3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
4.4%
1Hated it
2.5%
Average 4.5
1,101 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2012 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fuck, not another heartbreaking train scene.
My heart totally jumped when Kaoru grew up and got a lovely new hairstyle. <3

I loved and will continue to love the connection Sentaro and Kaoru have, conversing with their music rather than words.
In the end, it was an amazing ride of emotions and eargasms of an anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2008
Perfect ending.
Beautiful show.

It has been very simple but I think I can be generous about this and give it 8/10.

I love everyone's new hairstyles.
Jun 28, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2010
Makes sense that he got to be with kids, I suppose. :)Nice show, was definitely worth the watch.
Jun 28, 2012 9:58 AM

Feb 2012

I will miss watching this show every week.
I highly recommend the manga for anyone who is curious about what happened through that 8 year gap since the anime sadly skipped all that.
Jun 28, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2009
Episode felt a bit rushed, but was still really fun to watch.

It's been great to have a show of this caliber to enjoy for the past few months.
I hope to see something great like this again soon.
Jun 28, 2012 10:04 AM

Nov 2011

Ahh memories...

Well, this is the final episode and the kids graduated. Kaoru does hit a low point in this episode with Ritsuko but it seems that he feels quite guilty and is just trying to avoid thinking about the recent events.

8 years later...

Time sure flies fast. This final episode was so-so but still is moving and great to see some of the future of the other characters.

Anyways, this been a great series..and noitamina delivers yet once again. One of my favorite series this Spring Season and proud to say it :>
Jun 28, 2012 10:30 AM

Sep 2009
I really liked the ending a lot, but the only thing keeping it from a 10 for me was the lack of information/closure. Yes, they're all friends again and people are happy, but what's next? Do they all separate again? Try to live closer? Will Sentaro explain himself? Will Kaoru and Ritsuko finally be together?
Jun 28, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
The ending with the three of them standing together gave me the shivers <3

I'll miss this anime :/
Jun 28, 2012 10:31 AM

Jan 2010
Tears were shed.

So.
many.
tears.

BRILLIANT ENDING.
And Ritsuko's hair looks better 8 years later!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2012 10:34 AM

Feb 2012
That was such a watanabe ending.
Jun 28, 2012 10:39 AM
Jun 2012
Ugh... Loved the anime. But wished for some closure.

Does the manga cover anything past this point?
Jun 28, 2012 10:41 AM
Jan 2012
True friendship huh? Deep love huh?

Something must have been cut or this is just plain dumb. It makes no sense to jump eight years with seemingly no contact between the three of them. Kaoru just busts off to college even though he's supposed to love Ri-chan. Sentaro leaves without a word and then all of a sudden they get together and play and everything's jolly. I don't buy it. It's not emotional or heartwarming cause they embody a bunch of emotional sado-masochists where I'm sitting.

A big mess really, and if the manga makes more sense, a failure of an adaption.

Ri-chan is, however, very beautiful eight years later.
Jun 28, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 2010
Ok. Best ending so far of the season. Bitter, Sweet, Sour. All flavors are in this Anime. Some are saying it's the best Anime this series but I disagree. They could've make it better. But it's really good. I'll miss this show, haven't watch a show like this for a long time. Nice atmosphere and such. The musics and OSTs are just godlike. Umm yeah, couldn't say more. No complains EXCEPT, why the fuck this Ritsuko cut her hair? So short. Men's hair are long then they made Ri-chan's short?!

Overall, 8/10. A very good Anime :)
-MgZ_Jun 28, 2012 11:22 AM
Jun 28, 2012 10:48 AM
Apr 2011
They skipped Kaoru's college days.

They also didn't use Lullaby of Birdland since they skipped all of that stuff.
a6342164Jun 28, 2012 10:56 AM
Jun 28, 2012 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Damn, that was a perfect episode to send off this brilliant show!

The train scene between Ritsuko and Kaoru was incredibly poignant. The music in this episode was terrific yet again.

The final scene was a wonderful conclusion for all three characters. In the manga, it's shown a bit more explicitly that Kaoru and Ritsuko will finally be together due to Kaoru easing her worries by telling her that he'll never leave again. Sen also teases them about being the priest for their wedding one day. Despite the exclusion of these scenes, I thought the final emotions translated perfectly between the two mediums.

Overall, an excellent and beautiful anime that consistently moved me. I'm giving this an extremely well-earned 10/10 and it's certainly the best show of the year!
Jun 28, 2012 10:54 AM

Mar 2008
My heart....

10/10 although I do think this episode could have been better somehow.
Jun 28, 2012 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
I must say i was prepared for some bigger trolling so it wasn't too bad. In the end, i only didn't like how any kind of romance between Kaoru and Ritsuko went to fuck itself for the sake of FRIENSHIP POWER. But the rest played out pretty nicely so yeah, it was a good show.
A score of 7 from me.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
Terrific show! But it seems to me Watanabe just doesn't do closure. :) You'll always be left wanting more and saying 'what's next, dammit, tell me what happens next, you're killing me here!'
Jun 28, 2012 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
it was a fun ride, but the last episode felt like it was lacking in some way. :(

Jun 28, 2012 11:07 AM

May 2009
UWAAAA!!!!

KAWAI!!! =D

Amazing!
Time leap of 8 years.. damn yo...
LOL, but it was funny how there was a sudden school reunion. All in the same week. :))))

But I'm happy! I feel fluffy.. and so jazzed up! Amazing organ + drum. ahaha!!!
I love Kaoru's new hairstyle. =D it suits him so much better.

At the kiss scene, it started out really sweet. You felt the need in Kaoru, that he really needed Ri'ko to soothe his heart, but stupid guy always ends up half-raping her. Lol. That IDIOT.

Lelouch22 said:
In the manga, it's shown a bit more explicitly that Kaoru and Ritsuko will finally be together due to Kaoru easing her worries by telling her that he'll never leave again. Sen also teases them about being the priest for their wedding one day. Despite the exclusion of these scenes, I thought the final emotions translated perfectly between the two mediums.

Whaaaa.... awww.. that's cute! ^_^ But the way this show ended, it felt unnecessary. I mean, if you let your mind wander, you could guess at it. :) The open endedness was nice. I'm sad they had to miss out the college days due to the episode count. But I'll read the manga for that. You know, like behind the scenes. haha.
But the anime has done quite well. Watanabe really kept it concise. I haven't read the manga, but this adaptation felt strong. It was short, yet felt long. But it really makes you full. :)

Cheers to the top anime!! ^_^

Now, on to watch Tsuritama and finish that too.
KundaliniJun 28, 2012 10:09 PM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 28, 2012 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't have high expectations when I first started the show but I ended up absolutely loving it. But, very mixed feelings for the ending of it.
Jun 28, 2012 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
not so great like i thought it would be, everything is rushed.
richie and sen's friendship is also too much until the limit that it feels kinda gay. lucky it has really good musics, but overall.. just ok.
7/10 from me.subjectively, i don't think this show deserves to be in top50. honey clover has 10x better story, artwork, characters, and funny stuffs than this one.
Jun 28, 2012 11:18 AM

Oct 2011
8/10
I don't mind music in this series, even more I started to like it as part of series (still being that horrible jazz)
but Kaoru... after all he reminded why he was runner up to 2012 Shinji Ikari Award.
still he got better and part after time skip would be great, but lack of some closure in romance was something I didn't like.
Jun 28, 2012 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Almost perfect, just hoped for a better conclusion. Guess i'll go read the manga to see what happend during those 8 years.
Jun 28, 2012 11:31 AM

May 2012
I'd love to say this was an equally beautiful ending for this beautiful show but to be honest...
I feel like the episode up until the ending was a bit of a cop-out. I honestly disliked the way Kaoru broke up with Ritsuko... I feel like he could have been more of a man about it, instead of faking her out the way he did. It's hurtful to do something like that, and I don't know why he thought it could ever be a good idea to do that to someone like her. I do really like what he said to make up to her, though.
Besides that, I actually enjoyed the fact it took eight years for them to meet up again. The fact that, when it happened, they played the same song showed they never changed at heart, though with Kaoru playing jazz on the organ, it made it feel like the times have indeed changed. I'm not sure if that was the exact purpose, but since in the 70's a lot more popular music was played on the organ, that's the impression I got.

Started with that song, ended with that song. Haunting, beautiful.
Jun 28, 2012 11:37 AM
Feb 2012
gleedisgood said:
not so great like i thought it would be, everything is rushed.
richie and sen's friendship is also too much until the limit that it feels kinda gay. lucky it has really good musics, but overall.. just ok.
7/10 from me.subjectively, i don't think this show deserves to be in top50. honey clover has 10x better story, artwork, characters, and funny stuffs than this one.

Honey and Clover has Hagu as a character.
So everything you typed is invalid. Sorry.
Jun 28, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty good ending. It would have been nice to know what happened with Bon and Ri-chan though.
Jun 28, 2012 11:44 AM
Jun 2011
Last episode, and everything just changes. Really nice.
Jun 28, 2012 11:55 AM

Feb 2012
Damn you Sakamichi for being so good, glad that we got a happy ending although it took eight years.

Kaoru was a dick in front of Ritsuko, they dared to show Seiji after the time skip and which idiot decided to keep the ED?
Jun 28, 2012 12:01 PM

Nov 2011
Lol anyone else notice after the 8 year gap Shigetora works at the train station.
Anyways good final episode. I kind of figured they were going to do a timeskip but I didn't think it would have been 8 years!
Love the reunion between all of them at the end it was a nice heart-warming episode.
As for those complaining it was rushed what do you want them to do? It only had 12 episodes you can't expect them to fill all of that in-between stuff into the episodes. Otherwise it really would feel rushed.
Other then that it was a great ride all the way through!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 28, 2012 12:05 PM

Jun 2009
I died a little when I saw the '8 years later' text.
This last episode definitely lacked something, but nevertheless the anime was wonderful!

I'm going to miss this show really bad :(
Jun 28, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
I'm sad they skipped a lots of parts from the manga. For example my favorite part when

Also, I don't understand why the ed was necessary. They could use that time to explain things for those who haven't read the manga or to give the anime a better, full closure.

But even with this, I felt it was truly amazing and brilliant, the music was breathtaking and I'm sure I'll never forget how they played Moanin'. ^^

Jun 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2011
Well, looks like I better read the manga :)
Jun 28, 2012 12:42 PM
Apr 2010
Like others have said, this episode felt kind of lacking. But it was still good nonetheless. 8.5/10
Jun 28, 2012 12:43 PM

May 2012
Well, that was an acceptable ending for me although not that fully satisfaying. It only has 12 episodes so they do not have to put all the details in it so that is understandable.

I love the opening song played at the end and the part where they are running. Kaoru and Sen's hairstyles suits them. Overall, the anime is nicely done. One of the few animes that made me cry. I'm gonna miss this show.. :(

Jun 28, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2011
Felt like a romance between the two guys, nevertheless, it was a good watch. Really pulled the ending scene well, although the episodic ending theme wasn't really necessary. Would have preferred it if it was less vague.
Jun 28, 2012 12:53 PM

Jul 2010
The 8 year gap seemed like a way to rush the ending but it was a great last episode.
Jun 28, 2012 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
This anime is an easy 11/10. People are complaining mostly because how the ending didn't provide a closure,or that they didn't show alot of other scenes,well i have the same qualms with this show..but still..i loved it..simply brilliant..the music..sentaro..ritsuko..nishimi..although they should have shown junichi at the end..as they showed yurika..
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jun 28, 2012 1:06 PM
Jun 2012
I've felt the need to make an account and post here just for this anime ;)

Best series I've watched all year BY FAR. Watanabe truly delivered with this one yet again. The reminiscence of Cowboy Bebop's overall production quality and music was refreshing and nostalgic, to say the least.

@ everyone saying there is some kind of underlying gay romance, please just stop. Clearly, one would have to manipulate the messages in this series to get anything homosexual out of it.

Right after watching the final episode, I felt there was something missing. Although I haven't read the manga, I do not think knowing what happened during the 8 years would do anything for me. In my opinion, Watanabe's style truly compliments this series. Sakamichi is not one of those shows where the main characters are trying to reach some type of enormous, obvious goal. This is a slice of life. The bitter-sweet ending is a reality.

Personally, I disliked the outcome for the characters after Kaoru left on the train for Tokyo (in the anime). But then again, i need to remember the protagonists were coming out of high school. It is typical, especially in that day and age, for students to lose contact with many of their friends for an extended period of time, if not forever (especially if they went to college).

I can't give this anything less than a 10/10.
Jun 28, 2012 1:08 PM
Jun 2012
Sam1198777 said:
This anime is an easy 11/10. People are complaining mostly because how the ending didn't provide a closure,or that they didn't show alot of other scenes,well i have the same qualms with this show..but still..i loved it..simply brilliant..the music..sentaro..ritsuko..nishimi..although they should have shown junichi at the end..as they showed yurika..

IMO Junichi is pretty irrelevant, at least in the anime. I was sort of glad when he basically cropped out with Yurika. I don't really like the subplot with them, as it's more of a distraction from the conflicts between the main 3.
Jun 28, 2012 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
Hoped that Kaoru marry Ritsuko at the end but still. Really liked this showe. Just can't give it less than 10/10
Jun 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Dec 2006
I would have liked this to have at least one more episode for a better ending, but I can't complain after all, I love music and It had been a long time since a musical genre anime got me this captivated.

Wonderful anime for me, it made me feel a lot of emotion with its plot and of course the music. Sentarou and bon are so handsome after 8 years *-*.

I'll be really looking forward to read the last chapter of the manga because this certainly was rushed... they put a complete volume on 15 minutes BUT...still a 10/10 for me, without doubt.
Jun 28, 2012 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
anime and manga are different... so is the ending. I liked both, and they fit perfectly to their respective material... best show of the season. I dont know if there is anyone else capable of adapting this long manga into 12 episodes. Just Watanabe.
Bye Kids on the Slope.
Jun 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2009
This is Gayness !
But still 10/10
Kaoru should've run after Ritsuko not Sen.
I'd prefer those 2 got married then find Sen together.
Jun 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2011
I loved both the anime and the manga a lot but personally the anime felt a little rushed. The manga showed the 8 years when he was in college and also the drama that happened. I personally think they should of showed what happened in those 8 years. Oh well it was still an awesome anime :D

10/10
Jun 28, 2012 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
This show is just too awesome and all they could do is 12 episodes? I'm not impressed. Burn in hell with your "8 years later" ! Still, the show was great, the plot, characters, music...everything. In any case it was one of the top spring shows for sure.

Jun 28, 2012 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
I couldn't ask for a better ending.

9/10
Jun 28, 2012 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
PianoBlack said:
Sam1198777 said:

IMO Junichi is pretty irrelevant, at least in the anime. I was sort of glad when he basically cropped out with Yurika. I don't really like the subplot with them, as it's more of a distraction from the conflicts between the main 3.

well,he was kinda one of the sub-main characters,and then why show yurika then? i mean,i know she was part of the plot at that point..delivering the letter to ri-chan and telling nishimi..but still,just a glimpse of junichi wouldnt have hurt,they should've BURNED THE ROTTEN ENDING. why include that shit at the very end and waste time?:(
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Jun 28, 2012 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
What a nice ending.
I was expecting a depressed one but I'm so okay with this one.
Bros for life.
Jun 28, 2012 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
I have no words for this show...definitely best of its season.I loved EVERY episode...it was warm, touching, funny and made me smile like idiot.
Thats all i can say about it.Oh, and Sentaro is my favourite char from this show.

10/10
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2012

136 by lazypanda666 »»
Jan 27, 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.