Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2013 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
Sucks for Kariya. Rin's mom didn't even die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
9.25/10
Aug 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
can anyone please explain the last two episodes. Please. I'm lost and don't understand anything. I never heard of Fate/stay night. I had no idea there was a game or light novel or visual novel, or this was a prequal to anything, or it was written after fate/stay night. Just please explain what the f was going on.
Banishment, this world!
Aug 9, 2013 12:35 AM

Mar 2013
10/10 for me, an awesome ride the whole way through
Aug 9, 2013 2:38 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Mobius_Trip said:
can anyone please explain the last two episodes. Please. I'm lost and don't understand anything. I never heard of Fate/stay night. I had no idea there was a game or light novel or visual novel, or this was a prequal to anything, or it was written after fate/stay night. Just please explain what the f was going on.

What is there to explain? Fate/stay night is the sequel to fate/zero but came first. However you should still be able. to understand it

Well to summarize,

I added some stuff from other series to help explain but it shouldnt be that hard to get

Yes he had to aim at the hole in the sky.The Grail never choose Kirei as the winner.Because Gilgamesh was able to survive the "mud bath" from the grail he attained an almost human body.Due to their connection Kirei was revived as well.That Kirei "had his wish granted" is a coincidence.
Aug 9, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Mobius_Trip said:

What is there to explain? Fate/stay night is the sequel to fate/zero but came first. However you should still be able. to understand it

Well to summarize,

I added some stuff from other series to help explain but it shouldnt be that hard to get

Not exactly complete or correct:

Aug 19, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
Was it really necessary for Archer to be stark naked?

Sad for Kiritsugu... =(

Great unexpected endings... <3

Definitely better than the first season...

9/10

Aug 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
Hiryu12 said:
Was it really necessary for Archer to be stark naked?

Sad for Kiritsugu... =(

Great unexpected endings... <3

Definitely better than the first season...

9/10
Yes because his armor and clothes were made out of mana,and since now he is a human(sort of) he has to be careful how he spends it.Also he doesnt really care.He doesnt care at all.
Aug 23, 2013 12:25 AM
Jul 2011
i can just imagine maniacal laughter in the background during those kirei close ups at the funeral
Aug 24, 2013 11:45 PM

May 2013
masterpiece 10/10
Aug 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
That ending just felt kind of...nyeeeh?

I sort of understand why, with it being a prequel. But it just felt rather...awkward. Like the conclusion was meandering and all over the place. Not definitive enough, I guess.

Still, liked the rest of it. Episode 11 seemed like the high point to me.

8/10
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 11, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Watching this anime has been a peculiar experience. I like the premise (servants, master, heroes from history/legend, holy grail war, etc), Saber, the art/animation, and few tunes here and there. But the execution of this show is poorly done imo. Several reasons are noted below, with some possible overlap between them.

1) The series tried too hard to make itself "mature" and "deep" by shoehorning lots of manipulative sadists, contrived shock value, and edgy scenes that all just came across as a gratuitous and a big turn off. Eg: Sakura and those bugs, Kariya strangling Aoi, Kirei strangling Iris, Zouten being a sadistic bastard to his own son, Kirei and Gilgamesh trolling Kariya, etc etc. All a compensation for a lack of worthwhile content.

2) Bizarre/anticlimactic plot progression and endings everywhere. This includes the main plot in addition to the subplots. What was the point of Kariya and his objective? Just to get trolled and die for no reason? Kiritsugu never achieved his goal. Saber didn't achieve her goal. Maiya, Kayneth, and Sola Ui all died like dogs. Assassin got no character depth or growth, or a Noble Phantasm, and was killed off early. Lancer got shat on by everyone (except Saber) and died. Rider got utterly wtfpwned by the overpowered Gilgamesh. Berserker hardly got screen time at all and his subplot with Saber seemed rushed and vaguely explained. Caster and his Ryuunosuke were just a couple insane murderers who contributed nothing substantive and worthwhile to the plot, unless you consider butchering kids a positive thing. Tokiomi hardly did anything beyond getting back-stabbed by Kirei. Kirei and Gilgamesh are basically just a couple of scheming douchebags who "won" in the end. That's pretty much it. What a pointless and extremely unsatisfying conclusion.

3) Unrelatable cast. Brooding, scheming old men with dead eyes and lifeless personalities, making them unrelatable and incomprehensible for the viewer. I'm talking mainly about Kirei, Tokiomi, and Kiritsugu. I liked Saber and Rider, though the latter's philosophy of kingship is troubling to me. Most everyone else was either just there or was one of many characters that were reprehensible.

4) Lack of fights. One would think that a show about a holy grail war would have plenty of epic battles. Oddly enough, there are very few. And even when fights do occur, they are brief and never seem to result in anything conducive to moving the plot forward. The only one I enjoyed was the short bout between Kirei and Kiritsugu near the end. Why couldn't there have been more fights as exciting as that one? All that good art and animation wasn't put to good use as it should have.

5) Slow pacing. This point is rather self explanatory. The first season especially suffered from this with almost nothing worth a damn happening each episode.

6) Tedious, straining dialogue spam. Do I even need to explain? Thankfully, there was a lot less of this in the second half of the show.

Overall, the entire anime accomplished nothing in the end. Unless you consider killing off and/or trolling cast members for no reason to be an accomplishment. Moreover, its attempt to be deep, insightful, and mature fails and instead comes across as pretentious, fraudulent, and ultimately vacuous.

IMO, can't give this anime anything more than a 5/10. It had good potential thanks to an interesting premise, some cool historical/mythical characters to work with, and nice art/animation to play around with. However, the anime bit off more than it could really chew and winded up feeling contrived along with that chaotic and unsatisfying ending.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 12, 2013 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
@Forgetfulness
You make me blush.XD

1.Besides of a war going on, what did you want them to do?Drink tea and end all conflicts with discussion?Why that some of the chars are either victims or sadistic bastards is supposed to be a bad thing?

2.As 1) Besides that this is a war,if you had payed attention to the first eps you would know that he wouldnt succeed anyway.Same for everyone else, since this is a wa,r how would everybody else except the "victor" achieve their goal?Assassin's Noble Phantam was that he could split in 80~ different bodies.Tokiomi as even stated by Gil is a boring char.Why did you even expect something from him?Rider got wtfpwned,EVERYBODY WOULD AGASINT a serious Gilgamesh, but reached his old goal.I dont see how having two chars that didnt care about the war as something negative.If anything it showed that the other teams were willing to team up,even if some did it for the bonus Command Seals,which is something good.
I dont see how it is bad that Gil and Kirei are douchebags that won.Are you saying that it is bad that the bad guys won?You are right only about Berserker and Saber since the anime left out the entire backstory.

3.While most of them are unrelatable for perfectly understandable reasons,I believe that only Waver is actually relatable,but all of them except Tokiomi,Zouken and Ryuunosuke are perfectly comprehensible.Rider's thought of kingship is troubling but you dont expect that every char or even one has to have the same beliefs as you right?You dont have to agree with them.

4.Plenty of fights for a series where everyone is scheming 24/7.In a war where every participant could have numerous abilities,fighting head on especially with every other enemy nearby doesnt sound as a smart move.Exactly what Saber and Kiritsugu said when Berserker showed up while the strongest Servants were there.And just to show how retarded and boring Tokiomi is,he could have ordered Gilgamesh, using his Command Seals, to slaughter them all,and yes Gil has the ability to do it,but no.Of course there is also the fact that Gil would be pissed and that Iri might have broken if almost every Heroic Spirit were to suddenly enter her at the same time....this sounds weird...

5.Nothing happened?I cant argue for something that you didnt see.

6.Obligatory "not enough fights" comment?

And this is why everyone and his dog recommend reading the Fate/Stay Night VN.FZ just shows what happened in the war that is only mentioned in fragments in FSN.IF you dont want or cant read it then ofc FZ will look like having a rushed and "incomprehensible" ending.

FZ novel synopsis:"Merely recited in fragments in Fate/Stay Night, this is the Fourth War of the Holy Grail 10 years ago. The truth which unfolded behind the battle between Shirō's foster father, Rin's father, and the younger Kotomine Kirei, is finally revealed...... "

It isnt supposed to be happy ,it isnt supposed to reach a climax,to reward characters or have a conclusive ending because it simply it isnt that.
ssjokgSep 20, 2013 9:54 AM
Sep 12, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2007
Exaccus said:

1) The series tried too hard to make itself "mature" and "deep" by shoehorning lots of manipulative sadists, contrived shock value, and edgy scenes that all just came across as a gratuitous and a big turn off. Eg: Sakura and those bugs, Kariya strangling Aoi, Kirei strangling Iris, Zouten being a sadistic bastard to his own son, Kirei and Gilgamesh trolling Kariya, etc etc. All a compensation for a lack of worthwhile content.

Seems like a complaint for sake of complaining as there's no real argumentation there.
So far you have yet to list any of the "contrived" "edgy" or "shoehorning" cases, as most of "examples" you provided had both explanations in the lore and fit the character personalities.

Also Do you expect inhumane magecraft-practitioners who live their lives in seclusion form normal world to pet ponies?

2) Bizarre/anticlimactic plot progression and endings everywhere. This includes the main plot in addition to the subplots. What was the point of Kariya and his objective? Just to get trolled and die for no reason? Kiritsugu never achieved his goal. Saber didn't achieve her goal. Maiya, Kayneth, and Sola Ui all died like dogs. Assassin got no character depth or growth, or a Noble Phantasm, and was killed off early. Lancer got shat on by everyone (except Saber) and died. Rider got utterly wtfpwned by the overpowered Gilgamesh. Berserker hardly got screen time at all and his subplot with Saber seemed rushed and vaguely explained. Caster and his Ryuunosuke were just a couple insane murderers who contributed nothing substantive and worthwhile to the plot, unless you consider butchering kids a positive thing. Tokiomi hardly did anything beyond getting back-stabbed by Kirei. Kirei and Gilgamesh are basically just a couple of scheming douchebags who "won" in the end. That's pretty much it. What a pointless and extremely unsatisfying conclusion.

First of all. "plot relevance" doe snot equal "happy outcome". Person failing to reach his goal is no different from person achieving his goal, narrative wise.

people fail at life, people fail to achieve the things they set out to do or the world shows them that some things are unachievable or were never there in the first place. That's reality.

3) Unrelatable cast. Brooding, scheming old men with dead eyes and lifeless personalities, making them unrelatable and incomprehensible for the viewer. I'm talking mainly about Kirei, Tokiomi, and Kiritsugu. I liked Saber and Rider, though the latter's philosophy of kingship is troubling to me. Most everyone else was either just there or was one of many characters that were reprehensible.

Mature and complex = unrelatable? Wait, what?

Still no arguments, nor actual justification for those statements. Kirei, Tokiomi and Kiritsugu are perfectly understandable and relatable, but not necessarily likeable, which is exactly how character cast should be. There are no goodie-two-shoes-people in the world.

4) Lack of fights. One would think that a show about a holy grail war would have plenty of epic battles. Oddly enough, there are very few. And even when fights do occur, they are brief and never seem to result in anything conducive to moving the plot forward. The only one I enjoyed was the short bout between Kirei and Kiritsugu near the end. Why couldn't there have been more fights as exciting as that one? All that good art and animation wasn't put to good use as it should have.

Considering war is always 90% strategy and only 10% actual battlefield, I see no problems with that.

This is not action show. This is not a shounen show. Why should there be fights for sake of fighting? All fights had reasons to be there.

5) Slow pacing. This point is rather self explanatory. The first season especially suffered from this with almost nothing worth a damn happening each episode.

God forbid the show takes its time to explain shit~

6) Tedious, straining dialogue spam. Do I even need to explain? Thankfully, there was a lot less of this in the second half of the show.

God forbid the show developes the characters~

Overall, the entire anime accomplished nothing in the end. Unless you consider killing off and/or trolling cast members for no reason to be an accomplishment.

Yes. I do consider that an acomplishment. And it is a plot progression.

Just because its not happy, does not mean nothing happened.

Moreover, its attempt to be deep, insightful, and mature fails and instead comes across as pretentious, fraudulent, and ultimately vacuous.

And yet again we go blabbering statements without argumentation. You might as well have written "mememmememe, meme, memee!" instead of that, because its worth just as much without anything to back it up.
Sep 20, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
This is without a doubt one of the best anime I've ever watched, I might even rewatch parts of Fate/Stay Night since most of the things make so much sense now, especially Fate/Stay Night's ending episodes.

This is going to be the second anime to ever get a 10/10 from me. The characters were all very powerful, especially Kiritsugu, Waver and Kirei. I wish we'd seen more of Matou Kariya - he was my second favourite master due to his motivations and circumstances but he honestly didn't do anything and he became a person who spells tragedy. Even the person who he tried to save, Sakura did not feel any pity for him towards the end, which was quite brutal. I loved how the final episode set up things perfectly for Fate/Stay Night.
Sep 22, 2013 7:01 AM

Dec 2012
Exaccus said:

I find a lot of your criticism to be problematic (like judging a show by the number of fights it has), but this is the part that bothers me the most. Are you trying to suggest that if a character fails at their goal or the bad guy succeeds that makes the plot progression bad? I hope I don't need to explain the problem with what you are saying here.
Sep 22, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
A great ending, and a great fate series. A 9/10 is my final score for this.

Wrap things up looks pretty great, characters and the plot were engaging, the action scenes were glorious, emotional impact, ufotable's unique animation, and the music is endearing.

I found that the dialogue in this was kind of dull and the pacing of it was off a bit. The plot twists, it was good, but seeing characters dying in every episode was a bit too much even though it was shocking and emotional.
omega_d94Oct 9, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 25, 2013 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Just... a great anime. I loved the ending, and how it ties into Fate/stay night (Shirou! :D). With amazing action, story, character development, and music, this series gets a 10/10 from me! :D

And I disagree with the post above, I thought that the dialogue in this series was very good and thought-provoking.
Also, I loved the Openings and the first season's Ending, just thought I should mention that, because why not.
Sep 26, 2013 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
Ksothatwasgood.

Loved the series playing with utilitarianism and other philosophical/moral concepts. Kirei is basically the devil by the end of this season, ha. He was probably over the moon that Rin's mother lived on in that state.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 26, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
HikariJake said:
Just... a great anime. I loved the ending, and how it ties into Fate/stay night (Shirou! :D). With amazing action, story, character development, and music, this series gets a 10/10 from me! :D

And I disagree with the post above, I thought that the dialogue in this series was very good and thought-provoking.
Also, I loved the Openings and the first season's Ending, just thought I should mention that, because why not.

Well tbh I like the Dialogue in this also, but I kind of lost track on what they are saying so I had to repeat the scene over again. Yeah and the opening and ending were also great.

Oct 9, 2013 1:13 AM

Apr 2013
Not the best episode, but the ending at least tied up all the loose ends, and sets up for the sequel (Fate/Stay Night, which I have not watched yet...).

I'll still give this anime as a whole 10/10, because it was glorious.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 9, 2013 1:15 AM

Aug 2009
migohunter said:
Not the best episode, but the ending at least tied up all the loose ends, and sets up for the sequel (Fate/Stay Night, which I have not watched yet...).

Dont watch the FSN anime.

The one responsible for the script forgot to add the "making sense" part.
You will just see things happen for a reason.In some cases there isnt even one.
Oct 9, 2013 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
migohunter said:

Yeah, I've heard from many sources to stay clear away from the anime so I won't watch it. Maybe I'll read the VN, just maybe.... Shirou is already looking like an annoying main character though.

Also I am a little curious as to how Kirei actually won the war and got his wish of destruction...?
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 9, 2013 1:32 AM

Aug 2009
migohunter said:
ssjokg said:
migohunter said:

Yeah, I've heard from many sources to stay clear away from the anime so I won't watch it. Maybe I'll read the VN, just maybe.... Shirou is already looking like an annoying main character though.

Also I am a little curious as to how Kirei actually won the war and got his wish of destruction...?

Shirou IS an annoying MC in the anime.By removing any and all reasons for his actions he becomes like this.Others like Kirei just end up as undeveloped chars but not Shirou.Shirou just ends up as bad.

He didnt exactly got his wish granted for being the last one standing(well he wasnt).The destruction that come from the mud just so happened to match his wish.And the outcome would be the same even if Kiritsugu had made his wish or if any other of the defeated Masters were the ones to reach the Grail.Well it is questionable if Kirei and Gil would be alive without the mud falling on them but then again we dont know if the mud would fall or not in any other situation.
Oct 9, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Ah I see, the destruction that the Grail caused just happily coincided with Kirei's wish. Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. :)
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 11, 2013 3:30 AM

Oct 2010
Exaccus said:
2) Bizarre/anticlimactic plot progression and endings everywhere

That's kinda only 1 of 2 real gripes that I have with the series.

eg. Tokiomi. He didn't really achieve anything, after he was stabbed I kept waiting for him to show up again being all badass. I think the only magic we saw him use was a little bit of fire. I didn't expect him to win, but I certainly expected more.

Same sorta deal with Kariya and Berserker. Don't get me wrong, I thought Kariya's story was fucking heart breaking, but he didn't actually do a whole lot. He and Berserker would show up every 3-4 eps for a little bit and then disappear.

I'd say my biggest letdown was the Rider vs Gilgamesh fight. I get that Gilgamesh is absolutely fucking hax (unfair and silly as it seems to me since really, anyone with him as their servant should easily win using the command seals) but Rider was definitely my favorite character and I wanted to see him in some epic 1v1 fight with King of Heroes himself. I knew he'd lose, but I wanted it to be utterly epic. Actually, now that I think about it, did Rider have any serious 1v1 fights the entire series?

Apart from that my only real other complaint would be the expectation of knowledge that the series seems to want people to have in order to understand certain things fully. I've learnt a whole lot more about certain characters/things just from reading a few wiki pages only concerning their involvement in Fate/Zero.

It really is a fucking brilliant series and I loved pretty much every minute. I even really loved the slower setup episodes from the first season.
Oct 11, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
When exactly was Toikiomi badass?Rin in her filler was badass,Zouken taking Kirei's Black Keys was badass.Waver standing up to Gilgamesh was badass.
What did Tokiomi did?Putting fire to the magical bugs of a both mentally and physically cripple man and talking about the Root and his daughters fighting in the future is nowhere near at the definition of badass.

I have to ask what did you except of him to do in his condition.It is a miracle that he survived the training and a even bigger one that he survived till after the end of the war.It is fortunate(or not that he was able to show up at the battlefields at all.

Gil destroying Rider's Reality Marble and Rider's last charge are epic.Even if Gil were to fight him without Gate of Babylon in the end he would won easily.
As for the command seals.Yeah the master would win the war(maybe) only to die at Gilgamesh's hands.Not a great plan.
Oct 11, 2013 4:14 AM

Oct 2010
I think you misunderstood a bit.

I'm not saying Tokiomi was badass, cos he definitely he wasn't. I'm saying I expected him too be, mainly because Emiya said something like he was the 3rd most dangerous person in the war. And since he hadn't done anything badass before he got stabbed I expected his moment to come later (eg. showing back up alive and doing something important)

I expected Kariya to have some sort of an impact. Otherwise what was the point in surviving that training?

They may be epic in design but in practice destroying the reality marble certainly didn't feel epic. Gil being able to win so easily is part of the problem I had, he's too powerful to be exciting. I'm saying that (at least imo) it would have been better if he wasn't so powerful and him and Rider had truly epic 1v1.

Couldn't they use 1 seal to command him to immediately kill all the other masters and servants as fast as possible then use a 2nd to command him to kill himself immediately upon completing the 1st command? They'd even have a seal left to spare.
Oct 11, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2009
SimmianPrime said:
I think you misunderstood a bit.

I'm not saying Tokiomi was badass, cos he definitely he wasn't. I'm saying I expected him too be, mainly because Emiya said something like he was the 3rd most dangerous person in the war. And since he hadn't done anything badass before he got stabbed I expected his moment to come later (eg. showing back up alive and doing something important)

I expected Kariya to have some sort of an impact. Otherwise what was the point in surviving that training?

They may be epic in design but in practice destroying the reality marble certainly didn't feel epic. Gil being able to win so easily is part of the problem I had, he's too powerful to be exciting. I'm saying that (at least imo) it would have been better if he wasn't so powerful and him and Rider had truly epic 1v1.

Couldn't they use 1 seal to command him to immediately kill all the other masters and servants as fast as possible then use a 2nd to command him to kill himself immediately upon completing the 1st command? They'd even have a seal left to spare.

Zouken is a lot more dangerous but for 2 out of 3 Fate/Stay Night scenarios he does absolutely nothing.
Kayneth who should have been the 2nd most dangerous didnt do anything except ruining the castle and his relationship with Sola(unintentionally) and Lancer(intentionally).

Tokiomi had power but he was a fool.He thought he had won simply because he summoned Gilgamesh,not seeing that he couldnt control him.I dont blame him for trusting Kirei since even Kirei's father couldnt see how twisted his son was but I do blame him for treating Gilgamesh as a simple copy of the hero.

There is a lot of impact.In how he affected Rin's life,Sakura's life and his own.
Here is a mistake a lot of viewers do.Just because he suffered a lot doesnt mean that he will be rewarded for it.
And if you think about it the only ones that earned something from the war were Waver,Ryunosuke ,Caster,Rider and Gilgamesh.And only Caster is close to what you would call a tragic past.

Cant do something about it.Gilgamesh is designed so that if he is serious there is no way for someone else to win.

Assuming that Tokiomi would do that during the battle at ep6,he would still need to find Caster.And that is assuming that none of the Masters and Servants wouldnt flee and this is a problem for Tokiomi since orders that last too long will be weakened and allow Gil to turn against him.
Also Gilgamesh isnt someone easy to control.Saber someone many times weaker than Gilgamesh needed two command spells in order to fire Excalibur with no resistance.
The only reason Gil obeyed the one command spell used on him was because it would be foolish to be weakened or be in pain just for a retreat when Gil himself doesnt really feel like fighting.Now using enough power and treasures,against his will to beat 4 powerful Servants and 5 magi is another story.
Oct 11, 2013 7:01 AM

Oct 2010
Oh yeah I totally forgot about Kayneth lol. Another character that I thought had the same sort of problem, he didn't really do much to affect the overall story. He's probably the worst offender.

I got that some of Kariya's actions had/will have massive implications for some people's lives and I actually think it was a good move to have him not really achieve any of his goals. Since (as you said) not everyone is rewarded for their actions. But he still had the problem of not doing much to effect the actual plot of this story. He didn't have to succeed in his goal but I felt that he should have done something to more to contribute to the story.

I get that Gilgamesh is OP and I think it's a mistake. Since the outcome of every fight against him is already known it takes away the possible tension.......plus I REALLY wanted to see Rider going full on toe to toe with someone.
Oct 11, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2009
SimmianPrime said:
Oh yeah I totally forgot about Kayneth lol. Another character that I thought had the same sort of problem, he didn't really do much to affect the overall story. He's probably the worst offender.

I got that some of Kariya's actions had/will have massive implications for some people's lives and I actually think it was a good move to have him not really achieve any of his goals. Since (as you said) not everyone is rewarded for their actions. But he still had the problem of not doing much to effect the actual plot of this story. He didn't have to succeed in his goal but I felt that he should have done something to more to contribute to the story.

I get that Gilgamesh is OP and I think it's a mistake. Since the outcome of every fight against him is already known it takes away the possible tension.......plus I REALLY wanted to see Rider going full on toe to toe with someone.

I believe that both Kayneth and Kariya did enough.They did as much as Waver did.You dont see it that way because he had Rider with him, while Kayneth had Lancer who the only thing he did was to make Saber incapable of using Excalibur and Kariya had Berseker whose impact was lost since for some unfathomable reason they decided to omit his backstory during the final eps.

Lol nope.The FSN fights against Gilgamesh had enough tension.And shock value
depending on how you see it...
Oct 18, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
well what an unhappy tragic ending he could just save a single boy :(
AqUar!An
Oct 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
ima off watching fate stay night now *ROAR*
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Oct 18, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
Urek said:

...well.... good luck...
Oct 18, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2009
Ozaren21 said:
ssjokg said:
Urek said:

...well.... good luck...

Am I the only one who thinks that F/SN isn't that terribly bad?
Maybe as a stand alone.As a sequel of FZ and an adaptation of the original it is horrible.
Oct 18, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Ending thoughts:
-So...how did Kirei survive again? He died, but the dark evil mud saved him, because he is evil? Nevermind, I don't actually care anymore.
-And thus, Shirou was "born"... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Nah, just kidding, I know he isn't supposed to be as terribly bad as he was in the F/SN anime.
-Rin's mom is alive? Oh well, I guess she "only" suffered brain damage due to lack of oxygen.
-Poor Kariya, wish he actually achieved something :/
-Waver T_T
-Poor Kiritsugu T_T
-I liked the connections to F/SN. Like the scenes with Shirou and Kiritsugu, and Saber seeing another "chance" (obviously the 5th war of F/SN and Shirou's "summoning")

Great ending overall.

This season was a lot better than the 1st one imo. It still had a lot of stupid/unexplained things here and there, and a certain character remained boring, utterly despisable and laughable for me, but at least most of the characters that I had problems with were somewhat better than in the 1st season. The fights were much better as well. Best character was without a doubt Alexander. He is simply great.
Still, it would need a lot more to reach a 9 (on my rating system at least) so I will give it an 8/10.
I might as well watch the new F/SN done by ufotable when it comes out, since hopefully they won't fuck everything up.
Oct 19, 2013 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
Ending thoughts:
-So...how did Kirei survive again? He died, but the dark evil mud saved him, because he is evil? Nevermind, I don't actually care anymore.
I love how you actually throw away the explanation given because of your hate for the character.
Oct 19, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:
Ending thoughts:
I love how you actually throw away the explanation given because of your hate for the character.

That would make sense, but no :D I really didn't get it. Perhaps my mind really was clouded by hate :D Or it could have been lack of background knowledge. I don't wanna rewatch the scene again, but it was something about the contract between Kirei and Gilgamesh iirc. Or did the "grail" give him another chance? Or that Angra Mainyu or whoever.
RazielZeroOct 19, 2013 4:55 AM
Oct 19, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:
Ending thoughts:

That would make sense, but no :D I really didn't get it. Perhaps my mind really was clouded by hate :D Or it could have been lack of background knowledge. I don't wanna rewatch the scene again, but it was something about the contract between Kirei and Gilgamesh iirc. Or did the "grail" give him another chance? Or that Angra Mainyu or whoever.
So since you did get an explanation other than Kirei being evil what is the problem?
Oct 19, 2013 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
So since you did get an explanation other than Kirei being evil what is the problem?

Because it doesn't make sense. Why would it choose him (if that was supposed to be the explanation)? Only because he was there at the right place at the right time? Or was it because that Angra Mainyu thing saw potential in him? Potential for him being able to bring about his birth to this world? I don't think it was explained that well.
I don't know it just seems like it was a poor plot device to make him be able to come back even after dying. I would have felt the same way even if it was any other character, like Alexander or Kiritsugu.
The explanation itself is what I don't like, not that he actually came back. It would have been fine if he just survived (for example he run away before Kiritsugu could shoot him or something like that).
RazielZeroOct 19, 2013 5:52 AM
Oct 19, 2013 5:55 AM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
ssjokg said:

Because it doesn't make sense. Why would it choose him (if that was supposed to be the explanation)? Only because he was there at the right place at the right time? Or was it because that Angra Mainyu thing saw potential in him? Potential for him being able to bring about his birth to this world? I don't think it was explained that well.
I don't know it just seems like it was a poor plot device to make him be able to come back even after dying. I would have felt the same way even if it was any other character, like Alexander or Kiritsugu.
The explanation itself is what I don't like, not that he actually came back. It would have been fine if he just survived (for example he run away before Kiritsugu could shoot him or something like that).
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:
Ending thoughts:

Please pay more attention to a series.
It was fact that he would survive,it wasnt just a "random poor plot device".And since you watched FSN first you would know that.Him surviving because his connection with Gil kept him alive as well isnt strange inside the premise of the show.
Oct 19, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
It was fact that he would survive,it wasnt just a "random poor plot device".And since you watched FSN first you would know that.Him surviving because his connection with Gil kept him alive as well isnt strange inside the premise of the show.

Of course I knew he was going to survive. That's why I said I have no problems with him surviving. It's still the WAY he survived that bugs me. Okay I know get that it was actually the contract between him and Gilgamesh. But still, the question remains in me. HOW? WHY?
All we know (from the anime, not any kind of other source "unknown to me") that Gilgamesh gained true incarnation, for some mysterious reason (the black mud spat him out). That's 1 unknown. Kirei survived and got revived because of his contract with Gilgamesh (who got true incarnation). Is their contract somehow special or could this have happened with any other pair as well? That's 2 unknown. Or actually, the 2nd unknown comes from the 1st unknown.
We didn't get any other explanation. Even Gilgamesh only said "Who can say?" and "It's the will of the gods".
The lacking explanation we got is why I call it a poor plot device. That's like saying "IDK, who cares, we need to be alive to be in F/SN".
And even if you were to explain it to me now with your background knowledge (by reading the manga/novel), the lack of explanation of the anime would remain.
RazielZeroOct 19, 2013 6:35 AM
Oct 19, 2013 10:01 PM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
ssjokg said:

Of course I knew he was going to survive. That's why I said I have no problems with him surviving. It's still the WAY he survived that bugs me. Okay I know get that it was actually the contract between him and Gilgamesh. But still, the question remains in me. HOW? WHY?
All we know (from the anime, not any kind of other source "unknown to me") that Gilgamesh gained true incarnation, for some mysterious reason (the black mud spat him out). That's 1 unknown. Kirei survived and got revived because of his contract with Gilgamesh (who got true incarnation). Is their contract somehow special or could this have happened with any other pair as well? That's 2 unknown. Or actually, the 2nd unknown comes from the 1st unknown.
We didn't get any other explanation. Even Gilgamesh only said "Who can say?" and "It's the will of the gods".
The lacking explanation we got is why I call it a poor plot device. That's like saying "IDK, who cares, we need to be alive to be in F/SN".
And even if you were to explain it to me now with your background knowledge (by reading the manga/novel), the lack of explanation of the anime would remain.

The reason was there from FSN.Gilgamesh said he touched the mud and that gave him a real body.The "why" is only in the FZ LN but it doesnt matter since it isnt a new plot device.
It has been said and shown in FZ that because of the contract of the Master and Servant there is connection between them allowing memories,mana and each other's condition being exchanged.When Gil was "revived" because of the mud so did Kirei.

Ozaren21 said:
ssjokg said:
Ozaren21 said:
ssjokg said:
Urek said:

...well.... good luck...

Am I the only one who thinks that F/SN isn't that terribly bad?
Maybe as a stand alone.As a sequel of FZ and an adaptation of the original it is horrible.

I watched F/SN first and I didn't even know Zero existed.... And compared to SN Zero is mind blowing, but i think they shouldn't be compared as SN is way older and Zero exist to explain its plot.

Point is that FSN anime doesnt follow the plot that FZ tries to explain.
Oct 25, 2013 3:15 PM

Jun 2012
Just finished this at last. Sad to say I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of shows I've watched. The level of cruelty was massively over the top (and it's made worse by the fact that I read up on Kirei's 'servant contracts' that involve children). Even in the end, this show gives almost no respite.

The show left a bitter taste that I won't soon miss. However, it was quite good. It made me think a lot, the animation was great, and I really enjoyed some of the characters.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. Very tempted to give it a 9, but most anime I've watched leave me wishing it wasn't over, sometimes for a very long time. I'm literally quite happy to be done with this show >_>. That alone warrants a point deduction for me.
Oct 25, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Nightwire said:
Just finished this at last. Sad to say I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of shows I've watched. The level of cruelty was massively over the top (and it's made worse by the fact that I read up on Kirei's 'servant contracts' that involve children). Even in the end, this show gives almost no respite.

The show left a bitter taste that I won't soon miss. However, it was quite good. It made me think a lot, the animation was great, and I really enjoyed some of the characters.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. Very tempted to give it a 9, but most anime I've watched leave me wishing it wasn't over, sometimes for a very long time. I'm literally quite happy to be done with this show >_>. That alone warrants a point deduction for me.

Not this shit again.
Especially with FMA in your favs...
Oct 29, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
Strong series for the most part. Animation and sound were excellent. I liked how they didn't just end with the end of the war and showed what the remaining masters did afterward.

I didn't know Sakura was already so set into where she was. That line she says before Kariya is eaten by the worms was very cold. Also I literally lol'd when Kirei gave Rin the Azoth sword. I knew this from Stay Night but it was funny to see it anyway. It was also surprising to see Rin's mom is still alive. I don't remember if she was mentioned in SN.

Kiritsugu still stayed true to his ideal of saving others, even at the cost of his family. I don't know if I could do the same. He's obviously been like that since a boy and in the end he realized that there is no way to save everyone. I kind of wonder why he doesn't try and give his opinion about becoming a hero when Shirou says he'll take over. He knows it can't be done so I wonder why he said he's relieved.

Most of the deaths coming at the later part of the story was fine (I was wondering what I'd think of this at the end of the first season). I'm sure there was a bit more to the Berserker/Saber fight especially but I guess I'll have to read the LN at some point.

Anyway I really enjoyed watching this. I think I liked the story of SN a little bit more.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 29, 2013 10:11 PM

Aug 2009
phantom19 said:
Strong series for the most part. Animation and sound were excellent. I liked how they didn't just end with the end of the war and showed what the remaining masters did afterward.

I didn't know Sakura was already so set into where she was. That line she says before Kariya is eaten by the worms was very cold. Also I literally lol'd when Kirei gave Rin the Azoth sword. I knew this from Stay Night but it was funny to see it anyway. It was also surprising to see Rin's mom is still alive. I don't remember if she was mentioned in SN.

Kiritsugu still stayed true to his ideal of saving others, even at the cost of his family. I don't know if I could do the same. He's obviously been like that since a boy and in the end he realized that there is no way to save everyone. I kind of wonder why he doesn't try and give his opinion about becoming a hero when Shirou says he'll take over. He knows it can't be done so I wonder why he said he's relieved.

Most of the deaths coming at the later part of the story was fine (I was wondering what I'd think of this at the end of the first season). I'm sure there was a bit more to the Berserker/Saber fight especially but I guess I'll have to read the LN at some point.

Anyway I really enjoyed watching this. I think I liked the story of SN a little bit more.

Sakura's words are directed to herself not to Kariya.THe anime fucked up there a little bit.
Aoi dies before the events of FSN.
Because Kiritsugu doesnt believe that Shirou has any chances of going through what he did.IF only he knew that the next war would be way earlier than he thought it would.
Berseker vs Saber lacked all the backstory they have and the ending of the fight is a bit confusing since they suddenly show her victorious.
Pages (27) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.