Forum Settings
Forums

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12! Final thoughts of a hardcore posters and fan.

New
Like it?
Jun 23, 2012 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
Truly my thoughts as the last episode flowed by are final as the many sections will show.

About the beginning, a very powerful start in multi facets starts. For a first the glorious depiction of Saber’s Noble Phantasm in the spoiler
showed very well the nice art of it and Saber’s own regret and tears of being forced to do something that she never wanted. It shows from a passerby view with a dog of the destructive force it has. Regrettable I think that person is dead who saw this.

To enchain in the spoiler
the destructive spilling in the form of blood makes even a bigger impact Consider Kiritsugu’s state of mind and facials. Among the many of those the most influential is when he is holding another body of a young kid, most likely dead. DAMN! That is raging TBH.

However the most that influenced me during the start is no doubt Illyasviel in the spoiler
those faces and scenes.
WOW! Really impressive of seeing her like that. I also assume this means she will be trapped in that castle again till the next War? Is that right? Hating on Kiritsugu perhaps? Does she even know of his doings at all? VN people? What is exactly that she is left and aware of the end of this war? Answers much appreciated.

About Kariya, OK well I was shocked he was still not dead TBH. I though he croaked out of life last episode but I guess not. I must be thankful for his memories of the following,

It felt honestly along with the spoiler
a positive taste till finding out the truth much later of the reality of this. In thee end I find it regrettable that REALITY SUCKS SHIT MAN! In the spoiler
in fact he dies really and with a bitter memory of Sakura left with the (insert insult) worms crawling all over around. I just wonder if I will live to see the Zouten being animated dying like a shit he is.
I really wonder.

About Kirei and Gilgamesh, I can’t say much TBH in the spoiler
other than Kirei had some nice faces there of insanity and ambitions along with Gilgamesh. His body ripped my eyes out for some time as a pain equal. Truly I would prefer to see the body of Rider than this person. At least it was way more admirable than Gilgamesh’s body itself. The part got much better of this segment of the episode in the spoiler
the glimpses and Kiritsugu and his saving of Shirou were in fact the most emotional IMO other than the Rin/Sakura combo along with Illyasviel.

About Waver, a very nice emotional part in the spoiler
I am glad he decides to stay a little with the old people. It makes the wife of the old guy much more happier. I also liked how Waver still keeps reminding himself of Rider with the shirt and all. The book and alcohol bottles were as well a good reminder.

About the funeral ceremony, I did TT_TT at the following,

Along with the spoiler
RIN’S MOTHER! ALIVE? Nice! Truly thankful of friends telling me of this and now knowing she really did survive. However I am not sure if I should be happy. She is crippled and mentally scared. I doubt there is anything to save her, less a illusionary magic spell to cast away her trauma would be performed on her. However it is quite IRONIC for a man that killed the person to make his last farewells to him while having no guilt of reading the Bible for him in the spoiler
DISGUSTING!
Now I want to watch Fate and UBW just to see this guy die personally again. Heck let’s do some GIFs of that too since I never did any. Man if only I had more time! Truly this is a mindfuck beyond me. 2 things catch my attention of this segment.

For one the extra Mindfuck in the spoiler
giving out the weapon you used to kill Rin’s father to the daughter Kirei? *thinks of “Little Shit head fuck that does this shit along with having no guilt in killing Rin’s father that %$@#$”* so you can think of it like that as I saw that scene. MASS RAGE! To leave it at that.

I did appreciate Rin’s faces in the spoiler
they really do suit her towards Kirei and would be much more terrifying with anger if Rin knew he killed her father. Well at least Sakura got her deserved reward of seeing the demise of her father after he offered her virginity to worms for them to eat it. WOW, still a big WTF from me in regards to that decision despite fully knowing the truth and nature of it.

About the Final part, there is no doubt other than Shirou/Kiritsugu end that Saber’s part in the spoiler
shows her failure, her sadness and ultimately the sad demise of Lancelot. Seeing Saber like that must have made her fans TT_TT a lot like that. Saber’s suffering was well shown and I was affected TBH. Truly with the depictions in that spoiler there is nothing more to say than “Too bad Saber! Better luck next War.” Despite the loads of shit that happened.

In conclusion, to me this last episode meant all in knowing the truth. Having faced multi variations of it through the many manners of each Master it is fully in acceptance that Waver is the one who most impressed me as a Master and in terms of Servants it was certainly not Saber as being Fresh but if anything it was Rider who freshened up things.

That being said it was nice of a insert of Shirou Emiya at that end apart from being already awesome in the PV of last episode.

So as it was said, this series with NO REGRET! TEARS OF MANHOOD! 10/10 Masterpiece! It truly deserves no other mention. I shall see this episode 3 times. Here is 1 of them. Might edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 23, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2009
a great ending.gr8 adaptation.now wish they do Heaven's Feel or something.this should be the only moment that in an anime i really liked Shirou :)) (although he is awesome in VN... he was ok in UBW movie but not awesome) the moment when he said leave it to me and Saber got lights of hope on her was priceless.9/10 from me.wish i had the time to express my feelings more but only 5-6 hours left to my exam so i have to get back to study
amirhossJun 23, 2012 4:36 PM
Jun 23, 2012 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
amirhoss said:
a great ending.gr8 adaptation.now wish they do Heaven's Feel or something.this should be the only moment that in an anime i really liked Shirou :)) (although he is awesome in VN... he was ok in UBW movie but not awesome) the moment when he said leave it to me and Saber got lights of hope on her was priceless.9/10 from me.wish i had the time to express my feelings more but only 5-6 hours left to my exam so i have to get back to study
You can come back here any time :P and also BDs should have your interest as they shall contain more info that was cut out from the TV version due to time constraints.

Jun 23, 2012 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
sure i am planning to review it when i am free from exams.make sure to read it :D yea i know i am waiting for s2 BD
amirhossJun 23, 2012 7:20 PM
Jun 24, 2012 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
well i couldn't wait any longer and wrote a review maybe i change it after my exams are over but feel free to read it here
Jun 25, 2012 8:07 AM

Oct 2010
amirhoss said:
well i couldn't wait any longer and wrote a review maybe i change it after my exams are over but feel free to read it here
Pretty cool, for a review.

Jun 29, 2012 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
amirhoss said:
Pretty cool, for a review.

ty :D glad you read it
Jan 14, 2013 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
I just finished the last episode yesterday. It was great, felt sorry for Rin's mom though. I give it 10/10.
Apr 2, 2013 7:13 AM
Jan 2013
Ufotable knows how to do their stuff adapting the light novels really after their work on Kara no Kyoukai
i was really happy with ending for 1 reason really, Kirei had practically won along iwth Gilgamesh (my 2 fav chars)
how ever it was rather anitclimatic considering the final fight between kirei and kiritsugu and then kiritsugu ordering saber to destroy the grail
it kinda killed the mood but was satisfying with it being in top 3 endings as number at the moment
cos it was well executed
all i can say
Good JOb Ufotable, a masterpiece cant wait for you next project (better be F/SN still hopin)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite character?

Gurenn - Dec 31, 2011

49 by Fukamin »»
Jun 11, 2020 10:02 AM

Poll: » Favorite F/Z Servant?

CriticalParasite - May 3, 2017

0 by CriticalParasite »»
May 3, 2017 2:30 PM

» GIFs and Avatars from episode 8

greedytoh - Nov 20, 2011

2 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
Apr 16, 2013 4:50 PM

Poll: » GIFs/Avatars from Fate Zero no credit OP

Yumekichi11 - Nov 22, 2011

1 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
Apr 16, 2013 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2012

2 by Yumekichi11 »»
Jun 17, 2012 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.