Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2012 7:41 AM

Dec 2011
//
wy_hJun 1, 2014 9:56 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2012 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
Well, take a break then.
You can always come back to anime later.
Jun 19, 2012 7:46 AM

Dec 2011
Arisuchan said:
Well, take a break then.
I've taken a break for at least 1 month or so, its not working at all.
Jun 19, 2012 7:47 AM

Jul 2007
Keep not watching until you want to watch it then.
Jun 19, 2012 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
wai090609 said:
Arisuchan said:
Well, take a break then.

Take a longer break. :P

What genre do you like? Perhaps I can give you some recommendations.
Jun 19, 2012 7:51 AM

Sep 2010
I'm the same at the moment :/ I can't seem to "find the time" to watch anime despite actually having loads of spare time... I'm more drawn to manga, it's easy to adjust the pace of reading it.

Maybe try different genres? It could be that you're getting used to watching one type of anime, and its getting predictable. My "anime-motivation" peaked when I switched genres and started watching different styles.
Jun 19, 2012 7:53 AM

Jul 2010
Like Arisuchan said, just take a break. Eventually there will be an anime that you just have to watch. If you really want to keep watching anime, try something new or watch your favourite series. If even you've seen it once or twice, there's always some small detail you pick up that you missed last time around.
Jun 19, 2012 8:02 AM

Oct 2009
BLASPHEMER, BURN HER!
Jun 19, 2012 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Or watch better stuff
Jun 19, 2012 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
jpem said:
Or watch better stuff

Rather than watching better stuff she should try differents thing.

I checked your list, most of the show you watch are kind of alike, you should probably try another genre. It's normal that if you watch only one kind of anime you will grow bored of it.
Seem like you are a fan of romance anime, then try to watch Macross Frontier and/or Katanagatari, these two animes still have romance but combine it with things you aren't used to so it might look fresh for you.
When you are starting to get used to something else than romance / slice of life, move on much different show, i'm sure that this way you'll get motivation again.
Jun 19, 2012 8:17 AM

May 2011
Happens sometimes. There are times when I don't want to sit down and watch an "official" episode but just check out other anime/character related things or scenes.

1 month may seem like a long break but there are phases like that. If I was you I'd pick up a really long and interesting series (Like One Piece or Gintama) and make a vow of one-two episodes a day. (You'll find yourself subconsciously marathoning sometimes ^^)
Jun 19, 2012 8:20 AM

Oct 2011
As said - take a break
if it won't work try some different type of shows
and if this won't work... there is so many other things to be passionate about :) and after some time you may come back to check some stuff again - this worked for me, still I watch a LOT less than I used to be (also due to certain RL circumstances) but I still enjoy it
Jun 19, 2012 9:28 AM

Oct 2010
This thread is made so many times. The answer is "yes". Anime is a hobby that consumes time, in that sense you will pass through moments in which you feel you are wasting your time in it, so you'll need to take a break. But that should happen to any fan at many moments in their life, without it meaning that their state is permanent. It's natural that you end up getting tired when you have been devoted to something for a long time, it doesn't mean you are not able to enjoy it again, but I don't see anything wrong to switching off from time to time. It's even necessary.
jal90Jun 19, 2012 9:36 AM
Jun 19, 2012 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
I could give recommendations, but it seems your only into romance
Jun 19, 2012 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
Gogetters said:
BLASPHEMER, BURN HER!

Having you say that with your forum picture is strangely very frightening
Jun 19, 2012 9:42 AM
Feb 2011
You can try reading some manga, it usually helps me when I get bored of anime. Though the motivation to watch anime I had when I started has been probably lost forever.
Jun 19, 2012 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
Don't take breaks. It's harder to go back to something once you've had a break from it.

Go watch random shows of random genres. With diversity, there comes objectivity. The more you watch, the more balanced your judgement becomes. Start 10-15 shows at once and watch no more than 1 episode of each per day.
Jun 19, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
Sometimes I feel that I can't watch more than one anime at a time.

It feels like betraying it if I already watched a Season and it has two D:.

I just don't want to abandon stuff T.T.

Anyways, taking a break isn't quite a good idea. Watch different genres.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 19, 2012 10:41 AM

Jun 2011
wai090609 said:
Arisuchan said:
Well, take a break then.

I didn't feel like watching anything for several months, and since I've gotten my motivation back I've watched over 200 episodes in just a few weeks.

As long as you still have the interest, you'll get your motivation back eventually.
Jun 19, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2007
You've only finished 69 shows, so obviously you are missing things.
Jun 19, 2012 10:53 AM

Jul 2009
You haven't seen that many anime. Like others have said, I suggest you try out different genres and styles. Don't just stick to romance, expand your horizons. And watch some of the old classics, they are remembered today for a good reason.

If you like, you can make a recommendation thread in the appropriate subforum here. You can PM me for personal recommendations, too.
mezzoguitarJun 19, 2012 10:56 AM
Jun 19, 2012 10:54 AM

Jan 2011
Calamity is afoot!
Jun 19, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
I've gotten back into watching American comedies and MLP and such, and I haven't watched anime in about two months, I think. Maybe three. Don't worry about it. I've gone through a year where I wasn't interested in anime and I just forced myself to watch it. It made me hate it, because it felt like a chore instead of something that I used to love. So take a break if you need to. Don't worry about it. If you do, you'll just end up hating anime. You can come back when you're ready.

But I would keep up to date with everything that's going on. Because once you do come back, everything will have changed and it sucks getting caught up.
Jun 19, 2012 11:12 AM

Oct 2011
I know I'm definitely nowhere near as seasoned as some of the people here for watching anime, but I'll throw in my two cents.

For me, I notice I use anime as an escape from the real world when I need it. For example I watched it up until about last December when I met my ex and I finally was actually happy with real life. We broke up a couple weeks ago and my anime purge suddenly stopped. Why? The only answer I can come up with is that it makes me stop thinking about all the shitty stuff in life and just escape to an alternate world where I don't have to worry about any crap. But then again, I'm a bit of a wierdo so what can I say.
"Pursue what has meaning to you, regardless of what the consequences or results may be. If you don't, you'll just spend the rest of your life wondering what might have happened."
Jun 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Aug 2007
I FEEL THE SAME WAY, BRO.
Estimated, i believe i only watch 1 new episode per month. I just don't feel like i have any motivation to watch any anime, like i most the meaning to it. Yet again, all these months, my laziness was from my chronic disease.

But, i'm still waste most of my day reading manga. I can never have too much of that. XD
Jun 19, 2012 12:33 PM

Jun 2008
jal90 said:
This thread is made so many times. The answer is "yes". Anime is a hobby that consumes time, in that sense you will pass through moments in which you feel you are wasting your time in it, so you'll need to take a break. But that should happen to any fan at many moments in their life, without it meaning that their state is permanent. It's natural that you end up getting tired when you have been devoted to something for a long time, it doesn't mean you are not able to enjoy it again, but I don't see anything wrong to switching off from time to time. It's even necessary.
Probably the 5+ times I've seen it already. No doubt it will get to 5+ pages at some point.
Jun 19, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2010
Ask for recomendations. If a show doesn't catch your interest then it's mostly the work's fault and not the whole medium.

Looking at your list my bet would be Spice and Wolf. It's similar to your favourites but also has themes completly absent from the ones you watched already.
Jun 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
Watch a wider variety of shows. If I'm becoming bored with certain genres I start to watch something vastly different.
Jun 19, 2012 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
I'm not sure how this is an issue though... It's like saying "I don't like eating lemons" and then complaining that you can't bring yourself to eat lemons.

If you don't like something anymore, don't watch it. Nobody's forcing you.

That probably comes off as being mean :/ I'm not trying to be. Maybe I just don't understand what you're getting at.
Jun 19, 2012 3:02 PM

Dec 2011
sa130r said:
I know I'm definitely nowhere near as seasoned as some of the people here for watching anime, but I'll throw in my two cents.

For me, I notice I use anime as an escape from the real world when I need it. For example I watched it up until about last December when I met my ex and I finally was actually happy with real life. We broke up a couple weeks ago and my anime purge suddenly stopped. Why? The only answer I can come up with is that it makes me stop thinking about all the shitty stuff in life and just escape to an alternate world where I don't have to worry about any crap. But then again, I'm a bit of a wierdo so what can I say.

You may be right. When I watched it a lot, was when I had my exams and went through stuff I disliked a lot. BUt recently my social life has boosted up a lot.

svastiKaThulhu said:
I'm not sure how this is an issue though... It's like saying "I don't like eating lemons" and then complaining that you can't bring yourself to eat lemons.

If you don't like something anymore, don't watch it. Nobody's forcing you.

That probably comes off as being mean :/ I'm not trying to be. Maybe I just don't understand what you're getting at.

Thing is, its not I don't like it (anime in general), its the fact I can't find any anime I want to watch. Its like, you like chocolate, but you can't seem to find the chocolate bar you like. Its out there, just can't find it. Same principal I guess?
Jun 19, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
Start watching Zero no Tsukaima now. Let's see if you like that or not.
Jun 19, 2012 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Bets on how long it is before a new one of these threads is made?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 19, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
Post-Josh said:
Bets on how long it is before a new one of these threads is made?
It seems the time has gotten shorter and shorter. I wager a month at most, assuming we start counting when this topic gets buried by 2-3 pages back?

Anyways to make it look like I'm contributing, there's about a couple of options:
1. Just move on to some other entertainment media. So much books, movies, TV shows, music, sports, games and other exciting stuff for you to do. Then maybe look back at anime if you still feel the need to.
2. Watch more diverse anime.

Whatever you do, don't keep shooting yourself in the foot, as is what most people do. What I mean by that is, don't keep watching the same stuff you consider uninteresting just because you can't seem to find something else to do. That's probably the least productive way to spend your time. You want to enjoy your leisure times, and work hard when you need to either in school or at work.
TachiiJun 19, 2012 4:21 PM
Jun 19, 2012 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
I have that feeling sometimes.
I would usually just take a break for a few days or probably just read manga. That usually helps my motivation :)
Jun 19, 2012 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
You should go watch some life action 3D movies, either:
You'll like it much more and don't feel the need to watch anime again (that would be blasphemy)
You don't enjoy it that much, so you will appreciate anime much more.
Jun 19, 2012 6:24 PM

Apr 2007
Just watch it when you feel like watching it again. No need to force yourself to like something you've grown tired of.
Jun 19, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
Sometimes I feel that I can't watch more than one anime at a time.

It feels like betraying it if I already watched a Season and it has two D:.

I just don't want to abandon stuff T.T.

Anyways, taking a break isn't quite a good idea. Watch different genres.[/quote

Feeling like that as well. Problem is what I'm watching right now is Fairy Tail and HxH2011... so yeah
Jun 19, 2012 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
I'm kind of going through the same right now, although I did just start watching

Hanasaku Iroha which is nice so I think I can finish this series, haven't found anything else that makes me wanna watch just yet.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Jun 19, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2008
I've taken a break from Anime a few months ago for 3 months and now I'm craving for more. Going to watch when I have time.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Jun 19, 2012 8:14 PM
Jul 2009
You just need to find something really good. They all have that entry barrier before you get hooked to a particular series (usually 2-4 episodes), but once you do I'm sure you know the feeling.
Jun 19, 2012 8:37 PM

Aug 2007
What's with these threads popping up and all of the OP's for these things have barely seen over 50 completed anime?

Before whining about being bored with anime and thinking you've seen the best of what the medium has to offer. It wouldn't hurt to actually have branched out first.

Jun 20, 2012 1:34 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah it's normal. Take a break then resume when you're in the mood again. Easy.
Jun 20, 2012 1:37 AM

Jul 2009
Hias said:
What's with these threads popping up and all of the OP's for these things have barely seen over 50 completed anime?

Before whining about being bored with anime and thinking you've seen the best of what the medium has to offer. It wouldn't hurt to actually have branched out first.

Precisely. I think that many of these people who claim to be tired of anime are only looking at a small selection of titles that they have allowed themselves to be exposed to. If you only watch, say for example, battle action anime like Naruto, Bleach, Ao no Exorcist, and D.Gray-man, you can easily get tired and mistake your loss of interest in the genre as a loss of interest in the whole medium. A person needs to look at the big picture to sustain their enjoyment of anime.

I'm not saying that taking a break is not an option, but I think wai090609 is missing a very important point which could help her with her "anime crisis".
Jun 20, 2012 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
You should switch to a different hobby for the time being. There's painting, drawing, music, etc...
Jun 20, 2012 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
mezzoguitar said:
Hias said:

Precisely. I think that many of these people who claim to be tired of anime are only looking at a small selection of titles that they have allowed themselves to be exposed to. If you only watch, say for example, battle action anime like Naruto, Bleach, Ao no Exorcist, and D.Gray-man, you can easily get tired and mistake your loss of interest in the genre as a loss of interest in the whole medium. A person needs to look at the big picture to sustain their enjoyment of anime.

I'm not saying that taking a break is not an option, but I think wai090609 is missing a very important point which could help her with her "anime crisis".

Tons of anime look alike, both story and characters.

Most of them are from 7 to 7.80 and these are the major scores on MAL.

People check score and synopsis and maybe a review.

I suppose it's quite boring hearing the same cliched stuff and the same stories going on an on, and sometimes changing genres is not enough. Watching 30+ shows is quite something, and can get people bored.

I did not see many shows myself, I know, but sometimes I guess what people will say in their conversations already, I still give good scores because sometimes they surprise me or simply because they really are original.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 20, 2012 2:13 AM

Apr 2012
I have definitely gone through phases like that. But personally I have found that if I make time, sit down and say "Alright, today I'm going to watch this, this, and this" then I generally end up enjoying what I'm watching and go beyond what I had planned.

Of course if this does not work, then I would definitely suggest taking a break until you feel like it. Maybe find some new ways to spend your time
Jun 20, 2012 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
wai090609 said:
Is this a problem to anyone else? Its not like I don't want to watch anime, but there just isn't one that I like enough which will motivate me to watch. I can't find anime's which makes me want to watch straight away anymore. It's really upsetting me, because I WANT to watch anime. :(

Being bored with anime is a serious problem. Do not fear you are not alone. In fact a simple google search of MAL forums with bored+anime returned these results. There were more, but I grew so discouraged reading through all these people with this terrible affliction.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=428397
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=450259&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=440613
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=444121
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=110136&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=136682
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=452687
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=247661
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=155584

If you can't find help on MAL, then please do get help somewhere. You should not have to live with this debilitating condition.

Jun 20, 2012 5:03 AM

Nov 2011
This is a thinly disguised recommendation thread, isn't it?
The Art of Eight
Jun 20, 2012 5:58 AM

May 2012
When that happens to me i take a break til i get in "have to watch anime mode."
Or you could change the anime, watch something else ya know :3
Jun 20, 2012 6:43 AM
Nov 2011
Oh, please die. Your life is over. What's up with everyone asking the same shit every now and then anyway, huh?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.