Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Accel World Episode 11 Discussion


Jun 23, 2012 4:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 599
Black Lotus is BEASTLY! I was really looking forward to her and Yellow Radio's kill moves. Hopefully will get to see some more level 9 action like that in the near future. I wonder how strong Chrome Disaster will be. Hopefully he's some OP Berserker that will rampage throughout the city. That would make for some crazy action!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

 
Jun 23, 2012 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8101
This episode give so many pokemonish vibes with all the different skills & stuff.
 
Jun 23, 2012 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 233
Quite positive suprise (end).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 23, 2012 5:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
The shivers Accel World is sending down my spine, just won't stop. Yet another *fantastic* episode primarily filled with brilliant action. Although I have to admit that I overestimated Yellow Radio a little bit. I expected him to put up more of a fight. The illusion related attacks he used were no surprise (he's a clown after all) but I feel like we haven't seen enough of him yet. If he's really going to die after Chrome Disaster's perforation then I'd be a little disappointed. Anyway, aside from that the episode- just like last week- blew my mind. Accel World, I'm in love with you. <3
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Jun 23, 2012 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 630
I thought Haru would be learning how to pwn this game by now. But he is still playing like a newb. I thought he was some sort of ultimate gamer. You take away his quick reaction time and he's nothing. When are we suppose to see his mad gaming skills?
 
Jun 23, 2012 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2836
Nice action packed episode! Snowblack went into shock after seeing her horrible past. Sorry to see Takasu go, he died protecting his friend and master though. He'll most certainly still be there in the real world. In the end Haru's words woke Snowblack up and then she finally got to kick some ass!

And then ladies and gentlemen, the new generation Chrome Disaster has finally appeared and even killed Yellow. Will Red, Black and Silver get away from him in time? Judging from the preview they won't even try, but fight him head on!
 
Jun 23, 2012 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1522
Holy mother of God, this was an intense episode. It was the best I've seen in a long time. Man, I was on the edge of my couch, and then I got up yelling "Get up, Lotus! GET UP!" at the screen. 10/10. Amazing episode.
 
Jun 23, 2012 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 516
entropy13 said:
Please don't tell me Accel World is just Guilty Crown ver. 2.0.

That lame BSOD just so that she won't be doing anything for half of the show, essentially the only reason the whole episode took more than 20 minutes...uggh


I'm worried that it's going down that path. Things are a bit too random and juvenile. Everyone spends too much time standing around politely waiting for other people to finish their whiny, self-absorbed conversations in the middle of an alleged battle to the death. Bad flashbacks. Stupid rules, e.g. double pain, that don't seem to actually mean anything. Too much emphasis on events that are trivial.

Anyway, glad to see that there's finally some action underway but there's room for improvement. Will give it the benefit of the doubt but I'm hoping that next episode will get it together.
 
Jun 23, 2012 8:35 AM
Observer

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5282
Mockman said:

I'm worried that it's going down that path. Things are a bit too random and juvenile. Everyone spends too much time standing around politely waiting for other people to finish their whiny, self-absorbed conversations in the middle of an alleged battle to the death.

It's called drama though. This is not like the one-flash-kill type of show. At least not between important characters. Not everyone likes drama. Also, things are not random unless you haven't really been paying attention. So far this series is very consistent in terms of character and plot.
Mockman said:

Bad flashbacks. Stupid rules, e.g. double pain, that don't seem to actually mean anything. Too much emphasis on events that are trivial.

Those events are not trivial but merely informative on how AW works. The double pain is a decorative factual information.
Mockman said:

Anyway, glad to see that there's finally some action underway but there's room for improvement. Will give it the benefit of the doubt but I'm hoping that next episode will get it together.

I don't think action is what makes this series interesting though. More action != better series

[start rant not targetting quoted users but in general]
I hope people here have not sunk too far into the traps of viewing everything from a tinted POV from the get-go. Once you start doing that, you will start labelling anything that does not look like artsy like Mononoke, that does not look like a classic such LOGH, that does not look psychological complex like Monster or that does not look like a good Noitamina shoujo/josei comedy like Nodame as "generic shounen/moe shit". Are these series really that great? Maybe. But they are far from being flawless. I can in fact bash my favourite series of all time I want. I will always be able to find something really stupid because this is all fiction and I read too much tv tropes. However, that does not prevent me from giving them 10's because you have to give a benefit of doubt.

Sometimes, the hardcore fans can be annoying but the haters are often just as annoying. This is cartoons lol. Of course there will be "juvenile" series. It's all a matter of perspective. The question is realizing that this type of series is not really for you so you don't have to waste your time/money. Unless you have anime completion OCD of course. You really have to realize what this series is aiming and what it is for. I actually like Queen's Blade. I don't watch it for the plot though. I watch it for the facepalmness and the ROTFL moments of "oh man I have nothing to say about this scene"

A good example of how perspective can change is with the Zetman adaptation. As a reader of the manga, I did not like the adaptation because I knew how it was done in the manga. However, even the manga was quite jumpy at best. It presents a somewhat interesting perspective on justice but remains mostly incoherent and I wouldn't really recommend it. The anime adaptation somewhat got rid of the jumpiness but because of the prior knowledge of the "canon" material, I was biased from the get-go on how the adaptation was done. From an objective point of view, the Zetman anime adaptation wasn't THAT bad. A lot of the people who didn't read the manga actually liked it. What I am betting on is that the people who have only watched the anime would not think the manga is better if they start reading it.
[/rant]
Modified by wakka9ca, Jun 23, 2012 8:38 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Jun 23, 2012 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 984
Asweome figths.

So when someone is defeated on that place... they just lose normal points or what?
...
 
Jun 23, 2012 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1522
ricardocsc said:
Asweome figths.

So when someone is defeated on that place... they just lose normal points or what?

Form my understanding, when one is defeated in AW, they log out.
But in this unlimited filed, even if you are defeated, you will not log out. Instead, a counter will appear, and once it reaches zero, you will revive.
 
Jun 23, 2012 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1383
Totally shocked at the end of this ep. Cherry Rook(Infiniti Armor) stabs the Yellow King. D:
 
Jun 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5089
Glad Yellow is actually stronger then he looks . It would suck if Black could defeat him easily.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
Jun 23, 2012 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 15
Holy fudge, that was amazing. Awesome fights, lots of yelling and drama. This is all I want from a shounen series, packed into a single episode.

Crazy lolis help too, of course.
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
Breathtaking episode indeed. The only regret I have is that the battle between Black Lotus and yellow Radio was so short for now, and mostly blurry.
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Wonderful episode full of action
It reminded me of Transformers on Cybertron
The drawings and backgrounds looks similar, although it's been a very long time since I've seen that show
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3544
oh god, that was one epic episode. kuroyukihime and that red haired girl was soo badass <3333
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 412
So EPIC! This episode was by far the best one yet, the action was just awesome!

-Koyuki- said:
kuroyukihime and that red haired girl was soo badass <3333

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That! So badass!!
 
Jun 23, 2012 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 540
I hate how it all relies on cliches (I doubt that someone wouldn't be aiming at Black Lotus), but this is still an epic episode nonetheless.

Damn, that cliffhanger....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 23, 2012 12:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2214


Somebody is really pissed.
 
Jun 23, 2012 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
What an episode. The battle between level 9 rocks.
 
Jun 23, 2012 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 398
Wow, an episode with fighting that didn't suck. The anime has spent the last few episodes building up the characters and their relationships and it pays off with this episode. The fighting actually carried some weight this time and it actually felt like a life and death struggle.

Over the last few episodes the storytelling has improved and the characters have actually gotten more interesting as they've gained dimensions beyond their basic archetypes.

Also, is this guy way overcompensating for something or what...

 
Jun 23, 2012 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
Just like Guilty Crown - good idea, good visual effects, good music, but the fucken characters. So damn annoying. Holy.
 
Jun 23, 2012 2:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
Very great episode
 
Jun 23, 2012 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Fucking awesome episode, damn shit got intense. The fights were awesome and I loved it. Everyone just going nuts attacking everywhere, and holy smokes Niko just blowing shit up left and right. Haha her maniac face was great. And Kuroyuki is a beasttt damn, she was just mowing down everyone in her way. That fight scene with her and Yellow Radio, wow that was great.

Nice to see that flashback of the betrayal, and ooh I didn't expect it to have such an emotional impact on Kuroyuki. But oh yeah Haru's there with his speech and got her up. Lol probably mainly because of him acting as if she loved the red king before, so she just had to wake up and correct him.
 
Jun 23, 2012 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
Totally didn't imagined Red Rider act like that. I imagined him being a badass. Damn...
 
Jun 23, 2012 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
That "Death By embrace" gave me goosebumps, imagine if it was a real human body... lol
Red Rider's head sliding down her "blade arm"
----------
and Like always watching Accel world feels like it's accelerating my own time. WRF that it feels so short.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jun 23, 2012 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Alright I damn well LOVE Accel World and this was quite the beautiful action packed episode but a few things are tugging at my mind.

If someone breaks the non-aggression treaty then the legion of which the victim is affiliated with gets to choose who they get to exile from the Accelerated World? For people who strive for democracy and founded the treaty this was a terrible decision. It's pretty much giving the victim's legion a chance to KO anyone they want regardless of whether or not the person chosen is innocent or not. Of course the legion master may punish the offender instead of the other method, but it is shown in the series that this isn't always possible. Shouldn't the affected legion and the offending legion then team up in order to punish the offender so a random innocent doesn't have his acceleration powers stripped from him?

Also, Yellow Radio said he PREPARED a counter specifically for Black Lotus. Why? Unless Yellow Radio has been spying on them in real life he should have had no prior knowledge pertaining to the Red and Black King's alliance.

Building on that last point, Yellow Radio isn't exactly the best strategist. Sure he had various legion members supporting him, but what was he supposed to do if the memories had no effect on Kuroyukihime? The central idea of his plan was "Knock dat black woman out with memories lol" what if she just... didn't become incapacitated?

This part just kind of made me angry. Okay, level 9's. They're top shit. Best in the world. No one can match them. Leaders of the entire accelerated world. Years of combat experience. And what happens? The Red King is rendered useless by some random jamming technique. Are you kidding me? One random level who knows what burst linker can just cripple a king like it's childs play?

Finally, how exactly did Yellow Radio fight hand to hand with Black Lotus? They ARE both level 9 but Radio spent all his level up bonuses into illusion skills. Am I expected to believe a king that focuses on illusions and skills can match Black Lotus (Who is obviously a hand to hand combat type, seeing as how she's kind of made out of swords) in hand to hand combat? Radio should have gotten his shit slapped.

But uh, other than those minor gripes I'm lovin' this show so much.
 
Jun 23, 2012 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
Selsica said:
This part just kind of made me angry. Okay, level 9's. They're top shit. Best in the world. No one can match them. Leaders of the entire accelerated world. Years of combat experience. And what happens? The Red King is rendered useless by some random jamming technique. Are you kidding me? One random level who knows what burst linker can just cripple a king like it's childs play?


-The Fortress is just part of her"equipment" not her skills or powers, like Red Rider's Horse seen in the flashback or Ash Roller's Bike.

The Jamming of course didn't affect Scarlet Rain, but if affected her equipment the fortress.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jun 23, 2012 5:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Every character has its weakness and strength. Even thou, these lvl 9 king are powerful, but that doesn't mean they never lose before.For example, fire element is powerful but it can easily defeated by water element, this is very basic in most game. That's why they create "Region" to control the land for their own safety to avoid being killed by other Region king.
 
Jun 23, 2012 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
kaimax said:
Selsica said:
This part just kind of made me angry. Okay, level 9's. They're top shit. Best in the world. No one can match them. Leaders of the entire accelerated world. Years of combat experience. And what happens? The Red King is rendered useless by some random jamming technique. Are you kidding me? One random level who knows what burst linker can just cripple a king like it's childs play?


-The Fortress is just part of her"equipment" not her skills or powers, like Red Rider's Horse seen in the flashback or Ash Roller's Bike.

The Jamming of course didn't affect Scarlet Rain, but if affected her equipment the fortress.


That doesn't make her any less crippled. That armor is what makes Scarlet Rain a formidable opponent. Hell, the equipment IS her skills and power. Taking away her fortress is like stripping Haru of his wings and speed, or depriving Yellow Radio of his illusions, or removing all of Black Lotus' attack power.
 
Jun 23, 2012 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5441
Nice action going on with Kuroyuki fighting Yellow Radio, looked pretty sweet but didn't like how Haru brought Kuroyuki back.

Scarlet Rain was pure madness destroying those weaklings.

CD randomly showing up and stabbing YR was totally surprising but I hate this season for all those cliffhangers, stop it, seriously.

Selsica said:
They ARE both level 9 but Radio spent all his level up bonuses into illusion skills.

You don't know that.
 
Jun 23, 2012 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Zhou said:
Nice action going on with Kuroyuki fighting Yellow Radio, looked pretty sweet but didn't like how Haru brought Kuroyuki back.

Scarlet Rain was pure madness destroying those weaklings.

CD randomly showing up and stabbing YR was totally surprising but I hate this season for all those cliffhangers, stop it, seriously.

Selsica said:
They ARE both level 9 but Radio spent all his level up bonuses into illusion skills.

You don't know that.


Maybe not all of them but a large chunk of his bonuses went into illusion. In a story every character needs something that differentiates them from another, and the kings are perfectly segregated. Each color represents a different specialization. Seeing as how Radio didn't use any illusion's against Black Lotus she should have destroyed him.
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 304
Oh Taku, you're a worthless peon and you'll always be a worthless peon. Fantastic action and the animation in this ep was well worth the wait and then some. The battles were incredible and the fight between two level 9ers was on a whole other level literally. Must say, while i understand the remorse & self loathing that Black Snow feels for what she did, in my books, she only went up in my perception of her.

That video just illustrated that the previous Red King was a moron. I mean if you're gullible enough to allow someone to embrace you in a deadly Guillotine hold then you deserve to die. I'll admit its a little morbid but what she did was kinda funny.
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 455
Definitely the best episode visually and dramatically by far. Well directed too and well as great voice acting to bring out everything they could out of the characters
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
ImagineThat said:

That video just illustrated that the previous Red King was a moron. I mean if you're gullible enough to allow someone to embrace you in a deadly Guillotine hold then you deserve to die. I'll admit its a little morbid but what she did was kinda funny.
It was a surprise attack. There is a chance that the red king might kill off black lotus.
 
Jun 23, 2012 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 930


"You are about to get owned" face.

Awesome episode.
 
Jun 23, 2012 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3362
is Taku done? Just when he was getting useful. I really don't like if he's out already. he added more as a fighter than just background friend character.

I like this Yellow Radio guy, he's got style. Still gotta wonder why him and that crew started something against 2 level 9's if they couldn't handle it? I guess they expected Red loli to be a lone. Still taking out that many seemed stupid.

There isn't even points on the line when they fight there right?

I guess fat boy wasn't that annoying this time? They should have been teaming against Chrome Disaster form the beginning either way.
 
Jun 24, 2012 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 828
Selsica said:

If someone breaks the non-aggression treaty then the legion of which the victim is affiliated with gets to choose who they get to exile from the Accelerated World? For people who strive for democracy and founded the treaty this was a terrible decision. It's pretty much giving the victim's legion a chance to KO anyone they want regardless of whether or not the person chosen is innocent or not. Of course the legion master may punish the offender instead of the other method, but it is shown in the series that this isn't always possible. Shouldn't the affected legion and the offending legion then team up in order to punish the offender so a random innocent doesn't have his acceleration powers stripped from him?

It is ridiculous. But maybe the rules are set up like that so that no underling one would DARE break the treaty. If an underling broke the non-aggression pact, their own king and legion would have to kill them to appease the other legion. If the offending underling doesn't get killed off, the offended legion could target any legion member for retribution and the other non-affiliated legions would have to sit by and watch. It's actually a smart way to keep all the legions in line.

Yellow Radio is just simply "playing the game." Yellow Radio gave Cherry Rook the cursed armor knowing that Rook's special abilities would make it hard for Scarlet Rain to get close enough to kill him. So, after Rook broke the treaty and Scarlet failed to kill him to settle the debt, Yellow Radio could then choose Scarlet as his sacrifice. His whole scheme was to circumvent the treaty's rules so he could legally claim the right of retribution on Scarlet Rain and gang up on her with his minions.

The other Kings would just have to sit back and let it happen or risk breaking the treaty themselves and start a full scale war. It's something that addicted burst linking kings wouldn't dare do since they're afraid of losing their accel powers.

It's Yellow Radio's way of trying to get closer to lvl 10 without becoming a "traitor" like Black Lotus did.

I think your coming at non-aggression pact like it's some unjust government law. Your thinking about it all wrong. The treaty isn't designed to be fair and just or about individual rights. It's main purpose is to keep the peace and order between the King's and their legions. I'd equate it to more of a truce between rival gangs or a bunch of banana republic states.

Selsica said:

Also, Yellow Radio said he PREPARED a counter specifically for Black Lotus. Why? Unless Yellow Radio has been spying on them in real life he should have had no prior knowledge pertaining to the Red and Black King's alliance.

Yellow Radio probably had it close by him after he knew Black Lotus had resurfaced. Hell, if I knew some badass purple and black vixen was gunning for my head, I'd keep some extra ammo ready just in case.

I don't think that Yellow Radio was expecting Black Lotus to team up with Scarlet Rain. But when he saw them together, I think he got greedy and figured he could take them both out at once since they both had broken the treaty and are fair game under the treaty rules. He just forgot about someone, the reason why Scarlet Rain and Black Lotus were in the neutral field in the first place.

Selsica said:

Building on that last point, Yellow Radio isn't exactly the best strategist. Sure he had various legion members supporting him, but what was he supposed to do if the memories had no effect on Kuroyukihime? The central idea of his plan was "Knock dat black woman out with memories lol" what if she just... didn't become incapacitated?

Yes, it was a gamble. I also think if the psychological tactic didn't work Yellow Radio would have backed off and fled the scene using his legion as cover. But since it did work for a short time, he was willing to go after Scarlet Rain with his group and hopefully finish Black Lotus off after.

Like i said before, Yellow Radio's biggest miscalculation was not realizing or remembering that Scarlet Rain and and Black Lotus were originally hunting Cherry Rook and that all the commotion would draw him to the scene.

He also miscalculated the power of the Instant Japanese "gan batte" dialogue therapy. It works every time.

kaimax said:

Selsica said:

This part just kind of made me angry. Okay, level 9's. They're top shit. Best in the world. No one can match them. Leaders of the entire accelerated world. Years of combat experience. And what happens? The Red King is rendered useless by some random jamming technique. Are you kidding me? One random level who knows what burst linker can just cripple a king like it's childs play?


-The Fortress is just part of her"equipment" not her skills or powers, like Red Rider's Horse seen in the flashback or Ash Roller's Bike.

The Jamming of course didn't affect Scarlet Rain, but if affected her equipment the fortress.

What he said.

Also, different characters have different abilities that can trump other characters abilities. You've already seen this in a lot of the fights so far. I'm sure Scarlet Rain could easily take out Satellite radar guy by herself. But she's the "Boss" target in a MMO raid. She's got over a dozen guys trying to can open her fortress and she can't risk getting out without getting swarmed. She's also a ranged type fighter even if she's super powered LVL 9, she'd be beaten down by a swarm of mid-level melee fighters.

Selsica said:

Finally, how exactly did Yellow Radio fight hand to hand with Black Lotus? They ARE both level 9 but Radio spent all his level up bonuses into illusion skills. Am I expected to believe a king that focuses on illusions and skills can match Black Lotus (Who is obviously a hand to hand combat type, seeing as how she's kind of made out of swords) in hand to hand combat? Radio should have gotten his shit slapped.

But uh, other than those minor gripes I'm lovin' this show so much.

Yellow Radio had already used some of his skills already on the group. He probably was just surviving by parrying Black Lotus's attacks until he could (re)charge his special skills. I'm Sure if Cherry Rook didn't show up right then, Black Lotus would have sliced Yellow Radio in half.
Modified by Cirris, Jun 24, 2012 3:57 AM
 
Jun 24, 2012 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5218
Cirris said:
Selsica said:

Finally, how exactly did Yellow Radio fight hand to hand with Black Lotus? They ARE both level 9 but Radio spent all his level up bonuses into illusion skills. Am I expected to believe a king that focuses on illusions and skills can match Black Lotus (Who is obviously a hand to hand combat type, seeing as how she's kind of made out of swords) in hand to hand combat? Radio should have gotten his shit slapped.

But uh, other than those minor gripes I'm lovin' this show so much.

Yellow Radio had already used some of his skills already on the group. He probably was just surviving by parrying Black Lotus's attacks until he could (re)charge his special skills. I'm Sure if Cherry Rook didn't show up right then, Black Lotus would have sliced Yellow Radio in half.
Yellow Radio wouldn't have been a King if his fighting skills weren't great. Mind you, Yellow Radio would have at least fought in the Unlimited Neutral Field and against tons of players too to reach level 9. He's bound to have a significant amount of fighting prowess. Just that he is obviously inferior to Black Lotus there since yellow focuses more on indirect attacks.
 
Jun 24, 2012 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8091
Holy shit. Damn, this episode was nothing short of awesome. The intense action was simply breathtaking! It took Black Lotus long enough to recover from her Heroic BSOD, but when she did, she owned. Scarlet Rain let loose with unbelievable firepower, befitting that of a level 9 avatar. Yellow Radio squaring off with Black Lotus was an awesome fight as well, until the Yellow King got "mauled by the mad dog he was feeding". A spin on getting a taste of his own medicine.

Points to Cyan Pile for buying the team some valuable time, and at least he brought down someone else along with him before going out. I hope this isn't the last we see of him, that he just "respawns" elsewhere or something. Points docked from Silver Crow for failing to remember to save himself by using the ground. Fortunately, none of the ambushers were opportunistic enough to attack Black Lotus while she was down.
 
Jun 24, 2012 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Cirris said:

It is ridiculous. But maybe the rules are set up like that so that no underling one would DARE break the treaty. If an underling broke the non-aggression pact, their own king and legion would have to kill them to appease the other legion. If the offending underling doesn't get killed off, the offended legion could target any legion member for retribution and the other non-affiliated legions would have to sit by and watch. It's actually a smart way to keep all the legions in line.

Yellow Radio is just simply "playing the game." Yellow Radio gave Cherry Rook the cursed armor knowing that Rook's special abilities would make it hard for Scarlet Rain to get close enough to kill him. So, after Rook broke the treaty and Scarlet failed to kill him to settle the debt, Yellow Radio could then choose Scarlet as his sacrifice. His whole scheme was to circumvent the treaty's rules so he could legally claim the right of retribution on Scarlet Rain and gang up on her with his minions.

The other Kings would just have to sit back and let it happen or risk breaking the treaty themselves and start a full scale war. It's something that addicted burst linking kings wouldn't dare do since they're afraid of losing their accel powers.

It's Yellow Radio's way of trying to get closer to lvl 10 without becoming a "traitor" like Black Lotus did.

I think your coming at non-aggression pact like it's some unjust government law. Your thinking about it all wrong. The treaty isn't designed to be fair and just or about individual rights. It's main purpose is to keep the peace and order between the King's and their legions. I'd equate it to more of a truce between rival gangs or a bunch of banana republic states.


You say no one would dare break the treaty because of this but it would be much more effective to just take out the "Choose whoever we want to banish" rule altogether. If they did that then the person who committed the crime would be held responsible with no strings attached. A feeling of personal doom greatly outweighs the banishment of some other random from your legion. Look at it this way. I could break the treaty when I am for sure going to be hunted down by my own legion and the opposing one. Or I could break the treaty when some other chump could be punished for my crimes if I avoided capture long enough. In those situations I would be WAY more inclined to break the treaty if someone else could be punished for my actions.

And when Yellow Radio uses the conditions of the treaty as leverage to reach level 10 he's pretty much going against what the entire treaty stands for anyways, essentially making the treaty useless. The whole point of it was to establish a society where no one reaches level 10. If the treaty is so easily exploitable then what's the point of it in the first place?
 
Jun 24, 2012 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3441
wakka9ca said:
I hope people here have not sunk too far into the traps of viewing everything from a tinted POV from the get-go. Once you start doing that, you will start labelling anything that does not look like artsy like Mononoke, that does not look like a classic such LOGH, that does not look psychological complex like Monster or that does not look like a good Noitamina shoujo/josei comedy like Nodame as "generic shounen/moe shit". Are these series really that great? Maybe. But they are far from being flawless. I can in fact bash my favourite series of all time I want. I will always be able to find something really stupid because this is all fiction and I read too much tv tropes. However, that does not prevent me from giving them 10's because you have to give a benefit of doubt.
The first thing to know how much I love a show is to know how many flaws in that said show and how much I love the good things about the show. There is no such a thing as a perfect show. There are always flaws in a show for as long as the creators and viewers are human.

wakka9ca said:
Sometimes, the hardcore fans can be annoying but the haters are often just as annoying. This is cartoons lol. Of course there will be "juvenile" series. It's all a matter of perspective. The question is realizing that this type of series is not really for you so you don't have to waste your time/money. Unless you have anime completion OCD of course. You really have to realize what this series is aiming and what it is for. I actually like Queen's Blade. I don't watch it for the plot though. I watch it for the facepalmness and the ROTFL moments of "oh man I have nothing to say about this scene"
I actually don't think QB is such a bad show but by no mean I am saying QB is a great show. I think the show did great at what it was doing and it only did what it does well and nothing more. It is a very enjoyable show but as you said, one has to realize what the show they are watching is aiming for and what it is for.

Back to the topic,

Ok, now 2 kings down and who is going to gain experience from Yellow king since he was KillStealing(LOL) by CD? If CD got it then do we get exp back if we kill him?

One more question, how many lvl9 kings do you have to kill in order to reach lvl10?


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Jun 24, 2012 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1889
dam yuniko is so dam hot, her avatar robot thing is cute too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 24, 2012 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
ohh just when they were about to release their final attacks........

is taku gone for good? dam that is waay too harsh, but im glad he died in an epic way

cant wait for next weeks episode, i wonder if they are gonna show the new op and ending
 
Jun 24, 2012 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Great action scenes. I was hoping for Black Lotus to fight so i could see her ability. Seems like the black legions are close combat or something.
 
Jun 24, 2012 5:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
kamikaze_1996 said:
is taku gone for good? dam that is waay too harsh, but im glad he died in an epic way


No, everyone who dies in the neutral field, just dies for a while. There's a timer on his "tombstone", if it goes to 0 than he'll revive.

The only way to die in Accel world is getting your points to zero.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jun 24, 2012 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
Oh wow, that action was intense. So much animation.

Episode delivered the awesomeness I was expecting.

Next episode looks to be really good too.
 
Jun 24, 2012 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5218
Siva said:

Ok, now 2 kings down and who is going to gain experience from Yellow king since he was KillStealing(LOL) by CD? If CD got it then do we get exp back if we kill him?

One more question, how many lvl9 kings do you have to kill in order to reach lvl10?
Well, Cherry Rook, the possessed player by CD, is level 6 or 7 so he will get around 30 or 40 points from Yellow Radio if he was to kill him. Same level battles get you 10 points, and every difference in level nets you another 10 points. In episode 2, Haru got 20 points when he defeated Ash Roller since Ash is already level 2 then.

And you need to kill 5 level 9s to become level 10. Black Lotus needs 4 more, 3 if she had killed YR here but she was rudely interrupted by our big friend lol.
 
Jun 24, 2012 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
belatkuro said:
Siva said:

Ok, now 2 kings down and who is going to gain experience from Yellow king since he was KillStealing(LOL) by CD? If CD got it then do we get exp back if we kill him?

One more question, how many lvl9 kings do you have to kill in order to reach lvl10?
Well, Cherry Rook, the possessed player by CD, is level 6 or 7 so he will get around 30 or 40 points from Yellow Radio if he was to kill him. Same level battles get you 10 points, and every difference in level nets you another 10 points. In episode 2, Haru got 20 points when he defeated Ash Roller since Ash is already level 2 then.

And you need to kill 5 level 9s to become level 10. Black Lotus needs 4 more, 3 if she had killed YR here but she was rudely interrupted by our big friend lol.


And because YR was killed by Chrome Disaster, He doesn't get the auto sudden death from being killed by a level 9.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »