Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 24, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2010
That was some pretty happy ending..
Overall, a fun series. And fishing will never be the same again.. 8/10

Nakamura, you're art and animation is just pleasing to the eyes..
Hope to see more of your works.. :)
Jul 14, 2013 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
Tsuritama reminded me a lot of "The Little Prince" and become one of me favorite.
Jul 19, 2013 9:50 AM

Jan 2012
AMAZING.
Sep 30, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
Hahahaha when Akira said "Oh my God!" I couldn't stop laughing. Best line of the anime.

After disliking the anime at the start, it eventually grew on me. 8/10! Will definitely miss it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2012
I like what Yuki said "Even if the world ends today, I just want to fish"

I knew it that Haru is the lure when the lure broke and because he is a fish.

wait, why is the dragon so small??

I'm glad to see Natsuki's long hair again.

Tapioca found his lover.

After all Yuki doesn't change.

This series is so heartwarming and nice.
Dec 17, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2009
that's was one crazy MASTERPIECE ! *o*

such good anime I haven't seen around for awhile ! From 1st till the last episode it was entertaining interesting and beautiful, I couldn't get off for a second until the end :)

Great idea, and I must tell that this is totally original one of the best idea about Bermude triangle mystery and aliens.. also it have psyhology point and presenting many personalities of characters and change in the humans ~
I like personally Yuki and how he got ride of that face thing and phobia of someone glaring at him XD (I am somehow like him I don't like other people paying attention to me heh)
loved all characters and art is nice and music too ! really enjoyed it's atmosphere ^^ beautiful anime and ending was great !
it's been for awhile that I am totally satisfied with the ending ~
btw YAMADA - SUGITA TOMOKAZU - HIDENORI - GINTOKI - SWITCH !!! I've got nuts when I heard him XD he always gives voice to cool & awesome dudes !

I am happy that Director (Joushi) believed in Yamada at the end ;3
and that dance .. XD

but what killed me was last scene Yamada on the boat : FISH FISH FISH.. Tapioca did you see it?
XD ahhhhhhh
love this !! 10/10 toally deserved and original and great !
I wish some specials though *o* (like Danshi :3)
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
May 2, 2014 2:32 AM

Apr 2009
6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 8:24 AM
Aug 2007
7/10

The art is very pretty, the fishing aspect is fairly original, but overall, I felt it dragged on a bit despite being only 12 episodes, I never felt really excited to watch the next episode. It took me a month to finish this, which is probably the longest a 12 episode anime has ever taken me.

Didn't really like any of the characters, Yamada having Sugita as VA was nice but that was about it.

I really liked the OP and ED songs though.
Jul 12, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
Nice ending. Kind of sad to see Natsuki and Akira split up from Haru and Yuki but if everyone's happy that's all that matters! I love how captain and the girl finally got married too hehe.

8/10 from me. Tapioca is still the best character.
Jul 22, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
i re-watched it like 4/5 times, and i still love this. Haru and tapioca are the best.
9/10
Aug 11, 2014 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
Even though I liked a few moments here and there, the one that stood out by the end of the episode was Yuki's development, really like what the writer did with him. The episode was fine for most of the part, except for the aliens going back home moment, it felt way too comical, it may be intended to be that way, but imo it just felt odd, and a little rushed.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 12, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2012
Friendship, happy ending...
The MC is actually changed
And Tapioca got himself a lover xD
I like this kind of ending, I just wished for four of them to be together
Dat smile at the end... So beautiful T_T

I was kinda hoping for more.. But let's leave it like this :)
"Signature removed"
Aug 15, 2014 9:29 AM
Aug 2013
the scene where Yuki was explaining what he figured out to Haru was scaring me it was like in detective / horror genres where they finally figured something out. i

ahahahahahahahahahahaha
Akira: OH MY GOD!!
and Tapioca was mad like "HEY FVCK YOU STOP THAT!!!!!"

it's raining fish, focking fish, that's ..... disgusting....
I was hoping that the mom's bracelet would somehow surprisingly show up with the fish rain (which I said is kind of disgusting)

Maybe Haru and Koko are royalties in their planet, because they're goddesses here
uwaaahhhh Urara is so pretty!!!!! he's so cuuuuteeee!!!! and his hair is so RAD

and Keito scenes are really lovely, aaaanndd we never got to see Yuki's parents :( kind of a let down but they didn't metter to the plot so creators didn't bother showing them

sooooo Urara's a fish and becomes human when 'dried', sooooooo Koko IS the fish that was with Haru when he was shown right????!!!!!!!!

Grandpa that painting SUCKS

Natsuki grew his damn hair, it kind of makes me sad he's not in Enoshima anymore, but he's living the dream so, but he didn't even graduate was that really okay, and about his family I don't care about them

What exactly was Akira doing??? the only thing we got was Tapioca got a lover... wat

AYUMI!!! MISAKI!!!(did i get their names right?!) G-O-T M-A-R-R-I-E-D!!!! ❤- but it's... not... as... sweet.. as before

Haru!!!!!!!❤❤❤❤❤ :D I honestly thought the whole class was going to pull an Enoshima dance when he entered

I wonder if Koko came back??? I hope she enrolled too!!! going senpai senpai all over the place and boys falling for her XD aahahaha

Yuki really grew as a character, he's so much better now ❤. and if this will have a season 2, I think it would gear towards him getting a gf :|.. because that's what it looked like

FORGET ANYTHING I SAID ABOUT THE LAST EPISODE OR THE FISHING SCENE BEING INTENSE
THIS EPISDOE IS INTENSE
If you think about it the plot IS VERY SCARY, I was actually scared while watching it
glass

this is a JOY to watch :)
you won't really enjoy it tilll about episode 4 i think??? you need to watch it
op and ed didn't sound good to me at first, but they grew on me so
ost i didn't notice any of it besides that Haru and Akira ones
Aug 16, 2014 7:51 AM
Apr 2013
Not much depth to the series but it was pretty fun to watch ^^
Sep 5, 2014 10:00 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending of this series I must say, the concept of it was really lovely and the combination between fishing and aliens was quite nice together with the great characters lovely story pacing and development!

I also really loved the OST of this anime it was just awesome and well all in all this anime was really good!
Sep 6, 2014 6:58 AM

Mar 2011
Aah great watch. Really enjoyed this! 8/10
Oct 16, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2011
Beautiful series with a conclusive ending.
May 24, 2015 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
Great story. Great feels. Great colours. Great great great!

Even learned about fishing ahh who would've thought~

Gonna miss this show nowww ;__;
Jun 26, 2015 8:55 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty disappointing show :)
Aug 9, 2015 4:44 AM

Nov 2013
'Oh my god' indeed why hadn't I picked this up earlier. This whole anime left a warm fuzzy feeling inside me and I loved every second of it with its bright colors and unique plot. I'm gonna miss all the characters ;;

10/10 ; one of those rare gems you don't encounter often
Sep 16, 2015 4:32 PM
Mar 2013
I ended up loving this series more than I ever thought I would. I loved the character development, the drama, pretty much everything about it. My only problem is Yuki's grandma, she rubs me the wrong way with the way she acts all happy no matter what moment or situation. I also didn't like how she was so dismissive of Yuki when Duck suspected they were hiding Haru: It doesn't matter if they have every reason to suspect them hiding Haru, they have no evidence to show they are, so Yuki does have every right to be angry at them.
RoychopSep 17, 2015 7:00 AM
Nov 10, 2015 5:35 PM

Dec 2014
ok a pretty weird anime is what I think
Jan 23, 2016 4:48 PM
Nov 2014
I liked this series very much, really interesting and memorable. But the ending was a little bit weird for me. Didn't Yuki say in the previous episode that he's not going to let Haru go home and now what? They're both just saying goodbye just like that not even to each other but to the whole group hmmm
Apr 6, 2016 12:34 AM

Jan 2014
Urara is so cute! This was an amazing episode.
I am going to miss this anime and the Enoshima dance!
Apr 6, 2016 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was so bizarre lol. It was a great finale though. I thought it was kind of sad that the gang was split up, but Haru and Urara coming back made up for it.

Great as a feel good show and I enjoyed learning about fishing, but it was kind of boring sometimes. Tapioca is still the best.

P.S. If anybody ever wanted to know what NGE would be like as a feel good fishing anime, it'd be Tsuritama.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 30, 2016 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful ending. HARU CAME BACK❤️ I'm a little sad that Akira and Natsuki both left Enoshima, I wanted to see Akira interact more with the rest of them in everyday situations. But the ending was fitting for the show and really brought out all the emotions ;0; I loved seeing Yuki and Natsuki's growth, and even Haru grew, learning from his interactions with human beings. This anime hit so many buttons for me-- the characters and their friendships, the emotions, the wacky plot and humour, the eye-popping colours... Loved this one from the very beginning 10/10
Oct 21, 2016 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
Why is Haru a transfer student if he went to that school the year before? o.O Anyways, decent ep, good series.
Nov 12, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
The "oh my god" part was so hilarious.
Tapioca wins my heart XD

I love this anime. So relaxing and refreshing

Haru is one of my face Irino Miyu characters. He did a great job as Haru XD
Mar 13, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2007
gonna miss this show
urara is criminally cute for a guy
i really enjoyed the enoshima dance
loved akira, haru and keito
loved how akira's commander was saying each time "yaamaada-!"
very refreshing
duck!
7/10 - good
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
This episode completes my 2017 Anime Watching Challenge...WOOT!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 11, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
This anime started out as a slice of life about fishing and the turned it into a sci-fi about aliens that needs to be fished. Nonetheless I was glued to the screen wondering what will happen next and what was Haru and Koko hiding, it turned out to be another alien they needed fished out to take back. It was a surprise also that Haru was not only an alien but a fish that can be a lure or bait, yeah that was surprising.

But the alien Urara didn't seem that bad in fact he seemed humble and a bit gay. I don't why they came back ( at school) especially Urara, since he caused that chaos. As for Haru coming back it will never be the same without Akira and Natsuki, so he should have never bothered.

Anyway I enjoyed it, so 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 13, 2018 4:17 PM
Sep 2015
This ending doesn't make any sense. Everyone has their tastes but this is seriously far from a masterpiece.

Why didn't Urara return to his planet? Why did he decide to go on school after doing all that mess in the ocean? Why did he manipulate people in the first place if he's not evil? Was someone else controlling him?

I like the OP song. I didn't really enjoyed the series, but the way anxiety and social anxiety was presented was very accurate.
I rate 7/10, it should have been shorter
Sep 29, 2018 7:44 AM

May 2013
JOELbedulla said:

Why didn't Urara return to his planet? Why did he decide to go on school after doing all that mess in the ocean? Why did he manipulate people in the first place if he's not evil? Was someone else controlling him?
Why does it matter? he went back to his planet with Haru for 6 months. Haru probably told him "it's fun to just live a quiet life on earth" and convinced him to come back with him. He's quiet and shy as a human for the gap moe.

Strange ending because it split everyone up like that - I expected Akira to quit Duck, since he liked fishing, and maybe him and Natsuki would become partners on a fishing boat or something. At least Yuki got his boyfriend back and a cute sidepiece.

Sad they didn't do anymore with this, would have taken a nice non plot oriented ONA or OVA spin off. Oh well. Had a good time. Very cute and sweet show. People talk a lot about the representation of anxiety, which is fair enough - did anyone else get vibes from some of the early ep's about Haru not understanding Yuki as a kind of metaphor for autism or something like that?
Nov 3, 2018 9:43 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Awwwwwww, that was so cute. So glad that Haru came back.
That fish turning out to be a cute boy caught me off guard.
Feb 22, 2019 5:15 PM

Dec 2015
Started as a relaxing slice of life experience then turned into a messy garbage
Mar 4, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2016
Urara in his fish form was smaller than expected xD

Regarding the finale, well, definitely one of the sweetest conclusions for a single cour show I've seen in a while. It was so heartwarming that I almost teared up and the post credits scene made it even more wholesome.

Overall it was also pretty good. Quirky cast, relaxing slice of slife segments and friendship theme with proper development. Even the fishing aspect was somehow utilized to the fullest haha. Yep, I'm satisfied.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2019 4:10 AM

Oct 2017
That final episode was great, man i started feeling with all this characters, and im sure going to miss them.

And that final scene, umm..................

No homo, okay...? LMAO
Apr 9, 2019 2:56 AM

Dec 2013
What an intense episode. Overall, I really like this anime. I'm glad Misaki and Ayumi got married and Natsuki followed his dreams. I like the part when Haru bid farewell to Keito. And Yuki had changed his personality. Urara is the first transfer student, how about the second one? Koko is safe! Whew!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 25, 2019 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
This is such a wholesome, uplifting and inspirational series for me. Somehow I enjoyed it more on a rewatch than the first time around. It's colorful, has great music and has many likable characters! The story is a bit of an odd combination of things but it worked for the type of light series it is.

Now I want to go fishing!!

8/10
Feb 14, 2020 4:10 AM

Feb 2019
That was a million watt smile at the end by haru.
Aug 22, 2020 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
this series took me about a year to finish. the first few episodes for me were really stagnant and hard to get into if you are inpatient like me. but then i binged it in two days from episode 3 to the end. the story is overall fun, chill, cute, at times cheesy, and full of smiles. i thoroughly enjoyed the ending. this is just one of those series that you can just rewatch forever and ever and enjoy it.

the op is fun and catchy i love it. the art is so stunning i wish more animes had this type of art style~

the ending was super funny in my opinion with urara! :3 i plan on rewatching this again.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Sep 20, 2020 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
Nitpicking: in this episode, the sofas in the Duck HQ were red, but they were white in ep. 3

That "oh my god" xD

What's with the fish falling in slow motion?

I still wonder why was "Duck" designed the way it was...with curry and all this Hindustani aesthetic. This, and the "sci-fi" elements of the show remained somewhat unexplained, but I guess that's fine because it was never the point.

Funny detail: Haru's had had a planet image on it, emphasizing his alien origin.

That was a rarely happy "sayonara". Well, Haru (and presumably Coco) returned anyway, alongside with Urara. So going back wasn't necessary for them after all or what?

P.S. After rewatching the meeting scene in 1st episode I can say that Haru got attracted to Yuki because of his red car and red hair; and there was another hint at his fish nature (a fish appeared in his eyes)

P.P.S. Yuki's character page says Keito's French. Huh.
St0rmbladeSep 20, 2020 4:17 PM
Oct 25, 2020 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
This was a very good show there no mistake about that...but I had a few minor nitpicks tho that brought the series down a bit for me.

Now this show had me completely sold over when it was focusing on Yuki and was just calm and chill fishing and character development in it's first half, but in it second half when it started focusing on the alien in the sea and got more supernatural it lost me a bit. I guess I wanted something else from what the show was setting out to be, I don't fault the show for that.

Personally I'd give this a 7.5/10 instead of an 8 but I might just give it the 8. It was a unique show with some very likeable characters and it's what I'd consider a pretty underrated show (why haven't more people talked about this show?).

First half=8/10
Second half=7/10
Overall=7.5/10, probably rounded up to an 8.
VanishingKiraOct 25, 2020 11:51 PM
Mar 11, 2021 6:13 AM

May 2020
Well that was a good end to a decent series. Solid character development for a likable cast. I didn't love the story as much and it was a bit of a drag to watch all the episodes.

Overall, 6/10.
TitanInsaneMay 14, 2021 9:39 AM
Mar 18, 2021 2:12 AM

Apr 2020
Remember folks the best way to get over depression is to get an alien friend lol
I didn't expect to like this anime this much.
8/10 made me want to go fishing.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 10, 2021 1:39 PM

Oct 2016
What a great ending.

The world is saved.
Yuki reunites with Haru.
Urara starts going to school with them.
Natsuki grew his hair back.
Akira is still fishing.
Tapioca has a partner.
Ayumi and Misaki are married.

A great ending for everyone. I'm happy.
Apr 29, 2021 3:18 AM
Apr 2020
Wow.. That conlusion was pretty epic!

It really started as a pure SOL-Comedy anime with some fishing and stuffs, and it suddenly turned into a nearly chaotic stuffs. Also I really like how A-1 Pictures turned up the plot twist on a high level to the last 3 episodes. Didn't expect that I would enjoy this, considering that I have no interest at fishing at all. And they ended it really well. With that, I'll rate this 8/10. Definitely a good watch :)
Jun 14, 2021 2:27 PM
Apr 2020
I loved that ending! When Haru walked in to the classroom in the end credits, I legit smiled so hard :)
Aug 17, 2021 6:13 AM

Jun 2019
Well that was pretty fun
Dec 11, 2022 8:01 AM

Dec 2021
I'M SORRY WHAT. HUH?!??? IS THAT IT.
THIS IS SO FUNNY THEY EVEN GAVE TAPIOCA A LOVER LMAO I LOVE THIS!!
BumbleBeezDec 11, 2022 8:05 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuritama Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 19, 2012

123 by ghostking44 »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:10 AM

» Tsuritama is a perfect depiction of Dissociative Identity Disorder

txrxgxu - Jan 26, 2023

1 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 26, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Tsuritama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2012

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 27, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Tsuritama Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 3, 2012

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 24, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Tsuritama Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2012

99 by BumbleBeez »»
Dec 11, 2022 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.