Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I read that there was a special on first week of July, but didn't expect was pre-air of ep.1. The real airing will be next Monday the 9th. (not sure why ep.1 was out, but I found another special here, which is different from Reimeiroku and is summary to whole Hakuouki with Chizuru, then at the end shows a bit of ep.1 w. OP)

Long blue hair guy was "saved" by someone from Shinsengumi. When he woke up, it's Heisuke! So that guy hating the samurai for stealing his money. Yuunosuke Ibuki is the name. He's shocked at those group are nice to them. He met lots of people we've seen.

Hijikata and that guy who saved the main guy this series is having argument outside.

He became underling of that guy who saved him, and Shinsengumi are grouping with that guy as well.

ED: "Hana no Atosaki (花のあとさき)" by mao

Saitou-san appeared at the end!
tsubasaloverJul 3, 2012 10:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
Lmao I haven't seen this yet, but surprised to see you say that. When I played Reimeiroku, I thought they were MUCH rougher and much bigger jerks to Ryuunosuke than to girl!Chizuru. xDDDD I noted actually, lol, that his being a boy had him treated with far less courtesy. They roughed him up, Sano pretty much smacks him and is like "behave kid", and Souji at the very least was like... rofl major bastard. (Actually pretty much everyone roughs this poor kid up at some point. He's like... 16 or what, lol.)

And yeah, Hijikata is going to have conflicts with Serizawa A LOT. I wonder how much the episode included, I'll have to go find it.

(Also I only really know Souji-route spoilers directly, but that includes a lot of the main story too, I can give some explanations probably. xD)
Jul 2, 2012 10:14 AM
Mar 2010
I am totally lost without subs.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 9, 2012 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
Oh, god! *-*
Chizuru doesn't appear and in her place there is Ryuunosuke! What could be more perfect than that?! *-*
I love Ryuunosuke!
I'm glad that there isn't any annoying and useless girl like Chizuru. Well, though Ryuunosuke is a like weak too. But he'll get stronger with Shinsengumi!
Toshizou, Hajime, Souji, Sannosuke! Love them forever!
Shinsengumi banzai!
Jul 10, 2012 7:26 AM

Dec 2010
I'm still waiting to watch u.u . The fansubbers of my country are very bad and slow, I'm thinking of watching even with subtitles in Spanish.
Jul 10, 2012 9:54 AM
Mar 2010
guys, search for subs on youtube before its taken down. just watched it. it was amazing! okita~~~~~~~~
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 10, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
Everyone's back! YES. Interesting first episode. I'm excited to see how everyone develops. After what happened to them in Hekketsuroku It's so weird seeing them now. But wait, wasn't that Chizuru's "dad" in the end? How's that going to work out? Will we see Chizuru? @_@

Jul 10, 2012 1:58 PM
Apr 2012
Question:
Should someone who has never seen the series before watch this first, then continue with the series, or the other way around?
Jul 10, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
BakaOppai said:
Question:
Should someone who has never seen the series before watch this first, then continue with the series, or the other way around?

If a prequel airs after a number of seasons, then there's only two possibilities: it's intended to milk a franchise, or to be watched in the intended order. Usually, it's both of these combined, so I'd recommend you to start properly.

Jul 10, 2012 3:26 PM
Jan 2011
You can still enjoy it without watching the other 2 seasons since it's a prequel.

Of course if you watched Hakuoki previously you already know most of the cast and this one has character development (or at least the game has, I'm hoping the adaptation stays faithful) so you can understand better these characters and their actions in the future.
Jul 10, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
From the other posters, I'm guessing that this is a prequel to something. I just saw it on Crunchyroll so I watched the episode. It's kind of interesting, but I don't want to ruin a series by watching it out of order...
Does anyone know whether watching this would ruin the sequels?
Jul 10, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2010
fishergirl16 said:
From the other posters, I'm guessing that this is a prequel to something. I just saw it on Crunchyroll so I watched the episode. It's kind of interesting, but I don't want to ruin a series by watching it out of order...
Does anyone know whether watching this would ruin the sequels?

You're right, this is a prequel to two other seasons, Hakuouki and Hakuouki Hekketsuroku. There's also a 6-episode OVA that just got subtitled. I don't think you'll spoil yourself by watching the prequel first though. It could actually be more interesting if you decide to watch the other two seasons after finishing Reimeiroku because you'll be starting them with a lot more background information.

The first episode was pretty good! Ryuunosuke is a likable protagonist so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how his relationship with Serizawa develops in the coming episodes. The opening was nice too, but I miss the previous openings sung by Yoshioka Aika. I can't wait to see the flashbacks of Hijikata, Okita and Kondou. And I loved the ending scene with Saitou staring at the falling sakura petals while his hair blows prettily in the wind. XD
Jul 10, 2012 4:32 PM

Sep 2008
I miss Chizuru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2012 4:44 PM

May 2009
Good episode. It's nice to see these guys again, especially since they all

Kotomine treating Gilgamesh like shit. Funny.
Jul 10, 2012 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
I miss Kazama... my precious baby ;-;
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jul 10, 2012 5:50 PM

Apr 2007
stAtic91 said:
I couldn't stop laughing at that~~ Pretty much the only thing I liked about the episode. Oh and seeing Saito again too <3

Anywayz, yeah besides that stuff I didn't like this episode at all. Ibuki is especially annoying. I do hope he's not going to be a punching bag for the entire series. Weak brat.

So....does Kazama appear in this series at all?? /too lazy to look up
Jul 10, 2012 6:18 PM

May 2010
Sub: I'm am Heisuke Toudou
What I heard: Ore Toudou sket dance da.
Jul 10, 2012 6:25 PM

Jan 2012
Damn, this was pretty good. I enjoyed the first episode a lot. Want to see more of this.

Jul 10, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
SAIZOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! *O*

And will there be no Chizuru?? LOL xD
Jul 10, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
mixordia said:

I miss him too... He was my favorite in Hakuouki
Love Chikage forever!!!!
I also miss Kyou and Kyuujuu...
Those 3 were the only onis that I liked
Jul 10, 2012 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
AngelAngela said:
mixordia said:

This.

And thank god no annoying Chizuru. I might be able to enjoy the anime this time.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 10, 2012 10:54 PM
Jan 2011
Dear Studio DEEN, just because you added one more bishie doesn't mean this show will get any better (sigh). Seriously, I liked the first series (though it was like two years ago and I guess if I'd re-watched it now, I would change my opinion about it), but with every next season this gets worse and worse. I just wonder what level of inanity will the movies reach... I gave it 5/10 for now. Hope I'll be able to give it a higher score, because I don't really like to rate anime low.
Jul 11, 2012 2:25 AM
Mar 2010
mijuku-nii said:
Dear Studio DEEN, just because you added one more bishie doesn't mean this show will get any better (sigh). Seriously, I liked the first series (though it was like two years ago and I guess if I'd re-watched it now, I would change my opinion about it), but with every next season this gets worse and worse. I just wonder what level of inanity will the movies reach... I gave it 5/10 for now. Hope I'll be able to give it a higher score, because I don't really like to rate anime low.

with how they butchered hiiro no kakera, they had BETTER make up for that with this show. I like it so far. :D
Jul 11, 2012 2:44 AM

May 2009
mijuku-nii said:
Dear Studio DEEN, just because you added one more bishie doesn't mean this show will get any better (sigh).
Yes, it does. And the second season was better than the first, imo.
Jul 11, 2012 7:29 AM
Jan 2011
mijuku-nii said:

It's not like Studio DEEN created the character anyway, it is based on a visual novel and has the same seiyuus.
And Reimeiroku in my opinion is better than Hakuoki.
If you don't like history or the characters (this season is going to focus on the growth of the characters) then don't watch because it will only be about Roshigumi history (and the rasetsu shit subplot but it isn't important anyway)
Jul 11, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't like the anime adaptation of Hakuouki that much but I really enjoyed the VN.
Jul 11, 2012 10:02 AM

Sep 2009
Loved the 2nd season so having a third season with everyone being all normal is odd. But yup, wth, I get to see the characters I like.
OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Saito. I have missed you bby :* <3
Have to say that Ryunosuke is annoying. JUST PLAIN ANNOYING.

Mao ending is such a WIN <3...This show does have great OP and EDs must say.

And wait a second, did I not tear my hair while watching Hakuouki? Oh yah, I didn't see Chizura (¬‿¬)
Jul 11, 2012 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
stAtic91 said:
mijuku-nii said:
Dear Studio DEEN, just because you added one more bishie doesn't mean this show will get any better (sigh).
Yes, it does. And the second season was better than the first, imo.

I didn't enjoy the second season that much, because it pissed me off seeing almost everyone dying and useless Chizuru surviving.
Jul 11, 2012 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
Saitou. <3

I hope Kazama is in this

Serizawa is a douche.

4/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 12, 2012 3:16 AM

Feb 2012
I missed those guys <3 Ryunosuke seems pretty annoying so far, but it was the same with Chizuru for me, and I liked her in the end (even though I almost died of jealousy because of that 'I will follow you everywhere, Hijikata-san!' thing...). Oh yeah, Hijikata the ultimate badass stands against that sadistic macho Serizawa, who gets his butt kissed by almost everybody. I love him.
And Saitou at the end... OMG. Can't wait till next ep~
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 12, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2011
It seems like I'm in the minority here, but I found this to be somewhat boring and bland o.o. I just get Brave 10 vibes left, right and center, except the main char is a pansy.

2/5

Idk if I'll continue watching this.
Jul 12, 2012 10:51 AM
Mar 2010
onedaysnotice said:
It seems like I'm in the minority here, but I found this to be somewhat boring and bland o.o. I just get Brave 10 vibes left, right and center, except the main char is a pansy.

2/5

Idk if I'll continue watching this.

well japan is certainty not thinking that. the dvd rankings have shot up.
Jul 12, 2012 12:11 PM
Sep 2011
Personally I really really like it so far!! :D :D

I like Ryuunosuke so far actually, but of course I still like Hijikata the most. :P And yeah, so far he's pretty weak, but I'm sure he'll grow stronger. And I actually kinda miss Chizuru despite the fact that she's pretty useless...and well, she couldn't exactly help it since back then women were thought to be inferior to men...and for some reason they never really taught her how to fight properly. o.o
Jul 13, 2012 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
stAtic91 said:

Haha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about this! The series seems okay so far, interested to see which route the anime will end as. Yay, Saitou appeared near the end ;;

黒子のバスケ, こうすけ@ついった
Jul 16, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2009
Hakuouki without the whining bitch. Might just be good! :D
Aug 5, 2012 2:14 PM
Mar 2012
Ahohime said:
Hakuouki without the whining bitch. Might just be good! :D

AngelAngela said:
I'm glad that there isn't any annoying and useless girl like Chizuru.
This!

Why do they always put in such whiny, annoying female characters? If everyone is just annoyed by them?

Man, Souji was an ass.
Jan 18, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
holy homo-vibe batman

got used to it by second half though (no homo)

not a fan of shinsengumi show, but i'll give this one a chance like the rest...
May 5, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2010
Hmm, I'm watching this before the two season and for now I really don't see it to be much interesting, but there is time for this show to pick up. It's a samurai anyway, so I'll enjoy it at least for this if for nothing else.
Jul 11, 2013 2:26 AM
Jul 2018

YAY! They are back! XD Nice seeing them again. All hail for no Chizuru!
Finally, I can see my Souji in full health. :3
Aug 31, 2013 2:19 PM
Aug 2013
Wuuuaaah~ :(
I miss Chizuru~
I don't really like the season 3 cuz there's no Chizuru there... :(
I like season 1 and 2
I really like Chizuru and Chikage~
Why can't Chizuru be in season 3? If she could be in season 3 then I would love it but no there's no Chizuru in the season 3, dammit :( I wanna see Chizuru in Oni form...
Oct 9, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
No Chizaru....that's a plus.

However the new protagonist seems to be just as helpless, ugh. I can guess how this will end already.

Hijikata vs Serizawa
May 17, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Take the girl away, and it starts having homo vibes. LOL

New protag's kind of annoying. But Saitou's here! <3333
Jun 16, 2014 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
Well after finishing the main series, my hunger for more wouldn't subside. It's great to see the old group together again. This new character might very well turn out worse than Chizuru. Even though Serizawa is a douche he speaks more sense than someone as ungrateful as this new guy.
May 2, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
Wow my husband is a big jerk in this episode. Calm down Souji xD
Jun 3, 2016 9:40 AM
Jan 2016
I think this might be a renew for the whole anime where this new boy takes chizuru's place spoiler alert

I hope they don't die like what happened in the previous season also When hijikata told kondo that he will make him a Great Samurai broke my Heart because kondo Dies T_T
Great to see okita again.
Jun 3, 2016 9:50 AM
Jan 2016
BakaOppai said:
Question:

I think u should but ask more People because I saw just the first episode of this and I don't know if It has spoilers
Oct 31, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2013
lolol. Yikes. Chizuru doesn't seem to be popular in this forum hahaha. I actually don't have a problem with her. Yes, loving all these bishies, but also wanna see some romance develop *le sigh* idc if the main girl is weak or annoying lmao I just wanna hear the handsome men sweet talk to her and make us all melt on the inside LOLOL. That's my goal D; and it can't happen without a love interest ;[

Ryuu needs to be trained. He's pretty weak rn :/
Apr 6, 2018 1:44 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was very cool, my fav scene without doubts was Okita-husbando entrance in the episode!!!! So savage, brat and still yet my beloved diva. My fav character so far
Apr 6, 2018 1:46 PM
Jun 2017
Miyako-tan said:
Wow my husband is a big jerk in this episode. Calm down Souji xD

Souji its just a big diva,amazing and funny as always 😂😂😂😂❤❤

More topics from this board

» Can I Watch This Prequel Without Watching the Other Series?

Motion_Menace - Oct 13, 2012

8 by YukiPwns00 »»
Jun 3, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Reimeiroku Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2012

47 by future_dose »»
Jun 5, 2020 7:15 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Reimeiroku Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2012

21 by Kokoro_Kotashima »»
Oct 31, 2017 4:11 PM

» WTFuck!!!

talkngseverdhead - Apr 22, 2014

1 by Golexi »»
Apr 29, 2017 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Reimeiroku Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2012

17 by Miyako-tan »»
Jun 23, 2016 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.