Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Like, when you get older, im not going to watch anymore because its going to busy.
Ore, i going to watch less..
My deviantART :
Don't get cocky there !

Jun 26, 2012 12:35 PM

I guess it depends on your priorities. If you decide that anime is still interesting, lets say... 10 years from now, then yeah, you'll still be watching it. It's hard to predict what you'll be doing in the future.

Jun 26, 2012 12:37 PM

The older I get, the less I'm going to watch. That's just the way it's going to work with a full time job, etc. etc. I really do not think that I will ever stop watching it though. It's already been a pretty major part of my life, and it's hard to just drop something like that completely. I'll probably just continue taking breaks every now and then.

Jun 26, 2012 12:38 PM

Of course not! XD

Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

i barely started so not really, and since its summer i have even more spare time.

Jun 26, 2012 12:48 PM

I don't intend to but life ain't so predictable is it?

Jun 26, 2012 1:09 PM

NO.Of course i don't want...but well, that doesnt mean i will be able to.Who knows what happen in future.

Jun 26, 2012 1:15 PM

I'll stop watching it when I get bored of it.

Jun 26, 2012 1:16 PM

For me that's the equivalent of asking if you'll ever stop watching TV. No, but as I get older I'll watch less of it. Lately I've actually been watching more anime (ongoing, at least) but I do have my off times. As the years go on though I expect that my anime time will dwindle though, and I'm okay with that.

Jun 26, 2012 1:24 PM

missyzu said:
For me that's the equivalent of asking if you'll ever stop watching TV. No, but as I get older I'll watch less of it. Lately I've actually been watching more anime (ongoing, at least) but I do have my off times. As the years go on though I expect that my anime time will dwindle though, and I'm okay with that.
Pretty much this.

It's natural to watch anime less and less as you get older due to growing up ( Graduating from college, full-time job, maybe even start a family, etc ). But to stop watching anime? Not happening imo :P

Jun 26, 2012 1:32 PM

I won't stop, in my case, I don't even watch TV, I watch animes instead.

Of course I'll have a little less time as time goes but I'll probably never stop.

Jun 26, 2012 1:56 PM

i'm not thinking of stopping at the moment..

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!

Jun 26, 2012 2:00 PM
I think it's not matter of will, but a matter of time. After all, time change us (poetic?). 3 Years ago I was a game addicted, but now... well, I cannot remember the last time I have played a game on my computer. Same goes for anime, I enjoy them now, but what about the future? I may just wake up tomorrow and say: "Nah! They just ain't as good as they used to be."

Jun 26, 2012 2:01 PM

the thought of stop watching anime is like the thought of never masturbating ever again.
<center></center>

Jun 26, 2012 2:03 PM

I don't think I ever will. It's like with normal series. Don't know why would I stop entertaining myself.

Jun 26, 2012 2:12 PM

NNick said:
Of Course, Sometimes I Even Wonder - Why The Hell Am I Even Watching This ___?
I Started Watching Anime Back In February, Now I've Seen Like 6+ Shows, And I Don't Feel Like Watching Anime Anymore, Nothing Seem To Interest Me (My Personal Opinion Incoming)
Most Of The Time Mainstream Anime Is Dumb, Filled With Random Fanservice And Weak Plot And Boring Characters. Nothing's Unique. Hopefully Anime Matures With Time. No I don't Mean They Should Start Making Anime For 18+, But By That I mean, I want More Serious Plots And Stories.

The Way You Write Is Very Annoying

I don't think I'll ever completely stop watching.
However, I'll continue to take breaks every now and then.

Jun 26, 2012 2:18 PM

NNick said:
But By That I mean, I want More Serious Plots And Stories.

There's plenty, you're just not looking hard enough

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Rose of Versailles
Seirei no Moribito
Mushishi
Monster
Rainbow
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Serial Experiments Lain
Baccano!
Grave of the Fireflies
Princess Mononoke
Berserk
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and Stand Alone Complex TV Show)
Kaiji
Mononoke (different from Princess Mononoke)
Terra E
Bokurano
Black Lagoon
Kino's Journey
Ergo Proxy
Barefoot Gen
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Akira
Planetes
Paranoia Agent
Gankutsuou
Rurouni Kenshin
Darker than Black

And there's plenty more where that came from. Send me a message on my profile if you're interested.
Modified by deadleeserious, Jun 26, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 26, 2012 2:29 PM
I've Already Given Up On Searching, No Need To Suggest Me Anything.

Jun 26, 2012 2:34 PM

NNick said:

If you're too close minded to even bother looking at those suggestions (when many of them have much more depth and "serious" storytelling than your favourites) then why bother posting.

Either you are a troll or someone who gets off on bashing anime based on little knowledge of it, both of which are pretty pathetic.

Jun 26, 2012 2:39 PM

Sure it will happen - I already watch more than I used to
but than one day will come when we will have baby (not that we don't want now but better wait a bit), than I will sit with her: "Honey, this is what your dady was watching when he was young"
and than remains of my authority as parent will go away, not that I expect to have to much of those (and if some remain I may show her Twin Peaks, that was traumatic experience of my youth also... f*cking owls)

but that is one of smaller reasons I'm buying shows XD

Jun 26, 2012 2:40 PM
deadleeserious said:
NNick said:

If you're too close minded to even bother looking at those suggestions (when many of them have much more depth and "serious" storytelling than your favourites) then why bother posting.

Either you are a troll or someone who gets off on bashing anime based on little knowledge of it, both of which are pretty pathetic.

No, That's Called Having My Own Standards.
I Don't Say Those Shows Are Bad, I've Pretty Much Checked Out Most Of Them (I Haven't Listed Everything In My Dropped List).
I'm Not One Of Those Who'll Just Watch Anything Just Because.

Jun 26, 2012 2:42 PM

Care to tell me which ones you actually watched and why you didn't like them? After all, none of those shows suffer from the complaints you have about anime.

Because I smell BS if you thought Monster was below your standards.

Anyway I'm done with this thread, as fun as picking on your stupid arguments is fun, there's only so much trolling and/or ignorance I can be bothered with in in one day!
Modified by deadleeserious, Jun 26, 2012 2:48 PM

Jun 26, 2012 2:44 PM

Dalek-baka said:
Sure it will happen - I already watch more than I used to
but than one day will come when we will have baby (not that we don't want now but better wait a bit), than I will sit with her: "Honey, this is what your dady was watching when he was young"
and than remains of my authority as parent will go away, not that I expect to have to much of those (and if some remain I may show her Twin Peaks, that was traumatic experience of my youth also... f*cking owls)

but that is one of smaller reasons I'm buying shows XD

The owls are not what they seem....

Jun 26, 2012 2:45 PM

I probably will end up completely stop watching anime, but that's a long long time from now.

Jun 26, 2012 2:50 PM
deadleeserious said:
Care to tell me which ones you actually watched and why you didn't like them? After all, none of those shows suffer from the complaints you have about anime.

Because I smell BS if you thought Monster was below your standards.

Ok I'll Explain, Though I Do Not Hope You To Comprehend.

First Of All, The Art Style For That Show Was Too Old For My Taste.

I Did Not Like The Main Protagonist.

I Watched 5 Episodes, And Dropped It Because I Did Not Seem to Care About What's Going On In The Show.

I Was Not Emotionally Attached To Any Of The Character.

What Else You Need To Hear?
Do You Expect Me To Watch Even Though I Dislike What I see?
That's Called Close Minded Just Because I Have Different Preferences?

Now, Lets Change To The 2 Shows I Liked.

First Of All Death Note.

I Loved The Main Protagonist, No Homo, I Trully Supported What He Was Doing, And I Also Believe That This World Is, As Light Said , Rotting, And People Are Making It Rot.
I Felt Connection Between Him, His Ideals And Dreams And Me. I was Engaged In The Story Right After 5 Minutes.

Fate/Zero, I admit At First I was Thinking To Drop It, But After I Found What The Main Protagonist Was Fighting For, Things Changed.

Jun 26, 2012 2:50 PM
Top Aidoru ♪

I'll watch less, but I won't stop watching completely. Even if it's once a month or whatever, I might watch something in my leisure time every once in a while.

Jun 26, 2012 2:54 PM

NNick said:
Of Course, Sometimes I Even Wonder - Why The Hell Am I Even Watching This ___?
I Started Watching Anime Back In February, Now I've Seen Like 6+ Shows, And I Don't Feel Like Watching Anime Anymore, Nothing Seem To Interest Me (My Personal Opinion Incoming)
Most Of The Time Mainstream Anime Is Dumb, Filled With Random Fanservice And Weak Plot And Boring Characters. Nothing's Unique. Hopefully Anime Matures With Time. No I don't Mean They Should Start Making Anime For 18+, But By That I mean, I want More Serious Plots And Stories.
Seriously I've Been Looking For A Decent Show To Watch Countless Of Times, Nothing Seems To Beat Death Note, Fate Zero or Steins Gate.

Go watch Legend of The Galactic Heroes.

NNick said:

First Of All, The Art Style For That Show Was Too Old For My Taste.

Never mind.
Modified by FastnessofWheels, Jun 26, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 26, 2012 2:55 PM

Good thread, would read again.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh - Makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Jun 26, 2012 3:02 PM

deadleeserious said:

oh yes... most traumatic episode (plus having as a child cat who loved playing during the night)- funny now when I rewatch I'm unable to finish series and this is point where I stop (Giant and those "clues")

Jun 26, 2012 3:04 PM

Dalek-baka said:
deadleeserious said:

oh yes... most traumatic episode (plus having as a child cat who loved playing during the night)- funny now when I rewatch I'm unable to finish series and this is point where I stop (Giant and those "clues")

I have that quote on a tshirt...true TP geek here :P

I do have BOB nightmares at least once a month lol

Jun 26, 2012 3:05 PM

If I Like It, Then I Will Find Time For It. Simple. Everyone Has Spare Time, It Just Depends What They Feel Like Spending It On. =/

Jun 26, 2012 3:06 PM

At some point I expect myself to stop watching newer shows and just rewatch old shows.

Jun 26, 2012 3:21 PM

I don't think I'll ever just completely stop watching anime. I can imagine myself taking "hiatuses" and breaks from it in the future, with differing lengths of time, but since I've been such a huge fan of animation (anime included) my whole life, I can't think of any reason to quit watching it altogether.
I'm actually at a very busy time in my life right now (excluding moments like these for internet use and such) yet I am constantly finding time to fit in at least an episode a day. There's so much anime out there I have yet to see and I'm really looking forward to that -- so I know that there won't be any time in the near future where I'll stop.

Jun 26, 2012 3:40 PM

No I hope not

Would love to rewatch some of the current shows 10 years from now

Jun 26, 2012 4:03 PM

Well if I want to stop, I will. However, I am still in school and have many more years until I get a full-time job that takes up my time.

Jun 26, 2012 4:25 PM

wHY aRE sO mANY pEOPLE cAPATALIZING eVERY wORD lATELY?
Really. Why? I'm curious. Is it another new trend I am going to ignore?

And no, I'm not likely to stop watching anime.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Jun 26, 2012 4:42 PM

Once an otaku always an otaku.

Or at least in my case I'm pretty sure. It would take something pretty drastic to make me stop liking anime and I don't believe such an event is possible.

So... no.

Jun 26, 2012 4:52 PM

I can't see how that's a valid question unless someone is embarrassed about and hates the fact that they watch anime.

Otherwise what you mean is "Will you ever stop watching anime?" in which case the answer is "I don't know, I am not a fortune teller who can tell how tastes will change over time".

Jun 26, 2012 4:58 PM
Ghost in the API

Just look at my PTW list. I won't. Never. Ever.

Jun 26, 2012 4:59 PM

not really, at most i'll probably just watch less.

Jun 26, 2012 5:19 PM

I don't think I'd stop completely, maybe just watch less.

Jun 26, 2012 5:19 PM

I don't want to ever stop, but i i'l be bored of anime 5 yrs from now i hope not thought.

Jun 26, 2012 9:47 PM

maybe when i get older or get married XD

Jun 26, 2012 9:54 PM

No, but if it gets in the way of what is more important, than I would have to leave it for later.

Jun 26, 2012 10:02 PM

Never!

Spending "less" time on it and being a second priority would be inevitable in the future though.

That doesn't mean I won't enjoy it equally as much as I do now though. ^^

Jun 27, 2012 4:02 AM

I think I probably will stop soon.

I can't get into it anymore, for three years I used to watch several episodes a night every night but ever since the end of 2010 after watching a bunch of mediocre anime one after another it's been a struggle. Now I can go weeks without watching any.

Lately I just keep noticing all the old tired cliches and I'm outgrowing the sillyness of it. It doesnt help that I saw all my favourites right at the beginning so overall the quality of these shows keeps going downhill.

Another reason I don't watch it so much anymore is because its a lot more difficult and tedious to find the anime that I want with a video player thatll work on the PS3 and for it then to also be dubbed.

What I'll do now is give some of the anime in my PTW a watch, if I still feel the same way after them I'll stop watching new anime and stick with the current ones (One Piece/Naruto etc) until they finish off.
Modified by scabab, Jun 27, 2012 4:21 AM

Jun 27, 2012 4:34 AM

Nope

Jun 27, 2012 4:37 AM

Not stop but maybe watch less.

Jun 27, 2012 6:43 AM

I don't think I will ever stop. I did go through a phase some years back where I wasn't as avid about it, but I came back to it eventually. Really, this question is like asking "do you think you will ever stop watching movies?" I might not like the same *kind* 10 years from now, but I'll still like the medium. I certainly can't imagine quitting feature film anime. I've loved animation my entire life.

Jun 27, 2012 6:47 AM
I fully intend to watch every single translated anime I can get my hands on that even remotely interests me. If by then I have learnt Japanese, I intend on continuing.

So no, I have absolutely no interest in stopping anime, no intention of doing so and I will do my best to keep it that way.
Worships Asparagus.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »