Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 25 26 [27]
Jun 26, 2022 12:37 AM

Jun 2017
Rewatched this. I didn't notice this before but Ufotable hasn't handled shadows well in this anime. I could hardly see what was happening in dark places. They improved significantly later in UBW and HF adaptations. I actually preferred studio Deen's art over this one!
Jul 15, 2022 11:34 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
DISGUSTING! Now I want to watch Fate and UBW just to see this guy die personally again. Heck let’s do some GIFs of that too since I never did any. Man if only I had more time! Truly this is a mindfuck beyond me. 2 things catch my attention of this segment.

For one the extra Mindfuck in the spoiler

giving out the weapon you used to kill Rin’s father to the daughter Kirei? *thinks of “Little Shit head fuck that does this shit along with having no guilt in killing Rin’s father that %$@#$”* so you can think of it like that as I saw that scene. MASS RAGE! To leave it at that.

While I wouldn’t of said this exactly, you definitely share my sentiment we’re going to see. Really for most of what you said actually, but especially this part. I cannot believe that Kirei could be so reprehensible of a fucking scumbag, asked to give Rin that night, knowing of course the connotations that it would happen. I mean thank God that she doesn’t know that Kirei killed her father, otherwise, I can only imagine how upset she would be if he gave her the knife with that knowledge.

I’m not sure if I was being naïve, but I expected a happier ending, I was kind of disappointed that crap went down so badly like this. but beautiful artwork, very profound concepts, and obviously with the whole Shiro cameo scene, like we briefly saw in Stay Night, it definitely sets up well for the next series. 8/10 for part two. 9/10 total.

And I share your sentiment in one other way, I hope to God that Kirei dies in the next series, and pays very dearly for all the reprehensible crap that he put everyone through!
Aug 12, 2022 1:06 PM

Jun 2020
MasterpieceMasterpieceMasterpiece
Sep 30, 2022 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Just finished my first rewatch and boy! I loved it even more than the first time!
I can't believe how good FZ is especially in comparison with the other Fate series that are not even in the same ballpark of Zero in my opinion. Characters, story and fights are amazing in this one.
Oct 19, 2022 11:06 AM

May 2020
this was a solid 9/10 though the ed was a bit confusing
well onto fate stay night ubw now

Nov 7, 2022 11:47 PM
Feb 2022
i picked up this series again after dropping it months ago, after entertaining my curiosity to see if it improves, i can say it met my expectations.

The best part is, i'm done with fate and i dont want to go back to it again. 4/10
Jan 6, 2023 1:56 PM
Nov 2022
it was a masterpiece
Jan 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Jan 2020
Yup, this series is still as good as I remembered it being. I noticed a few extra flaws, but none of them dampened my enjoyment very much if at all. Kiritsugu is a great protagonist whose journey and conclusion really resonated with me.

10/10 for season 2

9/10 overall
Feb 2, 2023 5:57 PM
Oct 2020
pepekek, glory en dat soort dingen
Feb 9, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 2021
I love Fate zero endding
Feb 22, 2023 12:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yes sir, they ended with the op: "to the beginning". Round of applause just for that.

So obviously Kiritsugu didn't succeed in destroying the grail for good, since it comes back into play later of course. But he was able to get rid of it without anyone making a wish- unless Gilgamesh was right and that the grail really did grant Kirei's wish of showing what was inside his soul: pure destruction. I actually don't know if he was being for real or if he was just poking fun at the whole situation. I also don't know what caused the grail to cause said destruction, maybe Kiritsugu did somewhat succeed in banishing it back into the shadow realm or whatever, and that before leaving it left a big "f*ck you" to Kiritsugu, who wanted to save the world, by instead killing many. But for the first time, instead of killing for the greater good, Kiritsugu saves someone, and tells himself that saving that boy has in a way, saved himself. And said boy of course is none other than our favourite protagonist of all time, Shirou. Yay. But honestly just from this, he is presented as to what seems will be a very interesting character, hearing Kiritsugu's dream, and wanting to carry it on himself.

Grail do be kind of funny though. I do like how it spits Gilgamesh back out fully nude, and apparently fully reincarnated. He states that the gods desire his return to the world, and that's mostly true probably, for the reason of needing him to wreak absolute havoc later on lol. 

Also I didn't know Rin's mom was still alive. I thought she got choked to death. Although part of her did die, she's mentally not all there. Poor her and Irisviel. Women in this show just can't avoid getting choked hard. 

Ok, re-watch done, and I liked it way more than I remember when I watched it 4 or 5 years ago as one of my first anime. Definitely far more riveting subject material here than in unlimited bladeworks, which as far as I can remember is quite shallow in terms of its narrative compared to this. Instead of just big flashy fights, the focus is the clash of morals and of ideals, and just that hits harder than any amount of sakuga. 

It's at LEAST an 8/10, a very high-ish 8/10. But you know what, just for playing "to the beginning" for the end credits, I think I'm going to have this join the elites as a low 9/10. This was beautiful. It was tragic for pretty much everybody but with a glimmer of hope that we see between Kiritsugu and Shirou. 

I'll probably re-watch unlimited bladeworks sometime soon as well, just to amuse myself with how much less weight it carries. Or maybe my memory fails me, and I'll be pleasantly surprised that it actually does carry some weight. Meanwhile, time to go look for a "fate zero ending explained" video.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 23, 2023 9:29 PM
May 2020
Really Good animation and fights love the history and stories
Apr 6, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2022
This anime is exponetial but fate/stay is extremely cringe and corny compared to this
Apr 8, 2023 9:50 PM
Feb 2021
Man fuck Kirei. Kinda weird that there wasn't a definitive winner, but it also makes sense. I wish Saber had gotten more development really, even though I'm sure she will in the next series. Damn what a goated show. Kiritsugu was such a good main character, but goddamn he suffered so much.
Jun 30, 2023 12:25 AM
Jul 2021

Great ending doh😵
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 29, 2023 12:58 PM
Jan 2022
The best, absolutely perfect...
Jul 30, 2023 3:17 AM
Jul 2023
I really enjoyed this ending. So much is up for interpretation or to be explained in its original forms, as a prequel should be.
- In my understanding, since Kiritsugu refused his wish and destroyed the lesser grail, the greater grail used Kerei's wish as a last resort and caused a lot of destruction.
- Kerei's character becomes so much more interesting with this, in the end he wanted.... Destruction?
- Naked Giglamesh my beloved
- I wonder why the goop of the grail spat them back out? Do they have something important to do with the will of the grail?
- Aw i completely forgot Kiritsugu's original role was the father of Shirou, happy to see him make a cameo
- Geez, Aoi survived? Well, shes not the same person but at least she wasn't killed, im sure Kariya would be happy to know that.
Aug 12, 2023 10:49 AM

Feb 2023
Brilliant. I'm new to anime. Tried watching a few series before this one and struggled to get into the genre. Fate Zero showed me why anime's amazing.
Sep 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2021
lo mejor de todos los tiempos
Sep 13, 2023 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Sep 23, 2023 1:19 AM
Jan 2022
Uau... Não sei nem o que dizer. Quão profunda essa temporada foi, Emiya é um personagem muito mais profundo do que eu imaginava. Me impactei real com a reta final.
Dec 1, 2023 7:27 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a really fun anime gg 7/10
Dec 19, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2021
not a great ending to the grail war but a good ending for the characters emotionally. Devastated he never see's his daughter again.
Jan 6, 3:21 AM

Dec 2022
This 2nd season ended as a masterpiece with the ending despite being bittersweet feelin like XD

Overall this episode finale delivered as i expected it to be delivered. Kiri is such a tragic character but at least just like he said that Ilya is the last person he would lose, but we got the Shirou cameo leading up to the next series after Zero.

- Have to say Kirei giving Rin her father's dagger who kirei used to kill him with was such a savage move lmao.

Jan 17, 9:42 AM
Mar 2023
tremendo,ahora a por la visual novels
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Apr 2021
It's been a while since I've watched such an excellent anime. Fate is indeed in a league of its own.

I have to watch the rest of the series soon. It's just too good!!!
Pages (27) « First ... « 25 26 [27]

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.