Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2008 10:19 AM

Oct 2007
Yes, I've heard that this anime is very alike Naruto.
So I wonder if this is about a 10-year old kid who was abandoned by his parents and now if that little kid wants to be a pro ninja.

I'm sorry for being rather biased, but I'm a stereotype Naruto hater, which is why I'd like to know a little bit more directly from people who've actually watched the show.

[Edit] Okay, the kid is 14 years... but still. Any Naruto "haters" watching this who enjoys this show, perhaps? :p
Oct 2, 2008 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
i wouldnt recommend this show to anyone who liked naruto. i think they will dropped this show very soon, because they wont get the action they wanted.
it is very different in my opinion, the story is more complex,it has more twist and i think females will enjoy this show much more than boys :3, because of some miharu XX yoite scenes. they are both males^^
by the way i am a naruto hater and i enjoyed this show^^

Oct 2, 2008 7:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
nope...

this anime is as close as being Naruto as Fate Stay Night is to Naruto.

and yes... a lot of Miharu x Yoite goodness....

and I want to take Yoite home. I wish I had his plushie....

experience tells me that females will tend to enjoy this series much more than males (although there are exceptions....)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 2, 2008 8:03 PM

Apr 2007
I'm a naruto hater. lawl, but this show looks pretty promising!
I watched the first episode and it doesn't seem bad at all! :D

Oct 2, 2008 8:28 PM

Oct 2006
Yeah, beyond the general premise (i.e. ninjas) it's absolutely nothing like Naruto. I've been a slightly disappointed as a fan of the manga (which does a better job with Miharu's character, I think) but I'm still enjoying it. Less action than Naruto, and the Miharu x Yoite stuff is sure to drive off a good portion of that crowd, but it has more depth and character development than the former and looks a lot better too.

I don't hate Naruto - in fact, I managed to enjoy at least parts of the original despite its many flaws - but Nabari no Ou is definitely geared towards a different crowd - more towards Naruto haters than Naruto fans.
Oct 3, 2008 10:02 PM

Jun 2007
In short Naruto is more for kids and this is more for Teen + Adults. Like everyone else said, if your not a Naruto fanboy you will love this.
Nov 18, 2008 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
The anime "Naruto" is for shounen, but "Nabari no Ou" is for the older audiences. People who found like the Naruto series would probably not have much interest in this one. The concept of the two animes can be summed up as:

Naruto = "Believe it! Never give up!!!"

Nabari no Ou = "If they want to make peace, make peace with them. If they show hostility, crush the enemies!!"

Get the drift?
Nov 29, 2008 4:07 PM
Nov 2008
Nabari No Ou and Naruto are completely different minus the ninja setting.

I like Naruto as well as Nabari No Ou and I also agree that NNO is more geared toward older audiences than Naruto. Just because you hate Naruto doesn't mean you'll neccessarily like or dislike NNO. =3
Nov 9, 2009 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
No not at all
mutch better for my taste and soo many cute guys in it KAWAII
Jan 19, 2016 2:35 AM

Jun 2010
Nope, nothing like that at all. Thank God, since Naruto is a load of cr**.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.