Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2012 6:24 PM

Dec 2011
¬ Can anyone please tell spoil me the games plot from all of this? I haven't played the game but I've heard that the world they currently live in is fake or something created by Kaguya in order to escape the harsh reality of the real world and In "real" reality or Rick's world all the bread making girls are dead? (As we see in that sudden flashback in the anime) And Rick story is somewhat depressing?

If thats the case, I don't get why they didn't adapt and portray it to that extent. For an anime with very good art/animation and VA's it just seems like a waste =/
Jul 7, 2012 1:23 AM
Aug 2010
Well, what can I say....this is about as simple as an anime can get.

Unfortunately, the reason I think this anime failed surprisingly enough was because of the half-assed attempt to make a story/plot out of this.

IMO, it would have been better to have 12 episodes of slice of life romance or comedy or something other than this.

It made little sense and too often it was boring.

The girls (whatever their names are) where a big problem as well.

They had ZERO personality, ZERO intrigue, and they literally did nothing.

I loved the art, the setting, and the music was pretty good too, however the problems I listed above were too much.

5/10, I'm going to be generous because even though it was boring.....it really didn't do anything terrible it's biggest problems were the lack of interest and depth.
Jul 7, 2012 10:51 AM

Jun 2007
So.. There isn't going to be any explanation on how they got to the shore, lost their memories, their past lives etc.? Looking back at it, there's quite number of characters that are pointless throughout the series too, like the elves and the tsun witch..Or.. They are just created to taste Rick's bread..

Not sure to give it a 4/10 or 5/10.. The female character design is good, but that's all.. F/
Jul 9, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
It was good, enjoyable in its own way.
Jul 11, 2012 12:41 PM

May 2011
Meddigo said:
Where the hell is Mistral? Seriously. The only reason I bothered with this show is because I wanted to see how Yukarin would voice Mistral. What the hell was Production IG thinking? This incompetent trash can't even be called an adaptation of an already bad game. They wasted a bunch of money on this, and they don't even have the fan-favorite girl show up? Jeez. The only thing decent about this show were the character designs by Tony Taka. That's it.

I was so waiting for Misty as well!!! ;____;
Jul 11, 2012 10:52 PM

May 2011
Satoko said:
This anime was worth watching just because Melty & Sorbet were in it.

Those two were really nice compared to the rest of the cast. I did also like Xiao-Mei to some extent, but I definitely had 0 care for the main cast.
Jul 14, 2012 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
It wasn't nearly anything amazing, but I enjoyed it well enough and I'd like to see more, plus I really liked the setting and designs. 7/10.
Jul 14, 2012 2:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Terribad....but i have seen worse.

Total waste of my time though. :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 15, 2012 7:08 AM
May 2012
It wasn't really bad though, for me. What made me stay in this anime was the slice of life portion. That's it, no plot, but the characters are pretty much interesting and seeing how their relationship grows. (no BS, SOL is my fave genre)

Still, i didn't get bored with it, good show.

8/10.
Den0sJul 15, 2012 7:12 AM
Jul 15, 2012 10:17 AM

Jun 2010
6 out of 10. +1 for the catchy ED theme song. = 7/10.

I Still dont get this show right to the end lol. Its about bread right? *scratches head*

Jul 17, 2012 3:12 PM

Sep 2011
It really wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed the fantasy setting, the character art, the voice acting and especially the music. Guess it could have been much better with more episodes. 5/10
Jul 26, 2012 8:10 PM
Jan 2010
Character design and artwork were good. Of the characters I think Xiao-Mei was the star. She just had personality unlike most of the others. Hank comes in second. Kerberos/Queen third...
Dylan was the cool Bro type but even that cliche didn't really add to this.
Of the main three heroines, Amil almost got there as she actually seemed concerned by Rick's troubles.

Ultimately what ruined it for me was the near lack of anything actually progressing story wise when Xiao-mei or Hank weren't there. Half of the episodes involved showing each of the girls reactions (near identical facial expressions which are so inexplicably annoying that... Ahem.) by slowly panning over each of them or, even worse, the dreaded flashbacks; showing a 30 second long flashback of something that only happened 5 minutes ago does not help what's left of my sanity.

4/10 - at the very least there was enough of a plot to keep me watching to the end.
Aug 8, 2012 1:45 PM
Feb 2012
Pretty bad.

Initially I expected this anime to be a lot better and even patiently waited for all the bread talk to end but it didn't. Alright, bread is fine, whatever- so the plot will be good, right? Nope. There were barely fights and those that were shown, were brief and anticlimactic. So maybe explain a little bit about the different dimensions thing or maybe tell us something about the protagonists' past? Nah, screw that and let's just continue making some bread.
If it weren't for Amil and Dylan's seiyuu (Sena and Zoro respectively) I would've given this show an even lower rating than 6.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 14, 2012 8:35 AM

Feb 2012
Utterly disappointing final episode, they tried to implement a plot but ultimately failed, it feels like we should get a second season or an OVA but we won't because this show was a piece of crap and the sales reflect that.
Aug 15, 2012 10:17 PM

Nov 2007
Very average. The Pirate dude was cool though. The ending just seemed to make everything go back to normal. nothing more about Ricks past or Kaguya. Oh well I guess.
Aug 16, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2011
Good, relaxing, enjoyable anime for people who likes SOL anime, but really boring for those who dosen't like it. Although the plot is very simple or it can be said there's no plot, It still pretty worthed
7/10 for me
Aug 16, 2012 7:04 PM
Nov 2010
Bad show.

Both listed character designers, Shunsaku Tomose and Tony Taka, have worked on a few hentai shows. So, please someone call me once they make an hentai spin-off of this show cause that might actually be more entertaining.
Z-flameAug 17, 2012 6:29 AM
Aug 28, 2012 1:28 AM

Aug 2010
Almost took me half a year to watch 12 episodes...ouch. The episode itself was pretty okay 3/5.

I'm giving this a generous 5/10 as I did enjoy the scenes with the side characters (special mention to Xiao-Mei). I would actually like to see a spin-off featuring Xiao-Mei, Dyran, Lorna and Hank. That could be pretty entertaining. I didn't really care about the main characters or the plot here though.
Jun 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
It was average... shame that it didn't turned out how the game was. A lot of characters were missing from the show and if they used half of the stuff that it was in the game, this anime would have been far better. I had high hopes for it...
Aug 14, 2013 8:18 PM

Jun 2012
I enjoyed it. The beginning was boring and the crack like bread was a bit annoying at times. But I'm a sucker for this kind of setting with all the genres it mixed in. I wish the romance was more of a focus. The art and animation was beautiful. Every character was wonderfully drawn and so were the backgrounds.

It would be cool if this got a second season. I want to play the game now but I don't have a psp.
8/10
Feb 28, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
one of the most boring shit ever...

4/10
Aug 15, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
There is absolutely no plot, no character development, no romance, no action, no drama, no ecchi! It's all about bread. The story makes no sense but I still managed to finish it hoping something would happen but it didn't. 6/10 I'm so generous.
Oct 7, 2014 4:52 AM

Mar 2014
The Bread that amplifies taste to make sure you'll see the dawn of the day .
"Happiness is what matters the most" . It was a tiresome triumph over evil once again ~
Brimming with colors , awakes us from our long slumber ~ .. Harp prince knows his words ~
Back to the everyday life full of yearnings and exquisite moments :)
Very great episode !!! .. "Understand and you shall be wise" . to make a "new path" that is :D

Shining Hearts : shiawase no pan . was a beautiful , enjoyable and amusing anime for me ~ !!
As the name suggest "Bread of Happiness" , It expresses or interprets the happiness in which , you'll found on yourself through the deluxe of time and the leisure in doing what you're happy the most . What I notice and praise greatly on this anime is it's state-of-the-art animation that amaze to even making me blush because of it's lovely lines and artistic designs . The characters is what makes the anime more intriguing as It fascinated my eyes , bewitched by it's art and the atmosphere that relaxes my body with their disposition so charming and bright . Although , It has a lack of "simplicity" as it makes the audience bewildered on the changing of mood (being a great slice-of-life toning from the start it then engraves on being an action-fantasy as it was it's real genres .. so I don't know why they done that but they did a good job nevertheless .), It is in fact (I hope) , made it astounding to watch because of the harmonious shifting that the plot directs .
I really had hope for romance , which I think , will perfectly blend on the show as It surely will make the anime more eye-catching to gape at . It also has little humor compared to it's drama .
I wish for a sequel with the more captivating art of course . nonetheless , It was worthy of my praises ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 4:40 AM

Dec 2008
Oh I I didnt love bread so much, this would have a lower rating...lol oh well 6/10 but what a mess of a show...still looked good and the gals were cute and all. ^~^
Apr 14, 2015 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
Episode, flying on combat not just exciting, it manages to be enjoyable in its simplicity.
Narrative that quickly closes the part dedicated to the action to focus on the component SOL; if you love the above kind, this TV series might like, because beyond this unfortunately fails to offer another.
Well designed and animated; it's almost a shame to see this untapped capital to further enhance the story.
Overall I liked the TV series, but I expected a lot more; I loved the designs and the soundtrack, however, my vote is 6/10!
Oct 30, 2015 3:43 AM
Dec 2012
Not as bad as people said. Probably because I like Slice of Life genre. The soothing, slow and calm atmosphere, not to mention the smell of the bread. Damn! I'm drooling over Rick's bread. Gonna have a bite of that!
Mar 18, 2018 9:36 PM
Jun 2016
It's was OK I liked it.guys friendship is an important thing.i wish there was little bit more moe tho lol
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this for the most part. Thought the first episode seemed almost unusually cheery, but it quickly grew on me. I mean, who wouldn't want to bake bread on a peaceful island with a bunch of cute girls?

I kinda wish the final battle involved more of the cast, and the last couple episodes felt like they were missing something. But the way they slowly introduced the conflict, and managed to weave it into the more relaxed elements, was done in a satisfying manner. I'd play the game if I had access to it.
syncrogazerMay 20, 2020 7:52 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 12, 2012

148 by syncrogazer »»
May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

41 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 14, 2012

32 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 12, 2015 6:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.