Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 1, 2012 6:11 PM
Did anyone understood why Rea bit Chihiro at the end. I don.t really get it. It is not fair, they left us on a cliff. >.< Anyway, i loved this anime. I am going to go watch it again. See ya. :)
C:UsersZhouPicturesProfile Picsi love manga.gif

Sep 3, 2012 8:11 PM

MUST.HAVE.MOARRRRRRRRrr

ilovebluebear16 said:
Did anyone understood why Rea bit Chihiro at the end. I don.t really get it. It is not fair, they left us on a cliff. >.< Anyway, i loved this anime. I am going to go watch it again. See ya. :)

Lol you made an account just to post this? :o
That bite had multiple meanings, rewatch it and you might find out.

Sep 6, 2012 4:55 PM

7/10 good anime.
7 as mediocre anime is not in my book, 5-6 are "maybe" mediocre.... but if u don't understand this then i leave here a score that might suit some perceptions :
8/10.
thanks to this new director.

Sep 9, 2012 8:01 PM

Good ending can't wait until the 2nd ova until then I think I'll read the manga. I also liked the bite at the end I see I'm not alone:)
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Sep 11, 2012 11:13 PM

I hope the 2nd ova alludes to another season of Sanka. I'm so mangry that we didn't get to see one of my favorite characters `-`

Sep 22, 2012 11:28 AM

10th and 11th episodes were awesome, but this episode wass odd, it think the whole anime had been better without it D : Have Rea's brains gone numb and now she can't control herself anymore? Is Furuya gonna turn a zombie now? I can't stand the uncertainty :d

Oct 5, 2012 6:32 AM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
A 6 is described as "fine" and that's how I felt about this. It wasn't bad, but I just didn't feel anything special towards it.

I'll still watch S2 when it comes out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 10, 2012 12:56 PM

At the beginning the slow pace was good... but it never changed.. and at the end I get feeling like this should have been so much more.
Hopefully the wont make the same mistakes if they make a second season.
huh?

Oct 28, 2012 9:17 PM

Cliffhanger! >.<

anyways, it was a good anime, i'll give it an 8 :)
Hoping for a season 2 :D
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.

Nov 14, 2012 8:00 PM

Cant believe I watched the whole series in one day.

Was pretty good, I had high hopes after the first few episode. The father creeped me me out to no end. Through that, the art was great, solid MC and the ecchi was great. Cant wait for a second season.

8/10

Nov 15, 2012 8:49 AM

with the way they ended this and the plot i can definatley foresee a season 2 in the future! i did enjoy this show 8/10!

Nov 19, 2012 4:32 AM

Since everyones asking! The bite at the end in my guess is the stage 2 of zombification, remember when we saw the dad fly in the airplane? Stage 2 was in that notebook or computer thingy w.e my guess is shes starting to lose it alittle between a killer zombie and the normalish girl zombie?! By chance, does anyone know of how well the anime or so sold?! :O i want a season 2!
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Nov 27, 2012 1:22 AM

Really liked this anime. I started reading the manga when it first came out. While the anime isn't the most faithful recount of the manga (lest my memory fails me), it hits all the main points pretty well. The music was well picked. The OP and ED were just perfect. I also was right in choosing to wait for episode 00 before watching the whole thing in one sitting. In fact, 00 wasn't covered in the manga, but then again that was as of chapter twenty-something (got busy *sad*). The whole beginning episodes sets up the show pretty well. I think I'm gonna pick up the manga again after watching this. I also thought the animation was pretty superb. Mero is so cute. I'm very eager for a season two, especially after an ending like that, there's no way they aren't planning more.

Dec 3, 2012 11:48 PM

I found the anime to very enjoyable. But with that ending I think there needs to be a season two.

Dec 13, 2012 3:12 PM
アニメスタッフ

I loved this series so much about it is what classic good anime is all about. I do hope for a second season, and i do think it will happen from the signs and indications. Season 1 was successful and there is strong material in the manga for season 2.

Dec 13, 2012 8:40 PM
Yup really hope for a season 2 , cause as of now alot of thing are unexplained like how will Rea's body stop decaying and is his mum a zombie .

Dec 17, 2012 11:31 AM
didnt expect the series to be this good and im glad it didnt turn out to be a ecchi centered anime.
cant wait for season 2
but there was 2 thing that was bugging me
1. is it just me or actually loving your cousin kinda weird
2. what kind of man marries a 14 year old girl and falls pregnant
apart from that it was a good series
Modified by XqlucivE, Dec 17, 2012 11:36 AM

Dec 22, 2012 1:08 AM

Good series. I just don't like how they were both so cool with her molester father at the end. They didn't try to force the fan service and that was refreshing.

I thought the first few eps were really good. It kind of fell off, but that's a problem with alot of anime and I didn't focus on it.

I honestly think a show like this or Highschool of the Dead etc would benefit from being 1 1/2 or 2 hr movies. As opposed to being drug out into 12 eps, when really 6 is more than enough to tell this kind of story.

Dec 26, 2012 4:19 PM

Quite a decent ending but it was way to open, good that there are a couple of specials and ova's lets hope that those will complete the story! In general this anime was quite nice and had some really good moments! The concept and story buildup was also quite nice so in general it was quite a nice anime and a good watch 8/10

So yea lets see what the ova's will give us!

Dec 27, 2012 9:15 AM
It started well, but as soon as Rea turned into a zombie, shit went downhill fast. 5/10.

Dec 28, 2012 10:46 AM

This is what I posted in the FTV forums:-

So I just checked through this thread and I most certainly stopped after episode 09 as it said earlier on MAL. My mini-mission of the day was to complete the series, so I checked through all the random curiosity reviews of Episodes 1 to 9....only really looked at the pictures.

I started off by watching the first OVA episode, episode 00 that takes place 7 months before the first episode just as a reminder of what the characters were like and also because of a recommendation of watching this episode along with episode 10, which are mainly "flashback" episodes.

After that, I finsihed the original TV series off and was proud to make it "complete" at MAL. :P

The series is awesome and of course unique in that there aren't many animes depicting the undead as potential lovers, there are of course a lot of mangas out there for it but this in anime is great but also really innocent. Not like "My lovely ghost Kana", which is pretty much hentai.

I really like characters like Ranko but I also pity her because she doesn't have a place in the main character's heart yet since he's so focused on giving Rea a "normal girl life" and somewhat in love with her, I wouldn't say he's completely in love with her yet.

I haven't read the manga in a long time and I've mostly forgotten what I have read in the past, so I might restart from the beginning, probably do it next year though, I still have a lot more anime series I want to finish before the end of 2012. :P

My score for this series is a 9/10, it's the score I had for it when I stopped watching at episode 09 earlier this year and I decided to keep the score because I thought episode 10 to 12 were pretty good, of course the last TV episode didn't seem like a conclusion but I expected that since apparently episodes 13 and 14 are bundled with the Blu-Ray volumes. I'm surprised they haven't been subbed yet, I think episode 13 has been but I don't where to find it though. ;)

Dec 30, 2012 12:16 AM
Trunkies said:
Since everyones asking! The bite at the end in my guess is the stage 2 of zombification, remember when we saw the dad fly in the airplane? Stage 2 was in that notebook or computer thingy w.e my guess is shes starting to lose it alittle between a killer zombie and the normalish girl zombie?! By chance, does anyone know of how well the anime or so sold?! :O i want a season 2!
I'm not sure about that, since she got the same way before they knew she had to eat the leaves, and it seemed like they were sitting there for a while, so i'm guessing she just forgot to eat them.

On a seperate note, this has only been my 4th anime iv'e watched, and i feel as though i have spoiled myself, since i enjoyed this so much, and i felt broken when i realised this only had 12 episodes, i would give this a 9 1/2 out of 10 :3
Modified by Dasuper11, Dec 30, 2012 12:24 AM

Jan 3, 2013 1:13 AM
The 12th episode was entirely too disappointing. It offered absolutely no closure for the series. I'm hoping that there is a season 2 in the works, otherwise this was a waste of time. The show hints in multiple ways that their mother and Granddad were/are zombies as well, yet offer nothing on the lines of an answer!!

As the series finale as of now, it was awful. I have yet to watch the OVAs, but based on what I've heard I'm not going to get a lot of what I'm looking for in those. If a season 2 airs I will definitely hop back on and check this show out then, as it was extremely cute with an interesting premise. I was more than pleased that the cliche' zombie idea was used in such a minimal yet clever way. Great series, but I'm withholding a full opinion until more is released or I get a hold of the manga.

Also, the opening theme kicked ass. I'm getting that group xD

Jan 15, 2013 5:21 AM

just finished the series
the last episode seems to a cliffhanger.....hope there will be next season
but if not its a terrible closure...

its a decent stories, i'll give it 7.5/10

Jan 29, 2013 2:47 PM
There better be a second season because episode 12 was hardly an ending it just left me more curious about what was going to happen

Feb 5, 2013 3:02 PM
Well, Iam so confused about why she bited him D:?! Should that be the cure or something... Or just to make people thing "Uuhh! Thats was a cute scene" xD?

Feb 5, 2013 3:04 PM
Ellis-chan said:
Boring and a waste of time.
I couldn't relate to any of the characters and the animation was horrible.
4/10

Wtf duude D:? How much did you watch?

Feb 25, 2013 5:15 PM

-- uhmm .
i finish watching Sankarea i admit it i LOVE it :) i like Rea XD
just want to ask what is the meaning why did Rea bite Chihiro ?

( i think to show Rea that she loves Chihiro ? i dunno if im correct but this is the way i see it )

any opinion What is the meaning why did Rea bite Chihiro ? [ im i little confused ]
You Got Anime with a Genre of Ecchi , Romance , Harem ? Cmon , Recommend that to me . Pleeeease? XD

Apr 18, 2013 3:54 AM

This chapter felt a wee bit pointless IMHO. They should have ended it on chapter 11 and have this as OVA or as part of a potential second season.

Nevertheless it's been an entertaining series with a nice blend of genre's and some cute characters.

May 2, 2013 3:49 PM
Where should I start in the manga now that I've watched the anime?

May 6, 2013 10:36 AM

Episode ends with cliffhanger but this was a pretty enjoyable Anime all together for me. I'm pretty sure the story will continue in the OVA and hopefully a second season.

May 13, 2013 1:07 PM
Oh the great god of Otaku's, please grant us the second season of sankarea

May 13, 2013 1:09 PM

karosass said:
Oh the great god of Otaku's, please grant us the second season of sankarea

There are a few extra episodes in the form of OVAs if you haven't spotted them, I literally just finished watching them, so don't dismay yet. I wouldn't mind a second season either though.

May 19, 2013 6:28 PM
i also want a 2nd season

Jun 4, 2013 6:18 AM
I'm not familiar with the laws of zombies or whatever, but I don't understand the bite at the end. Will he become a zombie or what?

Jun 29, 2013 9:03 AM
I marathoned the whole shit because it started so good..

After episode 4 it just went downhill. Rea was the only likeable character and everything else was meh and frustrating. 7/10

Jul 1, 2013 6:48 PM
iLove3P said:
MUST.HAVE.MOARRRRRRRRrr

ilovebluebear16 said:

Lol you made an account just to post this? :o
That bite had multiple meanings, rewatch it and you might find out.

hahah yea. Oh really, then i will rewatch it then. thanks xD
C:UsersZhouPicturesProfile Picsi love manga.gif

Aug 4, 2013 2:20 AM

Awe....I loved this series.

I'm REALLY hoping for a second season.

9/10

Sep 25, 2013 11:58 PM

Really needs a second season :(

Oct 30, 2013 12:28 PM

waiting for second seasond. any info ??

Nov 11, 2013 10:27 PM

This OVA better sort some shit out for me
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Dec 7, 2013 8:26 AM

This anime was alittle disapointing. This wasn't what I expected when I started this anime. And this type of zombie was strange, but I liked the art style and the story was ok.

Mero is so cute :)

Jan 15, 2014 8:15 PM

Wait....that's it????
Nooooooo don't end it on that note!!!!!!
Cliffhanger endings suck so much!!!!

Feb 24, 2014 2:06 AM

Deen always pick the best stories and animation has something that catch~ But it's always dmn too short!
<clock check> 2014 it's about time for s2

very good~ 8/10

Mar 11, 2014 7:13 AM

Good just an enjoyable anime 8/10 for me hoping for a season 2 cause i want to find our more on how rea and chihiro will live together...

May 18, 2014 4:29 AM

9/10
I really hope for a second season 2, so underrated anime tho :o

May 27, 2014 5:11 AM

this was unique anime really liked it.

Dec 20, 2014 12:28 PM

Well, I liked it. But it seems to be unfinished?
Maybe there will be 2nd season?
8/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Dec 28, 2014 9:00 PM
Really nice show, interesting story, nice characters (some of them), good art, great soundtrack (Ajisai no Ha, oh my god).
I couldnt help but relate this to Twilight at 1st, but i was surprised how it had almost no romance in it.
I really like how the story developed and i hope it will keep developing because not telling us the story about mysterious woman with zombie owl and his mother
is not making me happy. I hope they finished manga at least.
Modified by Narco, Dec 29, 2014 7:16 AM

Jan 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Really enjoyed watching this series, yet at the same time loathed it. Why? Mostly because every character except for Rea sucked. They were all fucking atrocious assholes

Lets look at the pros:
- Rea <3

Lets look at the cons:
- Chihiro; didn't like living girls. Get's a zombie girl, doesn't commit. Acts detached and treats her like a burden.
- Mero; literally a worthless character. Had like 2 moe moments, but did nothing for the show. It would literally be the exact same show if Chihiro was an only child
- Wanko; selfish bitch. Forces herself into everything. Has no qualms with being selfish.
- Yakurata (Chihiro's friend); selfish asshole, and a borderline rapist. Was pretty much forcing Rea to do stuff she didn't want to do, and still tried to grab her when he was almost unconscious.
- Grandpa; the only character that could provide any actual insight, and they made him totally fucking worthless. He had ONE lucid rant, then it was over. A source of knowledge that was never properly used.
- Sanka family maids and security; all selfish assholes looking for a paycheck.
- Rea's Dad; weird rapist molester selfish asshole. Honestly it's not like I even need to give an explanation.
- Rea's stepmom; She wasn't really needed for anything other than being the bitch the gives MC knowledge. In her defense, she was hot as fuck, and her attitude is 100% justifiable, but she didn't even grow as a character. In the grand scheme of things any maid could have even filled her role the same way.

Aside from characters, some bits of the story were a bit disconnected too. Like the episode where she licks his elbow wound. It became important, but they never followed up on what happened afterwards. Did they just go home or what?
Also the episode where he gets kidnapped. Following episode is entirely about his sister for no fucking reason. And the entire episode (except the last 5 minutes with the Mero x Rea interactions) was completely worthless and unrelated to the story.

All of my hatred for the characters and side stories aside, Rea was such a great character, and the story itself was good enough that I still give this show a solid 8. Rea was just fucking amazing.

Havent watched the OVAs yet, but I'm excited. I'm watching this woughly 2.5 years after it aired, and a little over 2 years since the last OVA, and there's still no second season. I mean some anime have gone quite a while before a sequel, but it's kind of rare and I don't really have my hopes up at this point. Still, if there's a chance I would be extremely excited.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

Preview MangaManga Store