Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2012 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sadly this is the last episode and from the manga they end at Vol 6. TT_TT I am sorry but this damn deserves tears for missing. Among the many animes out there this was the most military oriented and to certain extends realistic as ever.

About Liliane, I really did not like Koko doing what she did to her in the spoiler
Koko’s face was scary as ever. Moreover she was pretty Loco if you ask me there. Over adrenaline rush IMO. Worst was to see my dear Liliane in the following,

D: WTF that is a terrible wound on such a MOE girl. At least let’s hope Dominic took the right choice in thee end and they all live somehow with the restaurant idea. So in thee end those were some nasty parts of poor Liliane getting hit by Loco Koko going plain loco.

This final episode gave out some delicious fan service of Karen Low, now she is one heck of a mature woman shaped nicely. One way they start that is through a underwear show off in the spoiler
there is also the peculiar timing that Karen woke up most likely as Chen dies. But wow is Karen well built.

The second part is the obvious shower in the spoiler (NSFW)
obviously censored but below I have a proof that it shall be in fact not censored in the Bds put it this way. The real shitty part in all this is that I have to wait till the end of S2 Bds to really see anything of Koko, that sucks really. Koko in thee end will be the most worth it way I see it. Still Karen’s six or four only? Well her pack is DAMN WOW eye spinning. Well shaped let’s leave it at that. Still decent, clean and short fan service. PERFECT to say the least of it.

About WTF did Karen do so amazing? She did loads I would not expect from her but not at Sofia’s full strength. She was depleted pretty good. As Karen does learn in fact of her boss being dead in the spoiler
and most of all Sofia getting her revenge so we can all be happy for her comes the most WTF surprise but considering Karen’s state she pretty much berserk there.
One of that proof is the following,

That is like a insane in the brain cry out. Moreover she does shoot Sofia many times in the back in the spoiler
while Jonahs got protected and shot back neutralizing nicely Karen.
Still if Jonahs was zzzzzzzzzz during that time then Sofia would be dead at 100% even after killing Karen’s boss. So Sofia owns loads to Jonahs else she would be dead there.

About the aftermath, in the hospital first part in the spoiler
was plain lovely. You have Koko getting angry and Sofia makes marvelous faces there.

While the second part explains Karen escaping in the spoiler
it also gives some rather MOE Sofia trying to kiss Koko and what a ROFL that was.

About thee end of the episode, 3 elements of interest were shown to me in the list
  • First of all more Jonahs x Koko in the spoiler
    was very nice to see and shows how much Koko was worried over Jonahs. Much more than some other of her members. Her joy level there was much higher than last time I remember her with Jonahs, seems like she is starting to like Jonahs more and favor him a little too. While the hospital worries over Sofia’s exercises and I don’t blame them at all.

• Comes enter CIA 101? Guy in the spoiler
    seems to be the typical normal family man and under covers someone else working for the CIA. Well guy looks like he leads a double life to me for some intelligence division and I suspect he is a partner of Koko. Cool family and the looks of the guy are kind of cool nerdy/muscled.

• Finally for above, oh look what I see in the spoiler
    Holy shit! R? No way! He is cooperating with that guy and the setting is in France? I see Eiffel Tower.
Well certainly leaves out for MORE! I WANT MORE! Excuse can I order more? Nah, need to wait for S2 but at least there shall be one.

That being said my final score is 7/10->9/10. Not changing it at all. In fact I would up it but minor things here and there again that I shall not mention. Still strong near perfect is very good for this series of this caliber.

BTW A little proof of Karen’s not censored part from the manga (NSFW) link only but it does prove the BD shall have the details of her breasts.
Yumekichi11Jun 26, 2012 9:52 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 26, 2012 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Valmet being badass, I approve. Well, this is the conclusion of the first half so expecting more action and Jormungand with Koko and her alpha crew later this year.
Jun 26, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
Hakkaa Päälle!
kusushiJun 27, 2012 8:46 AM
Jun 26, 2012 9:33 PM
Oct 2010
willl rewatch later subbed. this was pretty awesome raw. a new spook in teh mix. things seem to go from awesom to epic when they are involved :p cant wait for second season and to rewatch this sbbed
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 26, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
An enjoyable first season of Jormungand. Can't wait see more loco Koko and her team!
Jun 26, 2012 11:57 PM

May 2011
Hoping the 2nd season is just as good
A huge amount of let downs this season as far as anime goes

I think I tried to pick a bit better crop of shows for summer but I doubt there won't be any let downs
Jun 27, 2012 12:20 AM

Sep 2011
Tzu said:
Hoping the 2nd season is just as good
A huge amount of let downs this season as far as anime goes

I think I tried to pick a bit better crop of shows for summer but I doubt there won't be any let downs

Eh, the Spring season was okay, but you're right there was a lot of let downs and some anime could of ended on a better note, but they decide to choose a horrible ending. Summer line up looks pretty good.

Nice episode with loads of action! Karen got away dam..Let down D:. Can't wait for season 2.
TyrelJun 27, 2012 10:49 PM
Jun 27, 2012 5:31 AM
Jun 2008
A very nice way to end a season, and a cliff hanger to make sure the audience to come back to watch.
Epic episode, I watch this 2 times >.<"

If i am not mistaken... Hiroshi actually done 3 VA in this particular episode lol
MorningGloryJun 27, 2012 6:11 AM
Jun 27, 2012 7:50 AM

Jul 2011
Surprisingly, I quite enjoyed this series. Hope the second season will be the same or even better. :D
Jun 27, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2012
Not much of an ending, the only thing that was wrapped up is Valvets story. On the other hand the fight was awesome. Valvets with her knives is just badass. Also, the guys at the ending cought my eye, the enemies of season 2 probably. Anyway, looking forward to next season.

Jun 27, 2012 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
R turning out to not be clear just made waiting for 2nd season harder. I wonder how things will unfold now.
Anyway, great episode, just what you'd expect of a Velmet centered one. I was afraid she might die when Karen appeared and started shooting at her back. I was sure she'd take more than just 2 bullets though, that's nothing for Valmet, she was excercising day after.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 27, 2012 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
Did i hear brasilian music?? thats... unexpected.
Jun 27, 2012 8:09 AM

Jul 2011
Okay, this series isn't super great or anything, but I liked it. Definitely will watch 2nd season. 8/10
OrangeHollow.png
Jun 27, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2009
To bad they cut the fight between Valmet and that Chinese guy. But still a good final for the season. Would be waiting for second one.
Jun 27, 2012 8:58 AM

Jan 2008
Nachtwandler_21 said:
To bad they cut the fight between Valmet and that Chinese guy. But still a good final for the season. Would be waiting for second one.

Well, they guy couldn't even stand up properly without help.....
Jun 27, 2012 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
6/10...

No real story. Just killing, weapons, and flashbacks. I hope the 2nd season is just a lil better in quality. Valmet was pretty nice in her rampage tho.
Jun 27, 2012 9:49 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was a terrific way to close out the first season! It also provided a pretty compelling cliffhanger leading into the next season.

Loved Valmet this arc, and Jonah and Koko were excellent as usual. Their characters, along with Lehm, are the primary reason Jormungand is so consistently good.

Overall, this anime has considerably exceeded my expectations and has left me quite excited for the second season. This is definitely the surprise of the year. A well-deserved 9/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Jun 2010
Damn, that was epic. The action! Valment ftw. Though Jonah was the real baws this episode. I thought Valmet was gonna die there... That freaking OST.. Too good. Can't wait for the next season! 7.5/10

Tyrel said:
Tzu said:

Eh, the Spring season was okay, but you're right there was a lot of let downs and some anime could of ended on a better note, but they decide to choose a horrible ending. Summer line up looks pretty good.

+1
Jun 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
I did not expect to love this show as much as I did. It was great, fast paced action and I enjoyed the variety of characters, allies and foes alike.... (and kickass females are always a pleasure!)

I really can't wait for s2... I want to see more of Koko's guys (and more about Lutz please? other than getting his butt shot and/or stabbed) and her brother and father....!

but but but R is a CIA spy..?! I also dread s2 T_T
Jun 27, 2012 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
Man what a cliffhanger ending. I really want to know what happens. I can hardly wait for the next season. Awesome show.
Jun 27, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
10/10 for me because i LOVE KOKO

lol real talk i give it around 8/10 kept me entertained. Usually in shows like this they only focus on one character. I'm glad we got a quick back story for all the characters. I'm glad all the characters had screen time.

Hoping for a season 2.
Jun 27, 2012 10:53 AM

Jan 2011
MorningGlory said:
A very nice way to end a season, and a cliff hanger to make sure the audience to come back to watch.
Epic episode, I watch this 2 times >.<"

If i am not mistaken... Hiroshi actually done 3 VA in this particular episode lol

I will come back to watch season 2 when it's out, cliffhanger or not :)
Jun 27, 2012 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
I KNEW it was going to end like that. S2 starts with R/Hex arc! Yey!
Jun 27, 2012 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
Well, not much to say about this one. It was a decent show, some good shoot out scenes here and there, decent character development for some of them, completely lacking for other.
6/10

Waiting for 2nd season.
Jun 27, 2012 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this show a lot not the best but good. And the OST is so kickass can't wait to buy it. Can't wait to see more of Koko and her loko crew.
Jun 27, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2010
It was a great series, Koko was freaken loco and she was great XD, i have a feeling also that season 2 will be even better then season 1, can't wait for it!
Jun 27, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2010
I understand theres already a season 2 coming.. But this episode was completely lazy.
Jun 27, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
9/10
can't wait for more action....! ^^
IZUMI64Jul 2, 2012 3:22 PM
Jun 27, 2012 1:07 PM

May 2010
kusushi said:
Hakkaa Päälle!
Jun 27, 2012 1:11 PM
Jan 2011
I wonder if R is a CIA mole, who is spying on Koko?
Jun 27, 2012 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
*sigh* Glad that everything went well in the end with Koko and group.
Lehm hitting that mask man with a chair didn't have any effect at all. The only one that took damage was the chair XD. And Liliane got heavily smashed by the door by Koko, who was apparently enjoying it. And she likes striking deals even with her assassins too. Valmet's battle was interesting too but I wonder how many bullets she took to protect Jonah and still be alive. Not to mention Karen with the same problem.
Anyway this "Bookman" person is meeting with R.? Can't wait for season 2!!!

Jun 27, 2012 1:50 PM
Nov 2011
Would have loved to have had Chen vs Valmet, but that end more then makes up for it.

Season 2 looks epic.
Jun 27, 2012 1:57 PM

Dec 2011
Hmm was kinda disappointed that they cut down and ended the fight scenes so suddenly, was hoping they'ed put up more of a fight. For me The way they finished off this first season is lacking abit =/

But! nevertheless Valmet is the epiphany of a badass assassin <333 When Karen was shooting her I was worried she was gona die >_< I woulda raged so badly.

Hopefully the next season will have more longed out action scenes and hardships for Koko's team since they practically owned everything that was shot at them Dx

Also Moar Screen Time for Jonah skills plssssss
Jun 27, 2012 2:18 PM

Nov 2009
One of the best season in years and Jormungand's a big reason why. Screenshots/impressions below:
http://randomc.net/2012/06/27/jormungand-12/
Jun 27, 2012 2:27 PM

Jan 2011
That is one lucky group of assassins. The odds were pretty small that they would ever get to open a restaurant when they took on the Koko contract. Fortunately they had information to trade, and they hadn't done serious damage to the team (those buttocks have been wounded repeatedly this season). I suspect Chen has a more refined plan for revenge than just killing Valmet while she was unconscious in the hospital bed, probably involving killing Koko's entire team in front of Valmet's eyes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 27, 2012 2:34 PM

Nov 2008
I figured this is where they would cut it with the 12th episode when I saw the first - surprisingly I wasn't disappointed with the adaption though I still prefer the manga (BD will give some fan service on Karen for those who want it) the next Arc needs* to be well done so I hope they manage to continue the good-decent adaption for the Next Arc with R its a telling one. 8/10
Jun 27, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Gotta love Koko <3
7/10
Jun 27, 2012 2:38 PM

May 2011
So the first half is over then.

Can't wait for the 2nd one.
Jun 27, 2012 3:00 PM

Apr 2011
The next season!!! R and Hex arc :DDDDDDD cant wait!! Shit gets serious :3
Jun 27, 2012 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
One of my FAV, i really liked it .... Can't wait for the next season!
Jormungand FTW!
Jun 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Apr 2009
rodac said:
I suspect Chen has a more refined plan for revenge than just killing Valmet while she was unconscious in the hospital bed.

Uhmm you must mean Karen Lo, Chen's already six feet under when they were in the hospital. Unless Chen's ghost turn up later and starts haunting the team, I guess that will be a kind of revenge too. LOL

I almost thought Ugo to be a goner, gomenasai. The old die, the young linger...oh wait, that's because Chen isn't protected by a goddamn forcefield anymore! LOL

Crapshot, R's a friggin' double agent. x_x

Koko's bodyguards are protected by plot armors fielded by HCLI, and despite of that I will still eagerly wait for the next season,
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 27, 2012 3:24 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome end to the first season. Man I really thought Valmet died. And same thing goes for the ching-chong bitch. Anyways one thing I was thinking about that little blond girl.

"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jun 27, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2010
Best season for me, so good, now i have to wait till Oct for more fup that will be a long wait, Valment and Koko part made 2 bullet wounds and working out haha
Jun 27, 2012 3:34 PM

Jan 2012
So I thought she was able to safely get away. Then I thought she died, but she was actually fine. This was a pretty awesome episode, I loved the music that played when Valmet was killing all of the henchmen.
Jun 27, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
Jormungand had a bad start, but the characters are so f*king awesome, i could easily attach to them and that's one of the reason i kept watching till the end. Koko is the best character of the anime, the kind that can carry any show. At least for me, this anime surpassed its self and the well known Fate Zero. Can´t wait for season 2.
huntxJun 27, 2012 3:56 PM
Jun 27, 2012 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
Jonah and Valmet were a awesome team this episode

I really like how they handled Jonah's character, he started off cold and disinterested and now he is a happy member of the Koko family.

Oh Jonah

Overall 10/10 kickass characters, entertaining arcs, and splendid music. Can't wait for part 2 in October.
[center]
Jun 27, 2012 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
Valmet is a beast, I hoped she would destroy them and she did!

But how could both Karen and Valmet survive? Karen fired more than two rounds and you can't tell me that someone like her missed from that distance and Karen got shot through her goddamn chest. Seriously, that's the only part that bothered me, the rest was great.
Jun 27, 2012 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
Great anime 8/10 love Valmet, Koko and Jonah though I want to know a little bit more about some of the other characters, hopefully next season!
Jun 27, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2009
"Hakkaa Päälle!"

Damn skippy! I really enjoyed liking the bad guys (they *were* arms dealers, after all) in this series. I look forward to seeing what is in store next season!

Cheers!
Jun 27, 2012 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
So last episode.
Well it was kind of fun but not as awesome as it initially seemed. I feel like the show is a little of a lost potential because it can do a lot better with the setup and characters but it ends up screwing a lot of important details and presentation. The fights where kind of bad too.
It could have been a great Black Lagoon antagonist but unfortunately the way the events unfolded in most episodes weren't as well presented.
One thing this anime has going for it is an awesome main, Coco is definitely the big card of this anime. The other need a little more characterization. Only Velmet since to have some decent characterization. Even Johan isn't that close to the viewer.
MonadJun 27, 2012 5:29 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jun 5, 2012

94 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 27, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.