out OK. I’m still happy to see my Okazaki and kawaii Nagisa again :3 But I mean, again, I really wanted them to jump straight to the plot because after seeing Tomoyo Chapter, I wanted the drama to keep on commin’. But we’ll see in the next episode :D
Oct 5, 2008 2:08 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, a nice start for the 2nd season :)
Oct 5, 2008 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
It's been a wile since they team up so much caracter, I hope they don't do it so often, it's rarely linked to the plot...

Oct 5, 2008 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
patient_senses said:
I just hope that this series doesn't take forever to get the point. I mean

No problem here, since there were serveral time jumps in the novel after story as well. The only question is how many of the school life will be forced into the after story, since we allready will get Sunohara as it looks, and maybe they insert Yukine and ( the mostly unknown) Kappei as well...

For now, we can only speculate what pace KyoAni will use, I just hope the "real" after story starts BEFORE we hit 50% of the series. There is way too much that they probably will leave out of it since there isn´t enough air time >_>

Also, there is the little issue with Nagisa I´m concerned about... (Major spoiler, who neither read the novel or saw the movie, better DON´T click....)
Oct 5, 2008 5:07 PM

Jan 2008
Intresting and a nice way to start the series up. Yuusuke's speaches were funny :D
Oct 5, 2008 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
Yuusuke, cracked me up! Oh my god, roffle.

Awhs, I'm so happy to see Clannad again! I've missed everyone so much. I'm not used to Clannad having a new opening, or ending in general. But I thought they were very nice, especially the opening. This was an entertaining episode imo, great start! I also hope they get into the actual plot soon, I'm excited to see more! This makes my weekends perfect, <3~!
Oct 5, 2008 7:15 PM
Oct 2008
ahaha first episode was awesome, loved yuusuke's speech (: . I hope Fuko will be in it :D, THAT'S FOR SURE!
Oct 5, 2008 8:35 PM

Sep 2008
dango dango..

Wiiiii.. season starst..

Oct 5, 2008 9:46 PM

Aug 2008
Great new episode!! Ahh and I just finished watching Clannad 2 weeks ago, so it sure is nice to be able to watch the sequel so soon :3
The characters are awesome, just lik before, especially Tomoyo!!
We also got to know, finally, Kotomi's three sizes :D
So I guess this new season will explain further the girl(the one from that fantasia wolrd) and her doll's connection with Tomoya and Nagiza ~note that I haven't played the Visual Novel nor checked any spoilers or watched the movie.

All's great with this sequel, all execpt for the fact that the prequel's Opening and Ending songs were better!! The new ones are still fine though xD
GenixOct 5, 2008 9:50 PM
Oct 5, 2008 10:21 PM

Sep 2008
I hope Sunohara gets Tomoyo. Why does everyone like her? Fuko and Akio are the Best Characters. I still say they Should make that Fuko Movie
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 5, 2008 10:29 PM

Dec 2007
Its kind of weird seen Clannad after story and a few moths before Tomoyo's Edition..
I Liked way more Tomoyo's edition!! Nagisa still bothers me!!! Why is so annoying?? hahaha.. Anyways it was a great start!!
.. Airwalk
Oct 6, 2008 3:23 AM
Sep 2008
Good show and I kept expecting Fuko to pop up during the whole epi..
Oct 6, 2008 3:25 AM

Aug 2008
SwordWielder said:
traed said:
SwordWielder said:

google is your friend ^^

no, no. That's the OP. I meant the one where Tomoya thinking about the past... where he is a little boy.

It's called 白詰草(shiro tsumekusa). It's on the game OST, disc 2, track 9 :) (if you want it... PM ^^)
Oct 6, 2008 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
It's been bugging me, but what exactly is a "Texas" hit. I watched SS's Sub and they mentioned it, while AQ, etc didn't. Thanks for the help.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2008 4:27 AM

Jan 2008
Kane40 said:
SwordWielder said:
traed said:
SwordWielder said:

google is your friend ^^

It's called 白詰草(shiro tsumekusa). It's on the game OST, disc 2, track 9 :) (if you want it... PM ^^)

Yea, it's called White Clovers in English. I already got it now.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

724 by Miyagi-Hana »»
Mar 9, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.