Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
I wish he would have left the stupid mech battles and developed his characters more like he did in Eva.
May 17, 2019 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
Overall a fine episode, a fine Anime, nothing special.
Jul 10, 2019 7:10 AM
Apr 2018
Seriously, this is one of the most entertaining anime I've seen.
Nov 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
Ok, this episode was good 80s mecha shit. I see where Gurren Lagann got some inspiration from. But I wasn't expecting that form of attack. I'll just wait until Gunbuster development is complete.
I wonder what's coming up now. A mini closing arc?
lol at the preview in the end
Switch_ZNov 21, 2019 2:00 PM
Nov 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
St0rmblade said:
This episode looked like grand finale tbh. What's awaiting us in the next 2 episodes?
Also got finale vibes from this. The staff roll and the way they dealt with previewing next episode made me think if it was planned to be the last episode. It also took several months for the last 2 episodes to be released.
Jun 13, 2020 11:50 PM

Sep 2015
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH NORIKO FUCKING DID THAT

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Aug 29, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
Unless there's something I misunderstood, this is some rushed development right there... I mean, Noriko's character has always been about how she isn't strong (physically and mentally) enough to be there but also how she wants to fight against adversity, here we were discovering a quite interesting aspect of her character with her having ptsd and being terrified by the idea of dying in space... And all of a sudden she's the ultimate badass ? Come on, it just came out of nowhere, especially given that her relationship with Smith didn't have much impact due to them barely knowing each other.
Plus, Noriko said her old self had died... But I'm still not sure about who this "old self" was outside of her ability to cry all the time. There has to be more to a character you know. (And yes I know she's naive and all, but it isn't enough to provide her an actual personality.)

I don't want to criticize because it's a classic and people are gonna get mad at me, I definitely consider the fact that I might be in the wrong... But for now it's really how I see it.
Sep 29, 2020 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
The Exelion sure is vast and luxurious, a lot of echoes from Macross here.

And thus we see the titular robot in action, gotta appreciate how all of the detailing was drawn by hand.

And there it is, folded arm pose that has a legacy to even this day.

2023 rewatch in dub:
Much easier to receive all the technobabble by audio than by text lol.
Fortress_MaximusAug 20, 2023 2:16 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 30, 2020 10:29 AM

Jun 2016
The drama before the conflict kinda ruined this episode for me.

The battle was alright. Noriko's a bit crazy going for a potentially dangerous manoeuvre like that.

Makes me wonder tho, why does the pilot of Gunbuster have to be Noriko or Amano. It seems like anyone could pilot it, and there's sure to be more experienced pilots. Power of youth, I suppose.

Jan 29, 2021 1:48 AM

May 2020
Gunbuster finally coming out was awesome but everything else about this was lame.
May 16, 2021 5:37 AM

Jul 2011
Lol that preview.
So they didn't actually have a finished storyboard when they started the project.
Nov 29, 2021 5:03 PM
Dec 2018
Perquisitore said:
The Gunbuster is kind of ugly. xD

Don't get me wrong because I liked the episode but... what about the Gunbuster?

Is she able to pilot it because her training? Or it was fear what restrained her? She was scared but just because she isn't anymore she is able to ride this? Could someone else do the same if given the chance? Is the Gunbuster made even for newbies? Haha. I'm not going to put much thought on this but at the same time, why? Besides she being the main character.

Edit: The only thing I didn't like is the red-haired girl getting mad because? She wants coach d?

ifyou look at the control system, it's entirely different from all the the mechs we are show. A much more natural style. The other control scheme looks like rock 'em sock 'em robots by comparison.
Mar 26, 2022 12:53 AM

Feb 2021
Looks like this ova is more action focused rather than focusing on characters. It might just be the fact that it's late but my eyes started to shut through most of the fighting. Characters are decent but most development is limited to the main few
Aug 26, 2022 6:59 AM

Jun 2020
The cinematography of the show never ceases to amaze me. Her development was a bit sudden, and the way the story structured is pretty cliche (maybe not back then), but this was a fucking cool episode. So much hype when Gunbuster popped out, that shit is so fucking sick.

Aug 31, 2022 2:22 PM
May 2022
This was the most awesome episode so far. In the truest sense of the word. I was genuinely in awe at this episode. The anime could end here and I'd be just fine. Such a good OVA.
Jan 18, 2023 3:36 AM

Nov 2016
Loved this episode, Gunbuster is cool af.

I like Anime, Manga and Vidya.

Sep 27, 2023 12:47 PM

Mar 2022
God this episode was so awesome, Noriko went from grief stricken and getting scared of going out into space again because of Smith to ultimately kicking ass in the Gunbuster! The way it came out of the Exhilion with it's arms folded was so cool! Man Noriko just became a badass in the span of an episode just like that! God this anime is so good!
Dec 19, 2023 8:44 PM

Jun 2021
FINALLY, THE MOMENT, THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Top wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

naikou - Sep 29, 2008

69 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 18, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Top wo Nerae! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

naikou - Sep 28, 2008

78 by VioletOlya »»
Mar 3, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Top wo Nerae! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MK - Aug 10, 2008

192 by jal90 »»
Feb 4, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Top wo Nerae! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Aug 19, 2009

77 by Adriannitro »»
Dec 19, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Top wo Nerae! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

naikou - Sep 29, 2008

60 by Adriannitro »»
Dec 17, 2023 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.