Forum Settings
Forums

Author Reveals Manga Naruto is Approaching the Climax

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 19, 2013 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
I love Naruto and I decided to stick with the anime and avoid the manga to not spoil myself the story, but honestly since the war started there have been so many filler arcs that I don't remember the story anymore. Really sad.
Jul 29, 2013 12:22 AM
Dec 2011
Naruto was my first real foray into Anime, we'll i had watched Digimon as a kid but Naruto was the first series i started watching online, i still enjoy it to this day (however i'm on s9 of shippuden atm man that season sucks), Naruto is my favorite anime and it will be a sad day when it comes to an end

i'm not much of a shipper but i'm kinda hoping for Naruto/hinata, Sakura & Sasuke pairings
Jul 31, 2013 2:17 PM

Aug 2011
If the manga is good, why are everyone saying anime that is being made from that manga is bad? Yes, fillers are absolutely horrible, but when it follows main story line there's no reason not to watch it.

Probably the best solution would be to wait until it's over, then get a list which episodes are fillers from somewhere and skip them all. And it'll be most enjoyable.
Jul 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
This is the problem with popular shonen Anime, too long so they had to make shit up.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 31, 2013 2:26 PM

Nov 2010
GodlyKyon said:
This is the problem with popular shonen Anime, too long so they had to make shit up.
What?
Jul 31, 2013 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
Noitrus said:
If the manga is good, why are everyone saying anime that is being made from that manga is bad? Yes, fillers are absolutely horrible, but when it follows main story line there's no reason not to watch it.

Probably the best solution would be to wait until it's over, then get a list which episodes are fillers from somewhere and skip them all. And it'll be most enjoyable.

Exactly, I would say the anime is a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga, with only Pein vs Naruto fight did they mess up(weird choice of animation), everything else is same as manga or slightly extended fight scenes. And if you don't like fillers then don't watch them simple.
Aug 9, 2013 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
iron-arny said:
first bleach, then naruto...don´t tell me one piece is next ...

One Piece is still going strong, ESPECIALLY in Japan. It's becoming a bit more muddled, admittedly, due to the large amount of characters being used in the arcs, but other than that it's still the same quality it was. Beside, the post-timeskip is likely to go on longer than the pre-timeskip, which was loooooooong.
Aug 9, 2013 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Noitrus said:

Animation quality gets downright low sometimes and there is the filler hell. Here's an example; in October, they started a filler arc, called the "Chikara Force" filler arc, which lasted an entirety of 3 months (finished mid-January). Reason : they didn't want the 6th coffin to be revealed. We got 8 episodes (yes, episodes, not months) of canon before they returned to another 3 months of filler. Why? They didn't want to reveal the 6th coffin. Note: they already revealed it in the new opening which aired with just before the first filler. I skipped the fillers, but not everyone can have the patience to do that.
Aug 24, 2013 3:55 AM

Oct 2010
after pain's arc, Naruto manga was getting bored so I lost interest on it, even I know people who loved Naruto and now they got bored too, it's time to finish it, waiting for the day I'll celebrate and make a party.

Aug 24, 2013 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
Well, well, here we go again.

I recalled Kishimoto said something along the lines of "The manga is approaching the climax" somewhere around 2010, and now he threw the same thing again, with little to no guarantee whether he's really consistent or not. That being said, i find it nearly impossible for him to end this cash cow considering it's still pretty strong in Japan with massive tankoubon sales.

But really, the thing that hurts some eternal-running manga (OP, Naruto, Bleach, etc) is the fact that almost none of new manga is capable of taking their place. Nearly every new published manga in JUMP over these last 7 years or so were mostly mediocre, which usually ended up either being axed prematurely due to low receptions or still continuing with lukewarm reception but fail at capturing wider base of audience
Aug 24, 2013 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
Amiluhur said:
Well, well, here we go again.

I recalled Kishimoto said something along the lines of "The manga is approaching the climax" somewhere around 2010, and now he threw the same thing again, with little to no guarantee whether he's really consistent or not. That being said, i find it nearly impossible for him to end this cash cow considering it's still pretty strong in Japan with massive tankoubon sales.

But really, the thing that hurts some eternal-running manga (OP, Naruto, Bleach, etc) is the fact that almost none of new manga is capable of taking their place. Nearly every new published manga in JUMP over these last 7 years or so were mostly mediocre, which usually ended up either being axed prematurely due to low receptions or still continuing with lukewarm reception but fail at capturing wider base of audience

It's hard to claim a top spot when the concurrence is of such a calibre. WSJ is very fortunate to have these giant flagships, which reminds me a bit of the age when Toriyama, Togashi and Inoue were publishing at the same time.
Series like Nura, Toriko and a few others were reasonable popular and successful and newcomers like Souma or AssClass seem promising as well. The only real big mistake WSJ made was letting SnK go to Kodansha, but we don't know that would've run with a WSJ editor behind its back.
However, WSJ should try and give series a bit more time to develop. Cross Manage, Oumagadoki Doubutsuen and other titles could've easily transferred into other magazines and be continued there. Same goes for Nura (which was in his final arc anyway) or Mx0. Their current approach is making it hard to discover new breakthrough titles because new authors never actually get the chance to try out something big.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 27, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
RoseOfTheDawn said:
iron-arny said:
first bleach, then naruto...don´t tell me one piece is next ...

One Piece is still going strong, ESPECIALLY in Japan. It's becoming a bit more muddled, admittedly, due to the large amount of characters being used in the arcs, but other than that it's still the same quality it was. Beside, the post-timeskip is likely to go on longer than the pre-timeskip, which was loooooooong.

One Piece the Manga shouldn't be finished until around 2020-2023.

We've got a great ways folks.
Aug 28, 2013 12:18 AM
Feb 2013
I think it can only be good as long as it has an ending. I hope Naruto does everything good now and gets an ending worthy of it's name. If these series go on forever and never end, they're bound to run out of ideas and after reaching the peak, all that's left is downhill. So I think this can only be a good thing - Naruto has come a long way and I'm sure it won't be forgotten after it ends. Because that's probably what most people fear the most.
Aug 28, 2013 3:18 AM

Jun 2013
CordellXXX said:
Sooner it end the better.
Aug 28, 2013 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
In the end, don't forget than in Japan, the mangakas are considered more as employees (of the publishing company) than artists and it's not really up to them to decide when to end their work. (although of course, they can't really be forced to continue.)
Aug 28, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
Amiluhur said:
In the end, don't forget than in Japan, the mangakas are considered more as employees (of the publishing company) than artists and it's not really up to them to decide when to end their work. (although of course, they can't really be forced to continue.)

When it comes to such big hits like Naruto, I'm pretty sure that the author are given quite a bit of authority over their manga. Look at Bleach; it didn't get cancelled despite ranking in the bottom 5 continuously before it started climbing the rankings again.
Aug 28, 2013 9:42 AM
Feb 2012
"They can't be forced to continue."
You should ask Toriyama and Togashi about that.

It's fun how this news is over a year old and there's still no end in sight lol.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 28, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
It's fun how this news is over a year old and there's still no end in sight lol.
This is why I questioned the need to start a news thread on it in the first place. If you read the original announcement closely, the wording sounds more like marketing -- about how the manga is approaching some "climax" and thus it will get "more exiting". I don't really think this counts as much news to be honest. As a general intro of Naruto and its appeal, the Asahi article is fine enough, but that is not really "news" per se. And because it was never much of a news, it is little surprise that after over a year nothing has really happened - the manga is still going on just as usual.
symbvAug 28, 2013 10:14 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
GuiltyKing said:
"They can't be forced to continue."
You should ask Toriyama and Togashi about that.

I said " can't really" not simply "can't", mind you
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.