Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Oct 1, 2016 7:21 AM

LordOfCinder said:
Fai said:

I sure as hell can judge people for not looking up basic info about what they are about to watch. Especially since it is VERY widelly available, has pinned faqs on the subforums here, has whole wiki article on r/reddit and is very quickly answered whenever somebody asks here on the forums.

I needed a anime to watch quickly after dropping a lame one, went to the MAL page, saw that Fate/zero was the prequel to UBW, got released years before UBW, and decided to watch it first. Still liked it, no big deal. So no, you don't need to take such a condescending tone over something with so little importance.

Don't mind Fai he's always salty
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

Oct 29, 2016 11:19 AM

Cheesy ending, I don' tmind the 5 year skip

Behold of my awesomeness~

Nov 23, 2016 6:10 AM

Little to say. Excited almost to want to enter the video and give a hand to Saber and Iri. Superb.

Jan 7, 2017 8:53 PM

Wow!! What an ending!!! Lots of mindfucking moments. Like Sakura just threw Kariya away despite all the sacrifices he made, Saber having to experience of losing everyone once again, Illya and Kiritsugu no longer be able to meet again, and probably how many years before she can meet her real father, Rin's father dying despite his true killer in front of her and her mother actually survived being strangled. So that's how Shirou will inherit Kiritsugu's dream and servant Saber in UTW.

I know despite the Anime cutting some of the important bits from the novel, it was still an enjoyable medium and definitely a gateway for Fate series

Definitely will watch UTW after this!!!! I give it a 10/10!!!

Jan 8, 2017 10:45 AM

SomaHeir said:

I know despite the Anime cutting some of the important bits from the novel, it was still an enjoyable medium and definitely a gateway for Fate series

It was indeed a really good adaptation. It's either 8 or 9 for me, leaning towards the latter though.

Jan 12, 2017 11:21 PM

havent watched fate/stay/night.

so many questions, so little answers. overall i liked the series, but the ending IMO jumbled too many things at once. it felt like a huge plothole.

on a side note i also watched keijo as i needed something to get my mind off of the demented duo (caster) and had a fun time.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Jan 13, 2017 12:06 AM

It was a good show deserving 7 to 8 rating on my part because the story line was not that wow and characters were alright.But the the duel between Kirei and Kiritsugu was a force to be reckon with.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Jan 18, 2017 9:26 AM

FONZACUS said:
havent watched fate/stay/night.

so many questions, so little answers. overall i liked the series, but the ending IMO jumbled too many things at once. it felt like a huge plothole.

There are no plotholes. Its mainly because as you have said one is not supposed to START with this. Zero expects you to know everything that will happen and why it happens and be interested in HOW it happens.

Apr 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Just finished watching, stayed up to 2am binging.

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm tired, I missed some larger message or am just naive to greatness but whatever it is this is an utter mindfuck. Can someone please explain to me what even happened here, like some kind of synopsis?
Somehow everyone dies and no one is left better off. Kiritsugu and Kirei are so confusing to me because I don't know what they fucking want and they end up with nothing all in the name of achieving something. I don't feel like there's been any closure, probably because I'm stupid to all of the last 2 seasons happenings but if it isn't that obvious then surely I can't be the only one.

I have no clue if the servants deaths were supposed to be symbiotic or beautiful in some way, it certainly didn't seem like it - but again that's probably down to my own naivity, 5 years from when this series began.

It was a good series, and I enjoyed the characters to an extent. Rider and Saber were obviously the most likeable but that's to be expected since they weren't overly complex with shrouded desires and it seems like the filthy casual way of looking at it. I won't say this is a masterpiece because even I don't know what's better than Fate:Zero since I have no real experience to state so but it certainly killed a few hours, apologies if that kills any boners. I'm still open to hear an explaination of what everything was supposed to mean, I might even realise an error and change my perception.

I'm sure I missed another series or something out, maybe even a novel by the looks of things but I don't think i'll invest into anymore of the series seeing as there really isn't much to go off if Fate:Zero was going to be my beginning. I think i'll just take the ending as it is, confusion and all, and just remember all the good times earlier in the series, albeit without any context, just like the naive and mindless drone I am.
Modified by TrapsterJ1, Apr 27, 2017 6:38 PM

Apr 30, 2017 2:06 AM

TrapsterJ1 said:
Just finished watching, stayed up to 2am binging.

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm tired, I missed some larger message or am just naive to greatness but whatever it is this is an utter mindfuck. Can someone please explain to me what even happened here, like some kind of synopsis?
Somehow everyone dies and no one is left better off. Kiritsugu and Kirei are so confusing to me because I don't know what they fucking want and they end up with nothing all in the name of achieving something. I don't feel like there's been any closure, probably because I'm stupid to all of the last 2 seasons happenings but if it isn't that obvious then surely I can't be the only one.

I have no clue if the servants deaths were supposed to be symbiotic or beautiful in some way, it certainly didn't seem like it - but again that's probably down to my own naivity, 5 years from when this series began.

It was a good series, and I enjoyed the characters to an extent. Rider and Saber were obviously the most likeable but that's to be expected since they weren't overly complex with shrouded desires and it seems like the filthy casual way of looking at it. I won't say this is a masterpiece because even I don't know what's better than Fate:Zero since I have no real experience to state so but it certainly killed a few hours, apologies if that kills any boners. I'm still open to hear an explaination of what everything was supposed to mean, I might even realise an error and change my perception.

I'm sure I missed another series or something out, maybe even a novel by the looks of things but I don't think i'll invest into anymore of the series seeing as there really isn't much to go off if Fate:Zero was going to be my beginning. I think i'll just take the ending as it is, confusion and all, and just remember all the good times earlier in the series, albeit without any context, just like the naive and mindless drone I am.

Basically, Kiritsugu realized that the Grail was corrupted and not the wish-granting device he originally thought it would be so he ordered Saber to destroy it against her will, since Servants are the only ones who can physically touch the Grail, and the contents of the Grail spilled over and caused the destruction of Fuyuki City.

There is no closure because it is a tragedy and Fate/Zero's purpose was to explain how that catastrophe happened which is a focal point in Fate/Stay Night.

Jun 6, 2017 4:16 PM

The only thing i was thinking when i saw everything burning and dying: BUUURN BABY BURN!!!

Jul 4, 2017 9:13 AM

Well this was not the ending i had in my mind, but I'm satisfied with it. This was my first pick from the fate series and i really enjoyed it thoroughly. Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu were the characters that intrigued me the most.

Aug 17, 2017 6:26 AM

great ending, loved it!!

Sep 3, 2017 12:28 AM

I loved the anime, now I guess I'll go watch UBW (although Fate/Zero seems better at first glance in my opinion).

But the ending left me with some stuff I didn't understand (I haven't watched Fate/stay night btw):

Oct 12, 2017 2:40 PM

I'm speechless 9/10 but what happened to Saber and why Aoi san is alive?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Fate/zero being my first entry into this series I knew something was going to happen. I mean if Kiritsugu got his wish clearly UBW would not be a thing. I did end up reading the first 2 hours of the VN just get some understanding of the world though.

Jan 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Kiritsugu best protagonist. Gil bathed in all the culture. Lol. I didn't get the impression Mom Tohsaka was alive earlier, ok then.

At least this anime told me something about Kirei at the end here, "You must be alive because of magic or something." Entertaining series, looks like I'll have to read the Wiki or something to know more about the Grail and some other details.

Angra Mainyu part was cool. Saber in Avalon showing she seriously wanted to wish upon the Grail and it's hardly about how Lancelot felt it's more her reaction to what happened at the end of her legend. Overall 9/10
Modified by Toxic_Mongoose, Jan 23, 2018 3:07 PM

Jan 24, 2018 4:42 AM

Toxic_Mongoose said:
looks like I'll have to read the Wiki or something to know more about the Grail and some other details.

The grail part of the wiki has more spoilers for HF movies, you might wanna know that.

Feb 8, 2018 4:15 AM

This final episode was purely masterpiece! It really deserved the praise. Nothing to say more.

Apr 20, 2018 2:17 PM

That was epic and shirou is a very kawaii boi

May 5, 2018 7:18 PM

Damn, last episode hit me with the feel train... So many questions are answered, glad it left me feeling all satisfied.

9/10 - (Actually rated a 10/10 at first, but then after I calmed down from finishing the ending, I decided that a 9 would be the best)

Yeah, it's this fu*king good, I am speechless by how original and profound the plot is. Type-Moon, holy grail! That was the bomb!! Although we didn't get to see enough action scenes, compared to FSN, I genuinely have nothing left to say, besides the fact that Fate/Zero has set my bar wayyyy up high, I don't think there will ever be another anime that can reach this potential...

β–¬β–¬ι═══════ﺀ YOα‘Œ.... α‘•Oα‘Œα’ͺα—ͺ IT α—·E Tα•Όα—©T YOα‘Œ'α–‡E α’α‘Œα”•T α—©α‘Ž Iα—ͺIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai
ツ
* . γ€€γ€€ *
.γ€€γ€€γ€€ γ€€ ˚ γ€€γ€€ * γ€€ ·
.γ€€γ€€βœ¦γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€ ✫ ·
.γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€βœ’γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€°γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€ ✧ γ€€γ€€ . γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€ γ€€

Aug 23, 2018 7:31 AM
Damnn so good so tragic epic nice ending most of the main villain alive yeahhh so basically it felt like watching an adult SasukeXNaruto realtionship between emiya and kirie kind of funny tho next up UBW hope it aint boring

Sep 9, 2018 1:07 PM

Very intense finale. Even though I got confused a little, it was so dark and epic. 9/10 this season.

Nov 4, 2018 11:39 AM

I might not have liked it as much as I should have (mainly because I didn't read the novels) but at least it's answered all the lingering questions about Fate/Stay Night I had.

Nov 20, 2018 7:49 PM

I wanted to see Gilgamesh and his master dead! WHY?
Kiritsugu killed this idiot Kirei!!!! He killed him with the special bullet! Kiritsugu won! Come on! XD

So........in the end, Kirei won the Holy Grail?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Feb 1, 12:54 PM

It was an amazing series, I loved it. I also liked how they had an epilogue at the end as well. Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi? Also will Kirei take care of Rin, her mother seems like has lost her mind ... oh well.

Overall a solid 9/10

Feb 1, 9:11 PM

Nanaya-kun said:
Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi?

kariya didn’t kill her, he choked her until she passed out. and she suffered brain damage due to oxygen deprivation

Feb 2, 12:59 AM

Shayon said:
Nanaya-kun said:
Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi?

kariya didn’t kill her, he choked her until she passed out. and she suffered brain damage due to oxygen deprivation

I see, I figured, thank you for clarifying.

Mar 1, 3:42 AM

Fantastically good series. Both the writing and the animation were superior.

May 6, 5:11 PM

I cried anime for the first time. What a moved development.
Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail ― Charles F. Kettering

May 30, 1:18 AM
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Thanks Fate/Zero.

7/10

Jun 14, 6:48 AM

For a moment I thought Kirei married with Aoi. But oh well, she lost it.

The irony of the dagger, and that irony will happen again in FSN.

In the end there's 3 possiblities that caused that disaster:

1. Saber destroyed the Holy Grail.
2. Kirei had his wish granted.
3. The Holy Grail isn't a wish grating device.

The second one is just Gilgamesh opinion though. Besides, Kirei lose to Kiritsugu before Saber destroys the Holy Grail.

If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Jul 17, 6:35 PM
The ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Call it artsy all you want, but I didn't really enjoy it personally.

Aug 7, 11:10 AM

So that explains Waver's PTSD flashbacks from the Grail war. Sure a lot of people died but not Kirei or Kiritsugu? Gilgamesh is also still around. So the weaker hero's really don't have much of a chance. C'mon...

Overall still a satisfying ending though.

Aug 17, 12:04 PM

Kiritsugu's despair sure was something until he found Shirou, sad that he couldn't see Illya ever again. Guess he passed away just after Shirou said that although he didn't seem THAT old..
Saber keeps on suffering unfortunately, the war sure took its toll on her.

The Grail feels like a huge troll, don't really understand how Kirei and Gil won when Saber destroyed it.
Pretty fucked up he gave Rin that same weapon he used to kill her dad. Surprised Aoi didn't die back then but her current condition isn't great either.

Feel like the Kariya and Sakura scene could've been better, too bad she's still stuck with that creep Zouken, hope he gets his just rewards later.

Pretty great series overall but somehow feels like a few things are missing.
Now where do I go from here...
Modified by nerfx, Aug 17, 12:08 PM

Sep 27, 3:09 AM
Just finished this for the first time, Jesus that was pure tragedy, Shakespeare would be jealous. My older sister loves fate and wanted me to watch this. That hurt, I’m heartbroken. 9/10 great show but holy hell if that didn’t make me cry multiple times. I know how fate stay night starts and this is the prequel but it just hurt. That’s my take on it.
clown president general plue

Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]