Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 20, 2012 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Oreki scares me at how awesome he is at analyzing things. I try to beat him at solving the mysteries but he's just way too fast. Even though I guessed it was the cameraman as well, I couldn't come up with the flow of events... Gosh, he's a genius ✧

Side-note: I agree with what Irisu said to Oreki. People saying that they just got "lucky" are pretty annoying.

1) It makes people who actually worked hard feel bad and worthless. (Insensitivity)

2) People would actually look up to them more if they knew they were working hard for it and that they deserved the achievement and not just through luck.

3) False Humility. If that's what they think being humble is about, then they're wrong. So is their timing.

Anywho, rant over--
EllyseyAug 20, 2012 9:53 AM

[G]areki && [G]oggles && [G]uns are
[© Touya Mikanagi || respectful creators]

Sep 7, 2012 12:01 PM

Jan 2010
I love this episode a lot!!!Irisu Fuyumi is my favorite female character in this series now!

Ah, I didn't even remember about the rope! So, Houtarou's deduction was wrong??? How would he react to this?? Watashi... kininarimasu! XD *Off to watch next episode*
Sep 21, 2012 7:19 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing. Just amazing. I'm just wondering about the movie...

If I remember correctly, why only six keys? It's still kinda unreasonable that there's a seventh character plus, obviously they left the master key somewhere and they didn't lend it to the seventh character for his/her room as if he/she isn't really present in the scene or didn't mind him/her.

Sep 26, 2012 10:44 AM

Sep 2011
Oh damn that ending, pretty awesome!
Oct 10, 2012 5:17 AM

May 2012
Dafuq the rope oO? Let's see what next!
Oct 17, 2012 8:10 AM

Nov 2009
Quick question about this whole mystery that is supposed to be realistic... How did he get his entire arm cut off? In reality human bodies contain bones, and bones are NOT made out of butter, a butcher knife would NEVER be able to cut an arm off... Anyways looks like Oreki screwed up big time.
Oct 20, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
I forgot about the rope too! :O

Oh dear I hope Houtarou's deduction is not entirely wrong! That would made him lose his self-esteem..
Nov 3, 2012 5:33 PM

Dec 2011
The biggest mystery to me is.... who on earth is this "Eba" that keeps popping up at the end off the last few eps.
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Nov 8, 2012 1:38 AM

Jan 2012
i loved the idea of the cameraman being the seventh person, I must admit I didn't notice them looking at him during the film.....

But turns out that he is wrong? Wow.... one more episode to sort this out properly then?
Nov 9, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2011
And I thought it was too easy, guess it wasn't. The ending give me the creep, a little like those horror movie where something scary will happen soon
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2012 8:57 PM

Aug 2012
Two twists in one episode.
Nov 19, 2012 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
NOO MY PERFECT OREKI )):
Nov 19, 2012 5:21 AM

Jun 2012
randompadley said:
i loved the idea of the cameraman being the seventh person, I must admit I didn't notice them looking at him during the film.....

But turns out that he is wrong? Wow.... one more episode to sort this out properly then?

Yeah it was unexpected, but even so, I don't think that girl author ( can't remember her name ) did better work.
Nov 19, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect the cameraman, nice twist there.
I did, however, actually think of the rope after Oreki ended his deduction. I thought it was going to be a mistake of the anime itself. Guess not then :D
Pretty nice ending there. I actually think it's good to show that Oreki isn't perfect. It would just take away from the enjoyment when the character is unbeatable and doesn't make any mistakes at all.

Btw, I also don't think that he thought of the guy in the upper room. He would have seen the cameraman going to the office and all, wouldn't he?

I guess the next episode is going to about him thinking about the real trick, I guess he feels a bit 'remorse' for not giving them the real answer. They'll maybe also bring in the writer's best friend, I mean they mentioned her two times already with the "Why didn't she ask EBA?" message on screen.

Also, I hope that jealousy of Fukube won't become a problem later, I don't want to see them fighting or anything :/
RazielZeroNov 19, 2012 2:14 PM
Dec 20, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2010
The cameraman was unexpected but the rope puts that theory to dust. I hope this arc finishes off after the next episode.
Dec 26, 2012 4:11 PM
Mar 2009
It worked, but, what about the rope?

Maybe there was supposed to be a fight and the cameraman had to be tied up....

Anyhow, fun stiff.
Jan 12, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
andrewl923 said:
itsvero said:
Wait, I am so confused. What rope? How was Houtarou wrong?

The prop master said the writer told him to get a rope that someone can hang off on and would not break. Houtarou solution ignored this point that is why she questioned him about the rope.

OHHHHHHH
that makes a lot of sense now
good to know!
Jan 25, 2013 12:58 AM
Dec 2012
fullmoon101 said:
andrewl923 said:
itsvero said:

The prop master said the writer told him to get a rope that someone can hang off on and would not break. Houtarou solution ignored this point that is why she questioned him about the rope.

OHHHHHHH
that makes a lot of sense now
good to know!

Now I know....
Feb 28, 2013 10:38 PM
Aug 2012
damn, that was really good. im more impressed with the scrpt writer though. she probably understood that the acting and the cameraing would be interpretted as bad and that it would cover up her mystery perfectly. but now it seems that the mystery isnt solved?! oh man, and it all looked so perfect!
Apr 5, 2013 3:07 AM

Jan 2013
Really liked this episode.
4.6/5
Jun 16, 2013 9:07 PM

Feb 2012
Yup, something was missing! Knew it as well :p
Jun 17, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
6/5

The ending that makes you scream: Oh, jeez, the protagonist was wrong! It was the icing on the cake. A bet orchestrated the plot to the story, there were many interesting points and the protagonists were characterized further. Other topics of effect are sure to have been given space to the individual person and show the propylene thoughts unrelated to influences arising from the club. Technically fabulous, stupendous designs!
Jul 25, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
Great detective work from Oreki... but damn, there's something missing, a missing piece to this 'puzzle' :/
Really don't see where the rope comes into this murder case.
ONTO THE NEXT EPISODE!!
Aug 7, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2012
SilentTruth said:
andrewl923 said:
itsvero said:

Yeah, I thought so too. Even Oreki has got wrong valid this time.

So next time I think he's going to meet Haba there.

Well, unless Haba killed Hongou with the rope just so the movie would end in a way he wanted it to, but this is a slice of life/mystery anime so I doubt that's right of me to conclude that xD

Anyway I enjoyed that episode and I suspected there was a seventh character before it was revealed which made me proud - but I didn't know how the seventh character would've done it - which Houtarou explained... but now Houtarou's wrong so I feel dumb again xD
Aug 10, 2013 6:10 AM

May 2013
How is this anime so amazing? i just cant
Aug 16, 2013 7:45 PM

May 2013
By far the best mystery in the show so far.

bum BUM BUUUUUUUMMM!!! THE ROPE!
Aug 16, 2013 7:53 PM

May 2013
Is it just me or does everyone feel smart when they figure out a piece to the puzzle? I was getting some clues right around the beginning of the anime but I didn't get anything during this mystery :/
Aug 25, 2013 5:51 AM

Jul 2011
It's true that Houtarou's theory was wrong/incomplete, but at the same time; if we're to take for granted what those three "amateur detectives" said was absolutely correct, then we can't forget that Hongou really was looking for a 7th actor -- so perhaps the cameraman idea wasn't completely wrong :O
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Aug 26, 2013 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
I totally forgot about the rope.
Also, when would have the cameraman put the keys back without been noticed.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 25, 2013 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
Oh snap! Oreki messed up!

I ship Oreki X Irisu XD
Nov 9, 2013 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
ohhhhhh you fucked up now
Nov 14, 2013 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Ok so Irusu is deffffinitely Chitanda's rival now. I don't even care what you peeps say about 'no romance'. She got something to tell Oreki. >:3
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 25, 2013 6:50 AM

Jun 2012
Like it that the mystery's still not resolved correctly. On to the next episode.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 31, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
I really, really love this episode.
Oreki was really a special guy. He just did not want to believe that fact.
Dat twist in the end - I like it. Oreki forgot the rope thing.
Nobody's perfect. That's why I like Oreki for having flaws too. I'm tired of watching anime with "Mary Sue", or let's just say flawless characters.

Can't wait to watch the next episode!
Jan 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
A really really great episode! I totally forgot about the rope too~
Jan 10, 2014 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit! Mind blowing episode! Oreki's mistake.. I totally forgotten about that rope. At least that is only the preview he still has time to amend his mistake.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 14, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
Oreki doing solo to find out about the unfinished project, and finished with the seventh character of the cameraman being the culprit. Good eye contact on the whole film, until Mayaka got in his way about the "Rope" scene.

Damn that ending I thought he solve everything until he forgot something else...

Mar 18, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2012
lol they forgot da rope =P

well that's certaintly a twist

Mar 24, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
The fucking string! Damn, totally forgot about it. That's why Mayaka asked him if he thought about that theory the day before...

I wonder what Chitanda wanted to ask Houtarou, she seemed really serious.

That was again a clever deduction. I wouldn't have suspected the cameraman.

That senpai is so manipulative :P
She sure know how to make people eat in her hand.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
I guessed that there was a cameraman, when Mayaka said the angles were weird. Also, I think Satoshi should get some credit, a very important part of Oreki figuring it out was the notes that the characters looked at the camera sometimes and that the camera was in the lobby and didn't follow the characters around when they separated. I'm feeling a little sad for Mayaka and Satoshi, they work very hard and contribute to the success of the club but are rarely appreciated.
Jun 11, 2014 8:10 AM

Feb 2013
Why did the ending of this give me chills????

I'm embarrassed to even admit that....but that's what it did...

THE ROPE!!!!
Jun 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
Irisu is pretty cool hehe ;P Especially when she talked to Houtarou about his talent ... and his conversation with Satoshi was interesting too :P
I didn't expect the cameraman to be a seventh person and the killer! That certainly surprised me :O I'd completely forgotten about the rope to be honest ... so did Houtarou make a mistake? I wonder what Chitanda wanted to ask him as well ... looks like this arc isn't quite over yet :P
On a side note, I really like the title that he came up with lol XD
Aug 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
rope? aint nobody got time for that

"that's not really important"

it might be cool to know what the actual ending was supposed to be, but who cares

they got the movie done, people seemed to enjoy it, deal with it i guess

drunk chitanda looks like she hasnt completely recovered, im more interested in whats going on with her
Sep 23, 2014 11:50 PM
Sep 2014
MrOtakuSan instant reaction~~~!!!

Wow... this episode was MUCH better than the last few. This is the reason that I started watching this show! GREAT episode all around and GREAT ending/cliffhanger.

I absolutely loved the development of Houtarou, and his interaction with Irisu and Satoshi. Why couldn't we have scenes like this every episode? I also liked how they FINALLY established if Chitanda's "Kininarimasu" power over Houtarou is unique... no it isn't, so that kind of throws out Chitanda as having some special power or his soul mate. I am now starting to shy away from Houtarou x Chitanda.

Also, although I love Chitanda's cuteness, I'm starting to rethink this character, as this episode was a lot better without her playing a major role. The writers need to make her more interesting instead of relying on "So Kawaii!!!" and "Kininarimasu!!!!"
Dec 29, 2014 3:56 AM

Aug 2014
Besides the "rope plot twist", what really intrigued me was the focus on Satoshi's eyes after his conversation with Houtarou. The fact that it replayed really got me thinking.

This is just speculation. The story Irisu told Houtarou has a special significance. My guess is that Satoshi is like the one striving to be the best in athletics. He also mentioned that if Mayaka were to gain interest in Holmes, she'd be better than him on that subject in 3 months. He even said that he's "a man of no talents". So all those times when Houtarou said he was just lucky after solving a case, it hurt Satoshi in some way. That's probably why he said he was jealous.
Feb 22, 2015 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, I completely forgot about the rope, too!

I'm really enjoying this show a lot more now :3 It had a kind of slow start, but the characters are really growing on me (all 4 of the main characters!) and it's just a nice relaxing little SoL mystery show.

TranAran said:
Besides the "rope plot twist", what really intrigued me was the focus on Satoshi's eyes after his conversation with Houtarou. The fact that it replayed really got me thinking.

This is just speculation. The story Irisu told Houtarou has a special significance. My guess is that Satoshi is like the one striving to be the best in athletics. He also mentioned that if Mayaka were to gain interest in Holmes, she'd be better than him on that subject in 3 months. He even said that he's "a man of no talents". So all those times when Houtarou said he was just lucky after solving a case, it hurt Satoshi in some way. That's probably why he said he was jealous.

Yeah, that is quite interesting the way they focused on his eyes, they looked really dark and angry.
May 20, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
Uh oh Houtarou screwed up a bit.
Jun 7, 2015 9:15 AM
Jun 2015
Omg that "rope" thing screw everything's up
Jul 7, 2015 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
wow while they were working up a twist for the movie, they had a plot twist at the end of the episode, not going to lie that waaaas so unexpected to me.
Aug 30, 2015 11:05 PM
Jan 2015
I don't have a solid theory as Oreki , but if Hongou planning to add twist with the rope that can support one person ..How about possibility of trying suicide with rope ? but the victim fail because of something like no chair or difficult to hang himself ? and the fact that Victim die facing the window ? if someone try to murder him from door, victim's position should be facing the door

But as Oreki said too , it probably work on real life murder ..but this is ..harshly just a beginner movie..So,it's actually pretty hard to predict Hongou's perspective that we barely know
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.