Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2007 8:14 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, finally things are starting to get interesting. I wonder how long they'll keep up this pace until they decide its high time for more fillers. I think that's my biggest fear.

Well, I might as well enjoy what they are presenting. Totally love the Espada music. I feel it really captures their essence and fits them very well. And yeah, that was one long ass 11 seconds. Haha.
Sep 5, 2007 8:34 PM

Mar 2007
This sucks. >.>

I wouldn't be surprised if the rest would be pummled to the point where Inoue is forced to join Aizen's crew and we'd get another set of fillers... ; ;

I'll give 'em 2 more eps full of fighting left before going back to the fillers.....TOPS! ; ;
Sep 5, 2007 8:38 PM

Feb 2007
I don't want to flame but.. ug. Isn't fighting somewhat filler-y.. It's not like it requires great scriptwriting. I bet it's the exact same as all the other fighting :P
meh, this is why I don't watch bleach.

Don't kill me! I just wanted to see what people thought about it..
Sep 5, 2007 8:58 PM
Jul 2007
Boring episode.
Sep 5, 2007 9:03 PM

Aug 2007
What the... Half of this episode was just filled with recaps of what we saw last episode.

I love the fighting in bleach and wouldn't mind of they dragged on for several episodes per fight.

The Ichimaru Gin part at the end was most likely the best part of this episode. He seriously rules!

:edit: just flicked through the episode parts again and gave a rough tally of the times. Around 12 mins of actual new story took place while the rest was recaps/op/ed

Sep 5, 2007 9:42 PM

Feb 2007
/sigh this is why I hate characters like Inoue. She'll will eventually come to believe that here friends have absolutely no chance of living unless she (arguably the weakest link) does something. Honestly.....could she possibly get anymore worthless !!

This will soon turn into a "we must save here from the people she willingly gave herself up to".......and that scares me.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Sep 5, 2007 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
LESS TALKING MORE PUNCHING!! ...or slashing, what have you.
Sep 6, 2007 1:17 AM

Jun 2007
Kinda dissapointed. I was expecting more action and less talky. Also those were the longest 11 seconds I've ever seen.
Sep 6, 2007 1:27 AM

Oct 2006
mulderman said:
Also those were the longest 11 seconds I've ever seen.

Hah, true that. I liked the segment between Ichigo and Grimmjow, but the rest was rather dull. I wish they'd hurry up and show off Urahara's abilities.

Anyway, if they stick any more filler in after this string of fights and plot development, I'll be tempted to stop watching the series for good.
Sep 6, 2007 2:15 AM

Mar 2007
mulderman said:
those were the longest 11 seconds I've ever seen.
Sep 6, 2007 3:47 AM
Jun 2007
That was one of the best episode!!!
Really like it ^_^
Sep 6, 2007 4:16 AM
Aug 2007
I really think that we are going to have another rescue mission, if you saw the openig theme you clearly saw orihime in a some sort of prison cell...
Sep 6, 2007 4:51 AM

Aug 2007
mulderman said:
Also those were the longest 11 seconds I've ever seen.

QFT.

Seems like they're dragging the whole episode by showing lots of recaps. Hope this doesn't go back to Filler-land soon.

Parsalian27 said:
/sigh this is why I hate characters like Inoue. She'll will eventually come to believe that here friends have absolutely no chance of living unless she (arguably the weakest link) does something. Honestly.....could she possibly get anymore worthless !!

This will soon turn into a "we must save here from the people she willingly gave herself up to".......and that scares me.

I don't dislike Inoue, but we're about to enter an era of her making some not-so-great decisions. *sigh*

/off-topic/ The current Ed theme (Daidai / Bitter Orange by chatmonchy) really annoys me for some reason -- it sounds whiny. =_= I sat through it entirely only thrice. ^^
gothicpsycheSep 6, 2007 6:00 AM
Sep 6, 2007 5:16 AM

Aug 2007
I just want to say that Ichigo had on his hollow mask for way more than 11 seconds.

Signature Provided By: AK_Legend
Sep 6, 2007 5:58 AM

Jun 2007
the fight scenes were really lame :( i expected much more from this ep... and we even didnt get to see preview for next ep
Sep 6, 2007 6:46 AM

May 2007
SLOWWWWWW
Sep 6, 2007 6:52 AM

Jun 2007
ashura said:
... and we even didnt get to see preview for next ep

yeah,that sucks. I wont be surprised if there isn't any Bleach ep next week.
But i gotta say i liked the look on Grimmjow when he saw Hollow Ichigo. Cant wait for next episode :)
to the people who look up the stars and wish
to the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered
Sep 6, 2007 7:18 AM

Sep 2007
Next ep. comes september 12, I'm sure of it.
Sep 6, 2007 9:31 AM

Jun 2007
Yep I think there is a big chance we get fillers after the next 2 episodes....
Sep 6, 2007 9:48 AM

Aug 2007
Well i prefer the way they're putting the fillers to say that of naruto. Wouldn't want to go over a year without watching Bleach. Watching one every few weeks that has the story and skipping the others.

Sep 6, 2007 10:02 AM

Oct 2006
It's better than Naruto, but still pretty lame. I mean, seriously, like 2/3 of the show is crap filler, and even worse, they interject the characters from said filler into otherwise awesome battle scenes and such. I don't mind some filler between major story arcs, but Bleach is pretty ridiculous. All these long shounen series need to take a look at One Piece to see how filler should be done.
Sep 6, 2007 10:13 AM

May 2007
Krelian said:
All these long shounen series need to take a look at One Piece to see how filler should be done.

I totally agree with you. One Piece does fillers correctly, not to mention that they are actually pretty entertaining to watch. Bleach should take notes.
Sep 6, 2007 11:53 AM

Jun 2007
Krelian said:
It's better than Naruto, but still pretty lame. .

Only the anime, the Naruto manga is much better, and honestly, I think the Naruto manga is better than One Piece currently.
The cake is a lie
Sep 6, 2007 1:35 PM
Jul 2007
Fillers on the way. A lot of them. The show would catch up to the manga by Dec. without fillers at this rate.
Sep 6, 2007 4:15 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder if Aizawa needs Inoue's abilities or boobs..

And btw, during the training, Ichigo was wearing a mask many times, and never was seriously tired, like at the fight with Grimmjow.. Maybe he just overdid it, used for longer than 11 seconds, thats why? :|
Sep 6, 2007 4:31 PM

Mar 2007
I would have to agree Bleach started out strong and is quickly falling, I'm tempted to quit watching it and just read the manga

Dibs on Ishida!
Sep 6, 2007 4:31 PM

Jul 2006
presst_moded said:
I wonder if Aizawa needs Inoue's abilities or boobs..

And btw, during the training, Ichigo was wearing a mask many times, and never was seriously tired, like at the fight with Grimmjow.. Maybe he just overdid it, used for longer than 11 seconds, thats why? :|

I don't think he used his bankai so much when he was training....

But yea, this episode definitely didn't meet my expectations. I literally fast forwarded the first 6 minutes before there was anything new. God I hate fillers. I wish they would just take a break from the anime, wait until the manga is ahead, and then start again. It would be sooo much better >.< But I'm just bitching.........
Anyhoo, I was happy to finally see the fight between Grimjow and Ichigo, even if it lasted more like 4 minutes rather than 11 seconds...lol (if they'd just shut up and fight, it would have been quicker =P) And I was uber happy to see Ulquiorra at the end, cuz he fricken rocks ^_^ And Inoue sucks, I hope they torture her to death -_-
Sep 6, 2007 8:17 PM

Mar 2007
all im seeing is too much bitching... for the past 100 episodes ppl just keep bitching between the manga and the anime blablablbla STFU already, we all get it youre cool because you read the manga... If you got nothing productive to say just hold your toung. Start speaking about the damn episode already...

....personally, i dont really care i like it regardless. I didnt pay alot of money for my computer to flip through a black and white picture book.

Inoue finally becoming useful and luppi needs to die fast and rukia needs to use her bankai soon and 11 seconds seems a little like 5 minutes but in anime universe a 30 minute show can = 65 seconds ^_^ ...a pretty exciting 65 seconds @ that
RanivusSep 6, 2007 8:38 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 6, 2007 9:02 PM

Oct 2006
Meh, quit your bitching. =P The past 100 episodes sucked regardless of the manga. And they're obviously related since the anime is an adaptation of the manga.

Anyway, I'd love to see Rukia's bankai. And Urahara's as well. Those are two of the things I've been looking forward to the most ever since I saw Ichigo fight Byakuya in the Soul Society arc.
Sep 7, 2007 2:19 AM

Jul 2007
you've been looking forward to Urahara's bankai 'cause of Ichigo and Byakuya's fight?? something's wrong here...

good episode. couldn't been better.. =\ i think my expectations have climbed too high since i've heard of the end of fillers. hmpf.
Sep 7, 2007 3:21 AM

Oct 2006
candelina said:
you've been looking forward to Urahara's bankai 'cause of Ichigo and Byakuya's fight?? something's wrong here...

Not really. I didn't realize bankai was such an awesome thing until seeing Ichigo's and Byakuya's, and Urahara and Rukia are the two people whose bankais I'd like to see most.
Sep 7, 2007 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
I liked when the kiddy captain used his Bankai and the Arrancar just tossed him aside. Other than that the ep was a let down, I was really looking foward to seeing Urahara fight and he doesn't even arrive til the end.

Sep 7, 2007 5:47 AM

May 2007
Sep 9, 2007 7:01 PM
Sep 2007
i thoght the eps was good and i don''t care what u guys think also stop comparing the aples(the show) 2 oranges(the magma)
if u don't like the show then go read the mangma and stfu about the fillers fillers r a part of any anime so get over it also 11secs? wtf is the mater with u people do u rlly think thats its going 2 be 11secs of astcul viewing time? becuse if that was the case then the day would never end you can't rush great things they take time 2 build
theres 3 parts 2 a fight the prelude the climax and the end
we saw the prelude next ep will be the climax where all the action happens and i don't think any 1s said it but all shows r motvated by money so yes they will be drawn out 2 make more money
Sep 9, 2007 10:09 PM

Aug 2007
death1001 said:
i thoght the eps was good and i don''t care what u guys think also stop comparing the aples(the show) 2 oranges(the magma)
if u don't like the show then go read the mangma and stfu about the fillers fillers r a part of any anime so get over it also 11secs? wtf is the mater with u people do u rlly think thats its going 2 be 11secs of astcul viewing time? becuse if that was the case then the day would never end you can't rush great things they take time 2 build
theres 3 parts 2 a fight the prelude the climax and the end
we saw the prelude next ep will be the climax where all the action happens and i don't think any 1s said it but all shows r motvated by money so yes they will be drawn out 2 make more money

lol wut?

*carefully finds out the questions marks*

I don't remember fillers being a part of every anime i watched. I don't recall death note using them (although the manga was already complete when it started airing).

I assume you're reffering to mulderman i think he was merely implying an expression that you took too seriously? Unless i'm thinking of the wrong poster.

Things may take time to build but there is no reason to fill out half the episode with last weeks episode in terms of 'recaps' or some 'merry antic' that involves 'the gang' which finishes in one episode and has no effect on the plot whatsoever. Although i did find the Bounto arc quite good it was a nice change from the manga.

Actually i think i'll stick with...

lol wut?

Jul 14, 2009 2:38 PM

Mar 2009
I liked it but I don't like Inoues character so I hate how now they will have to piss about saving her it would be best if she died shes a useless character with weird powers healing and creating barriers are good but those little fairys are stupid.

Aug 28, 2009 3:18 PM
May 2009
My response is..: =DDD
Jan 24, 2010 9:42 AM

May 2009
I liked it
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Mar 25, 2010 4:48 PM

Oct 2008
Ulquiorra <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 31, 2010 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
Boring..
Sep 11, 2010 4:42 AM

May 2008
oh Shit orihime got protection from 2 guys that are weaker then her LOLOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 16, 2011 3:38 PM
Mar 2010
That was dragged out loads. Nice to see that the Inoue abduction is happening rather than us watching it every ep in the op...

Just thinking, cero is an arrancar thing, yet Urahara uses it?
Mar 4, 2012 9:01 PM

May 2011
Grimmjow vs Ichigo 2 was nice, even for "11" seconds lol.

LoL at Ulquiorra owning Orihime. He knows how to handle his women.

Lets go Urahara!
Jan 1, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2010
Yes Ulquiorra!
Jan 4, 2013 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
Kinda epic episode, it makes me wanna see more. I knew that Orihime is gonna get abducted, and I was sure the moment she got two guards.
Jan 11, 2013 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
Now Orihime's going to feel responsible, I'm sure.
Jun 10, 2013 9:05 PM

May 2013
justnlife23 said:
I just want to say that Ichigo had on his hollow mask for way more than 11 seconds.

lol, I already expected it to be portrayed that way. If they actually animated it to where Ichigo's mask was on for exactly 11 seconds, there wouldn't be much to animate anyways, and we would all be hella unsatisfied for not witnessing any epic-ness.

Anyways, I totally forgot about Ishida, had it not been for the recaps... LOL. Gomen, Ishida XD
Sep 26, 2013 11:26 AM

May 2012
Oh boy not Inoue! I do hope she'll be alright! Pretty nice episode, some great action and well it's sad Ichigo didn't managed to finish his move :/ I hope he's okey, either way lets see what's next!
Jul 4, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
what a situation orihime !
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.